New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Zygon

The Zygon 6.1 Ark Vanka’s group

Most of the Zygon seem rather happy to have Ark traveling with them again; they seem to pick up numbers fairly well, and rather slowly start adding numbers beyond the ten that he taught them. Vanka seems to pick up on how to read others fairly well, but she seemed rather skilled at figuring out others to begin with, or at least other Zygon; though they do pretty well start having people up at all times of night.

The Zygon 6.2 Ark Polyxena’s group

Only a few of Polyxena’s group are near delivery, but a couple are pushed into labor with the use of his abilities; and the Zygon seemed to have been fairly prepared for it since they were closer anyway. Though, Polyxena was rather grateful for the personal lessons, and is more then happy to be his priestess, that is after his explains what exactly that is; she also seems to enjoy the affectionate actions he takes.

The Zygon 6.3 Ark the Zytan

Many are interested to hear Ark’s advise on how to better phrase things when they think of things; but he needs to extensively explain things like preying, what they hear, and other such things. However there is an odd Zygon in the group who’s spear and shield seem rather out of place; he black eyes occasionally look at Ark to show she is listening, but other then her eyes, spear and shield she seems normal enough.

The Zygon 6.5 Kirkael

Immediately many of the Zygon pivot and have spears facing the dark creature with shields at the ready, many of those further back change to axes that they seem ready to throw. “What do you want?” Demands a female red eyed Canidae with shield and spear readied only a few feet away from the dark being, others seemed to be none too happy to see the creature either.

The Zygon 6.7 Tek Hos’s group

Hos seems rather happy to see Tek again when he returns, though even through the fur it was easy to tell Hos was getting older; he was still the leader, but his age was beginning to show. There is some interest in what painting but the Zygon almost immediately translate it to etching stone and earth; it seems to be their preferred medium, however there seems to be mild interest in the showing of the elements. Though, the children and more so the parents are still weary of the creature he is allowed to interact with them to a point, which the children are usually happy to see others approve of their abilities. Though to a certain extent the Zygon already use mud and earths to paint their fur, it does not seem that images are really apparent in their choice to do these, more of alter their looks and appearance.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-09 at 09:03 PM.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

2. - Top - End - #122

Spoiler
    Show
    <<OOC: [IMPORTANT!] I changed the time frame to 6.5, after realizing that no matter how godly Kirkael is, he does not have the ability to be in two places at once. Also, I'm assuming that time flows differently on the Outer Plane, and that one tenth of a turn is enough to get a fairly good amount of chitchat in. Please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.>>

Kirkael quickly realizes that these creatures are not to be taken lightly, and that they could potentially pose an actual threat to him. Not only that, but there's really no point in fighting a bunch of creatures when he wants them to worship him.

He puts his hammer down, letting the head rest on the ground, and raises his hands, doing his best to look peaceful. His voice is a low rumble of thunder in the distance, powerful but nonthreatening, "I seek not to fight, but to teach. I have watched this world, and I have determined that of all the creatures in existance, you are the ones most worthy to rule it. I come with an offer of teaching and power. Look!" he exclaims, manifesting a Flash miracle in the shape of one of the creatures in front of him, a dazzlingly bright image of a Zygon. After it subsides, he continues, "Power to use light, power to dominate the weaker races. What I just showed you is but a fraction of the potential that I could bring to you. My only request is that you teach me of yourselves, and show deference to me. Do this, and your people will be the greatest beings in existence!"
    He studies the creatures. Naturally, being a god of light and all, he is attracted to their eyes, and the light produced thereof. Definitely capable, he muses to himself, observing their physical attributes. Their differences might cause trouble, if the creatures define themselves by them. To form a world-conquering empire, they must be united. Well, that would be a bridge to cross in the future. For now, Kirkael has to make himself an authority.
    Last edited by TheStagesmith; 2008-06-09 at 07:03 PM.
    On the Differences between Third and Fourth Editions
    Characters: None at the moment :-(

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 6.8

Tek feels a pang of sorrow, seeing the aged Hos. He thinks to himself: “How unnatural it is to die, after such a short time” and remembers death of Karksh leader Fasha. On one of the evening he asks "Can you tell me of your past Hos? Before I’ve met you and the times I was away.” If Hos tells him, he carefully listens, not missing a word.

As Tek starts to feel his followers he thinks: “It appears I’m becoming more attuned to those with right potential. My Dominion is truly guiding me”. This raises Tek’s spirits and he continues with redoubled effort. Tek spends some time with his followers helping them with their communication skills. He tells them how right words can be used to convince others, and how careful listening can help understand the thoughts of the speaker – a useful skill in trade, courtship or dispute resolution. Tek teaches them some storytelling skills, if they wish to compose stories about different events and their tribe accomplishments.

Tek composes several stories featuring Zygon Heroes of past/far away. Tek never mentions whether the stories are real or all made up. In these stories Zygon overcome hardships – be it vicious predators, force of nature or request of their potential mate. His stories praise determination, intelligence and cooperation as means of success. They are meant as aspirations for the young, to strive into becoming stronger and smarter.

Tek examines how Zygon’s use of mud and paints can be improved. He continues to pursue his idea of images painted on body as marks of accomplishment. At the same time he proposes the idea of using mud as camouflage (unless Zygon are already using it as such).

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 6.7

A very weary Sedha finally arrived at the the Zygon's area, still clutching the Karksh's body.

Sedha wanders around the area for a day, stopping only when she finds a group of Zygon with more than 10 members. Even then she waits only long enough to deliver this message.

"If you do not know me, I am Sedha, of Darkness and Kindness. I bring you knowledge knowledge of what lies outside of your forest. This in my arms, is the body of a very wise and brave Karksh, another intelligent creature such as yourself, who asked me in their dying wish, for me to bring you his body to show you what the Karksh look like, and to bring you all a message:

'Greetings, other thinkers. We are the Karksh, and we live in the water. We have been told of your existence in the land, and wished to contact you. We wanted to let you know that we are here as well, and wish to learn of you. The one before you now has died, but is shown to you so that you may see what we look like, as we are told you see differently than we do, and can see things that cannot move. We think that there are many ideas that could be shared between us, and wish to learn all we can. We will be waiting.'

"I wish I could stay to explain more to you all, but there is much more to be done. I must carry her message to all of the creatures living in this land. I will return soon. Until then, farewell.
    "

With that she leaves, off to the next group. She continues this for an entire day, before turning back towards the Sume.
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-06-09 at 09:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Tirus turn 6.0

"I have built this for all Zygon. so you may seek shelter when you need, seek my help if you wish, and so I Tirus, can pass on all knowledge I have so that all Zygon my find a better way to live. I ask you, would you like to learn how to build structrues like this? would you like to know of easier ways to work? I can teach you this if you wish. I would only ask that you pass on my teachings if you seek my help. If you wish my help then call on me, if you do not then do not, but you all are welcome to my place. I will not turn any Zygon away." Tirus pauses and awaits there response.

If any ask him to teach them he will ask. " what knowledge do you seek? I could teach you how to build structures to live in, I could teach you a faster way to travel, or if you have another problem I could help with."

any that choice not to learn he states this " I respect your decision and still offer you a comfortable place to rest if you wish. you may watch or join if you want but I will not make you and will leave that decision to you."
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

6. - Top - End - #126

The Zygon 6.0 Tirus

When the Zygon that roam the area return to see what the creature had built they are a little surprised at the extent and detail it had put into it; most were simply amazed, others were not real keen on it or seemed somewhat claustrophobic. However, many, mostly brown eyed Zygon, inspected the building in fine detail; paying the most attention to the stone and how it was etched and made. Though the split group seemed to have been a blessing since there appeared to be no place to keep their herd; but after a while several Zygon sat down across from the creature. “How did you make this?” Asked one of the bolder brown eyed Felidae females, she seemed to have been paying rather close attention to the stone.

The Zygon 6.3 Kirkael

The Zygon ease up a bit as he seems to take a less offensive stance and they listen to his words, but when the light strikes them, the ones holding spears back a bit and raise their shield to hold out the brightness, while several axes hurtle in his direction. Most axes land with a heavy thump on the ground while a few collide with shields of stone, but a wild shot landed squarely in his chest it was at an angle and with enough force to stick.

The Zygon 6.7 Sedha

The many groups the shadowy creature visits tend to be a bit suspicious at first, weapons at the ready, but as she begins explaining they ease up and look more closely at the thing she is hold. However, most are left rather confused by the encounter, but none really oppose her in the goals she appears to have.

Hos looks up the unusual creature when it asks him about his past, he laughs mildly. “A lot happened before you showed up, and a lot happened while you were away. But I will tell you some of it.” He states before starting into a fairly lengthy story of his life; his family, growing up, when he first became the leader of the group, a few bouts he had with other groups, his mate, his children, and several other things of some significance to him. “Life has been good to me.” He exclaims at the end of his tale, though while he made it most about his life, he had been sure to include plenty about the group and it’s occurrences.

It is both difficult and easy to decipher which of the Zygon are his followers and which are not but simply skilled with words and stumble upon several problems. However after some time he is able to figure it out and they are, a rather the pair of them, a blue eyed Felidae male and a white eyed Felidae female. The listen rather closely to what he says and how the unusual creature explains things, they even attempt to increase their own skills with what he taught them, and several others listen too curiously. Though, after a when it came to the Zygon and body paints, they don’t seem to keen on keeping the images for long in their fur about as long as they keep all other kinds in it, but they already seem to have a moderate use of camouflage, but it’s still not very well developed.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 6.2 The Zytan

A tornado of rose petals erupts from the plains picking up dust and pebbles as it grew in size and power, quickly it rose up, and up to six feet in height, then suddenley the rose petals erupt outwards covering the surrounding area to reveal the Avatar of Awlruts. Dusting herself off as the dust settled around her she quickly turned. She had to find Victoria. With that thought she began moving with a meaningful step, Forneus may not know where she is, but if he accidently discovers her he can claim innocence. "That bastard wont get that chance.".
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ark 6.2, Polyxena

As he speaks to Polyxena, his hands roams more freely along the Zygon. Caressing softly and petting, he is encouraging now more intimately. Although there is matter to be distracted, Ark would stop whenever he wanted her to remember something important.

He explains the process of prayer: "Prayer doesn't need to be going on all the time. But the other Zygon should be able to confess to you what their wishes are, you then summarize those wishes and pray to me directly, and I will heed your words."

Later on, Ark will name Polyxena a priestess of Ark in front of the Zygon in the group. He explains how prayers accumulate and become difficult to read. He has chosen Polyxena, daughter to Huna, to be his medium with their tribe. She will listen to her fellow Zygon and pray for them to himself.

He also says to Polyxena: "Also, I would like you to consider in your mind the possibility of having bigger groups of Zygon. The process would be the same, but it would be also easier for me to track all of you. I will try to introduce the idea to another group to merge with yours, and I would like you to see how the Zygon in your group would react to that."

Ark 6.3, the Zytan

As he sees Victoria, or so her name was, Ark will approach her and ask her her name. Thinking and questioning her, it shouldn't be too hard eventually deducing she is the fruit of Awlruts and a Zygon's love. Full of curiosity, he will talk to the strange black-eyed Zygon for a while, discussing what she thinks of the tribe and also why black-eyed Zygon are regarded as an ill-omen.

Ark 6.6, Others

Ark visits yet another group of Zygon that lives near the others, greeting them with his name: "Ark, Immortal of Fertility." He will ask them who their leader is. Once they talk about the other Zygon's, Ark will start teaching this group of Zygon a basic education for the younglings and will start to do so in all the other groups next turn.

The education seems to consist of numerics, primary numbers, addition, substraction and multiplication. It also consists in learning how to draw symbols which are to be a premise to a crude form of transcripts, the base on which the Zygon can then elaborate into a writing system of their own.

He will, of course, assist any pregnant Zygon or beasts during this turn, and teach any of the male or females about birthing in general, fixing any mistakes that might have occurred as usual.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek asks around to learn rumors about other Immortals. They all would be spreading their teachings, which would grow distorted the further they go. Tek could decipher any useful lore and help his tribe to use all the new ideas.

Tek decides to find a dog-like animal for the Zygon. The key would to find animals with social structure, which could be subverted to make Zygon breeder the “pack-leader”. Then Zygon could slowly breed the animal into faithul servant to look after herds and help with hunting. He also checks Zygon’s command over their herds and looks if their control of animals could be improved.

One again Tek observes the tribe to determine, who would be the next leader. He seeks to find out what direction will Zygon take in the future.

10. - Top - End - #130

With a dismissive gesture Kirkael plucks the axe out of his chest and tosses it on the ground. It hurts, which comes as somewhat of a surprise, but he knows that to show weakness is to give power to another, and right now he needed the power. So he bears the pain without a grimace, and clucks his tongue, "Come, now, that won't do. Do you want to learn or not?" (If necessary for this bit, Kirkael's Intimidate skill has a rank. He's being courteously menacing. Scary s***.) No, this wouldn't do at all. Such chaos and disorder. At least they weren't easily scared. Nevertheless, their attitude would have to be taken care of at some point. Maybe another Immortal could help him out with that... Kirkael pauses for a moment, considering possible courses of action. After a moment, he sits down in the dirt and speaks again. His voice is acrid, like a Ph.D. forced to explain his Nobel Prize research to a preschool class: "I assume you all know what light is. Fine. But what can light do?" At this he looks around, waiting for a response.

Response or not, he continues "Light will show you what is hidden. Light will protect you from enemies even as it burns them. Light will glorify you and make you the masters of this world. I will give you that power, if only you allow me to and respect me." He waits for an answer. If any Zygon show interest, he will begin grilling them on their characteristics, asking for examples and demonstrations where necessary. He is trying to figure out what way he can relate his domains of expertise/power to the Zygon's capabilities.
    Last edited by TheStagesmith; 2008-06-10 at 10:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Turn 6.5 (toward the end)

Manifesting second avatar (maximal size - large)
    Area: in the middle of the group closest to the place where Forneus first visited

A fiery comet with a smoky tail composed of tentacles on the back appears right at the sleeping group Forneus first visited. It is in the middle of the night, roughly equivalent to what 3AM would be.

OOC: avatar is equipped with a Sume javelin, Wand of wind wall and Symbol of fire mastery. The symbol is in use hence not recognizable, the wand and javelin are wielded with the tentacles.

Without uttering a sound, the avatar charges inside the group and starts stabbing indiscriminately. The tactic is simple: The avatar stretches its tentacles to hold and choke all it can reach while stabbing them with the javelin. The aim is to take as many out of commission so a torso stab is rather sufficient and the avatar does not stay to finish off its victims.
    The comet relies on speed and toughness to dodge and absorb as many attacks as possible while cutting deep inside tighter groups of creatures. The point is that they can't use thrown/area skills without significant risk of harming those who are on the other side of the avatar.

OOC: yes, I wanted to do this about 3 turns ago but missing players didn't make it possible. Hopefully we can pull it off this time
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-06-10 at 02:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

The Zygon 6.2 Awlruts the Zytan

Even though the Zytan had known the appearance of Awlruts for a while now, they were still startled to see the flurry of rose petals; though many were a little worried both at the validity of her appearance and the seriousness she seemed to hold. “Is something wrong?” Asked Victoria immediately moving to greet her mother, Karr only a few short steps behind her; both wearing concerned looks. “Did something happen?” Asked Karr after a moment, many other Zygon seemed fairly concerned too.

The Zygon 6.2 Ark Polyxena

Polyxena seemed to rather enjoy the special attention she garnered from Ark, though listened carefully to what he said, she also started to show some of her own signs of affection. “I will do what I can. There are a lot of Zygon, but I will do what I can.” The affectionate blue eyes tells him seeming somewhat lost in the affections she had been receiving and seeming to crave more.

The Zygon 6.3 Ark the Zytan

Victoria is a striking black furred Felidae, almost a panther like pattern ran across her body; she seems rather proud to have Awlruts as a mother, though to her it seems like a child looking up to their parent rather then it being significant in any other way. She explains that black eyed Zygon are often blind and because their eyes don’t glow like other Zygon’s they are unable to take the role of leader. Though, to the feisty young Felidae, she doesn’t consider it a problem, she can see and is extremely talented with the elements; along with a healthy amount of pride to keep her spirits high and constantly working on her skills.

The Zygon 6.6 Ark Others

The Zygon who neighbored Polyxena’s and Vanka’s group was edgy, extremely edgy for some reason; they were lead by a young red eyed male Canidae named Anil; even he seemed on edge. “I have heard of your, Ark. Vanka and Polyxena speak good of you. But something is wrong. We did not meet with others.” He states to explain the edginess of the group, however he further explains that they were supposed to meet up with another group of Zygon, but they were not present and he does not know why they were not there.

The Zygon 6.5 Kirkael

Several of the Zygon were confused by his lack of response to the axe landing in his chest, though they dismissed it since it was not the first time they had heard of a being withstanding a mildly tossed axe. “We know; fire helps us. What do you mean by light?” Asks the same female Canidae who spoke before, though it was a somewhat casual tone the Zygon still kept their shields and spears at the ready. “I am the leader.” Answers the female Canidae red eye.

The Zygon 6.5 Forneus

The great comet starts takes many of the Zygon by surprise. The Night-watch keeping track of the herd notice the incoming comet. At first they try to extinguish the fire, then they try to deflect it with air and earth, however with it's path un-impeded, the comet quickly reaches the group, the night-watch now calling at the top of their lungs to the other Zygon, attempting to wake them before the impact. Their yells are heard, but the cost is their lives. The Zygon who were sleaping awaken and grab their primitive weapons and shields, preparing to fight off whatever it is that is now threatening their familes. They try to form the Phalanxes that they have heard of, however this strange creatures tactics seem to use their clumping against them, with it moving from small group to group killing indiscriminately as it passes. Many of it's attacks are careless, bouncing off of shields, however many also strike true, cutting through flesh and bone leaving great holes in the poor Zygon caught in it's path. Eventually, the Zygon manage to take it down, with one final volley of attacks from their stone spears, the great comet erupts in a ball of flame, once again being banished back to the world from whence it came. As the Zygon survey their camp, huffing from exhaustion both mental and physical, they find that over half of their group has been slain, 22 Zygon lie motionless, and 3 more rolling around in pain, with little life left in them.

Many of the Zygon mourned the losses that the firry creature had inflicted, some taking trinkets that belonged to loved ones and comrade; though it was interrupted by a blue eyes. “We need to move. We can not care for the hurt here.” Declared the blue eyed Canidae female, her fur still wet with tears and blood; with that they slowly picked up and started move towards two other groups meeting place, their heavy and thick furred herd helping to carry the wounded that couldn’t walk while bodies burned in the distance. The groups that had met for a usual meet called out as they saw the others approaching, there was a pause as the leaders reached the lead of the group. “There is a problem.” The blue eyes stated before beginning to tell them what had occurred.

There seems to have been more then a few Zygon that had heard of several unusual creatures, smoke one, Ark, and Awlruts being the primary ones, but smoke one didn’t seem to have a good reputation among the Zygon. Oddly the Zygon seem to have held the information that they learned from others pretty well, though a few things from old have become distorted since the higher advancement of the language. Oddly there aren’t many animals with a pack mentality, though one of the only ones are oddly large predator lizards. They have very sharp teeth and mostly move on all fours but seem able to move on their hind legs as almost a stumble forward making them pretty fast; while their colorations seem to match the light earthy and plant tones of the plains. Compared to a Zygon the lizards seem to come up to about the knee at the shoulder, but a few of the larger ones seem to almost be up to the hip of a Zygon. The next in line to be leader appears to be a timid blue eyed Canidae female named Louhi, though she does seem more then willing to defend others and stand up for herself if pushed.

13. - Top - End - #133

Ark 6.6

As the Zygon are edgy, Ark watches them all carefully. What exactly is wrong? It couldn't be my presence, now, would it? When the Zygon speak of the meeting that didn't come to pass, Ark raises two surprised eyebrows.

"If they have not come, then something has prevented them from participating. I need one Zygon as a guide for me. He or she may rest upon my shoulders as I go find the others and what might be wrong."

he pauses.

"Do not fear, as long as I am breathing, no harm will come to the Zygon in my charge and they may go home whenever the situation calls for it."

After acquiring a guide, or at least directions if none of them want to help him at all:

"Now then, let us go first to the meeting place and then to their territory."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-10 at 10:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 6.0 (response to felidae )

((ooc: i'm assuming Tirus has learned some of what the zygon can do with the elements in his short travel with them. If i need to change that please let me know.))

Tirus pulls out his chisel “ here this is how I made these stones.” he picks up a rock and forms it into a circler shape with a smaller circle in the middle forming a wheel. Of coarse he leaves a crude picture mark of himself on the side of it. “ you see I have the tools to form rock into the shape I need. I have crafted these tools to make my work easy. May I start teaching you how to build structures by starting off with this shape.” holding up the newly crafted wheel. “ You will need to know how to form each rock before you can form them into one like I have. Can you remake this shape?” He pauses and waits to see what they do.

If they can make it he then shows them how to use the wheel, how it rolls and how to use it for a cart. “ with this your travels will be easier on yourself and allow you to bring material next time so we would have enough to construct your own huts if you want. This shape will be the building blocks for construction.” Tirus (casts model) leaves a rock in the form of the lego type rock he used to construct his building. “ Please I ask of you to show all Zygon how I can show them ways to live easier lives. How I can help them. I will return here again ready to teach any who wish to learn how to build there own structures. for shelter and safety.”
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

primary avatar, usual equipment
    end of Turn 6.5 (the morning after the attack)

Forneus materializes a bit away from the group and not waiting for the other three to arrive yells out. I am Forneus, master of the elements. I have come to kill the beast that attacked. Where is it?
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-06-11 at 12:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek spends the remaining time attempting to tame the lizard creatures (and avoiding getting eaten by them, if something goes wrong). While they might not be suitable to looking after herds yet, they should be able to help with hunting and guarding. If successful Tek teaches this skill to Zygon, but only if he is confident the lizards can be safely controlled and won’t turn on their masters without reason.

(Domination isn’t directly about taming animals, but there is some overlap)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, end of 6.5
    (Sorry for posting late, but I had trouble figuring out where Forneus was going.
    To Chrono: Yes, there is a reason I know where you are.)
    Some slight distance away from where Forneus manifested, a chill shoots through the air. With the sound of cracking ice, a creature that had come before the Zygon once returns again. Ikeklos arrives as Ikeklos.

Ikeklos stands by, watching Forneus and whatever compatriots he may have, but mostly Forneus. If prompted on why it is here by Forneus:

"Greetings, Impatient-One. I am not here to start a ruckus. I realize that I may have, as you said, misinterpreted your intentions. As such, I do not wish to condemn you without reason, or at all if your intent is truly only to help. As such, I have come to watch your actions. If they are within reason, you will have no quarrel with me. I only wish to know the truth; I agree that my words as of late may have been... needlessly Inflammatory."

Inflammatory, it thinks, staring at the smoky Immortal. For some reason, it is amused.

However, on all other questions, it is silent. It merely watches... waiting.
    Last edited by Altairius; 2008-06-11 at 08:58 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus is just done shouting when Ikeklos appears. We're the good guys here. Saving the Zygon is the priority unless they attack us for no reason... Though I have a feeling that we might have been too late.

OOC: assuming that there are obvious traces of the fight, but are all the Zygon gone by the morning?

19. - Top - End - #139

Awlruts, 6.6 The Attack Group

A tornado of rose petals erupts from the plains picking up dust and pebbles behind Forneus it grew in size and power, quickly it rose up, and up to six feet in height, then suddenley the rose petals erupt outwards covering the surrounding area to reveal the Avatar of Awlruts. Turning to see Ikeklos, then back to Forneus "Two against one. I like those odds." while she did not know his plan, she could guess, an attack the previous night and now he has come to slay it. If she was wrong she'd have to apologise to him later, but for now she picked up a large rock in one hand and held it there. "So Forneus, what's the plan now?" She gave special tone to her words, mocking him, eticeing his anger.

OOC: You Ninja!
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-11 at 10:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Wrap-up <<OOC: I actually thought we had another day or so for this turn, so I apologize if there are a few too many generalities in this post; I'm still gettting the hang of the time warp thing>>

Kirkael pauses long enough to explain light, "Light is... brightness. That thing I showed you earlier, that was light. Everything you see, you see because of light. Without light, nothing could exist. In some ways, light is an equal, concentrated mixture of all the elements." He points to the sun in the sky, "That is light, as well. But I am not like the light in the sky, only present for a short time. I am eternal. Nothing can extinguish me."
    Thereupon he continues investigating the Zygon's abilities. Assuming that he finds out about their elemental abilities, he is specifically interested if they can see how elements are distributed. If they can, he tries to see if living things have a different mixture of elements within them than flora and terra, so that the Zygon can see hidden creatures. Kirkael also tries to see if, through a mixture of their elements, he can get the Zygon to produce light. He's a fairly patient teacher, but any failure is soundly chastised.

After a good while (perhaps a week) working with the Zygon, he finally stands up (he's been sitting down this entire time). Kirkael looks around, and says, "Now, before I go, there is something important I must teach you. Whenever you see me and whenever I depart, you must kneel before me, like this." He demonstrates the proper kneeling position. "You must also kneel whenever I tell you to. Now kneel! I will tell you when you may rise. This is a sign of respect, that you appreciate what I have done for you, and that you accept me as your figurehead. I will return, and then I will bring with me more knowledge, and more power. When I am gone, think of me whenever you see the light in the sky rise from the horizon, and be sure to practice what I've taught you." After this speech Kirkael shoulders his hammer and strides quickly off into the sunset. He waits until he is silouhetted by the sunset, then pauses and dematerializes.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 7.2

Sedha appears before some of the Zygon that she had appeared to before to help heal them.

"Greetings, Zygon. I am Sedha. I did not explain very well the creature I showed to you the last time you saw me. There are many creatures in the world other than Zygon, and some are smart like Zygon. What I showed you was another smart creature. Do you want to know more about the other smart creatures?

22. - Top - End - #142

The Zygon 6.0 Tirus

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: yeah, that’s fine, being around them a lot would show that they can manipulate the elements pretty well. Also, Felidea are phsycal traits not names.

The Zygon seem a bit confused by the use of the item that he uses to craft the wheel and explained why he used it; though it seems relatively easy for them to craft the basic shape, after that they seem to take time getting it truly shaped properly. They seem to understand what he means, though they seem rather unsure of the further implications of the thing. “We will try.” Stated the Felidae before leaving.

The Zygon 6.2 Awlruts the Zytan

Awlruts: Rushing over to embrace Victoria Awlruts looked around, everyone seemed to not be dead. This was a good step in the right direction. "Not yet." She sighed heavily "But I think things will get much, much worse." again she sighed heavily, agile, long range, and more sure of himself than any other being in the universe, all these words she could describe Forneus, even he could not face a well drilled unit of troops without heavy support. "I have got some time. First I need to explain some things about the Immortals." She then goes on to describe how Immortal interact with this world, how they sent their avatar down here and that it was an extension of themselves. She then goes to explain Forneus and this new comer, "They are dangerous. They both seem to have no problem with killing, they already plan to attack another race because they defied them." This was what she worried about, how best to keep her safe. Her promise had to be kept or she wouldn't be allowed to protect her. "The best way to defend yourselfs. Is to learn, I will attempt my best. Victoria I have special lessons for you."

Zygon: Victoria embraces her mother she reaches her, but she still seems rather concerned as she listens to Awlruts talk about how the immortals worked and how they were already retaliating against others who denied them and the creature she describes. “Smoke one; that is how we know him.” Karr states after a brief description of the immortal known as Forneus, though they did not recognize the new comer; but they were glad to get the warning. Though while Karr seemed unsettled by the new of them attack others who defied them, Victoria seemed almost angered by it. “What would you like me to do?” Victoria asked with stead fast determination in her voice.

Awlruts: "Learn. Things have been set in motion that can't be undone, I must see them through to the end now. I have come to teach you how to defend yourself. Despite how much I want I can't be here all the time to protect you." She then begins to tell her as much as she knows of Forneus and the new comer, everything. She leaves nothing to guess work as she explains advanced uses for the shield and spear, how it can be used to shield her entire body from attack. One point she stresses above all, the Immortals can apear anywhere, any time, but to leave they must stand still for a great length of time, this means if they attack they will not stop untill you destroy their avatar. Her training for now conentrates on the potential of a massed spear attack, how they can augment their strength using their power over earth, they already know this but she will teach them how best to throw, plant their feet, etc to get the most out of each spear.

Zygon: Victoria nods. “I will.” She states confidently before starting to learn from her mother, she listened very carefully while Karr was etching a stone with his mana, until he was sure that he had the proper image of Forneus and then another of the new comer. Victoria was the one who brought over all the other Zygon and collected them to practice what her mother taught, each learning slowly but the daughter of war seemed almost inclined to improve her skills as she trained with the others. They all slowly improve, their stances, their styles, and their lethality; at the forefront was Victoria who quickly seemed to something of a lead with the group. Karr is right there with his skills and abilities, but it’s obvious his daughter is improving much faster then he is; though whenever they break he is sure to show the others the images of the two creatures.

Awlruts: With the Zygon learning quickly and with Victoria quickly becoming her mothers daughter she was pleased. Happy that now they could defend themselves. "Spread the teachings. Spread them as far and as well as you can." She shouts, her words taking a tone of importance. With her statement she will spend every second of her time left amoungst them to teach or do something productive, she will attempt to push Zygon limits but only as far as they are willing, her daughter on the other hand she will push as hard as she dares, making sure to test her limits. Even during this hectic time of defense she will attempt to talk to Victoria in a motherly sense, asking her how she was, if she had anyone special yet, etc, etc. When it finally comes time for her to leave she does so reminding Victoria that she loves her, and telling Karr that she will miss him.

The Zygon 6.6 Ark

One of the older red eyed Canidae females decided to travel with Ark, to show him their meeting place and further into the area that the group called their territory and after a while they found the charred remains of many Zygon. The red eyes named Caki was utterly devastated as she moved from charred skeleton to skeleton looking through the charms until she seemed to find what she was looking for and simply broke down in utter despair. Caki had found her daughter; a puncture wound through the ribcage and the split shield told the story of what happened, many other skeletons had similar wounds to the skeleton.

The Zygon 6.5 Forneus, Ikeklos, Awlruts

The Zygon had moved from the moment the ambush was done were now long since gone, only the charred remains of the dead Zygon remained; something of a burial ritual but other then that no trace of the Zygon remained.

The Zygon 6.5 Kirkael

The Zygon seem rather skeptical of his explanation that he was more eternal then the sun; though they listened to his questions and answer as many as they can; though they are at best mildly able to ‘sense’ the elements in creatures and plants, but manipulation is totally out of their abilities. They are also unable to create light other then that of fires; it seems outside their abilities, though many try none react well to his chastising; some more hostilely then others. By the end of the time he’s there most do not like his company what so ever; and when he explains bowing and tells them too, hardly a quarter of them actually do it, all who are seem to do it just to be rid of him. Most stand defiantly, some more hostile then others; many red eyes holding shield and spears ready; it is obvious they do not hold a fondness for him.

The lizards seem problematic at best; though some progress is made, it is obvious that these creatures would need more attention and working with before they would even be suitable controllable attack animals. Oddly the Zygon seem rather unsettled by the hostility of the lizards, that even at best would only let a Zygon within a few feet of it before hostily snapping at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: it has been agreed upon that domination domain is good enough to teach animal training/domestication to an extent; no getting a race to take in fluffy bunnies as lap pets or keep farmed animals.

The Zygon 7.0 turn 7 update

The Zygon seem rather unnerved by the death of half a group, many of the neighboring groups having lost family members in the occurrence; one of these groups being the Zytan and one of those lost was Karr’s younger brother. Starting with the Zytan and the two groups present word spreads quickly of several things, how to construct basic stone buildings and the other being how groups should unite and come together. There is also a Zygon that has many words spoken of, Victoria from the time she had heard of the group being struck so hard had spoken out strongly how they should unite and come together. Even the Zygon leaders present did not enjoy the idea of having that many Zygon be in one area and in that kind of contact with one another; they claimed problems would arise from this, and questioned who would be leader.

“We can not have that many Zygon in one place!” The red eyed Canidae male named Tyke shouted. “Half the Zygon who fought died!” Shouted Victoria. “Who would lead that many? My group is almost too big as is. Many have talked of starting a new group.” Questioned the brown eyed Felidae male named Set who lead the Zytan officially. “Even your leader doubts, dark eyed one!” Spat Tyke with a gesture to Set, Victoria glared at him. “She has as much right to speak as you, Tyke.” Stated the blue eyed Felidae female named Xanthe who now lead the remained of the attacked group. “Her eyes are black, she is no leader! What right does she have to tell us what to do?” Demanded a rather angry Tyke, Victoria glared at the defiant leader gripping her spear tightly; though Set moved his hand in front of her. “She is part of my group. She can say what she thinks. I can say what she says again if you want a leader to say it.” Stated Set rather diplomatically though with almost a mocking tone, Tyke glares at him for a moment before sighing. “Fine, what you say dark one?” Tyke asks sounding almost upset, Victoria almost smirked with the victory that Set had given her, but to her this was nothing to smirk at. “There is not one leader. But many leaders. All have the same say. All the Zygon together will be better then just a group.” Victoria explains; they all seem to think about it for a while. “It could work.” Tyke states finally.

Word spread quickly, and cities began to come together; each lead by a council of leaders, all the brightest eyed of each of the Zygon groups that moved together to be a group. There are seven cities, each with slightly over a hundred Zygon; each lead by anywhere from three to eight leaders. The Zytan became part of the city known as Tisiphone, which is lead by five leaders; and while Victoria isn’t one of them, she is often present for the meetings.

The Zygon 7.2 Sedha

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: since you posted before finding out that the Zygon started generating cities I’ll let you rework your post or leave it as is and I’ll put her in the city that those groups got put into. PM me your decision either way.

The Zygon 7.5 – 7.9 The Storm of Storms

Many of the Zygon have started to build houses made of stone and earth, but they are not entirely safe from the winds and rain that is washing across their cities; many of them do what they can to shelter their homes from the worst parts of the storm. However it is too difficult for them to keep up for as long as the storm continues, many call out to those who have protected them before or even just heard of protecting others.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-12 at 05:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Ark 7.1, Polyxena

When he visits Polyxena, she now lives in one of the big cities (most likely). With amazement on how the Zygon progressed this much in so little time, he asks her to give him a tour, marveling at their progress.

When they are done, Ades resumes where he had left off with the female Zygon, curious and straightforward as he pets and strokes her. He smiles to her and will, after the brief tour of the city, lead her to the outskirts.

Ark: As soon as Ades and Polyxena have finished inspecting and talking with the Zygon about herds and how they should care for them, he mentions to them he will send Akam, another of Ark's great powers to teach them on how to grow things for the animals. Excusing himself and Polyxena, he leads her for a walk in the outskirts of the city to get an exterior view. When their gazes meet, he smiles to her warmly.

Zygon: Polyxena was happy that she had so much pull with Ades, and more importantly to her Ark; she listened attentively as he spoke to her and the other Zygon as they inspected animals before they came out to look at the city. It was still mostly made up of small, weak stone structures, but they were still unusual for her to see; when her gaze caught his, she held for a moment before looking away, mildly intimidated, but still seeming rather happy. She hesitated a moment before leaning up against him. “I stay with you Ark.” She tells him quietly pressing slightly closer.

Ark: Ark breathes deeply. He looks up at the clouds and rests, lying down. He wonders why he had waited so long. He smiles to Polyxena and leans over her, protective, maybe slightly possessive. "I will come back with Akam. And I will protect you." He says gently.

Zygon: The Felidae lay happily half on the grass, half on the unusual creature she enjoyed so much; the sun warming her fur in contrast to the cool breeze that drifted mildly from the north. She looked in the direction wind, in the far distance there was the flickers of a storm; a darkness on the horizon, but she figured it was still a long ways away so she settled herself into a slightly more comfortable position. “Will you stay this time?” She asked the unusual creature calmly, as if she already knew the answer to the question.

Ark: "I will stay as much as I am able, Polyxena. I will protect you from harm you and any that you wish to protect yourself." He pauses, looking towards the storm, frowning ever so slightly. "I will come back before this storm comes, Polyxena. And I will shield you. You are important to me." He sighs, his green eyes gazing on the horizon, resting a hand on her back. "I am a god. But I cannot and will not forget or leave you. I will be there when need is dire."

"So how goes the priesthood, Polyxena?"

Ades will generally try to figure out how he can help her and encourage her some more if she needs any. He mentions sending Akam to support her and the city later on. For now, he simply lies back and enjoys time with Polyxena as much as possible, accompanying her to meetings with other Zygon that know not of him, or haven't seen him and demonstrates his powers over local herds by using two charges of "Conceive, Lesser (Animal)"
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-14 at 08:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 7.2

Sedha appears inside the Zygon city, seeking the some of the Zygon that she had previously met, either through showing them healing, or by showing them the Karksh's corpse.

"Greetings, Zygon. I am Sedha. I did not explain very well the creature I showed to you the last time you saw me. There are many creatures in the world other than Zygon, and some are smart like Zygon. What I showed you was another smart creature. Do you want to know more about the other smart creatures?

25. - Top - End - #145

Awlruts, 7.5 Tisiphone

A tornado of rose petals erupts from the plains picking up dust and pebbles outside the main entrance of Tisiphone, it grew in size and power, quickly it rose up, and up to six feet in height, then suddenly the rose petals erupt outwards covering the surrounding area to reveal the Avatar of Awlruts. With her materialisation finished Awlruts looked up at the storm. "That looks alot bigger then it did in my scrying pool." Breathing in slowly she sighed, this storm was going to do a real number on this place. An outer wall would help, divert some of the wind. She looked up at the buildings themselves, the roofs looked like they won't stand up to much. This is going to be a long day, and with that she began to move with purpose to find Victoria.

26. - Top - End - #146

The Zygon 7.1 Ark Polyxena, city of Natan

The city is rather large, but he is fairly easily able to fine Polyxena; though in reality it’s more like she finds him as his appearance causes a small disturbance and a bit of a ruckus in the larger community. She is more then happy to give him a tour of the city, though things are still rather disorganized and still seemed rather segregated into which group settled where. However there seemed to be a nice bit of progression being made, though they seem to be hammering out the details as they go along rather then have it really planned; but there is a meeting building at the center of the city that was built to house meetings of the leaders.

Polyxena of course loves the affections she receives from the unusual creature she had known for a long while now. “Several come to me when they have preys for you, but many still prefer to do it themselves.” She explains when he asks about the priesthood. Though, as Ades moves with her as she talks to the other Zygon about Ark, they seem a little more convinced and most are rather impressed with his displays when they move to one of the herds.

The Zygon 7.2 Sedha, city of Zosimus

Several of the Zygon groups she had talked to had come together to create the city of Zosimus; though many of the Zygon did not recognize her at first, but the ones that did moved closer. “We do not know the other creatures. What was it?” One of the white eyed Felidae females asked curiously.

The Zygon 7.5 Awlruts, city of Tisiphone

The Zygon looked on in interest at the being who appeared out of a torrent of red; this had been the first time several of the Zygon had seen the unusual creature, but several others seemed to recognize her and helped guide her towards the meeting building. Victoria was just stepping out of the stone structure when she caught sight of Awlruts and immediately started to move towards her. “Mother, what are you doing here?” She asked when she reached her before greeting the odd being with a hug.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 2.5

Tek arrives with Primary Avatar, same size as before, wearing Mask of Benevolence.

He is astounded with the scale of change Zygon are going through. He searches for the Hos’es tribe to bring them important message.

A storm is coming. A never ending cover of clouds will seal the sky and rain will pour endlessly. You must prepare for this by making food reserves and building shelter on high places, so water would run down and wouldn’t flood them. You must warn other Zygon. There is still time, the storm wouldn’t come here in the near time, approximately (Tek gives his estimate), but you must be ready when it comes.

Spoiler
    Show

I’m not too clear how much time one turn represents in game and Tek lacks any knowledge of weather beyond fourth grade, but he gives a rough estimate of the Storm’s arrival, using information from scrying pool and some guessing.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-06-13 at 04:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 7.5 wrap-up and 8-10 autopilot

Sedha explains everything that she knows about the Karksh to the Zygon, stressing the fact that they are intelligent beings as well, and have lives just as valuable as the Zygon.

In turn 8.5-8.8, Sedha observes the Zygon, making her presence known, and healing all the injured creatures she encounters, to the limit of her abilities. ((3 ranks healing))

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 7.6
    (Theres a lot of "if" statements in this one, a result of internet connection problems, so I have to do this all at the end. I apologize ahead of time for whoever has to slog through this one...)

Ikeklos appears to the Zygon, introducing itself.
    "Greetings, Element-Movers. I am Ikeklos. I come before your people once more, for I have heard your pleas. What is the trouble?"

Assuming the Zygon don't axe it on general principle, it attempts to help them in whatever way it can. This can take a couple forms, depending on circumstances...

1) Ikeklos looks at the structures created by the Zygon. If they suffer from poor construction(as far as Ikeklos knows, and this will largely be if they feature weak walls that, feature hastily constructed stones. Ikeklos learned a little bit about the walls of the Niddog this turn, if it helps any), it has one idea... that by using larger, shaped stones, they might be able to get a more resistant structure (By shaping rectangular stones, and fitting them together). But in order to do that, there's a multi step process...

Earth movers need to move soil to find rock bed.
    Ikeklos knows about breaking apart stone by pouring cold water on hot stone. As such, it calls on the Fire Movers to heat a line on the stone, by placing the right fuel and fueling the flames, which the Air-movers could help with as well. Then, it could call for the water movers to collect some water. By using its ice-making skills, it can cool the water, and pour it on the heated stone, cracking it. This should weaken it, allowing the Element movers a better chance to break it apart with whatever tools they have, while Ikeklos assists with its claws. By making regular lines, it should be easier to dig out chunks properly shaped chunks of stone.

2) If this is not the problem, Ikeklos could assist the Zygon in preserving homes that are breaking apart, so that they can repair them. By using its Ice-Making skills, and what water is available, it can create temporary patches and supports by simply pouring water on the affected area and freezing it. While not a permanent solution, it could help to some degree.

3) If even this doesn't help much, Ikeklos will not be deterred, and attempts to help using its brawn alone. By having strength 4 and being large size, Ikeklos should be able to drive posts deeper, pack dirt tighter, etc.

If Ikeklos can actually help, it will stay with the Zygon as long as they have a problem with the storms. In the down time, it will take time to try to teach them the ability to do more with Endothermic reactions than just put out fires. If they can cool fires to nothing, the potential for other things is there, they just need the incentive to capitalize on it.

In addition, if they are receptive, Ikeklos attempts to re-teach the nature of it's First Great Truth: About how waste will harm, and by sharing all resources as a community, they can avoid waste.

30. - Top - End - #150

The Zygon 6.2 Awlruts, city of Tisiphone

Awlruts: Hugging her daughter Awlruts turned her head up to look at the approaching vortex. Turning back now to Victoria she looked her in the eye, "Because of that!" she exclaimed as she pointed towards the incoming storm. "We haven't got much time. First, who rules here?" Her features became hard as she spoke, a hard face for hard times

Zygon: Victoria looked up at the incoming storm when Awlruts did; there were already strong winds whipping through the city, the beginning of the rain had started to fall. The black Felidae seemed fairly concerned about the clouds herself, though she nodded to the odd creature when she told her the reason for appearing. “The meeting just got done. We could easily get the leaders back here though.” Victoria explains after a moment, she seemed mildly surpised at the hardness her mother showed, but seemed to hold something of a professionalism herself.

Awlruts: "That's good I suppose. So how did it go? What are they going to do?" She spoke these words are she seemed to stroll around in a casual manner. Feeling the rain on her skin and looking at the roofs of the houses. Most Zygon will hide in their houses, and be crushed inside them. "Although I don't expect much. I expect they don't let you or at least dislike your involvement." She sighed slowly, letting the cool air seep into her. Damn bias, if I can I should make an example of how stupid it is.

Zygon: Victoria moved with Awlruts doing her best to prevent the water from hitting either of them too much, she sighed and shook her head when she asked how it went. “They are going to try and get as many Zygon into as few of structures as possible. Then set watches to help keep things up and keep as much wind and water out.” She told her mother sounding rather unimpressed with the idea herself, though she looked up at the sky for a few moments before answering the second question. “Most of the leaders don’t like me being there. But Set lets me in anyway and repeats what I say when the others do not listen to me.” She explains, Set had been a very valuable ally to Victoria, where she was unable to become leader, Set made sure her ideas were heard.

Awlruts: "I thought so. At least Set seems nice." A very coy smile begins to cross her face, "So who is this Set?" although now may not be the time and place for it, the mood might be lightened if she can get her to think of something else. She was confident that Victoria would make it through, but the other Zygon. She wasn't so sure of. "I think it would be best if I had words with the leaders. I would also very much like to get to know this Set." Her first sentence was said with reluctence, the second with that coy smile playing across her face.

Zygon: The dark eyes of Victoria glanced at her mother for the coy words and expression she held before shaking her head. “I am not taking Set as my mate.” She states rather forwardly. “He is the leader of the Zytan. Set is rather nice, he is pretty confident. He thinks things through.” She begins to explain though seems to pause in thought as she glanced around. “But I don’t think he would be enough for me.” She states when they are not real close to anyone else with something of a smirk. “Besides he already has a mate.” She tells her rather casually. “Though, we could get the leaders together to talk to you later.” Victoria explains in a more serious tone.

Awlruts: "Really?" Again she sighed, "I guess this really isn't the time for me to pester you for a grandchild." Her head dropped in a mock dramatic fashion, then giveing her daughter a mock frown "I'll never have any grandchildren at this rate!" then turning to a more serious face she spoke again, "That would be best. Just out of curiosity, what would you suggest?"

Zygon: Victoria laughed a little at Awlruts dramatic acceptance that she wasn’t taking a mate just yet. “Some day, mother. Some day.” She states almost as ominously as Awlruts was dramatic before smirking happily, though she sighs when she’s asked what she’d do. “I would get as many Zygon as I could into several buildings with some of the herd.” She explains before shivering and looking back at the ominous cloud cover. “I get the feeling this storm will last longer then a few days.” She states before turning back to look where she’s going.

Awlruts: "Yes. The storm is larger than it seems." Thinking it best to not reveal the true scope of the storm, it's not like she or any of the Zygon could do anything more then worry about it. With that she will move to the center and sit down, perhaps finding a large rock to use a seat if possible. "I think we can't delay. I will wait here." She then falls silent for a moment, then just before Vicoria leaves she speaks up, "Vicotira. No matter what happens..." trailing off before she finished but looking her in the eye, her look saying more then she could say.

Zygon: Victoria pauses when her mother calls after her and looks back. “I will be fine. It takes more then a little storm to stop me.” She states confidently before moving off to collect the Zygon leaders. “We just had a meeting. Why are we doing another?” Demands Tyke while taken his place in the meeting building; even though he was one of the first to arrive he was almost always the first to lose his patience. The others took their spots respectively; the meeting building was one of the best built buildings in the entire city, which didn’t say much considering how new the Zygon were to building structures.

Awlruts: Moving inside the building after all had taken their seats. She will begin by looking around the room, when she has a good idea of who is who (in the sense of personality via tell tale signs) she will move to a central position and ensure everyone can see and hear her. "I assume you all know of the storm. I also assume you don't know the full extent of its size. It covers an area so massive that in a matter of days it will cover your enitre world." if it is needed she will let this sink in a moment, she is sure that some will not believe her, and she is ready.

Zygon: Several of the leaders are a little surprised to actually see Awlruts, all had heard of her; though most passed her off as a story, though they listened to her as she spoke, though one seemed rather skeptical a red eyed Candiae female named Aphrodisia. “If the storm is as big as you say, what do you expect us to do about it?” Questioned Aphrodisia. “We could move out of the path of the storm.” Suggested the blue eyed Xanthe after a moment. “We have already started our city here. Should we be so quick to leave it?” Asked Set in response to the suggestion.

Awlruts: "Nothing. You can do nothing about the storm itself. However from what I've heard somebody hit on a good idea. Keep everyone in as few buildings as possible, less buildings to worry about the more concentrated your efforts will be. But." She ends her words at but allowing herself to enjoy the surpise. This is what she needed to be, enigmatic. Something they all should know about and be in awe about. "The storm will last alot longer. Months maybe. You'll need to keep the herds with you for food or you'll all die of starvation." This last part is bound to worry a number of Zygon, but she needed to do more then help. She needed to make sure they didn't ignore good advice ever again. She will move around, acting carefree, as if the storm was nothing before stoping dead in her tracks to await their responce. Stone faced, stone willed.

Zygon: The Zygon seemed rather unnerved by how long she suggested how long the storm will last, though Victoria and Set seemed to have only had their concerns confirmed. “We will need to separate the Zygon into the largest buildings.” Stated a white eyed female Felidae named Raziela. “Should would we use this one as the main building?” Asked Victoria who had been leaning up against the wall from the beginning. “It is a big building, easy to get many Zygon in here.” Set agreed, the others seemed to debate it though while none spoke in disagreement, Aphrodisia seemed rather upset as to where the suggestion came from.

Awlruts: Turning her body and gaze towards Aphrodisia quickly she moved a few steps towards her. Her eyes never leaving her, drilling her into place with her stare, it was very clear what caused this movement and that stare. Although she would have in a normal situation moved over grabbed her by the neck and squeezed untill a light crack was heard, her killing intent was enough to be known. Turning back round away from the red eyed Zygon and back to the group as a whole she spoke, "Very good Victoria. I will stay here then with the main group of Zygon as shall you. There is little time, I suggest you put this into action." With that she will wait till all the Zygon are gone and then confront Victoria.

Zygon: Aphrodisia seemed rather intimidated by the threatening stare that Awlruts gave her, but after a moment she seemed to realize her surroundings at returned a definite glare; the others seemed rather a little surprised at the reaction, even Victoria seemed posed to move to stop her mother should something happen. Though the tension in the room eased when Awlruts moved away from the red eyed leader; they all listened to her words of praise for the dark eyed Zygon, before they all got up to go inform the other Zygon to spread word of their plans. “Good thing you did not kill Aphrodisia. She might not like me being at the meetings, but she is still a leader.” Victoria stated almost relieved once the other Zygon were gone.

Awlruts: Growling for a moment at she looked at where Aphrodisia had sat before, turning back to her daughter she stared at her, "They treat you like this all the time?" these weren't so much words as growls of a bear that issued forth from her mouth. With her target of hate gone and with Victoria infront of her she interalised her anger. "We should start. It's going to be a very long day."

Spoiler
    Show
    I’ll let you post the final wrap up, or edit into this post myself should I wake up with enough time.

The Zygon 7.5 Tek Hos’s group, city of Madhavi

It took a little while of searching before Tek found the group that belonged to Hos, but unfortunately the stout brown eye had passed on; his age catching up to him long before Tek had arrived. The rain was already starting to come down, the wind was already whipping though the city; many of the Zygon had started to close up windows in their hovels. Though, when Tek speaks with the Zygon that had known him before the city was constructed, they seemed to already know that the storm is upon them; even if they were on the fringes, there is no questioning that the storm had already struck.

The Zygon 7.5 Sedha, city of Zosimus

The Zygon listen to her tell of the other creatures, namely the Karksh; though they seem to find it rather odd that such creatures exist and are thinking just like they are. For the moment it seems to be too foreign of an idea for them to really go on.

The Zygon 7.6 Ikeklos, city of Myron

The Zygon seem opt to listen to the creature, though many have trouble because of the difficult storm that is well underway of besieging their city and the entire world around them for miles. The walls of the Zygon shacks seem moderately stable, but they also seem like they had no time to really prefect the skill of crafting them either; however because of the power of the storm the Zygon are unable to do outer repairs. Though, the Zygon are very appreciative of the icy creature’s assistance in preserving their homes while they fix them just enough to remain stable in the high winds and down pour. The icy creature has much greater ease in driving the stone posts and packing dirt closer until the Zygon can seal the gaps properly.

The Zygon that reside in the city of Myron are very grateful for the assistance that the icy creature provides them throughout the turn; it is sure that many huts would have collapsed on themselves and possibly on those that resided inside. Many in their spare time listen to the large creatures words best they can about not wasting, and sharing as a community.

The Zygon 8.0 Turn 8 update

The Zygon weathered the extreme storm with almost constant maintenance to their huts and strong leadership that each of the respective leaders provided for their groups and their cities. It was also becoming mildly apparent that there were those among the Zygon with a superior talent with the elements as well as most other aspects; however to the Zygon it was unsurprising that most of these were already leaders in their communities. Though, throughout the storm with the constant reconstruction of their huts, the Zygon had learned how to better craft them and how to better build them; a trial by fire in a sense, but in this trial the Zygon had come away with more then just their lives and success.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-15 at 08:42 PM.