New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Karksh

Turn 5.05, 5.3, and 5.8ish, The Karksh

Ardannis and Ikeklos

The Karksh eat up any information they can about the other races. The young Karksh especially seem to enjoy Ardannis' method of teaching, as they weren't around and don't feel what their elders believe is the proper deference to Ikeklos, even if they can see him and his barnacle-encrusted form. There aren't any more questions, simply because the Karksh don't know what to ask.

Tek

The Karksh still appear openly skeptical of Tek's proclamation as he leaves, especially Grrg.

Sedha

Thhshish responds with a happy, "Alright Sedha!"

Fip, a little later, begins to think to the rest of the colony, her voice seeming to travel very far for a Karksh.

"My fellow Karksh. My friends. I fear that in not too much longer, very soon in fact, I will be Disappearing from your sight. My only regret is that I cannot stay to see what a wonderful future the Karksh have in store for them. I wished to be around when we first moved out of the not-life, but it seems my time will come before then. As such, I plan to go ahead to scout the way. Sedha has offered to carry me, once I've Disappeared, and take me to visit all the other thinking races, so that they may know of us. I know! I know, it seems odd, but it is how I wish to make my final contribution to the Karksh. I am going to leave now, and I thank you all. Fwush? Never stop believing that you are special. Thhshish, be their guide, for you were the one with the first Eye. And to all the other exceptional Karksh out there, never stop pushing yourselves. We have fields we must learn to plant, shapes that we must learn to make, minds that need to be able to reach Karksh anywhere. It is up to you all now. Goodbye."

The Karksh are saddened as Fip leaves, sliding away and around a corner in the valley so none could see her. Fip then calls to Sedha.

"Thank you Sedha. You've always been a reliable Other. Thank you for helping us." The lights twinkling inside her begin to grow dim.

"I only wish I could have told Fasha how I felt about him. Heh, his schemes, his ideas. They were so...wonderful..." They continue to grow dimmer and dimmer.

"Sedha...what happens to life...when it becomes not-life? Heh, no matter. I will...find out. Heh...maybe then I...can teach -you-..."

And with that, Fip's body grows dark.
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-06-07 at 06:46 PM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Turn 5.07

Ardannis smiles happily at the lack of questions. Turning to Iklekos, he says Well, that's about all I know for now. I should be going soon - I'm sure you have much to teach, and I need to visit some other races and gauge how interested they may be in such a journey. If I have the time, I'll seek out an Immortal who may be able to bridge the last short distance from water's edge to here once any travelers arrive. Do you know how close the Karksh can get to the water's edge, and whether other races can hear their communication?

Spoiler
    Show
    We can continue talking, but I'm going to add in the next visit I make, as the turn's beginning to wind down

Turn 5.3

Ardannis appears briefly, with good news to report. Some of the Niddog have shown interest in visiting. They live far away, but hopefully not too far - perhaps six or seven tendays of travel. I have other business to attend to before I can begin the journey with them, but I wished to check on matters here to see how they fared. My best estimate would be slightly over ten tendays until these Niddog arrive, if nothing else goes ill.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tumine Barok, turn 5.2-5.3
    Exodus Colony

Tumine spends the remainder of this time assisting Iklekos, especially with swimming and with being comfortable being out of the water, but also with things like finding food and so forth. She also tells the Karksh anything they wish to know (that she knows) about the world outside the water.

To Iklekos, she asks, Are we going to introduce these Karksh to the Oque? I intend to go to them when I leave here, and look for other Oque settlements that may be nearby. The Oque that you met will, I'm sure, be willing to move downstream farther once food in their area runs short. If we do introduce the two species, do you think they'll even be able to talk to each other? They both seem to use telepathy...
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Turn 5.39

Tek arrives bearing Sphere of Recording, to the Exodus Colony.

He approaches the two Immortals, before speaking with any Karksh.

“Greetings Tumine, Iklekos. I have a minor request to ask of you. I’ve promised the Karksh, that I would help them to remain united. While my research into long-range telepathy would take a lot of time, I wanted to provide some measure of communication between the two colonies. Here is an artifact I made. It is capable of recording 1 hour of their speech. I’ll leave it here. I know that Tumine travels often between the colonies, perhaps she could bring it with her on one of her travels.”

Tek awaits response from the two Immortals.

5. - Top - End - #155

Tumine, turn 5.39
    Exodus Colony

Thank you, Tek. I will indeed bring it with me the next time I go to the other colony, once these Karksh have had a chance to record their thoughts. If you would explain its use to them, and to me, I would be glad to bring it, later, to the others and explain how it works to them.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 5.95

Sedha sees Fip's light beginning to fade. "What? Stop moving! You'll hurt yourself!" She follows Fip along, clearly worried, but at the same time realizing there is nothing she can do. As his life fades out, Sedha runs a hand lightly along his skin. "Goodbye... Fip."

She slowly reaches down and carefully lifts Fip. "Karksh, I have to take my leave. Continue working with the eye. I will take what is left of Fip to the other thinkers, and carry her message. I'm not sure how long this will take, but I will look forward to returning to you all as soon as I can, and I will give you all my . Goodbye."

Sedha walks away from the main colony, carrying Fip. As she passes by, if she tells any immortal that she encounters of her quest, and asks for them to contact Bile to have him come and find her to preserve Fip's body.

She passes by the Exodus Colony, she stops to pay the Karksh there and Ikeklos a visit, and tells them about Fip's wish. However, she also tells them about the Shadow Eye back at the main colony. "I have created a gift for the Karksh. It allows any Karksh that hold it to see not-life and Others. I wished to give you another Eye, so that you would be able to try as well, but Fip's last wish will keep me busy for quite some time. I ask you all, when you return to the Main Colony, teach them everything that you have learned with Ikeklos, and have them teach you how to use your eye."

She then turns to Ikeklos. "Ikeklos, the Karksh at the main colony still want truth regarding the murder of Fasha, and I'm not sure whether they will forgive you easily, regardless of your guilt. As long as they have the Eye, I don't believe it will happen again, however, if you haven't told the Karksh with you of this, I beg you to tell them before you return. Also, I will be carrying this body for quite a while, and will not be able to return back to the... other place to see the other gods. When you get the chance, could you try to find Bile for me, and ask him to preserve the body for me?"

After she finishes talking with Ikeklos she walks off towards the shore. She decided that the Oque were the closest to her path. She would go there first.

((Um, Fip said he wished he could have shown Fip something... do you want to edit or should I chalk it up to loss of brain functions in his last moments? and MONSTER POST OF DOOM!))

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 5.07

Although it is true that Ikeklos considers some of Ardannis' teachings to be a bit... Superfluous, it is mindful of its own teachings on the nature of making allies. After all, it has become clear that the Laugh-Traveler does not bear the Karksh ill will, and so Ikeklos bears no enmity towards him.
    Even Ikeklos feels obliged to ask Ardannis a couple questions.
    When Ardannis' time has come to a close, Ikeklos sees him off with the following discussion:
    "I thank you, Laugh-Traveller, for your time here. At this point, I am positive that the Water-Dwellers will be fine, as long as they can remain submerged, but with further training they may even go beyond that.
    As far as communication, we can but hope: but, at the very least, we can act as arbitrators.
    I look forward to seeing you again, Laugh-Traveller."

Turn 5.2
    Ikeklos welcomes Tumine with open arms, if not particularly happily. This has less to do with being unhappy, however, and more to do with being an emotionless construct of ice.

It is... Wary to hear that Awlruts is among the Karksh, and of Tumine's certainty that she has committed the crime. However, it does not react rashly.
    "It seems that, for now, with suspicions on her, and my presence here assured, it would be foolish of her to further solidify her guilt. As such, I believe them safe, for now, and if she is teaching them something worthwhile, all the better. However, I am quite appreciative of your presence: I am attempting to teach the Water-Dwellers to swim with greater agility, but I believe that is your Forte, Water-Dweller..."

Turn 5.39
    Ikeklos is buried deep in a session on the nature of sight and, hence, camouflage, when Tek arrives.
    "As I have explained before, light is the means by which deities see, as well as many species. They do so by means of organs known as "eyes", which are spherical in nature. These perceive light shining on matter. However, as the light is stopped by the first solid matter it runs into, these "eyes" can only perceive the top-most layer of matter.
    Let us take this shell, and place it on Mosp. Are you uncomfortable with this Mosp? Well, then. Mosp can feel the shell, and its solid matter, on top of her. However, she can still perceive me through it, correct? Whereas I can only see the shell, and what of Mosp sticks out under it. If she was to collect herself entirely under the shell, like so... Then I cannot see her at all.
    This strategy of survival is called "camouflage." It incorporates elements readily available to blend into your surroundings, and as such confounds light-sight, while leaving life-sight unhindered. The main problem, however, is in finding sufficient material to cover ones self with..."

It then notices Tek. After being brought up to speed, it thanks Tek.
    "Thank you. I believe that this will help immensely with communication between the two, until the two may be reunited. Now, If you'll excuse me, I'm trying to find out their natural potential for manufacturing..."

Turn 5.95

Ikeklos greets Sedha, again, with open arms. It feels reassured by the Shade-Bringer's presence.

"Quite the idea, that eye. I have been trying to reawaken any latent photosensitivity in the Truth-Seekers as well.
    As for the Truth, I have already given it, both My truth and the truth regarding the events which happened. Water-Weaver believes me. Any who saw me and my time with Chaos-Writer, as well as Chaos-Writer herself, would know this. However, the event has poisoned the truth itself: There is little that may be done, short of a confession by the guilty party, to rectify the situation. In the mean time, I have sought to give a fair representation of events to the Truth-Seekers, without bias or falsehood. I have recounted, many times, the activities which I partook in. I even postulate now that Spear-Bearer may have been mistaken and panicked, rather than maliciously and purposefully blaming me for her own purposes, but the evidence for such an eventuality is woefully thin. I can only hope, in time, that the truth will out.
    I wish you luck on your geas, Shade-Bringer. If I see Earth-Eater again, I will inform it of your purpose."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn, um, lots, The Karksh

Exodus Colony

The Karksh continue to ask questions of the outside world, but nothing they haven't in some form or another asked before. Most of them continue to work on what Ikeklos is trying to teach them, as the Others talk over them. They listen in, and many of the older ones are sad to hear of Fip's passing, as many considered her a friend.

Genesis Colony

The Karksh are saddened by Fip's passing. The Eye is passed around extensively so that the Karksh can say that they watched Fip leave.

((OOC: Edited the previous post. Fasha, it was supposed to say Fasha.))

-The True Jerian Rumple

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5 Wrap-Up, The Karksh

As time passes for the Karksh, they again begin to develop. As it is being stressed everywhere, by most Others, they as a race begin to make virtual leaps and bounds in the field of changing their shape. They are not incredibly proficient with it yet, nor very specialized, but they make some real progress. Swimming and camoflage are hard for them to undertake, as lessons cannot be seen. Still, with work, and the aid of Sedha's Eye and Ikeklos exposing them to light, it seems like they're developing rudimentary basic sight, though at the moment it only seems suited to telling light from dark, and very basic shapes. Strength is taught, but very little progress is made in it. It will take time.

Those in the Exodus colony held above water report that it isn't bad, but after only a minute or two they begin to feel very thin, and their bodies begin to shrivel. The reason for this is finally apparent. The Karksh leak. Their membranes aren't made to keep water in when the outside environment is air. Efforts at hardening their skin seems to slow the process, but not sufficiently to allow prolonged movement outside water.

In all colonies the Karksh continue to grow in number and age. Many more have now grown up with the fact of Others, and as such respect them greatly. In the Genesis colonly, Fwush continues to spread the word of Awlruts with limited success, and Thhshish passes around the Eye, gaining praise for Sedha. Ardannis is accepted throughout the species, but not truly respected yet, and for those in the Exodus colony Ikeklos and Tumine are still widely liked.

-The True Jerian Rumple

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 6.01

Tek arrives to the Exodus Colony. He is 15 feet tall, has Magnifying Glass and wears Mask of Benevolence. He speaks to the Karksh:

“Greetings. Some of you might still remember me. I am Tek of Communication Dominion. Tumine asked me to assist you with your communication ability, so you would be able to understand Niddog.”

Tek asks Karksh “Can you communicate with any non-Karksh life, except Immortals? Even if fast-life can’t speak, can you hear its thoughts?”

If Karksh never tried, Tek catches several fishes or other marine life and brings to Karksh, so they could try sensing their thoughts.

Tek also tests Karksh’es hearing by making sounds underwater and above.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 6.0

Ikeklos is satisfied with the progress the Truth-Seekers have made.
    "You have done well, Truth-Seekers. Continue practicing that which has been taught. I must return to the Realm of Deities. I shall return in time, but I must keep up with that which has occurred in that realm. Knowledge is vital, even for deities. In that time, be mindful, as ever, of those who would come before you."

Ikeklos begins dematerializing: Although it is hesitant to leave, it knows that its own words are true. After all, there may be some evidence to be gained...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 6.0, The Karksh

Ikeklos

They are sad to see him go, but they understand.

Tek

Rassh, a young Karksh who was Appeared in this colony but is widely known to have a bold streak in him, answers.

"Tek, we remember you, or were told of you. The...Niddog? That is a thinking life coming to see us? Our gratitude. No, we cannot seem to speak with any other life. They are silent to us."

-The True Jerian Rumple

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Turn 6.05

Tek thinks: “They can’t hear fish. But then again this proves nothing. Maybe it works only with intelligent life. But if it doesn’t, the meeting of races would be a communications disaster. By my pride, this is unacceptable.

A thought crosses Tek’s mind as his gaze falls on Sphere of Recording. “It was designed to record and translate thoughts of Karksh. If Niddog are capable of using it, then Karksh’es telepathy is universal and can affect sentient beings” he thinks immediately. “I have an object” he tells to Karksh. “A sphere with this distinct smell. It can record your thoughts. I want to bring it to Niddog that are traveling here. Then I’ll know if they can understand you. Can you record some thoughts to the sphere?” Tek brings Sphere of Recording to the Karksh and demonstrates how to use it.

If the plan with Sphere fails there are still other options to try. But since this solution would be the easiest and most advanced way of communication, Tek wants to check it first. If Karksh record thoughts into the sphere Tek takes it and leaves to find the Niddog travelers.

Spoiler
    Show

I’ve completely missed the part about explaining Sphere of Recording to the Karksh, after Tumine agreed to it. I guess it was just lying around unused.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 6.05, The Karksh

Tek

The Karksh attempt to record the following into the Sphere.

"Hello. We are the Karksh. This is a test to see if you can hear us. We wish you well on your journey."

It gets played back, and both Tek and the Karksh can hear it fine. Now it's just a question if the others can hear it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 6.21

Tek returns, his plan with Sphere of Recording failed. He leaves it with the Karksh. Still he expected this failure and there are still options.

Tek tells Karksh “The others, Niddog, can’t speak mind to mind like you or we do. Can you make sounds?” Tek checks what sounds Karksh are capable of making. “Can you change your shape to make more sounds?” "Or maybe if two Karksh work together to make sounds?". He tries to determine if there is a sufficient range of sounds Niddog would understand, to form at least some rudimentary language.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 6.21, The Karksh

Tek

He is given a definitive no. The Karksh can hear sounds, and hear sounds well, but they are more or less incapable of making sounds, unless it's the sound of them sliding over sand.

(OOC: Sorry, but you're asking what amounts to be sentient Jell-O to make sounds. Lots of ears, no mouth.)

-The True Jerian Rumple

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Hmm, sound of sliding over sand means “yes”, no sound means “no” then”. Tek’s left eye begins to twitch a little.

There are still options left. Their shapechanging is improving; they can use body language… Except that they are semi-transparent. “Can you show me different shapes you can take” – Tek examines how many different shapes, that Niddog could reasonably distinguish, Karksh can take. Tek also examines Karksh after they feed – perhaps some of their food temporary “colors” them.

Another idea comes to his mind as well “Can you move food inside your bodies? How easy you can do it?” If Karksh could move colored substance inside their body, they can form symbols with it.

If the plan with colored substances is viable, Tek would search for such using his skill (Natural Paints - 2).

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 6.21, The Karksh

The Karksh put on quite a display for Tek. Their ability to manipulate their bodies has improved dramatically. They cannot hold any position for very long, nor make complex shapes, but their variety is fairly amazing. As long as it is one solid line or curve, they can make it. The food colors them a little, as it is turned into particulates and then disappears. They cannot, however, move food around in their bodies.

-The True Jerian Rumple

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Niddog 6.4
    The traveling was long and arduous, however with the guidance of the gods, the Niddog trail-blazers reach the great shores, nearest to the Karksh Exodus colony, marveling at the great vastness of the water that now stands before them, having never seen more than small rivers and streams, this amount of water is beyond anything they could have imagined. A few play in the shallowest parts near the beach, dodging in and out of the waves lapping at the ground. All of them however look out towards sea, wondering when and what they are to meet.
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

20. - Top - End - #170

Ardannis

Overjoyed at their successful arrival at their destination, Ardannis simply shares their excitement for a few minutes, giving them the new vocabulary for this new place: "sand", "ocean", "beach", and so forth. After a short while playing in the waves, he says Now - let us meet some Karksh, shall we? I am not sure you will be able to hear them, and if you could, you would be unlikely to understand them. They speak from mind to mind without sound. But, we have several Immortals helping to get you two groups to know one another.

I will go swim out to where their group is. While I am gone, why don't you try to see how well you can swim in this ocean? In addition, if you will call on Iklekos and Tek, they will be most interested to see this meeting as well. Iklekos has taken personal care for this group of Karksh, and Tek is the Immortal doing most to help you and the Karksh understand each other. If you call them with your minds, they should hear and come when they are able.

Swimming out to the Exodus Colony, Ardannis greets them with excitement. Karksh! A small group of Niddog has traveled more than sixty days to meet another race of beings! They are excited, but cannot easily come far into the water. Iklekos should be on his way with more specific instructions, but if you can head toward the beach in the meantime, you should be able to get pretty close to them. I do not think we established a method for communication - I can understand both groups, so at the least I will be able to talk to each group for the other. They communicate by making and detecting vibrations in the air.
    Karksh, this is a great event. Never before in this world have two thinking beings of different types met each other. Beings will speak of this meeting long after every Karksh and every Niddog here has Disappeared.

Spoiler
    Show
    *bounce* *bounce* *excitement* *bounce*
    I feel like a five-year-old, in a good way, when I write for this character.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Niddog Trail-blazers
    Tek hears thoughts informing him that they have arrived, as does Arasylon. Ikeklos, who has never seen a Niddog before here's nothing but the words of Ardannis however. The Niddog along the shoreline try to swim a bit, but most are woefully unsuccesfull. So instead they stand in as deep of water as they can, calling out to the Karksh and the immortals. The young Journeman starts singing, his voice rising above the calls of the others, and carying slightly further, though to the Karksh it is likey drowned out by the sounds of the ocean.
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 6.4

Tek helps Karksh to develop body-language for inter-species communications until Niddog arrive. He seeks to establish the basics and some words that most probably would be used in this situation. He leaves briefly for Outer Plane at 6.4, but is immediately called back by the thoughts of Niddog.

He is glad that Niddog liked the see and waits until Ardannis would bring Karksh closer. Then he is going to help Niddog understand body-language of Karksh. “They speak by changing shape of their body”.

(OCC – I wonder if my Sphere of Recording experiment was flawed and Karksh telepathy actually works with Niddog. I guess I’ll find out soon.)

23. - Top - End - #173

Tek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ardannis suggested before, and would do so again, that if the Niddog failed at hearing Karksh telepathy, you still may have success teaching the Karksh some of the Niddog language, since they can hear okay.

Worst case, we just interpret between the two, so it's not so bad.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, turn 6.3
    (Sorry to have to post all this now: It's been a hectic couple of days, so posting might be a bit sparse)

Ikeklos returns to the Karksh Exodus colony. Having been told of the Niddog arrival by Ardannis, Ikeklos sets about strengthening the Karksh ability to stay above water as best it can. However, there is a quick, crash-course element that has been added to the agenda: Diplomacy. Ikeklos seeks to teach the Karksh what little it knows about using soft and occasionally non-commital words to create a pleasing conversation. Probably, some proverbs like so get passed around:
    "Know this: Where prideful words may make an enemy, humble ones will make a friend.
    Know this: The truth is important. Do not bend or abuse it. Although it may be undesirable, it is better to mix the truth with kind words, or even to tell but half of it, than to speak something which is not true."

...and so forth.

When the Niddog arrive, Ikeklos does his best to translate between the two. Although this makes widescale interaction difficult, it's better than nothing at all. If there is some downtime, Ikeklos will take that time to teach the Niddog of its First Great Truth: That Waste will harm them, and that by avoiding it they will ensure the continued strength of their people; As usual, this is paired with some adages that are prefaced with "Know This:". Ikeklos will also endeavor to learn as much as it can about the niddog, particularly these wandering trailblazers.

Unfortunately, Ikeklos can't stay long, and must leave in time to be back on the Inner plane by 6.5.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 6 Wrap Up, The Karksh

Little happened in the Genesis colony, so they continued on their path. Fwush managed to maintain his small group of followers of Awlruts, but very few new ones have joined. For that matter, few Karksh seem to change their beliefs on the Others at all. A few more join as more are born and told of the Others, and Sedha gains a little more simply for the Eye, but overall there is little change.

Tek gains much more respect in the Exodus Colony, as does Ardannis. Ikeklos is thanked, but as he cannot do much, he does not benefit as much.

That most heavily focused on by the Karksh of both colonies is shapechanging still, and they continue to have wondrous advances. They have it down to almost an art form, and soon will be able to put it to truly practical applications. The overall normal sight of the increases slightly as well.

We rejoin the Karksh just as first contact is made between them and the Niddog. (Yes, we're handwaving that into turn 7. Sorry.)

-The True Jerian Rumple

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 7.0

Sedha appears at the Genesis Colony, sporting her new blindfold, and the new Eye.

"Greetings Karksh. It is I, Sedha. I have finished Fip's request: I have taken his body to all of the other thinkers who would hear me, and told them of the Karksh, and told them of your interest in meeting all of them. Many of them are interested. I have made a second Eye for the Karksh, and I will give it to the new colony, so that when you are reunited, you will all understand each other's thoughts.

"This will be the last you see of me for a while. I may have finished Fip's task, but I still have much more to do. The other thinkers are all curious about the Karksh, and want to know more, so I wish to spread the word of all the other creatures further. In addition, many of the Others have began trying to make the other thinkers Disappear each other, and I cannot sit by and let them do this.

"I wish you all luck, and I hope to return to find you all safer and more prosperous than when I left you.
    "

7.05:

Sedha leaves for the Exodus Colony, still carrying the new Eye. She climbs up to the main group.

"Greetings, Karksh. I created a gift for the Karksh of the old colony a while ago, and made one for you all as well. It will grant you the ability to see not-life, and you must share it among yourselves. Who wishes to receive it?

27. - Top - End - #177

Awlruts, 7.00 Genesis Colony

A tornado of rose petals erupts at the sea bed near the Genesis Colony, creating an underwater whirlpool. The twisting body of water despite it's fludid shape allows no petals to leave the edge keeping the occupent hidden till it reachs six feet in height, then the rose petals stop and slowly float to the ground disapearing moments after they touch down. Now at the bottom of the sea the Karksh colony ahead Awlruts began to move forward calling for Fwush as she goes.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-11 at 09:53 PM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 7.0-7.1, The Karksh

Sedha

Thhshish, now with the weight of time heavy on him, but still with stength in his thoughts, answers Sedha.

"Greetings again, Other Sedha. It has been a long time that you have been on your journey, and we are glad to see you again. Heh, me especially so. Your Eye has been of great use to us, and already some of the young are able to see without it. I fear that when you return again I, too, shall have Disappeared. If that is the case, I would just like to say thank you. It appears that Fasha's disappearance will never be satisfactorily solved, as most of the Others seem to have lost interest in it, and those Karksh who remember it are Disappearing. Perhaps it is for the best. The Karksh have never been so divided as they were during that time. Rifts still exist, but they are closing. Still, thank you for your efforts. Goodbye."

In the Exodus Colony, she is received off to the side by a very young Karksh, barely full grown. Her name is Assh. She was left behind from the main party who went out to talk to the Niddog.

"Sedha? The old ones say you helped the first Karksh to come here. I am very happy to talk to you. You say you have something for us, to help us see? Oh thank you! We are already learning to see, but this makes it so much better. All the old ones say my Othersight is the best ever, but I have so far to go! Thank you Sedha! I'll show the other Karksh when they get back!"

Awlruts

Fwush answers, his thoughts slightly disjointed and broken up with age.

"Other Awlruts! You've returned! Oh thank you, I had missed you so much, and some of the new Karksh were even beginning to doubt you would ever return. I never doubted. You are my friend, and friends don't abandon each other."

-The True Jerian Rumple

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 7.0

Something... new was appearing in the waters of the Karksh.
    With a familiar icy snap, a figure formed: but rather than cracking, shooting ice, this one seemed to form by reverse melting, forming gradually. He...For, unlike Ikeklos, he definitely has a gender... looks like a man in his 30's. A, for lack of a better word, mane of white hair covers his head, beard and all. (think Santa) His eyes glow blue. His body is fairly plain, , but there is a kind of nagging lankiness about him: A good way to think of it is someone who is a mere handful of good meals away from emaciated. The only notable difference from the typical humanoid form is that instead of just two arms, his body has four, which terminate in hands with four fingers and two thumbs on each end.

So, this is what it felt to be... Organic. Or, at least, a reasonable simulation thereof.

Kelkik... As Ikeklos new his name was... was now truly an aspect of it. But there was more. While Ikeklos was used to sturdiness, to plodding meticulousness, Kelkik was... much more free, in this place.
    Kelkik began swimming for the nearby Exodus colony. It wished to share more...

Upon arrival, it greets the Karksh.
    "Greetings, Truth-Seekers. I, Ikeklos, have returned to your kin. Have the Niddog left your shores yet, Or are they still there?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 7.0

Sedha regards Thhshish sadly. "That is worst part of being an Other. I have to see thinkers- friends- die constantly. At least this time, I will be able to say goodbye. Goodbye Thhshish. May you spend the rest of your days in peace."

Exodus Colony

The Karksh were learning to see on their own? It was amazing how fast these things changed...

"I did not know that you all were learning to see on your own. How well can you see so far? This gift shows you somewhat the opposite of what you see, but it should help anyone who is struggling get the idea of what they are trying to accomplish.

"I have a long journey that I must go on and I don't know when I will return. I hope that I will be able to return in time to see you again. But in case I don't, may you live a good life Thhshish.
    "