New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Dance of Destiny IC

Rachel Wilder

Rachel hides her face in her hands as Jonathan hugs her, unable to look at her surroundings any longer. She was almost dead certain that she knew where she was now- that this is where her sister had been killed. She just couldn't take anymore today- she'd seen and done too much, pushed the boundary of her mental capabilities until she was on the verge of breaking.
    She needed to stop.

"We- I need out. Out out out out..."

She says, almost unable to string together a coherent sentence. Her mind was clutching to that one hope for peace and sanity, the idea that if she could get outside, things would be better. That there wouldn't be all this blood and rubble and violence. She had to get out.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jarvis McArthur
    Jarvis just looks at Jonathan with an uncontrolable twitch in his eye for a moment, for a second wondering if its at all possible with his screwed up arm and shoulder to go and beat the living tar out of the kid. He then calms down a bit thinking There's no way he coulda known about all that, no way ANYBODY coulda known about all that. If the kid was on the payroll they woulda known exactly WHEN I was comin...more likely they knew I was comin cause ol Jonathan here accidentally set off an alarm with one of there informants that went ringadingding and they decided to spoon feed him some tainted goods to put me there...Ringadingding? What the HELL did they give me in this joint? I'm thinking like a girly boy.

While logically Jarvis has come to terms with the fact that Jonathan could not have known about the problems that have happened, a lot of built up anger is still within him and the poor kid might as well have a bullseye painted on his forehead at the moment. Jarvis starts off with gritted teeth "How am I? HOW AM I?!?! Lets see here, I first have to pretend I'm a drunk and dirty myself up to get past a guy with a tommygunn guarding a door, then I gotta climb up a warehouse gutter to see whats inside where lo and behold I see Jelly boy there with enough firepower to give the army second thoughts about chargin the place and some weird punk in a suit. I try to take Jelly by surprise and freakin MISS..." Jarvis pauses thoughtuflly for a moment "Though I did hit the bastard in the arm, hope he gets a bad infection. Anyway after that I gotta jump off the roof to avoid tommygun fire and then I find out that this weirdo in a suit who looked harmless is something out of a freaking orsonwells novel and apparently bulletproof. I manage to get a tommygun and run off, only to be MUGGED, yes MUGGED while running for my life by none other than Eric! While I manage to stop him from shooting me, in a fit of stupid congeniality and trying to hide his stupid ass, I get jumped on by the freak of nature who has claws the size of goddamn baseball bats. Erics PROBABLY dead since he got stabbed by one and thats where my shoulder got hurt. I then run into Erics apparent cronies, all of who apparently haven't found out what puberty is, and running from the damn thing we decide to take a swim. I lose my revolver and coat while swimming, but we actually somehow MAKE it to the shore, where I get mugged AGAIN by the little punks. I manage to bluff my way out of getting shot, but before they run off they all decide play a little soccer on my ribs. Then I gotta crawl all the way to the god damn bus stop where I pass out and now I'm here...where I meet a completely unsympathetic nurse and you just smiling and askin how I'm doing as if expecting me to say I'm freaking rosey....GGRRAAAHHH!!!" After giving the frustrated yell, Jarvis looks at Jonathan (who most likely is giving increddulous and probably scared looks by now) and realizes he might have gone to far.
    "Sorry about that kid, but as you can see, I've had a REALLY bad day...or did have one I guess, I'll have to ask later how long I was out. But anyway, I'm sorry for bustin on ya. And before you start thinking I'm crazy, on weird meds, or somehow affected by my little 'problem' with the bottle in the past, think on this. How is it when I go armed with a pistol and lots of bullets, against a group thats been known to almost always shoot people, I get deeply stabbed in the shoulder? I know its all crazy, and I'd be the first to say that whoever gave this kind of testimony must have been hittin the booze pretty hard, but I'm clean...unless the doc's gave me something." Jarvis sighs "Right, now that I'm done probably making a total ass of myself and convincing you that I'm madder than a hatter, why don't ya tell me how things are going on your end, and who I have to thank for saving my pitiful self."
    I'm back, and hopefully I'll finally be able to stay !!!
    ...why is everyone all of a sudden screaming at this news?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Taira Itagaki

Itagaki's eyes widened and she stood - more quickly than she meant to - as the general smacked the table. She was taken aback both by the descriptions of the war and by Mikhail's tone, but quickly regained her poise as his last words registered. "My world... You are not quite from another world, are you?"

She spoke slowly, not really needing an answer as various facts placed themselves like Go pieces in her head. "You are from another time - from the future of this world. I do not know your revolution, or your war, but... you know my language. In your time, our peoples have met. We are allies. And not just one or two clans, but all of Japan. It almost seems impossible, yet it is the only explaination."

She paused, looking down thoughtfully at her guest. "Let me tell you something. You say the Zhermans kill women and children without thought, but the Zherman who killed my father spared me. Spared me who he must have thought was an ally to your people, his enemies. How many of his people have been killed in your war? How many Zherman women and children have been slain by the forces you commanded, Mikhare-san? Perhaps my people have forgotten in your time, but here and now I am the child of a warrior house. No matter the battle, no matter the dishonorable deeds done by one side or the other, every warrior may show honor. None may be judged by the actions of others."

Realizing her voice had grown almost angry, Itagaki took a deep breath, let it out slowly, and settled back down at the table. "I am sorry, Mikhare-san. My father often argued that point - it is only recently that I have come to understand his view."
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lt. General Mikhail Ratkunin

"As insane as it sounds," Mikhail says more softly, "I believe I am from perhaps five hundred years in the future?" He shook his head. "And where . . . when I am from, the Germans and the Japanese are allies. Only four years ago, I fought under Zhukov and destroyed a Japanese army in Mongolia. Now Japan and Russia are at peace, despite the events of 1905 and 1939."

He ate another cherry, staining his teeth red for a moment. "How many Germans have my men killed? Perhaps one hundred thousand, maybe more. I've killed at least eleven that were close enough that I could hear their last cries. But the Germans are deep in Russia. I've killed no German women, no German children. Yet."

A sip of the milk. "But soon. Our armies are advancing, and Germany will fall, and then my men will take their bloody revenge. One of our poets, Ehrenburg, said it best, Taira-sama: 'there is nothing more amusing to us than a heap of German corpses. Don't count the days, don't count the kilometers. Count only one thing: the number of Germans you have killed. Kill the Germans!'"

5. - Top - End - #155

Taira Itagaki

"The Zherman thought we were allies... no wonder he was so frightened, so confused to be hunted by us." Itagaki blinked, dismissing the soldier and the issues of war he had brought up. "When we go to your time, what will happen? I assume that if we arrive among your people you can protect me, but what if we arrive among the Zhermans?" Realizing she had yet to eat more than a mouthful, Itagaki tucked in vigorously, keeping her mouth full until the general finished speaking.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Shona

She stared in horror at the dead men and she gulped looking at the phone, into it (knowing that the voice could here her) she says:

"But, and I'll be willing to tell you face to face, what if I don't have the stone. I never had it, in fact, I looked it wasn't even there. If you wanted so bad to find it, you could have done so without killing,

You can kill me here and know, but I am telling you, I have no idea where the stone is. What do you want me to do."

She raises her arms in a "Whelp, I tried" gesture, and held her breath.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jonathan Morris

Jonathan made as good a cold read as he could from the room. The detective in him wanted to search thoroughly before anymore complications could come up. He frowned at himself for even having the thought.

Don't worry-we're gonna get outta here in just a tic. Gonna get you someplace safe-to that nice apartment you mentioned. Let me just do a quick scan of the exits to see if we have any company nearby.

The gunslinger "holstered" his pistol in his belt, more comfortable about being able to respond quickly that way. It felt like a tossup as to which door to check first, but the diaper made him feel inclined to check the bathroom first.

Make sure we're safe, get her the hell out of here, and finish checking up later. . .

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

857: Bólnautr Skoftason
    "A sack of bones?" the skeleton bellowed, "You know nothing of what makes me tick! You don't know what I've lived through, the things I've seen, the hundreds I've slaughtered!"
    There was a loud scraping of metal as Redboot drew his rusty cutlass.
    "You want to fight, well, you'll get a fight. I don't want to lead this pathetic little group of yours, but I sure as hell would like to see that blood of yours flow over the rocks of this island"

A hand held Redboot back. Redboot's head jerked to the side, and stared right into Alfarin's eyes. Alfarin looked away from the undead monstrosity.
    "We can't just go killing each other because he happens to be a little rude, Redboot. This was a question of leadership. It was a challenge, sure, but if you're not willing to lead you should not step up. It would be a bad idea for someone without any interests in our tribe to lead us anyhow"

"Yeah, there's no need for any blood to be spilt amongst us"

Alfarin removed his hand and the skeleton nodded, sheathing his cutlass. Meanwhile Alfarin turned towards Gerhald, smiling.
    "That's not what I said, young smith. Blood does have to be spilt. Just not by him"
    He gave the skeleton a nod.
    "Bólnautr asked us to decide once and for all which one of us will lead the rescue. I agree we should have a leader. I just happen to think our easy to faint friend is not the right choice"

Alfarin took up his axe and shield and gestured for the others to move away. Redboot and Skalf stood apart together while Gerhald took some distance alone.

"Let's fight"

1279: Taira Itagaki, Lt. General Mikhail Ratkunin
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just let the RP continue

1948: Jarvis McArthur
    "Oh... I... They..."
    Jonathan took out a handkerchief and wiped his forehead.
    "About thirty minutes after I left last night reports of gunfire came in. Men were about to be sent out but word came from higher up that the situation was being taken care off. I thought of bribed officials first so I headed back down there myself. By the time I got there the place was a total mess. The warehouse was still okay, but total chaos had spread around it. There were holes wide enough to let through an elephants in some walls! There were a bunch of dead gangsters too, just lying there. No sign of Antonio Smadrone, though. I checked the warehouse but it didn't really seem to be packed with anything valuable. When I couldn't find you there I got really worried, so I tried to find which way you'd gone from the warehouse, but whatever had gone on there seemed to have been all over the place. It-it was just impossible"

Jonathan stepped closer to the bed.
    "They found you somewhere during the early morning, lying by a busstop on the other side of the canal. The busdriver took you to this hospital, and they called the cops because it looked suspicious to them. I heard about it and ah, I came down here as soon as I could"

"The doctors say-"
    The door opened.
    "Oh, hello, who are you?"
    Jarvis could hear the leather flutter as the man in the doorway brought up both his hands from beneath his trenchcoat, with in them, a shotgun. The only part of his face that wasn't obscured by his broadrimmed leather hat was his mouth, which showed a vicious smile and a thick cigarstub in the corner of his mouth. He pulled the trigger without a second thought.

2009: Shona Golding (AKA The Emerald Flame)
    "You have a day" the voice repeated.
    "The killings were no-one's fault but your own. I was very clear with my instructions. You will find the stone and bring it to me, in one day. I don't really care how you do it. I can blow your secret and just find someone else to help me. You're a clever girl, Shona, and you have the resources. More amazing things have been done in one day. Find the stone"
    There was a dry click, and the lights on the phone faded. It was just Shona now, in a garage with five dead men.

2009: Jonathan Morris, Anna Rachel Wilder
    As Rachel was having troubles keping track of reality, Jonathan tried to keep his cool and started searching the appartment. He headed into the bathroom first, but it seemed unused. Then again, what did he know? The whole place seemed like the inside of a spaceship to him. He exited the empty bathroom and quickly looked around the rest of the appartment. The strangest thing about the room was definitely the huge machine. It hummed on almost inaudibly, but didn't really seem to be doing anything. There were the lights, sure, but why build such a huge thing just for the lights? Jonathan really didn't understand this world.

He moved on to the door and carefully looked outside. He heard voices, downstairs, just one or two floors below. He couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but there were definitely two or three of them. He quickly retreated to the room. Yet again the machine caught his attention. There was a small compartiment. It was open. an imperfection in an otherwise so orderly machine. It looked just about the right size to fit in the cylinder...

He looked round. Rachel didn't seem to be doing so well. She seemed very eager to leave.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Taira Itagaki

"The Zherman thought we were allies... no wonder he was so frightened, so confused to be hunted by us." Itagaki blinked, dismissing the soldier and the issues of war he had brought up. "When we go to your time, what will happen? I assume that if we arrive among your people you can protect me, but what if we arrive among the Zhermans?" Realizing she had yet to eat more than a mouthful, Itagaki tucked in vigorously, keeping her mouth full until the general finished speaking.

"If we arrive among the Germans, then I fight them. If my people, I claim you are a Korean." He shrugged. "We have many Asians fighting with us. I have two Tibetans in my unit. You will fit in, I think. It is a time of strong women." The General smiled slightly. "Women fly machines against the Germans, lead partisan units. Women lead."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Bólnautr Skoftason

I'll be sure to send a prayer to the gods when I'm finished with you. Bólnautr raised his spear and shield, watching Alfarin carefully. He slowly circled the man, giving him a small amount of time to back out or make the first move. Bólnautr kept his eyes on Alfarin's torso, the one part of the body that wouldn't be able to feint, and always made sure he had his axe in sight. When the first strike came, he would be sure to catch it on his shield. He did so, stabbing towards Alfarin's extended hand as the axe rang out on his shield.

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel

During Jonathan's searchings, Rachel began slowly backing up towards the door, unable to keep herself from retreating. She just couldn't stay her any longer- couldn't take any more of place. It was too much for her.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jarvis McArthur

As soon as Jarvis heard the rustle of the man reaching inside his coat, Jarvis rolled off his bed screaming "DOWN!!" Whether this was from some innate instinct of his that could sense danger, or a form of cowardice since he had been constantly shot at and attacked recently is probably one for philosophers to argue. If Jarvis had time to think, he'd probably say cowardice.

He barely even heard the retort of the gun as he reached up from the ground while entwined in his bedsheets and threw the bed up with all his strength flipping it to give him some cover. He then turned around while almost falling into the cover of the bed and looking quickly ripped out the night lamp from its wire in his good hand and took the scissors with the arm that's bad. He then peeked quickly over the bed while moving down its length and tossed the night lamp at the assassins head. Jarvis, then hoping that even if he missed it would cause the assassin to flinch, literally leaped out of cover down the end of the bed attempting to quickly juke and run up alongside the ****er so that the guy would have to re-aim his shotgun and swivel it quickly. Jarvis planned on stabbing this guy with the scissors in a number of sensitive but not instantly fatal places. He wanted some god damn answers, and he'd either get them or this bastard was going to have a very bad day.

13. - Top - End - #163

{{OOC: Oops! I could have sworn I posted this already. }}

Taira Itagaki

Quote Originally Posted by Voshkod
    If we arrive among the Germans, then I fight them. If my people, I claim you are a Korean." He shrugged. "We have many Asians fighting with us. I have two Tibetans in my unit. You will fit in, I think. It is a time of strong women." The General smiled slightly. "Women fly machines against the Germans, lead partisan units. Women lead."
    Itagaki swallowed her mouthful of rice. "But I do not speak your language, nor do I know how to use your weapons," she pointed out reasonably. "How can I pass for a member of your army? And if we should arrive among the Zhermans, how will we fight? You have no weapon. I am skilled with my naginata, but your weapons kill at a distance, and my death will mean nothing if I do not find the one responsible for killing my father first."
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-10-18 at 01:49 PM.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

SwashbucklerGuy

Jonathan Morris

With a mental picture, Jonathan placed how he assumed things would work if he were to place the cylinder in this bizarre machine. But the investigation would have to wait. Rachel obviously needed to get out of here.

"Alright, let's get you home. We've got a couple folks below us. It might not hurt for us to be quiet on the way out."

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    {{OOC: Oops! I could have sworn I posted this already. }}

Taira Itagaki

Itagaki swallowed her mouthful of rice. "But I do not speak your language, nor do I know how to use your weapons," she pointed out reasonably. "How can I pass for a member of your army? And if we should arrive among the Zhermans, how will we fight? You have no weapon. I am skilled with my naginata, but your weapons kill at a distance, and my death will mean nothing if I do not find the one responsible for killing my father first."

"If we appear among Germans, then we will both likely die," Mikhail said simply. "I have no control over this stone. I do not know where it will send us to. If we appear among my people, well, my cultural is based on deception and falsehood. I can lie with the best of them."

He sipped his tea and thought about a cover story with a small smile. After all, I won't be the first General to have acquired a foreign lover by conquest. Given our officer corps, it is a believable story.
    Last edited by Voshkod; 2008-10-21 at 12:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel Wilder

Rachel nods, her head bobbing up and down repeatedly as she follows him closely, closing her eyes tightly as she shivers. Clearly she's just ready to get out and has very little of her own input at the moment.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Strangely Alfarin chose to charge forward with his shield. Bólnautr stopped the blow with his own shield, the two plates of wood clashed loudly. Next came a swing of Alfarin's axe, which Bólnautr managed to block as it swung down by hooking it with his own axe.

The two men stood unmovable for a while as they threw all their weight onto their shields, pushing and shoving each other with all their might. The hooked axes jangled up in the air, but neither man managed to move his weapon. Bólnautr could feel the gravel shifting beneath him, his feet sinking.

Then, suddenly, Alfarin jumped aside, throwing Bólnautr forward. Bólnautr only barely managed to keep his balance, but being thrown forward had cost him his axe. Just as he swivelled round to face Alfarin again, his opponent threw his shield at Bólnautr, like a huge frisbee.

1279: Taira Itagaki, Lt. General Mikhail Ratkunin
    Ratkunin suddenly stopped talking. There was something wrong. Something... familiar.

"Oh ****"

He jumped down instinctively. Seconds later, there was nothing elft of the room. Just smoke and rubble, and a huge hole in the wall where the projectile had come in through. The almost inaudible whistling of the projectile had set off the commander's finetuned military instincts. Itagaki had been less prepared. She had been blown into the hallway and into a wall. Her body hurt all over and blood was seeping down her face.

Ratkunin crawled up from the rubble that covered him and looked straight at the man who had disturbed the peace and quiet so abrubtly. He was wearing a leather trenchcoat and a matching broad rimmed hat. In the corner of his mouth was the stub of a cigar, emitting thick, black puffs of smoke. He was grinning, broadly, with that scarred mouth of his. He reloaded the gigantic gun he was holding. The thing looked a lot like a mortar and the bullet was as large as a fist. Strangely though, the man hadn't been blown away when he'd fired the first time. He spit out the stub into the grass and squeezed the trigger.

Jarvis flipped the bed and ducked behind it. A spray of blood splattered the wall above him. No time for sentimentality. He tossed the nightlamp over the bed, desperately hoping to distract the assassin, and then ran as fast as he could towards the killer in an arch. He was only catching flashes of what was happening by now, and the shotgunblast had pretty much deafened him for a while. He saw a flash of the killer's head. There were shards of the lamp stuck in his face, but he hadn't even flinched. What really scared Jarvis though were his eyes. In that flash he'd caught the vaguest glimpse of them, peaking from beneath the rim of the hat. They were golden, and merciless.

In the next flash Jarvis was suspended in mid-air. He literally jumped the assassin, the scissors gleaming in the neon lights. There was that, and the shotgunshell that was about to hit the floor. He'd fired. A flash, just lights this time. Jarvis could feel it tearing through his flesh. He wasn't sure where. His hands cramped up so much he could feel the scissors imprinting themselves in his hand.

A thud. He was on the floor now. He hadn't felt the fall, but who would notice such a triviality after being shot at point blanc range by a shotgun? Jarvis opened his eyes. He was sitting on top of the assasin. Blood was spread over the both of them. The scissors had been plunged into the killer's neck, and a fountain of blood was spraying up onto the hallway's ceiling, and thend ripping down again. The shotgun had rolled down the hallway and a nurse was staring at it like a bunny at a car's headlights.

They were covered in blood. And that bastard was still smiling.

They exited the room, perhaps a bit too loudly.

The hallways were a mess. Walls had been blown out and there was blood all over the place. Scorchmarks too. Whatever had passed through hadn't done so unnoticed.

They went down a floor. One of the appartment's doors was missing. The entrance was covered in debris and bits of leftover wood from what had been a closet. Rachel collapsed to her knees and started crying. That had been her sister's appartment.

Jonathan was getting nervous. Not only was this place getting to him, his companion was being too loud as well. There were footsteps on the floor below. Luckily the stairs between the fourth and third floor had been destroyed. They had been inconveniently replaced by a metal ladder which had been fastened with some screws in the concrete.

"Is anybody up there?" a voice called from below, accompanied by a shaft of light, scanning the stairhall.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

18. - Top - End - #168

Without even time to curse, Ratkunin hurled himself forward, low to the ground, toward the shooter. Get under the shell, get in front of the explosion, his mind screamed. If he got close enough, he'd show the bastard that unarmed was not the same as harmless.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Bólnautr Skoftason

Bólnautr dropped to the ground, his opponents shield flying over his head. As he stood, he began moving in on his now shieldless opponent quickly, getting to him before he can move the extra axe to his other hand. Bólnautr keeps his shield between himself and Alfarin's axe, before suddenly bashing with a shout, not at his body, but at the hand he held the two axes in, stabbing towards the unarmed side of his body with his spear
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-10-26 at 11:12 AM.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #170

Taira Itagaki

Itagaki had barely had time to register Mikhail's change of expression before the explosion slammed her backward. The moment she landed, however, she pushed herself to her feet, ignoring her aches and wiping the blood away from her eyes with the sleeve of her kimono.

She only had to glance in the direction the attack had come to realize that the man was not of her time. She didn't recognize his weapon, but Mikhail seemed to have recognized it somehow before it struck, which meant it was probably something from his time. Only one question remained then: Who was the target of the attack, herself or Mikhail?

These thoughts flitted through her head in the blink of an eye as she stood, but she knew she didn't have time to ponder them. Staggering a little, she forced herself to run to the shelter of the nearest whole wall, shouting as she went.

"Mikhare-san! Use the amber stone!"

If I am the target, he will be home and not entangled in this. If he is the target he will be no worse off. Perhaps better off, because he won't have to worry about his pledge to protect me.
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-10-28 at 12:24 AM.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((I'm going to be taking a bit of liberty with the NPC in this one, tell me if I go to far.))
    Jarvis McArthur

Jarvis felt a strange sort of lethargic detachment while looking into that smiling face, as if the strength was draining out of him. The effect was actually a combination of adrenaline and shock coursing through him, but he thought it was some sort of new trick the guy had. With what seemed a monumental effort and to take a serious amount of strength Jarvis took the scissors out and attempt to stab the guy again through the eyes, half expecting to not even be able to lift up the scissors from how he felt. He was surprised to see how quickly the scissors gushed out from the neck and how easily it seemed they went into the eye. Then, just to be sure, he twisted them a little inside there to make sure if there were any brains inside this mad mans head, they were shish-kabob now.

He rolled over exasperated and looked at the nurse for a moment. He then got up slowly, gasping a bit, and talked to her while he walked up to her. "Nurse, listen to me...Nurse?" The nurse stares at him and the scene dumbfounded, and he grabs her and starts shaking her. "DAMNIT woman WAKE UP!" Jarvis gives her a smart one across the cheek. He doesn't approve of hitting girls, but he didn't approve of attempted hospital assasinations or what happened to Jonathan either, so today was just going to go that way.

Fortunately the Nurse seems to snap out of it and blinks a few times before her eyes reset on Jarvis. "What just happened who are you wh-"
    Jarvis interrupts her quickly "Listen, I don't think I have a lot of time to explain ok? My name's Jarvis McArthur, I'm a detective of a certain division," TECHNICALLY thats true, I'm a private one anyway. "and earlier what brought me into this hospital was a very bad fight with some very bad powerful people. This is probably there response to the fact that I'm alive. Now I might not have a lot of time here, cause they might be after some friends of mine Psh, yeah, my best friend of me...oh ****, what if they ARE after some people like Mariah? The color drains temporarily out of Jarvis's face with that very thought, but he continues. "and I have to go help them and make sure they'll be ok. What I need you to do is get some quick bandages for my side here, maybe some pain pills, and if its even at ALL possible keys to a nearby car cause the speed will help. Then call the police only AFTER I leave, only because they'll want to talk to long and its possible that where and who some of my buddies are could leak if I have to tell them. And...if you could...find something for my...my friend the kid here..." Jarvis almost has a tear in his eye but quickly closes them and turns the nurse around not even waiting for an answer "Now scoot!" He gives her a healthy push on the behind to get her moving.

After he's sure that she's on her way, he limps over to the shotgun and takes it, then using it like a crutch almost (with the barrel pointed at the floor of course), he goes into the room and for the first time, slowly steeling himself for it, thinking all the time in his head Not the kid, not the god damn kid...DAMN me, God DAMN me for bringing him into this. Jarvis finally takes a look at whats left of the young rookie who had actually looked up to him.

22. - Top - End - #172

SwashbucklerGuy

Jonathan Morris

As the shaft of light swept the area, it was obvious to Jonathan there was no sneaking out of this. Rachel didn't look up for pursuit, and the gunslinger would have no clue where to go without her. Maybe there was another option. . . . Leaning over to Rachel he whispered,

"I know you want out of here right now. I do too. But I don't think we're sneaking out. I'll need your help to fill in blanks, but you can likely pass me off as a hired detective. I'll be out of date, but I've got the routine."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel Wilder

Jonathan's words start clicking together in Rachel's head. Understanding, and a business-like, logical and problem solving rationale begin flowing over. This was like old times. She knew this situation- she could get out of it. Being seen wasn't what they wanted, that left trails for anyone who was nosy later, and she doubted Jonathan had the understanding of recent legal systems to actually pull off being a hired, within the law and bounds detective. She knew she didn't- she'd never trained in that.
    Coldly she flicks through her options and comes across the one that would work best. She glances at Jonathan, measures him in an instant, and decides that he could manage it.

"It might be harder than you'd think. Lots has changed, and I barely understand the basics of that anymore. But it won't matter if they know we're here if they don't catch us or see us. Quick, back track and find a good place to exit- fire escape, window, ledge, balcony- anything. I hope you're good at climbing."

The change in Rachel can be seen- something about the situation and his words had flipped a switch in her mind. Her hysteria wasn't gone, but it was like something else had taken over, at least for now. Rachel swiftly starts moving back away from the ladder, looking for a likely place- an open room, fire escape, or balcony. She tries to stay quieter, but puts more emphasis on speed. And Rachel is fast- perhaps not as quick as other people, but she navigates the ruined building with a nimble grace that can only come from talent and training.

24. - Top - End - #174

SwashbucklerGuy

Jonathan Morris

A wry smile curls on the gunslingers face as the young woman springs into action.

"Lead the way little lady. This old man is much obliged."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

The spear pierced Alfarin's side, and with a slight grunt the man fell down, toppling onto the gravel only moments after the axes. The onlookers gasped as blood poured from the fresh wound.

"I guess you've got it in you after all, kid"

Gerhald buried his face in his hands.
    "Oh, god, I can't believe this..."

"Neither can I. My own blood, spilt by this wimp. Well, maybe you're related too, eh? Or maybe my blood's just too diluted in this pathetic excuse for a man" Redboot said, kicking Alfarin in the leg.

Gerhald jumped up, drawing his sword and pointing the tip at Redboot.
    "What's wrong with you? He's your grandson! He's dying! How can you be so- so- You monster!"
    The sword shook.

"Oh, you want to take a lie-down with my grandson here? I can make that happen, kid, this blade's seen the guts of many a tougher man than you!"

"Stop!!!"

They looked round. Somewhat higher up on the hill was the druid, with next to him Arngier. Arngier shrugged apologetically.
    "I had to go get him. He's the only one that can stop the madness"
    The druid ignored him. His face had gone red with anger.
    "I gave you permission to continue your quest on my island, and this is how you thank me? You bring violence to my town? It ends here! You and your friends-", he gave Redboot a long and hard stare, "-will leave our town now, before the fishermen return to find a corpse in the one place they known their wives and children will be safe. The next time you return to this town, it had better be in order to leave this island forever!"
    The druid strode down from the hill.

Alfarin looked up at Bólnautr one more time, groaned, and fainted.

1279: Lt. General Mikhail Ratkunin
    The gun went off a second time. Ratkunin ducked under the bullet, if you could call it that, and leaped into the garden outside. Behind him was another explosion, and then the sound of bricks tumbling down. A huge cloud of dust engulfed him from behind and left him pretty much blind. The General still knew exactly where the assassin had been though.

1279: Taira Itagaki
    Itagaki ran into the house, trying to take cover behind the walls. Seconds later, the whole house collapsed. In the dusty hell Itagaki scrambled up again and tried to make her way through the cluttered hallways, echoing with the servant's screams. One of them was wedged beneath a huge block of stone, whiel another one was trying to pull her out from beneath. It looked like her legs had been completely crushed though.

A man burst from the dust. Ishida seemed self-confident, and furious. He was rapidly striding foward, using a piece of a beam as a crutch. He acted nothing like the defeated heap of misery he'd been earlier.

"Itagaki, quickly, what happened here?"
    His hand glid to his sword, as if he sensed that the epicentre of the chaos had to be near his wife.

The squishy sound the scissors made as he plunged them into the assassin's eyesocket almost made Jarvis sick. Then again, it was somehow satisfying too. And that, in itself, was sickening as well. Jarvis turned away, as the bastard continued to smile in death and he couldn't bear the sight.

Jarvis grabbed the nurse, shook her and vented. Almost on automatic she started bandaging Jarvis, and he just sort of stood there, wondering how long it was going to take. Time seemed to be of the essence here. These guys hadn't taken long to find him, and who knew what they were going to send next?

She finished up, and Jarvis pushed her away.
    "Get me carkeys or some kind of transportation, quickly, and some pain pills. My side is killing me"
    He shuffled back to his room. He felt like he was being pulled towards the floor, but managed to keep himself upstraight with the shotgun. He finally made it and leaned into what was left of the doorframe.

There was barely anything left of Jonathan. They were probably going to have to bury an empty casket or something, because it would be near impossible to gather up what was left of the boy. Jarvis could feel tears welling up and turned away, facing the hallway again.

Of all the things the nurse could have been doing, she was checking the assassin's pulse. She was in shock, clearly, but still this made Jarvis angry and he was about to say something when he saw the bracelet on the killer's wrist. It was nothing more than a broad leather strap, but it had a huge eggshaped stone on it coloured a fine shade of amber, like a good whisky. The stone somehow filled up Jarvis' world for a bit, not allowing his mind to think of anything else. This was why he hadn't noticed the third person standing there.

"Gimme the stone, sis, or this guy gets it"

Wrong place, wrong time. Jarvis could have guessed it: Eric. The mugger was wearing hospital clothes so Jarvis could only guess he'd somehow ended up in the same ordeal as he had. Where Jarvis had been cut in the arm though, Eric had lost all of it. He was now, quite literally, a one-armed bandit. He would have pitied the thug felt guilty but the immediate situation was kind of putting things into perspective. With the only arm he had left Eric had taken up his criminal habits again and he was now holding another patient hostage with a scalpel to his throat. The other patient looked like he was worse of than Eric, and not just because of the whole hostage situation but also because he looked quite terminally ill and should probably not have been removed from his bed. He whimpered something, but no-one really noticed due to the rest of the situation being much more pressing. The nurse froze with her hands locked tight around the bracelet. She'd only half functioned after the attack, and Eric's interruption had been more than she could take.

Eric now spotted Jarvis.
    "Oh, you again? You survived all that havoc? I guess we were both lucky last night"
    Jarvis wasn't sure if Eric was making some sick joke or if he actually meant what he said. Neither of them was all right at the moment.

"I think there's people up there, Jacob"

"Oh, christ, Bobby, that's the fifth time today you've said that. I told you, it's this place! God, am I going to be glad if this shift is over"

Bobby ignored him.
    "Anyone there? This is officer Malone with the San Fransisco police department. You're not allowed to be here"

"Bobby, I'm telling you, there's no-one there"

"We're here to guard this place, so that's what we're gonna do, right? We need to check about anyways, so we might as well go up"

"All right, all right, sheesh. I don't see why anyone would wanna break in here in the first place!"

Rachel and Jonathan could hear them scrambling up the ladder that was bridging the gap in the stairs.

26. - Top - End - #176

Mikhail crouched in the spreading dust cloud for a moment, thoughts roaring in his head. Take the opportunity to escape, you're outgunned here. He shook his head. This woman had taken him in and protected him. He owed her something.

He took out the amulet. It felt solid. Not much of a weapon, but still a weapon, a garrote at least. He considered stealth, but with all the noise around, even the attacker was probably disoriented. General Ratkunin charged into the dust toward where he thought the shooter was.
    Last edited by Voshkod; 2008-10-31 at 05:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jarvis McArthur

Normally in a situation like this Jarvis would be cold, angry, and murderous, but he just couldn't bring himself to be vicious at Eric at this time. Jarvis WAS responsible for the loss of his arm there and Eric was reacting the only way he knew how, which was being an annoying prick who shows up at just the worst time.

Jarvis puts a hand out to stop the nurse if she moves towards him and calmly looks at Eric with actual sympathy. "Yea Eric, I guess we ARE lucky in a sense of the word, at least in the survival department. Not so much in the location one though. Now, considering this Nurse is rather jumpy and probably about 2 shakes of a leg from running around screaming her pretty head off, I'LL be the one giving the amulet to you...Umm..." Jarvis looks at Eric for a moment and is kinda puzzled. Originally he was trying to think of a way to trick the guy, but there seemed to be a problem in delivery in the goods. "I don't mean to be rude or anything but...exactly HOW am I supposed to give you the bracelet? Your kinda lacking pockets on your suit and your hand is uh *cough* busy at the moment. And lets face it, if you wanted me to try and fasten the thing to your wrist, even I wouldn't trust myself not to try something sooo...exactly what are we going to do here? I mean, I'm willing to pretend you never left your hospital room or anything right now but...exactly what IS your plan at the moment? Cause no offense...I'm not in a real helpful mood at the moment so I ain't going to give you any idea's really." Jarvis has a puzzled look on his face. A small part of him is saying that if he heard this story from anybody else he'd be laughing his ass off for a week.

28. - Top - End - #178

Taira Itagaki

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    A man burst from the dust. Ishida seemed self-confident, and furious. He was rapidly striding foward, using a piece of a beam as a crutch. He acted nothing like the defeated heap of misery he'd been earlier.

"Itagaki, quickly, what happened here?"
    His hand glid to his sword, as if he sensed that the epicentre of the chaos had to be near his wife.
    "More demons!" Itagaki answered quickly, not taking the time to explain that the demons were actually men from the future. The priority was to communicate the situation in terms her husband could accept quickly; she could straighten out the facts later. "There is a war between two demon clans - the demon that killed my father is of one clan, and the man we met yesterday is actually a demon from the other clan. He claims his powers are bound and he cannot leave human form, but as he explained the situation to me, another demon attacked. I must assume it is from the same clan as my father's killer, but its powers are greater."

{{OOC: In fuedal Japanese culture, "demon" did not have the conotations of evil it does in modern Western culture, so Ishida should accept Itagaki's explanation relatively easily.}}
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel Wilder

Rachel looks back at Jonathan, clearly wondering if he could keep up with her. An odd thing for such a woman to wonder... she must have something up her sleeve.

"Quickly! She whispers urgently, darting up the stairs and into one of the apartments fluidly and without pause, moving through the rooms until she got out of the main part of the apartment- probably going to the bedroom. She looks out of the window, trying to judge their surroundings and how far up they are.

30. - Top - End - #180

SwashbucklerGuy

Jonathan Morris

One second Jonathan was just happy to see Rachel back in form, the next he was realizing this young lady was no joke.

Christ's sake-it's like chasing after one of the Kaizo brothers!

The gunslinger wasn't as lithe as his guide, but his long controlled strides kept him from falling behind. Memories shook loose. . .of London, and his "rescue" of Carlotta.

Heh. . .now there's a story junior needs to hear.

As Rachel looks back, she might find it strange that it looks like Jonathan is actually enjoying this.