New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: 4E Playtest

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default 4E Playtest

Your group has been hired by Teldorthan Goldcap to head to a place called Kobold Hall in search of stolen shipment. The part of the shipment he is mainly concerned about getting back is a cure green dragon hide. He has hired your group to retrieve the hide and bring it back for him. If you succeed he will give each of you 50g and offer to craft you a weapon of your choice.

Leaving the town of Fallcrest you travel towards the Kobold Keep. You travel the 15 miles from Fallcrest into the wilderness to find the once-sprawling manor now known as the ruins of Kobold Hall. Inside the keep, you find a trapdoor at the base of an old guard tower. It must lead beneath the ruins.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 4E Playtest

Sar looks apprehensively at the trap door, suddenly wishing he'd taken an interest in caves rather than trees when he was younger. He glances at his companions.
    "What do we know about kobolds? What should we expect down there?"

Nature check to know about kobolds. (rolled an 18)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Markus laughs heartily, giving Sar a slap upon the back. "The same thing we know about all monsters. You give them a good stabbing, and they fall down dead. Come on, if we spend all day reading books we'll never get that reward."

Peering into the trapdoor, Markus looks for a way down, amongst other things.
    Last edited by Scintillatus; 2008-05-31 at 07:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aye, if we're goin', then twere best be done quickly, I'd say. Kel scoots closer to the traphole, and sees what he can see.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

5. - Top - End - #5

Looking down the trap door you see a set of stairs leading downward. It leads into a rather dark room. From your current position you can't see very far into it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

6. - Top - End - #6

Sar snorts and arches an eyebrow. "Jump in headfirst if you like, but if the little buggers have slime beasts don't come whining to me when you're all mucked up." Walking over behind Kel, Sar looks over the dwarf and down into the dark. "Well, unto the breach?" Straightening up. "You gentlemen first?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Putting away his bow and drawing his short sword "Great a tunnel, this should be fun."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

8. - Top - End - #8

Ach, it's just like livin' in th' mountains back home! Aye! That it is!

with their whines out of the way, Kel begins to make his way down the stairs, having an easier time of it then others, because of his height.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

9. - Top - End - #9

As you climb down the stairs you enter a rather large room. Dominating the room ahead is a long trench filled with a glowing green substance. Beyond the trench, a small, reptilian humanoid stands in a shadowy chamber, gaping at you. It carries a sling, and quickly reaches into a pouch at its belt for a stone. It hisses and shouts, “Intrudersss! Intrudersss!”

The Pit gives off enough light to light this room decently. it isn't great light, and you are taking negatives to your perception checks for visual. I will need to know who has torches so I can adjust for that.

Need Initiative Rolls
    Kobold Initiative - (1d20+5)[9]

As for colors on the map they are matched to your speaking color.
    Light Purple-Keldarm
    Brown-Damion
    Green-Sardante
    Red-Markus
    Blue-Sams' New Character

Grey will be enemies

Initiative
    Sardante-18
    Markus-15 (unless he shows up, he will go last or hold his action till round 2)
    Kobold-9
    Damion-9
    Sam-5
    Keldarm-5

Sardante you are up
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-06-03 at 09:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

10. - Top - End - #10

Sar's eyes get a little wide at the sight of their first opponent, he weaves between his companions deftly, hugging the southern wall. With a word and a flick of his wrist the air around the kobold glitters with mage-light. Sar stops, says a few more words in an arcane tongue, slender fingers making gestures in the air quickly, he drops to one knee and puts his palm to the floor. Delicate blue arcs of energy shoot from the floor and dance around the kobold, swarming the little creature, nipping and slashing at it.

The mechanical stuff.

11. - Top - End - #11

As the koblod is standing there getting ready to use his sling on the intruders that just entered the hall, a light appears next to him and seems to frazzle him slightly. Then without any warning, daggers jet up out of the ground striking him directly, sending waves of pain through his body. Yelping in pain, he finally get's a chance to respond, but before he does more daggers jet out of the floor and strike him once more, this time causing even more blood to cover the kobold. Bleeding profusely he moves to the side, out of the location causing him alot of pain. Unfortunatly for him, he isn't able to competantly attack as he is rather out of it this round. Firing at the person who attacked him, his shot goes wide. A glue substance slowly crawls down the wall next to you. Seeing he is outnumbered and outclassed he retreats back into the shadows.

[His Movement, S, Attack, NW, W, NW, Taking cover in the shadows.]

Damion your up
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

We can't let him get away, he'll blow our cover!

Rushing over from the stairs to the edge of the slime filled pit, Markus acts as if he's about to leap over the glowing green substance, until the last minute; twisting around on one foot, he flings one of his shurikens directly at the hiding Kobold, hoping to silence him before any more damage is done.
    Last edited by Scintillatus; 2008-06-03 at 01:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Weaving through his fellow party members and stoping infront of the green pool. Damion re-draws his bow and lets fly two arrows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 6 squares W, 5ft from the edge of the green pool.

At-Will power: Twin strike(pg 105, PHB)
    Dex vs AC
    Attack rolls: (1d20+6)[8]
    (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage rolls: (1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[14] (I think I got everything)

EDIT: The form roller hates me .

EDIT2: I don't think I should have added Dex to damage.
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-06-03 at 05:15 PM.
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.

14. - Top - End - #14

As you make your way forward and attack, you are swarmed. Two come pouring out of the location the slinger retreated to. One runs forward and makes his way towards around the pool down towards Sardante. The other one from back there goes the other way and charges Damion, 5 points. One comes charging down upon Markus fron the other hallway, he is also able to connect with his spear, 7 points. Another slinger appears at at a gate to the side, and attacks Markus with another sticky orb, but lucky for Markus he is able to deftly evade the attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yer doin' it wrong lads... Ya need more style..." Jorizan says as he sidesteps adjacent to the kobold directly in front him, swinging his Glaive gracefully and knocking the kobold backwards a step. He then follows up stepping into the spot the stunned kobold just vacated... "Now listen here ya lil scaly son of a motherless goat. Ye be facin' ME, not any of tha' others, ya hear?"

16. - Top - End - #16

Ach! Scaly beasts! Ya be anathema to Moradin!

Kel moves closer to get a closer look at one before he asks for the might of Moradin to cast down one these...beasts.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

17. - Top - End - #17

Sar hops and dodges backwards, "Thanks for the cover!" over his shoulder. Summoning up arcane energies, he lets loose a frozen blast from his fingertips at the now scorched monster in front of him. Glancing over at his companions, Sar grins and draws his longsword.

Mechanics

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Spinning around to face this new, even more foul-smelling opponent, Markus draws one of his vicious short swords, twirling it around his hand. He dodges and weaves, looking for an opening, until he finally lunges forward and strikes.

"Over here! No, over here!"

19. - Top - End - #19

After being stabbed by a blade the Kobold still barely looking scratched let's out a yelp, followed by a few yips. The Kobold adjust there positions, the one on Sardante steps behind Damion to flank him. The 3 in melee all take the opportunity to attack there opponents while enjoying the benifits of combat advantage. Angry about the fact that he was just stabbed with a shortsword, he retaliates with such force against Markus almost knocking him over. 13 points Forgeting about the challenge issued by the dwarf behind him, th kobold attacks Markus anyways, unfortunately this causes him to miss severly.

The one that just moved into position behind Damion takes this opportunity to drive his spear into the side of Damion. 9 points

The other two slingers seeing an opening by the distraction of there friends attack again with sticky glue shots. With a cackle of glee both attacks hit there target immobilizing them where they stand.

With another yip from one of the skirmishers, all 3 of the kobolds in melee shift around again and back out of combat with there proposed participants.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-06-05 at 06:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

20. - Top - End - #20

"This just isn't my day." and with that he sends two arrows at the kobalt to his East.

Spoiler
    Show
    At-Will power: Twin strike(pg 105, PHB)
    Dex vs AC
    Attack rolls: (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage rolls: (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[1]

EDIT: Grrr!!!
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-06-05 at 07:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Why're these scalies still around? They shou' nah be here!

Kel moves inwards, edging closer to the kobolds so that he could unleash his God's fury on them.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

22. - Top - End - #22

"You... You got gunk on me!" Sar's eyes glow with built up power, fighting to burst forth. He crosses his arms above his head, his hair floating lightly on a breeze that isn't. Bright blue sparks fly from arm to arm."Freeze and shatter!" The now glowing wizard shouts, the hems of his clothing rippling in still air, he levels one hand towards the kobald that was the source of his distress, his sword arm towards one of the skirmishers harassing his allies. Beams of ice blue streak through the air, flashing towards their targets.

Breathing heavily, beaded sweat on his forehead frosted and melted, ice crystals shimmering gently in his hair, Sar kicks off the now cold-brittle glue which clung to him and the floor. Violet eyes sparkling, he straightens and stands tall in the light mist his arcane powers wrought.

Mechanics

23. - Top - End - #23

Once more the kobolds let out a few yips and adjust positions to flank again. The one with the gaping shortsword wound attempts steps in, attacks Markus, 10 points, and turns to run away. The one on Jori, steps over to provide combat advantage to his friend and then stabs Jori, 1 point, taking another step to a more defensible position he get's ready for the assult back upon him. The last skirmisher steps behind Damion gaining combat advantage against him and strikes, 14 points, then stepping back towards Sardante. The slinger attacks Damion, but barely misses his attack.

(Markus take your turn as soon as you can. everyone else is up again, and markus/damion may take AoO against the top one that is running, and i believe Jori get's an attack against the marked one that shifted)
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-06-07 at 09:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

24. - Top - End - #24

Takin' down the friends o' the friend of a God is a no-no!

Kel concentrates for several moments as divine light radiated out from him, healing those who needed it most with the graces of Moradin.

Then, with that out of the way, he turned his attention towards more...aggressive matters...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorizan shifts next to the kobold next to him, letting out a loud battle cry in dwarven hoping to keep his attention. He swings his glaive around dramatically, only to have the blade bounce off the ceiling and miss the kobold entirely.

Spoiler
    Show

The kobold laughs at Jorizan's missfortune and no longer takes him seriously. Later in life, Jorizan becomes depressed from his failure as a fighter and ends up drinking his problems away. One day, he decides to seek help and goes to the temple of Moridan, where they proceed to lock him in a cell to sober him up. This broke the little dwarfs heart and he prayed to Moridan for guidance. Moridan responded by telling him to give up adventuring and become a farmer. Jorizan did and lived happily ever after. The End.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Markus grunts in pain, but refuses to give in; stepping nimbly between Keldarm and the kobold. He slashes wildly, attempting to down the monster before further damage is caused to the group.

27. - Top - End - #27

The Kobold nearest Sardante takes a chance to strike at him, when the opportunity arrises. His aim is slightly off because he is more worried about Jori that Sardante. Angry that the little dwarf made him miss, he turns and attempts to strike him. Successful he stabs the dwarf in the upper arm, Almost making him drop his weapon, 8 points.

The one behind the bars takes this chance to attack and run. Slinging another bullet at the now healthier Damion, he get's a direct head shot. 5 points. He then turns and runs down the hallway to the north and turns to the right at the end and out of sight. (disregard him on the map )

ok everyone take there turn
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunting with frustration as the battle is not going his way, Jorizan tightens his grip on his glaive and swings it directly at the kobold nearest him, pushing him back and causing Jorizan to fill the gap.

He looks up at the other kobolds... "Who's next?"