New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

Turning his hood. The figure looks at the beings around him. They can't quite see his face. The only aparts that can be seen his his robe and the pale white gloves and the scythe.

More lives. How sweet. So who wishs to speak to Theontos.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

A massive bloated being crawls forth, it has hundreds of bony arms and legs, and is long and bulbous like a caterpillar, his skin seems to be made of pure darkness and cold, his legs and arms both serve to push him forward, and are all prehensile, but are clearly different. He has thousands of eyes about his form and many massive mouths, though his form is never fully revealed, and there might be many horrors yet about his form. He speaks, his thousands of mouths speaking in unison, each with a different voice, and for some odd reason when he speaks, so do his Xama. They all speak the same gibbering language, but it is clearly understood by all present. I am Vraikul, and I would speak with you. His bulk shifts forward, and he eyes the death-god slowly, and coldly, with analytical precision, taking in his form with exacting detail.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-01 at 09:58 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #33

Yes? What do you desire god? My work has just begun but I must finish it when and where anything comes to me for their final rest.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul responds coldly, his voice betraying no emotion, for he has none to betray. I would know of you, I would know everything about you. I desire knowledge, knowledge of all things, no more no less.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Ja'kay hears a message in a slightly robotic voice. ~You have reached Stredexon...or rather his answering spell. Whatever, leave a message. *Beep* "Message box full" *Beep* ...

Back on the beach, Strex eyes his creations. You gotta be kidding... You can't even defend yourselves from yourselves?! Just think if something were to attack y... no nevermind, ill take care of it. creating a small, vibration metal orb, Strex throws it far into the sea. A few moments later, a massive bulge appears in the water. a mixture of sand and water forms into a dragon of immense proportions. Its wingspan just over 3 miles. The sloppy mixture forms into a hard, soulless crystal which stands tall in the ocean and watches over the people.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

6. - Top - End - #36

The death god shakes, it turns out with laughter, as cold as space, and sounding like the dieing gasps of many a being.
    So sorry. That I can't do. What is death but the unknown? The knowledge of what I am and do in its entire will be forever unknown.
    With that Theontos disapress, as if he wasn't there ever, but his shadow over all things that live is still there.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Artefaxe

"Right, what next?" the Artist-God asked himself as he sat upon a peak on a comfortable rock. He gazed around, and spied a lake.

"Hmm...That'll do!" he exclaimed. He began at the edge of the lake, digging a trench for its shore to the edge of the cliff nearby. The water flowed over the side, pooling below and starting to flood a small valley.

"Umm....Oops?" Artefaxe said, and began his job anew, digging another river, one to empty out into the ocean.

"Falling water! I made it! First ever 'waterfall'!" the God exclaimed to all within earshot.

Which happened to be a group of Spellwolves and a giant dragon-thing.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul turns from the disappearing death god to Strex, his and the Xama's mouths speaking as one once more. And who, pray tell, are you, who brings such knowledge to my people, and gives so much to his creations. As Vraikul speaks he plots and plans on gaining the knowledge of Death, and as his bulk shifts forward, he encompasses the dead body of the Spellwolf, and passes it down to the darkness where the remainder of his bulk lies, betraying nothing, his movements obscured Knowledge is power he toned in his mind.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ja'kay was suprised to hear the strange message.

He returned to his world and began crafting various animals and plants.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, god of Duality

For the first time Volta spoke.

"So...so much creation"

His face shifted.

"So little destruction..."

He smiled.

"My creation shall be destruction, flying, not tied to the earth as all these new creatures are, not sapient, unlike the creations of the other gods, dead, but filled with the power to destroy armies. The perfect antithesis to the thesis of this world"

Volta's hand sunk into the shadows and with a yank pulled out Theontos.
    "What is there but is not there is mine, dear god. I mean you no harm, not you. I understand your domain is Death, and I assumed you might be interested in making a deal"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

11. - Top - End - #41

Ja'kay

As Ja'kay shifted the clay of life, molding it into one form after another, he felt a disturbance in the life force of his planate. He looked into what had happened with the thousands of eyes of Blackwings, and found a creature lying on the forest floor, blood pouring from an open wound. He approached that creature, and saw that the spark of life he had placed in it was gone. This cannot be! He thought. He reached out with his mind to the other gods, and then understood death.

What have you done?! Why have you created this?!” He screamed to no one in particular. His creations wouldn’t be infinite. Death had destroyed what should not be destroyed.

(OOC: As a side note, no other gods know what I’m about to say, so acting upon this knowledge is metagaming) He brought himself to the center of his world, to the deepest, darkest point in the entire land, and took from it a slab of metal. He would work it into a weapon to kill death. Yes…. A handle…. A blade… He said as he crafted the weapon. It consisted of a handle at the center of a semicircle of metal. He had the shape of the weapon.

He poured his magic into it, throwing in his creations. The blade would have life. It would speak, it would reason, it would kill. Finally, he was done.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 08:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Imp

Lord Sun continues in his divine work, paying little attention to the mortal planet. His power cruised over the sun languidly and took up position at the edges, creating birds of might and glory. Fiery beasts with might and power, granted eternal life through infinite resurrection. Lord Sun's newest creations took to the fires of his sun, soaring and rejoicing. For a moment, just a moment, Lord Sun remarked on the beauty of his newest creation and his heart smiled. But he soon went on and forgot the beauty which he had created. (Phoenixes)

Lord Sun decided his Efreet laboring at minimal task was shameful. They were mighty, mighty enough to be degraded by manual labor. So Lord Sun created for them the Salamanders, the Imps (fire mephits), and Fire Hounds. These would serve the Efreet well.

Now, satisfied for a little while, Lord Sun rested.
    Last edited by Cyr; 2008-06-02 at 08:12 AM.
    Brevity is the soul of wit

13. - Top - End - #43

Ja'kay

Ja'kay took his weapon, and began to plan how to kill Death. He decided on an indirect plan. (OOC: Ohhhh!!!! Foreshadowing :D!!!)

Ja'kay took his weapon to his Sons, and showed them how to make it, how to carve the stone or metal. His sons were more powerful than any animal. They would creatte tool, weapons, and use their intelligence. But most of all, every one of them would have a connection to him. They could chanel his power into spells. (OOC: Like clerics. Low level ones)

14. - Top - End - #44

About what? What can you offer me? You who is both alive and dead. (OOC:Because he is paradox that would fit him right?)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Ja'kay searched for Death. He knew it had struck, but whenever it did, it seemed to dissapear out into nowhere. He searched with his mind, probing the farthest stretches of the multiverse, but couldn't pin down where Death, Theontos, was. He had no choice but to resort to something he didn't want to do.

He probed out with his mind over the the multiverse, looking for, searching for, a cherry tree. He found one, not quite on a planate, but on something close enough. He went to the cherry trees, and waited.

(cue D_lord)
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 10:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The death lord came to the first to die and took the body. The soul followed him. The death lord took the body to a mountain and using the power of his mind created a castle and put the body their.

To guard his castle he created guard ants, large ant like creatures designed to proptect. To gather more of the dead and their souls he created the capture ants.

He also created the large war ants.

To promote war he created the orcs powerful blood thirstly creatures. He put them in four groups. One near a lot of bronze. One near a lot of iron, one protected on three sides by the sea and one in a land filled with the war ants.

17. - Top - End - #47

The sons of Ja'kay spread quickly through the land, and met the other two races already there almost immedietly. They learned their launguage, and proceeded to colonize this new world, building shelters and starting to hunt the wildlife.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, lord of Paradox
    Volta smiled.

"What I have to offer? Means to bring death to the creatures below. Large amounts of death. Death by the power of two gods, two! You, the bringer of death, and me, the bringer of... Well, I'm not sure yet. Death too, I guess. There's been too much creation going on. The scales are about to tip"

Volta opened his metal claw and on it was a speck of dust, a very small speck. You wouldn't notice it would Volta not want you to.

"Such a small thing..." he mumbled, "Capable of such great things... I just need you to infuse it with your power too. It will rain down from the heavens, travel the air and infest the creatures the others were so eager to create. Two creatures, together, but not quite in harmony. The creatures below will know our names and fear them. Fear is much like worship, I hear, only a thousand times stronger. It's the...evil counterpart, I hear. Interested?"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

19. - Top - End - #49

Mmm, this idea sounds intersting. Wait! Who is at my Cherry tree. Its too new. I only have taken a few souls. Sorry but I must go.

Theontos apress by the cherry tree.
    Get away from my tree, or you will not like what I'll do to you.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, master of contradiction
    "Very well. We'll speak again soon"

"Death... This is a rather strange obsession of mine. I was created. Created to create, at that. How... contradictory..."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

In order to ensure that his people were protected, the great Stellerex made the Ki-Rin, fashioning them out of clay. (Ki-Rin, of course) these Ki-Rin would protect the Bronzemen, and form their own societies. Ki-Rin were of naturally good alignment.The Ki-Rin watched over the Bronzemen like parents, despite being the younger.

Meanwhile, Stellerex had created an extreme, magical and supernatural tree which had three of Stellerex'es portfolios put into it with a magical, epic spell. Whoever ate from the Tree of Xafanadu would not die, would father or give birth to many powerful children, and have power over light. The Ki-Rin would live on Xafanadu, which would be magically seperated from the world, but connected to every race that would desire to gain its power.

Xafanadu had mystic wards placed on it. Only those who gained Stellerex'es favor could enter into it. The evil or wicked had to earn permission from Stellerex through both blood oath and a great work dedicated to Stellerex in order to earn the right to eat from the Tree.

22. - Top - End - #52

Imp

Lord Sun looks down on the mortal world on which he casts his light and decides he needs to carry down a message to his dominion. But he is far too busy with his creations to be bothered so he imbues his high priest, an Efreet with a modicum of his holy power. The High Priest, Torch, heads down to the Earth and settles in the daylight.

"It is cold here master," Torch whispers in prayer to Lord Sun.

I know, Torch. Do not be distracted by trivialities.

Torch whispers back, "Of course, Lord Sun, I am sorry to have disturbed you."

Torch searches for some time for a species to bring the worship of Lord Sun to.
    Last edited by Cyr; 2008-06-02 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fixed colors
    Brevity is the soul of wit

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, god of contrast
    In the middle of the nothingness above the young planet, there hung a single figure, Volta. He was simply watching over the events beneath. Suddenly his hand swung out as he swatted at something. A fly, maybe. Something kept rushing past him, slowly, almost unnoticably. It would take a god to see it's there, but every can see the consequences it makes. So small, and yet so great, much like the plague he was about to engineer.

The god reached out and grabbed that horrible, continous stream with both hands, one made out of metal, almost cutting into the stream, and one made out of flesh, caressing the gentle flow.

"What do they call you? Time? Hmmmmm. You flow onwards and onwards, like a long river, yet you never reach the sea. There has to be some division, doesn't there? A beginning, an end? Those do make such a beautiful contrast, and it's even nicer when every beginning is an end and every end is a beginning"

The god thought about this for a while, smiling.

"Yes, yes! I'll cut you up, make you temporary, as you were supposed to be! I'll give you a beginning and an end, and then another beginning, another end"

His hands quickly tore apart time as they divided it in millenia, centuries, years, months, weeks, days and hours. Volta let go, as he saw the first night fall upon the world below. His work. The separation of time, into many contrasts.

24. - Top - End - #54

(OOC: I assume, D Lord, that you have returned to your tree.)

Ja'kay stood there waiting for only a few moments before Death came into his precense.

Why have you created what you have created? Why must you destroy our creations? He asked in an accusitory manner.

25. - Top - End - #55

Zombie

Artefaxe

The Artist-God returned to work, carving more Erus from blocks of marble. Two, it seemed, was not enough. 50 was much more to His liking.

"Okay, let me see. Language: check. A copy of everything you need to know for basic survival: check. Intellect, free will, and pleasing forms. Check, check, and check again. Lifespan...um...call it..."

Artefaxe turned His attention to the divide Volta had wrought. He studied it for a moment, then returned to His creations.

"About two centuries sounds good, don't you think?"

"Actually, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd like more time." one of the Erus exclaimed. The Artist-God sighed.

"Two-and-a-half. No more." he conceded. Artefaxe then turned to a flat plain a distance away.

He commanded the Erus to move to this plain, going before them to make it suitable for His creations.

"Let's see. The lake goes there, the forest exists there...." He said, His ideas affecting the landscape.

"Right, that'll do once they get here." Artefaxe said, before He sat upon a comfy rock and began to write.

26. - Top - End - #56

Creation unending is foolish. There must be an ending. All I made is an ending and something that shows that endings come fast or slow. Life comes but it goes. My cherrys go from life to death so fast but are still here, year after year, forever. You can go on and create more, I can only make more of what I alread made. But ...
    Theontos graps his scythe and some how it semes to be big enough to cut away everything but no larger. He raises his head and you can't really see his face but two eyes glowing a strange pupplis-black.
    But what I am will still here forever and ever
    (OOC:Theontos can read the soul of those in his gaze, it can tell if their lieing and see through disgures and track the dieing.)
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-02 at 04:08 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

(OOC: fair enough.)

Ja'kay stood there for a moment, contimplating what he had said. It made sense once he saw it that way. Maybe he was wrong.

We shall see... Ja'kay said inconclusively as he faded away.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

When the body of the Spellwolf was in the shadows with the bulk of Vraikuls hidden form, he slowly slithered away into the darkness, and re-appeared in the center of the world. He looked around, silently surprised that the place that bore his markings was being used by another. He scuttled along on his bony limbs, and then screeched Who has invaded my home? The screech, though loud and ear splitting, held no fury or fear, merely the vague curiosity that was his constant companion in the dark and the cold, pushing him ever further. He looked around as his screech, a screech made by thousands of mouths, echoing through the worlds core, and raised an slab made of frosted obsidion, which floated in the air, and he gently placed the body on it, like a mother placing a child tenderly into his crib, curiosity evident in his bulging eyes, and he looked around again, wondering who had invaded his dark and cold home.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Obsidion is different than Obsidian in that its more... metallic, or perhaps that would rather be, more like steel or iron, its just black and always cold.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-02 at 05:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

How Dare You Meddle With Time! Tempo appears next to Volta. Time divided into parts. You are lucky that time still flows. As for your punishment, though I can't touch you, your creation will be frozen in time.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, bearer of the Janusface

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    How Dare You Meddle With Time! Tempo appears next to Volta. Time divided into parts. You are lucky that time still flows. As for your punishment, though I can't touch you, your creation will be frozen in time.
    "Ah, I was hoping you'd turn up. You're lucky I don't have a creation, or we'd have a problem"

Volta's metal hand briefly strokes Tempo's cheek and the god of duality smiles.

"Really, you shouldn't be displeased. I've just made it more interesting for you to measure. In return, I would like to ask you a simple question, which you will without a doubt be able to answer. What is the antithesis of time? What is it's counterpart?"