New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Dungeon Crasher

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Dungeon Crasher

Is there any way some one could post a link to the dungeon crasher or tell me the prerequisits(sp) and some class features?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they just drag you to their level and beat you in experience."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon Crasher

Dungeoncrasher is the name of two Alternate Class Features for the Fighter. To be a Dungeoncrasher, the Fighter gives up his 2nd level feat, and possibly his 6th level feat (if he wants to upgrade the Dungeoncrasher ability to do decent damage). The rules for these alternate class features are found in Dungeonscape.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    Dungeoncrasher is the name of two Alternate Class Features for the Fighter. To be a Dungeoncrasher, the Fighter gives up his 2nd level feat, and possibly his 6th level feat (if he wants to upgrade the Dungeoncrasher ability to do decent damage). The rules for these alternate class features are found in Dungeonscape.
    Thanks alot. Ill look for them.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they just drag you to their level and beat you in experience."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Basically, you give up a couple feats, and get an enhanced ability to break stuff, break people, and trample through traps.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    Basically, you give up a couple feats, and get an enhanced ability to break stuff, break people, and trample through traps.
    I like how it's not even part of an action. You do it as a part of your attack, so you can break people multiple times a rounds.

Do you guys think Shock Trooper is broken with Dungeon Crasher?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Well, the bull rush is a standard action, and thus would make it a bit difficult to do multiple times a turn without something like Shock Trooper to trigger free bull rushes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

IIRC, a bullrush is triggered for free whenever you hit someone when you have the Knockback feat. So, hit someone, knock him back into someone else, have them both fall because you get to trip them both. Then, smack them both since you tripped them thanks to Improved Trip, which lets you bullrush again for free, hopefully smashing both of them into a wall.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Best use of it is with a Large, or powerful built creature (Goliath), and take the following feats: Knockback (free bullrush on a hit), Shock Trooper (allows a free trip attempt when you bull rush one enemy into another and lets you bull rush diagonally) and Improved Trip (for the free attack when an enemy is tripped).
    Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.

9. - Top - End - #9

Put the brutal surge property on your weapon; triggers a free bull rush on a hit, and you don't have to follow to send them the full distance. It's treated in all ways as though you made the bull rush, so Dungeon Crasher would count.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Put the brutal surge property on your weapon; triggers a free bull rush on a hit, and you don't have to follow to send them the full distance. It's treated in all ways as though you made the bull rush, so Dungeon Crasher would count.
    No, it's not for free. It's a swift action unfortunately.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Do you guys think Shock Trooper is broken with Dungeon Crasher?
    Only when you combo with (as you mentioned later) Knockback.

... though it's a kind of broken that can be rather fun. Homer the Flaming Bowling Ball of Doom is one of the more hilarious melee builds ever conceived.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

12. - Top - End - #12