New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Supermen and Flying Machines: Operation Warlock

Jack Power

"I am." Jack opened the door and stepped out. "It's more fancy facilities than I've been used to, is all. A fine city you're having, to be sure!" he says, striding up to the man and clapping him on the back. Barely glacing at the clothes, Jack declared, "These are dead on, to be sure. Good man, good man. How much will they be costing, now?"

The man had evidently gauged both Jack's taste and means (or rather, his lack of both) correctly. The clothes were reasonably hideous: a dark green shirt with blue stripes, and brown pants in a style that was current perhaps five years prior. Both were slightly dusty, as though they'd been sitting in a storeroom for some time.
    Last edited by Jacob Orlove; 2008-07-02 at 11:09 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Duke Steele

As the sun set, the California Condor took to the air. With a rush of pnuematics and servomotors, Duke took to the air. The feeling of flight overtook him immediately, the steady stroke of the wings against the air, the rush of wind in his face.

This may be the best thing that's ever happened to me, he thought. I spent so much time behind a desk when I could have been flying.

He winged his way toward the rising moon and Hearst's castle at San Simeon. It took about an hour when he could see it below him, alight, a beacon in the hills. He started to glide now, slowly circling down, looking for the party.

There. On the terrace. He could see them now, a group of men and women, dressed to the nines, dancing, the orchestra playing a waltz. He folded in his wings and dove, falling fast out of the sky. About twenty feet from the stones of the terrace (imported from Italy, no doubt, at a hideous cost), Duke spread his wings wide and landed gently among the crowd.

"Good evening, everyone. Is Mister Hearst available?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thompson bit his lip, then opened up a kitchen window. He grabbed a spatula from the counter top, then tried to grab the block of whatever with both implements and fling it out of the window onto the low roof next door with his alien strength..
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Machival

"ah well... at least its the gents this time" thought mach as started to put his gloves back on.

he froze as he heard the sounds from outside. Machival jumped up through the sealing into the bathrooms ventilation system.. he swore as he noticed that he was missing a glove. Mach crawled to the nearest vent and peaked down into the men's room below and silently hoped that no one found his glove lying on the floor of the cubicle he entered through.
    Last edited by Machival; 2008-07-01 at 02:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Tzvetan Toronov
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avery Borson is unlike many of your staff in that he is not wholly lacking in vision, insight or backbone. When your former 2IC, Dr Rogers, retired due to ill health three years ago, Dr Borson was promoted to fill his place. You have no doubt that Borson could run his own lab, although he has never shown any interest in it.

We got a message from Grier, reminding us to ensure basic security procedures were followed. It seems strange that he'd bother for such a low priority project, unless it was just hazing the new guy. Anyway I expect you'll want to hear about the results..."
    Five of the amphibious exo-suits had been tested at the Monterey Facility. All five of them worked fine at depths of up to 45ft, and suits 1 and 5 reported no difficulties at depths of 55 ft. Suit 4's measurement equipment failed at about 20 ft, and recorded no data. Suit 2's pilot noticed a loss of the suit's limb mobility after descending to 48ft, and after retrieval it was confirmed that although the suit's limbs had been rendered useless, the propulsion system was still intact.
    Jack Power
    The man sagged visably, but recovered himself quickly. "I'll have to go and check. One moment, sir."
    Duke Steele
    Upon your arrival, the entire party fell silent, and then lapsed into panic and hysteria. Women screamed and faint, tables were overturned as people fled in panic and an elderly gentleman, his uniform festooned with badges, fired shots into the air before being grappled be a few of the staff. Calm in the middle of all this chaos, Hearst motioned for you to follow him and heads inside.
    Thompson Torque
    The package's wrapping came apart in midair, showering its contents over the sidewalk and road. The cloud of shredded material drifted prettily in the breeze and the smell gradually dissapated.
    Machival Turgenev
    From the ceiling, you saw your mark stuffing his coat into the bathroom's dented metal rubbish bin, replacing the bin's lid and sliding it over to the wall you had recently come through. Grabbing the attache case, he opened the tiny window that opened onto the alleyway and climbed onto the bin and then through the window.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jack Power

"I'll be waiting, then." Jack replied. And wait he did, glancing around the store for almost a full minute before he got bored. But what was there to do in the women's section? Wait, he had the number of that cabbie, a good man who could use more business. It didn't take long to find a receipt book and a pencil, and soon a fair few of the garments for sale had a slip of paper with the driver's number in their pocket or purse.

OOC: if the clerk takes a while to get back, Jack will start getting more 'creative' with the messages. Once the man does return, though, Jack will just buy the clothes and leave.
    Last edited by Jacob Orlove; 2008-07-10 at 12:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Default Tzvetan Toronov

Tzvetan takes one of the rolls of paper from near Borson and marches across the room with it, laying it across a pile of old, discarded documents. He absentmindedly sketches a gallows-like cog mechanism in the dusty paper as he looks at the results.

"That is within our predicted parameters, but slightly inferior to what we expected. What about suit three?"

8. - Top - End - #68

Duke Steele

"Ah, Mister Hearst, sir, sorry about the, uh, the commotion there. I really didn't think it would, well, be like that." Duke shuts himself up and waits for the great man to speak.