New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Lucky's Boys (E6, 3.5, D&D, IC)

Echoes from the rain above seem like mighty hits of hammers on anvils. The undercity seemed to radiate moisture. The party sits ready for their first assignment. A man who stands 7ft. tall havn't dark green eyes and grown hair that he keeps framing his head. His voice sounds wafts out of his mouth, as if a breeze as been kept in him just to let out, and even tho you know this language to be the common tongue of Newr, you almost could mistake it for high-elven "Alright, you! I have chosen you out of all my recruits for this assignment, don't mess it up ,or i'll have your heads." he flicks his hair back a little bit, you see a bit of a red sore on his left ear, like part of the tip was cut. "The Necromancer's Swath has had some....interesting happenings. All the Wizards are scared to go there, so, they are sending my boys. Guess what? Your my boys. The payment for this job is 500 gold each, plus you might, might mind you, have some favor with the wizards top-side. I would suggest getting a tour guide, but if you want to save your coin, then the swath is to the west." with that he turns with much grace around dropping a packet on the ground in front of all of you and leaves.

Packet Contents:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Commander Lucky,
    It has come to the attention of the DoTs that you have not been of any use. As it stands, there is a disturbance in the Necromancer's Swath. Go there, deal with it, or we will incinerate your entire organization.

With much intisaption,
    Horus Warok, Chief of the Divination of Trusts

p.s. Be warned there is a sect of insane monks there. Just so you don't get killed before I can have that pleasure myself, brother.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Lucky's Boys (E6, 3.5, D&D, IC)

Grainsalt leans back with his chair, his colorless eyes stays motionless. There is no telling what he might be looking at. His rapier is lying on his legs, not in it's scabbard.

Carelessly he starts playing with his ale, then let's out a huge yawn.
    "So, another round?"
    Last edited by mechanicalmarz; 2008-06-05 at 02:10 PM.
    - Click Me

Extremely awesomnic avatar by JasonDoomsblade

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya is worried. If the Boys get disbanded, there goes my quick money! I can't let that happen! This Necromancer's Swamp business has gotta be settled quick and well!

"I don't want the Boys to be disbanded," he says, stealing a look at the nonchalant man asking for another round of something, "so does anyone know anything about this swamp?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    He didn't catch the word "Swath" properly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I believe he said swath, my friend. The disbanding is a non-issue. If we assume that everyone here is here because they enjoy the cash this employer gets them, then we can assume we want to keep it alive.

Talm's blue eyes pierce towards the nonchalant man. "Though, I suppose that there will always be the doubters..." He turns away and waves with a mutter of "Unimportant,"

"The real issue is whether or not we hire a guide to get there. With a vague direction of West, we don't exactly have the best chances in the world to find it," he says as he brushes a hand through his black hair, which hangs in short dread-locks about his head, just barely too short to interfere with his sight.

"Right now, I'm all for finding someone who knows where this "Necromancer's Swath," is, though I'm not sure we shouldn't just pay them with their own life... Unless someone here has more knowledge than I about the location of the Swath?"
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-06-06 at 04:54 PM.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt leans forward, and though there is no sure way to tell, Talm is sure the rogue is looking at him.
    If we cannot even find the place ourselves, how do we expect not to be treated like dogs?"
    He then relaxes and leans back again.
    "I'm sure we can figure out something on our own..."
    - Click Me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya finds a suitable place to sit down to think for a moment. Package says there's been a disturbance at the swamp... no, swath. It's a necromancer's swath. What can go wrong? More undead? So now we need to check out what's going on there, and where it is. From his seat, he voices out to the others.

"I got to admit, I don't know where this swath is. Does anyone know? Anyone heard of this swath in the first place? It's a necromancer's swath, so... undead? Any plans? Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but in the package, the swath is capitalised, as in captial N and S. Maybe it's a sort of marked place on a map?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Dox is merely observing his future comrades talk among themselves,sensing who is who, in the "pecking order" of this organization.

"So,what we know is that it is in the necromancer swath we will be encountering some undead.luckily the undead are easy to trick, it is those living fellows that we will have to watch out for."Dox looks around the table a little..."while I am here, I might as well get to know you guys,...my name is Paan, simply Paan and my specialty is interrogation and negotiation however combat is not foreign to me..."

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know that this is not his real name...please use it until it is revealed to be otherwise "in-game"... Dox does not know if the walls have ears... besides I plan on revealing that he had an alias if the party proves trust worthy enough to be like family...
    Last edited by quiet1mi; 2008-06-07 at 08:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Fighter/Paladin will just hack you to bits

A Wizard/Sorcerer will just blow you up with a spell

A Rogue/Ranger/Monk will just kill you in your sleep

A Cleric/Druid will just squash you after buffing himself

A Bard will slowly twist your ethics, corrupt your morals, and make you do vile acts just for the chance to face him. When you fight him, he will have your family and friends fighting for him. For he wields the deadliest weapon against you and that is, his word against yours.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Well fellows, I be Grainsalt - he then "looks" at Fraeya and says very slowly G-R-A-I-N-S-A-L-T. I'm familiar with...everything my good men! Be it dragons or zombies, or just a purse to cut, I can handle it. with a satisfied smile he sips from his ale.
    - Click Me

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya stands up at the man's introduction. "Well, I'm Fraeya Fazil, an acolyte from the nearby church. But I'm really clueless about this Necromancer's Swath. Anyway, hope we'll all be able to get this job done quick and smooth." He then looks around, waiting for the others.

10. - Top - End - #10

Talm makes a small gesture towards himself, "I'm Talm. I was supposed to become some mages protector but... that didn't work out so well." He scratches the back of his head. "Anyway, I doubt that a map will have the place marked out so clearly, but there's no reason we shouldn't find out,"
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hanging off the rafters of the Tavern a halfling hands down his hair wild and unkept as he cheerfully, maybe too much so, speaks "Why 'ello, Did I hear Necromancer's Swath? Why would you ever want do go there? Can I assist? I'm part of the Tour Guides of Newr! Only 50 gold for a quick showing of the Swath! Plus an addional fee for any danger that starts near me.... So, any takers?" after speaking he lets loose her legs and does a front flip down onto the ground landing on his unsheathed feet with his hand out in front of him.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tialait View Post
    "Why 'ello, Did I hear Necromancer's Swath? Why would you ever want do go there? Can I assist? I'm part of the Tour Guides of Newr! Only 50 gold for a quick showing of the Swath! Plus an addional fee for any danger that starts near me.... So, any takers?"
    Fraeya is dumbfounded for a moment, opening his mouth, closing his mouth, then opening it again before deciding to close it one last time. Taking a deep breath, he says, "I don't want to ask. Yeah sure, 50 gold to get to the Swath sounds good."

13. - Top - End - #13

Dox is quite skeptic of the halfling, He lets a frown go through his emotional armor and says,"Now I wasn't born yesterday.What proof do you have that you are apart of the Tour guides of Newr,Let alone know anything about the Swath?How do we know that you won't just lead us somewhere and Rob us?"Dox Turns to Fraeya and says, "Don't you think that this is a little too convenient?who knows why he was really waiting here?"

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Tialait, My character is not the initial trusting type,given the fact we live in a city,where lies and half truths are sold for huge profit,and If the Rumor-monger is desperate, he will sell the truth for a discount.
    Spoiler
    Show

A Bard will slowly twist your ethics, corrupt your morals, and make you do vile acts just for the chance to face him. When you fight him, he will have your family and friends fighting for him. For he wields the deadliest weapon against you and that is, his word against yours.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Gotta agree with Paan on this one folks, but... he stops in mid-sentence drinking the rest of his ale, than let's out a happy sigh. Nothing like a good astraldust ale...anyway, where was I? Ah yes... with this he gets up from his chair and in a second he stands before the halfling, then with an ear to ear smile he crouches before the little creature, wrapping his arm around him, supporting his other arm with his rapier, while turning towards the others.
    Tell me my good man, why, how and since when have you been eavesdropping on us?. His grip on the halfling's shoulder gets stronger...

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate:/screwed up code
    Sense Motive:/screwed up code
    Last edited by mechanicalmarz; 2008-06-08 at 01:56 PM.
    - Click Me

15. - Top - End - #15

Dox will discreetly study the Halflings body language for any lies or half truths he tells while he is being "interrogated"

Spoiler
    Show
    sense motive - (d20+7)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The halfling shrugs "Ya'don't have to be mean about it, I was just waiting for someone to ask directions" he flicks back his unkept hair "My name is Rasputin, here's my sending stone, if you wanna contact the HQ and make sure i'm for real. Oh, and don't mind when they start laughing, they think me getting a case is funny...seeing how everone i've taken anywhere seems to get in trouble. Never know why they find it amusing" he hands a stone to Grainsalt it glistens with embeded stones "I will be needing it back ofcorse, but that is so you contact HQ..ya'see!"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt stands up, and for the first time he sheathes his rapier. He levels the stone to his eyes, and starts studying it with a childish curiosity.
    Let's see what does this do...

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Magic Device: (d20+2)[5]
    - Click Me

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Watching the halfling depart, Fraeya sighs a little sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1mi View Post
    Dox Turns to Fraeya and says, "Don't you think that this is a little too convenient?who knows why he was really waiting here?"
    "You know, I absolutely agree with you. 100% in fact. It's way too convenient. A tour guide out of nowhere, suddenly popping out to offer his services when we need it? But I think of where we are and who we are dealing with... And suddenly I don't find it that suspicious anymore. That's all." In addition, he thinks to himself: I only wish it were that easy, in fact...

Looking at the little stone that the halfling gave them, Fraeya continues asking, "So, we going to contact them? Or try our own way first?"
    Last edited by serow; 2008-06-08 at 08:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

But I think of where we are and who we are dealing with... And suddenly I don't find it that suspicious anymore. That's all."
    "That is a god point.Considering the fact that we are on a time crunch,can we afford to spend the time to find the place on our own..."Dox shrugs,"But...there is more of us than there is of him and we could just watch him to make sure that nothing goes awry... As an old friend used to tell me, "Paranoia is just a heightened state of awareness."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The stone glows and above it an image of a man in black robes and a scowl on his face appears, dark energy swirling behind him. The man glares at Grainsalt "I am Enigma, the Soul Crusher. Why do you summon my visage?" his voice seems almost elven, but echoes in the aether.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya moves a little closer to Grainsalt, who activated the stone. Asking Grainsalt softly, he says, "So, you going to ask him about the swath?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt raises an eyebrow.Yes...well we were just looking for company. He snickers a bit. No, seriously. We want to know if this is your guy he aims the stone in a way so the halfling can be seen to.
    Also some information about your...services would be appreciated too.
    After this he turns to the group and says loud enough that the visage can hear it too Soul Crusher...what kind of name is that? I'm sure it attracts all the tourists they can ask for...
    - Click Me

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma Soul Crusher glares at Grainsalt "Are you insinuating that I may be a homosexual prostitute?" his dark energies swirl around the image "I am in the business of crushing souls and making magical items out of the essence....not selling men or whatever this, rat, has told you."

24. - Top - End - #24

Talm tilts his head to the side and looks curiously at the halfling. "You..." he looks over to the image. "Work for him?" He looks back to the halfling. "I'm not to sure I want to be guided by someone whose boss crushes souls for a living..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Guided, get it? hehe... I'm childish
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-06-09 at 07:31 PM.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya shrugs a little at the image's words. "So Mr. Soul Crusher, do you provide traveling and guiding services as well?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Until this point Grainsalt's mouth was open, and he remained silent from the amazment. His voice is shaking a bit.
    My good sir...please, by any means, tell me about your "work"...
    It is obvious something made him very excited. Under his cloak he slowly runs through his fingers on every alchemical potion he has...
    - Click Me

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The figure smirks "I take trapped souls, crush them into pure essence, turning that into various magical items. But, you seem not to need that service, as for a tour guide, no..I don't do that. Maybe ask that halfling rat. He seems the type." his gaze burns into Rasputain, the halfling shakes "Yeah...I do tours...erm..mrsoulcrushersir"

28. - Top - End - #28

Talm blinks. Uh oh. Oh man. If that's not his boss, who did we connect to? And he crushes souls...

"Er, I'm sorry sir," he says to the image. "We were attempting to contact this halfling's employer, and seem to have crossed a wire somewhere," He gives Grainsalt a loaded look. "We're sorry to have bothered you,"

Spoiler
    Show
    The italics are inner monologue for my characters, fyi. Just in case. I don't want people responding to my thoughts. It's creepy .

Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-06-10 at 05:51 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt purposely avoids Talm's gaze.
    What sorts of items are we talking about? Where can I find your shop? Wh... - he looks around, noticing the cold stares of the group.
    Can I contact you later Mr. Soul Crusher?
    With this, he remains silent, but puts his hand on the halfling's shoulder, with a neutral smile. He crouches down, so he is face to face with the shaking creature.
    What are the chances you want to give me this stone and tell me everything you think I want to know?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate:(1d20)[2]
    - Click Me

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya sits back down on the chair, feeling a little disappointed. So it wasn't the right guy after all. Now what are we going to do? He looks at the lying halfling for a moment, keeping quiet. Looks like we're going to have to find some guide the old fashioned way.