New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Kick Ass comic

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Kick Ass comic

This comic is pretty awesome.

Seriously, the comic is quite graphic and tells a great story. Its not always that you can convince people to give comics a chance. Continuity makes comics impossible to approach but Kick Ass is so fresh and relevant. Oh and the viral campaign has been fun, they posted videos of a staged fight reliving a scene from the comic.

Here's the clip: YouTube - KICK-ASS CAUGHT ON CAMERA don't worry they were professionals.
    Last edited by yihdego; 2008-06-07 at 01:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Kick Ass comic

I traded ten Snes sports games for the first two issues and fifty dollars. I've read them about fifteen times each now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the third comes out, but I'm considering piratical internet adventures since nowhere within a six hour drive would sell it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

6 hours? Normally I would recommend supporting your local comic book store but do what you've got to do to get issue 3. Easily the most exciting one to date.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Kick Ass is like a joke where the punchline is that people actually pay money for it. It is the most soul-suckingly awful thing ever produced in this or any other medium.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Kick Ass is like a joke where the punchline is that people actually pay money for it. It is the most soul-suckingly awful thing ever produced in this or any other medium.
    You don't think you might be exagerating a bit here ?
    Granted the whole 'what would a super-hero be like in the real world' theme has pretty much been done to death, But Kick Ass is at least a competently put together variation on this theme. If not as brilliant as the authors appear to believe.
    That said though I'm buying it my mates, who nick my comics and read them, don't bother with it.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    the whole 'what would a super-hero be like in the real world' theme has pretty much been done to death
    That would be my concern if Kick Ass were a comic book that had anything to do with that.

Instead what Kick Ass is about is a retard getting beaten to death by Racial Stereotype __________, with bonus "Mark Millar is a 40 year old man who thinks mentioning Youtube every two panels makes him a totally happenin' dude".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Good point
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem