New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Planar Olympics (IC)

The Setting:
    Greenridge: A small hamlet of tenets dwarfed by a larger ghost town. Located on a dry plain 20 miles inland of Dross's western administration center, Lynx, Greenridge was named after the area's thin copper ore, not grass. Nearly all trade to and from Lynx comes and goes by river to the north and never sees this place. The land is just a touch too dry and monotonous for nobel estates, and the herding nomads usually frequent the village of GoldWell 10 miles east, or Leavening 15 miles to the south west. No one comes to Greenridge ever, except for a single month every third year. Every third summer Pogin's Grand Fair sets up camp in Greenridge and showcases exhibits of magic, creatures of myth, and shows of uncommon skill. The nobility come to socialize at one of the few events worthy of their attention. The middle class spends months saving to come see wonders in relative safety. The peasants come flocking to sell their goods to a horde of well-to-dos who find themselves in the middle of no-where far from home: that and for the chance to see the few freebies available. For one month ever third year Greenridge swells from 200 to nearly 5,000. This is that month.

Although the fair only lasts five days, people have been coming for weeks to renovate the town for the influx of wealthy patrons, set up the venue, and to sell food to all the workers. Anticipation has been building up to this moment: yesterday, with great fanfare and a little show, The Fair opened. Today the grounds are covered with creatures of all types, sizes, and colors. Some are performers, like the goblin who's wearing a clapboard sign that says "information: 1cc" and juggling daggers while standing on the back of a strolling worg. Others, like yourselves, are Olympic hopefuls attracted by the special qualification event being held. There are also a few very rich and powerful creatures, like the huge blue dragon, that are patrons of the arts and rumored to have come to personally sponsor a Planar Olympic Team. A small awestruck crowed is watching (from a prudent distance) the dragon conversing with an equally massive cloud giant clad in finery that would make some kings envious: probably also another patron.

Things to do:
    Everywhere you look people are selling. Food, metal work, art, and even minor magical items. Street performers are standing at every third corner, and pavilions promise fantastic shows to anyone willing to cough up the gold. The standard games of chance or skill line the fair ground offering prizes all sorts to winners and a few rides to boot, but four of the contests are a little different. Four of the contests give the right to compete in (or free viewing of) the Olympic Trial events held latter in the week.

The first unusual event is something called Whack-a-Rat. The second is Zigly's Animated Shooting Gallery. The third is Henry's Obstacle Tower, and the forth is something called Barrel Shootout. Beyond the names and the knowledge of the basic rules of the official qualification events you know little.

Where You Start:
    Alexis: You find yourself standing just outside the Southeast gate leading into the formal Fair Ground Proper. It is also the only gate that opens up straight to the desert and not to the town of Greenridge, and as such is relatively uncrowded. On your left is a large sun-bleached sign covered in relatively small writing titled "Fairground Rules and Regulations" ((Is your animal companion with you our 'parked' someplace outside?))

Hallia:
    You try to step out of the crowed that is flowing in through the eastern north gate and have a flying piece of manure narrowly miss you followed by a jovial "Sorry!" You realize you are standing perilously close to a stockade in front of which venders are selling spoiled eggs and vegetables, rubbish, and ripe manure to through at those petty criminals who have been placed in the stockade. There are only three in the mostly empty stockade, but it's still early in the day. The stockades are located in front of a large heavily reinforced building with a sign stating "Fairground Criminal Detention Center."

Cac-kt:
    Outside the western North Entrance you pause beneath a large defaced sign that might have at one point said "Rules and Regulations" It had been noisy, but the surrounding crowd grows suddenly quiet as two halfing children a few feet away pipe up "Wow, you're big. What kind of big bug are you?" Some faces look hungry. Others look nervous and apprehensive.

Reesh'k:
    You carefully make your way through the western North Entrance, trying not to let any of the jostling crowed push through you, when your confronted by a pair of brazen salesman: a Dromite standing on a cart pushed by a burly Half-giant. The Dromite immediately starts giving a fast sales pitch for a spicy chicken sandwich with ale, when a wave of silence from the rear engulfs you leaving everyone staring at a pair of Halfling children and a Thri-Kreen. ((I'm assuming you're disguised as some medium-sized humanoid. Please tell me what exactly you're trying to look like))

Go.
    Don't worry about meeting your companions (they aren't your companions yet and you'll likely run into them and other flavorful characters naturally anyway). It's about 10:30 in the morning. It's a fair. Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask question either IC for information or OOC for clarification.

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Olympics (IC)

Selene stays close to Alexis as she walks. Alexis forces her pet to be on her best behavior, she may not be the strongest beast here today, but she still causes the peasants a bit of unease.

Alexis approaches the sign and reads it.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Reesh is taking the guise of a human wearing a bright red and gold jacket, wielding a cane and a formidable handlebar moustache. If anyone bumps into him, he can bump back with his racial telekenetic force ability, making it so people do not keep walking through him. He uses this ability to look "real" as he manipulates objects with his "cane" or "hands"

He may take other guises during the course of the campaign.

Reesh dismissed the salespeople as unimportant. He did not need to eat or drink, not conventional food anyway. He loved the inherent curiosity of children. Reesh leaned on his illusion cane and waited to see how the "bug" would react.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

ooc: Fixed the arrows, changed my alignment, (Chaotic... funtime) haven't ditched any magic items yet.

ic: Hallia grabs a handful of rotten fruit, and saunters over to the first criminal. "Know where Henry's Obstacle Tower is?" he whispers. "I'll let you out if you take me there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fixed sheet and put on prepared spells.
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

And the plot starts to roll...
    On Color: I'm not reserving anything but am using whatever is convenient. I'd rather colors be used by multiple PCs than for someone to use a hard-to read color.

Also, For future reference OOC stuff like sheet fixes should be posted in the OOC thread.

Alexis
    It's quite a list, the sign is. It appears to have been written and posted at least 20 years ago, and the 'rules' are mostly standard. Most of it is common sense: thievery/swindling/etc is prohibited, inflicting bodily harm/murder is prohibited, and so forth. A few of the more interesting points and things that might effect you:
    Spoiler
    Show

*Magical curses shall be considered bodily injury.
    *Persons who inflict injury or thieve must pay thrice the cost in reparation or forfeit body and/or soul to auction. Repeat offenders may, at magistrates discretion, forfeit additional possessions of no limit up to including body and soul.
    *All creatures with an Int of 4 or less must have a guardian who takes full responsibility for said creatures actions.
    *No creature of Gargantuan size or larger is permitted in the fairground.
    *Poisons must be licensed. Possessors of unlicensed poison may be required to consume said poison.
    *Flying is probated without license.
    *All sales and transactions must be made by a licensed salesman and subject to tax.
    *Injury inflicted to assist in the apprehension of a criminal shall be fined no more than equal cost, a cost which may be waved at a senior officers discretion.
    *Scrying of any form is prohibited and subject to fines up to double cost of admission to all fair ground events.
    *Evil and Chaotic Outsiders as well as undead must register prior to entry. (this list has been expanded with many now illegible margin scrawlings)
    *Blood and flesh of any sentient forbidden except as relates to criminal disposal.
    *Conjured food may not be sold.

There are many many more items on the sign. Many are illegible, some are repetitive, and a few like the prohibition of painting fixed structures yellow are just silly.

As you read the sign a small crowed of peasants begins to form about 10 ft away to ooh and aw over Selene. Your pet may make the crowds uneasy (and stay a few steps further back) but she is still exotic enough to be considered a (free) exhibit by the lower class.

Reesh and Cac-kt:
    Cac-kt scarcely has time to look at the halfling children before a very worried female scoops up the kids and drags them deep through the crowds away from the Tri-Kreen while pleading "No Harm! They meant no harm!" As the crowed starts to resume it's usual movements the salesmen move on and latch on to a new prospect. However, Reesh's respite is short: seeing a stationary man of means two different sales men and a beggar soon converge: "Mister! A coin for a rummer?" "My Good Man! You would look dashing with a ceremonial blade, which I just happen to have..." "Sir, embroidered silk handkerchief? Only 2 gold!"

Hallia
    "HEY! Where's my copper?" The vender shouts as you start to walk off with a wormy apple and squashed beet. The commotion causes a bored looking human and half-orc clad in scale-mail and armed with assorted gear, guards likely, to look over at you. The first criminal, with a sign on his neck saying "Petty Pickpocket: 6 hours" to smile widely. "A gold says you'll be joining me before my times up. But bring me a mango and I might remember..." (A sign half a block down advertises "Exotic Quality Produce")

Leosera
    "HEY! Where's my copper?" The cry breaks through and startles you from where you were as you were approaching what passed as the fair's judicial headquarters. After all, who knows better than the law where events are held and what the moral state of the community is? So far the most unusually part of the call is that it is only the second accusative cry you've heard today: most major market districts and events have much more frequent cries...
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-06-10 at 09:23 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis
    Alexis notices the people around her and says, "I'm sorry, but Selene doesn't know how to do any tricks. She's more of a fighter than many of the men you'll meet, maybe even some of the women."

Alexis squats and tells Selene, "We have to be on our best behavior today. No hurting anyone unless I say it's allowed. And stay close." She pets Selene, stands up, and walks with her into the fairgrounds to look at some of the games.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-06-10 at 10:03 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Leosera

Fighting off the urge to rush through the crowd and apprehend this despicable criminal, Leosera convinces himself the thief will be caught by one of the many guards and authorities present, and continues his lazy gaunt about the grounds. Proudly displaying his Kingdom's emblem on his sapphire cape, and smiling at the common 'dirt' girls whenever he stops to look over some eye catching cloths, metals, and various art works. (Which personally interests him more than food.)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to try to find a certain thing though. Some kind of regional specialty, specific artwork. Perhaps a painting of a local land form or sculptureed bust of a beloved Noble.
    (1d20+0)[9] Spot Check
    Last edited by TheCleric; 2008-06-11 at 12:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Cac-kt watches the halfling woman dragging the children away, and calmly walks over to the woman, and picks her up in one clawed hand, and the children in another...and speaks, first to the children, then to the mother, and finally to the children again:

''I am Cac-kt, and I am not a bug. Just like you are not a little monkey. I am part of a race known as the Thri-keen, and I come from the barren wastelands of Catakarch!thania.

Now, humble woman...I was not harmed by the small fleshlings, neither physically or emotionally. I quite enjoy talking to little ones. I have few friends.

Ah, but you have not introduced yourself, fleshlings. What are your names, children?''
    He says, holding them up to his face as he speaks. He doesn't, however, speak in a threatening tone of voice, rather, speaking slowly, and carefully, like one would to a simpleton.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-06-11 at 11:46 AM.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

"A mango, eh?"
    Casually flipping a gold piece at the vendor, Hallia walks over to the Exotic Quality Produce store. Two mangoes, please."

11. - Top - End - #11

Reesh looks as the "bug" picks up the halfling woman. He sheds his cloak and disappears into the crowd. As the cloak seemingly dissolved into thin air, a short, dirty halfling (Reesh taking on a different form) comes out and approaches the Thri-keen.

Brandishing a rusty looking short sword,

Oy! Wot's all this then? That's me sister yer messin wit. Put er down for I cut ya!

Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise check
    (1d20+34)[42]
    and bluff
    (1d20+22)[38]

OOC: Reesh loves messing with people in this fashion. Get used to it.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-06-11 at 09:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis

The crowed disperses somewhat at the news that no tricks will be performed, but clomps of 3-6 individuals keep appearing to watch you and your companion for a short while before moving on. One battered individual comments "I'd hate to tangle with that beast! Those monsters they unleashed in whack-a-rat were bad enough, no sir!, No more fighting for me!" as he drifts away. Anyway, you find games easily enough: Not 100 feet through the gate you come across a simple games of basket toss and a dunking booth.

Leosera

You don't have to worry about seeing stuff for sale: The venders all see you and are quick to cry out their marvelous goods. You soon find yourself contemplating a simple, yet elegant, painted wooden mask complete with feathers (5 gp) and a fine crystal dagger that you are assured is of the highest quality (masterwork) and available on sale for 250 gp. Make an appraise check to confirm value, and/or a gather information check to learn about other quality items for sale.

Hallia
    The rotten fruit vender stares dumbfounded and silent at the gold coin. He turns it over as to make sure it's real, before greedily pocketing it. Further down the street the mangos, being semi-exotic, are selling for 1gp each. If you buy, the vender immediately tells you a 10% discount is available on all purchases of 10gp and more, and would you like anything else?

Cac-kt
    The woman starts to panic as you follow, but even so your longer legs allow you to easily catch up. She doesn't calm down when you pick her up, but rather starts screaming. One child looks at you silently and wide-eyed, but the other energetically says: "I'm Flounder! You're weird. Have you always been a bug?"

A crowd starts to gather to watch the commotion, but only an other halfling attempts to interfere...

Reesh
    Play on! Just give me a hide check to see if the merchants who had been talking with you notice your unnatural disappearance.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

OOC: Ok, then. I would take 10 if it were allowed, but I am probably rushed, so.
    (1d20+14)[20]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Leosera

Leosera examines the mask, taking it down from where it's mounted (if it is) and examining it's woodowork, it's grain, flipping it over, gently going over the feathers, and weighing it in his hands.
    "Is this an antique? Did you carve it? Is it crafted of native lumber? Is it a replica of aboriginal designs?" He questions rapidly, not giving the man time to fully answer.
    "It's exquisite nonetheless! I'll take it. 5 gold pieces? Here's 5 and 6 silver. Treat your Mrs. to something nice. Leosera drops the coins in the merchant's hands and smiles at his new purchase, playfully putting it over his face before sliding it up on top the top of his head to look at this beautiful dagger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appraise Check (1d20-1)[17]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman starts to panic as you follow, but even so your longer legs allow you to easily catch up. She doesn't calm down when you pick her up, but rather starts screaming. One child looks at you silently and wide-eyed, but the other energetically says: "I'm Flounder! You're weird. Have you always been a bug?"

Cac-kt

Delighted at making a friend with the young halfling, he replies: ''Indeed, young fleshling, I have been a bug all my life, and probably will be for the rest of it. I am pleased to meet you, Flounder. Do you know how to make your mother stop screaming? I fear she may damage my ears.''

When the grubby halfling man joins the frey, Cac-kt merely attempts to pick him up as well, so as to see him better while speaking. ''Forgive me, dirty fleshling. I was merely looking and speaking to the little ones. I don't intend to fight you, if possible.''

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, what checks do I need to make? That'll be a spot vs. your disguise: spot - (1d20+6)[21], a sense motive against your bluff: [roll=motive]1d20+2[/roll], a melee touch attack to start a grapple (assumeing you don't want to be picked up) touch - (1d20+12)[27], then grapple - (1d20+12)[26]. I'm not going to deal damage with the grapple, merely lift you up. Oh, if you want, take an attack of opportunity when I grab you.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-06-12 at 03:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

"Just the mangoes."
    He places the money on the (counter?), eats one of the mangoes, and walks back to the Pickpocketer. "Now what do you want? The mango or the manure?" He grins broadly.

17. - Top - End - #17

Ah, is tha 'ow it's gonna be, then?

The halfling, with alarming speed, leaps up and does a somersault over cac-ck's arm. Swinging his sword, he descends upon the bug, first slashing forward and returning with a back thrust.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Attack of Opportunity: (1d20+1)[11] (actually 20)
    Damage if it connects: (1d6)[1] and hammer power as a swift action if it does hit (1d8)[2] against your touch AC.

During Reesh's round, spend 5 power points for recall agony (will save half DC 21) for (3d6)[10]

Edit: First roll should have been + 10, not +1. The grapple automatically fails.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-06-12 at 08:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the dunking booth, Alexis is amused. "How much to play?", she asks the vendor.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-06-12 at 08:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

''Krt! Why do you attack?''

Cac-kt swings his free hand at the little man again, being careful not to shake the halflings in his grasp.

Spoiler
    Show
    claw - (1d20+12)[19]
    damage - (1d4+4)[6]
    bite - (1d20+8)[28]
    damage - (1d6+2)[7]
    If the bite hits, Cac-kt injects poison through the bite, and you must make a fortitude save DC 13 or suffer (1d6)[6] dexterity damage. One minute later, same save against paralysis.

Oh, and will - (1d20+11)[26]

Note, if a 14 hits your AC, the bite damage is 12.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-06-13 at 05:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

20. - Top - End - #20

The halfling dodges the claw easily. However, the bite is sure to hit. Sure, that is, until the thri-kreen's bite closes on thin air.

Ye just aint gettin it are you! Put 'em down, an' I wont hurt ya anymore! Now!

Spoiler
    Show
    Suggestion DC 21
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-06-13 at 04:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Spoiler
    Show
    wil - (1d20+11)[31]

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

22. - Top - End - #22

Spoiler
    Show
    Stop rolling high numbers for your will saves!
    This is a slow fight, but it's nice to know reesh isn't losing horribly.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

''What manner of trickery is this?'' Cac-kt says, astonished that his bite failed to connect, and then tries to grab the pesky halfling again.

Spoiler
    Show
    AOO for starting a grapple, blah blah blah. touch - (1d20+12)[31] if sucessful, [roll=grapple]1d20+12

If unsucesfull in grabbing the 'halfling', then he runs ten feet in any direction, before attempting to jump to safety, still holding the halflings.

Spoiler
    Show
    jump - (1d20+59)[75]
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-06-14 at 01:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy...that is some jumping roll! Of course, the grapple fails automatically again.

The halfling squats low and springs upward with amazing efficiency towards Cac-kt A voice voice that doesn't seem to come from anywhere chimes in.

Oh-ho, a tough one! This is too much fun to pass up, though I must ask you to stand still.

Something seems to be pulling at the Thri-Kreen, interrupting his jump.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another will save time! This time DC 21 save or be affected by my natural telekinetic force ability. If you fail, you will be suspended 10 feet above the ground.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis
    The man distributing balls replies: "Of course you do! Two coppers grants you 3 chances, or if you're daring a single try for a single coppers. Just get in line if you wish to take a turn..." His hesitate briefly as he finally notices Selene. "Only... er... it might be best if your cat waited over their..." he finishes pointing to a shady spot 30 ft away from the line of paying participants. The line currently has 4 people standing in it.

Leoera
    Right, so a successful (untrained) gives 50-150% of an items actual value:

The mask is the real thing, but the dagger appears to have been mislabeled. It's actually glass. It might make a fine centerpiece and is certainly sharp, but one bad strike and it would shatter. That dagger isn't worth more than 25 gold.

Hallia
    It was an exceptionally juicy mango. Great taste.
    The thief grins. "Ah, a mango would hit the spot! Put her there to grease my voice." the pick-pocket says opening wide.

Cac-kt & Reeh
    As you fight the crowed stops to watch. The dromite/halfgiant see profits jump as people absently buy food to munch while cheering the halfings on. The woman squirms (probably ineffectively) trying to escape.
    Womans Escape Artist - (1d20+1)[11]
    Laws Spot - (1d20+23)[39]
    With a slight pop a medium sized winged humanoid appears holding hands with a human and dwarf guard. "HAULT TROUBLE MAKER'S You're..." the winged creature begins before realizing only the armed halfling is present. With a brief pause it follows the gaze of the crowed to the leaping Cac-kt. "STOP CRIMINAL, AND PUT THE HALFLINGS DOWN, GENTLY!" it calls as it takes flight.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-06-14 at 05:23 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis is a little annoyed, but she leads Selene to the Shady spot and tells her to stay put. "I'll take six balls.", she says to the vendor. She hands over the money and waits in line.

OOC: So, roll thrown attack rolls?
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[27]
    (1d20+10)[20]
    (1d20+10)[29]
    (1d20+10)[21]
    (1d20+10)[18]
    (1d20+10)[29]

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

ooc: Nice avatar, PD!

Hallia

Hallia places the mango in his mouth. "Now, where is this Obstacle Tower?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Spoiler
    Show
    will - (1d20+11)[21]

Not realising he's now on the run from the law, Cac-kt lands, and jumps again, whilst trying to keep a grip on the struggling halfling, and grabs his sheild off his back with his other hand.
    ''It's OK, fleshling. We'll be safe in no time.''

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple to keep ahold of the woman: grapple - (1d20+12)[27]
    Jump check: jump - (1d20+58)[66]

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis
    Of the four people in front of you, 3 purchased 3 tries and one a single throw. Two of them manage to hit the target, but none on the first throw. When you're up the man in the booth happily at you while wringing out a soaked vest and balancing a dry stray hat atop his wet head. The balls aren't perfect throwing implements(-2), and the distance is a little long (-4) but you still manage to peg the diminutive target (AC 9) on your first toss. With a splash he goes completely under, except for one hand which somehow was holding his still mostly dry hat. You get back in line, and when next up the dunked man takes one measured look at you before hanging his (still dry) hat on a hook. He gives you a smile, and once again you sink him on try #1.

("3-balls" meant "3 attempts to hit")
    "Lady, with an arm like that you should make a try Zig's Shooting Gallery." The man comments as he climes back up onto the dunking stool.

Hallia
    I believe you ought to make a diplomacy check about now, with a +2 DM Good Role Playing Circumstance Bonus.

Cac-kt
    Err, by RAW grapple rules that action is impossible, but for the WOW factor I'm using DM privilege to write an amendment: A creature grappling another creature one size smaller may chose to carry that creature at normal speed with a -10 penalty. This action requires the use of 2 arms. So, using 2 arms to hold the struggling woman, one army to hold the non-struggling children, leaves you with exactly one free arm. Even at that penalty you still hold the woman (this turn), but will need to make grapple checks every round you wish to hold on.

Anyway, the flying constable screams again: "HOLD FAST" as soon as you land again. Your muscles try to lock up in response. (DC 17 will)

Reesh
    The human starts to interview the crowed for details, and the dwarf approaches you with a drawn flail. "Now Sir, we have a lot of rich patrons here who dislike fighting: if you have a complaint it's best to approach one of us. Now, kindly accompany us back to headquarters so you and your fleeing friend can have a little chat about proper conduct before the magistrate and assign blame. I strongly suggest you come quietly: It gets very expensive if we have to go chasing after you."
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-06-16 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Why oh why can't I get spelling right on the first try?

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

As long as ye get tha bug, well, I'll come quietly.

The halfling dropped the sword. He had been in these situations before, and he got out of those too. Everything would work out. It always did.