New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Planar Olympics (IC)

Hallia

I'm gonna look for one of the other qualifier events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallia:
    You push past the man who wanted to buy your dart and then pause to desipher the map: you're able to find the locations of each of the other special events as well as a couple shows. Name the envent you go to next (any) or else a type of entertainment you'd wish to see. Oh, and make a spot check.
    Random encounter - (1d100)[13]

Alexis: Exotic Boarding is exotic in every sense of the word. People pay gold to keep animals away from crows. Even more people jostle to ooh and awh over the contents. But what's inside? Almost everything, except horses, ponies, and livestock, and riding dogs. A half dozen skilled workers attend to to a dire-bear, hippogriff, assorted wolves, a massive snake, a lioness, and what appears to be a pair of bison. Somehow the assorted workers are keeping everything somewhat content and calm without anything eating/mauling anything else. That might have to do with the foreman, who is a large dragon.

The Cleric: (3d10)[9] minutes of searching later you find a traveling information worker who sells you a map. Each special event, the shoping districts, unique shows, and eating establishments are all noted. Where to? Random encounter - (1d100)[16]

Cac-kt: Adding to your confusion is the previous visitor to the magistrate, a half-elf who is just outside on a wide stone porch where he is penned to the ground and screaming as several flasks of substance are being poured down is throat. "Come on, drink up. Even if we can't prove you're the assassin possession of poison without license is still illegal. Now hold still and drink up."

The current justice looks up as the halfing woman rushes forward babbling: "Oh, sir! This aberration assaulted us and tried to eat my children! It was horrible! Kill it before it strikes again! Oh Oh Oh! Please I ..."

With a slight role of his eyes he looks at the winged patrole man who simple states: "Disruptions of peace and forced abduction (minor): possibly reckless combat, fleeing arrest, and assault too. I'm off to collect the second party." Before disappearing. The justice looks again at the hysterical halfing, the giggling child, the crying child, at you, and then back at the halfling before banging a mace for silence.

"Well?" he asks you.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-07-23 at 09:24 AM.

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis examines the area to see if it would be comfortable for her pet to stay there. If it is, she asks for the price.

OOC: Also, is it a larger-than-average dragon, or a large size category dragon?
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-07-23 at 08:25 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Gonna hit the unique shows section, sounds interesting.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

Spot: (1d20+1)[17]

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK-A-RAT!

On the way (search if applicable: (1d20+4)[22]) I'm looking for a wand of Cure Light Wounds.
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Cac-kt nervously looks around, his instincts telling him to flee, but he quelled those instincts. If he was to get out, he'd have to proove his innocence. Mentally going through the halflings and the winged mans accusations, he tried to address them all.

"I don't think I assaulted anyone. I was just trying to talk with Flounder here," Cac-kt reaches forward and picks up Flounder, holding him high to show everyone. "Then that fleshling" gesture towards halfling woman, put down Flounder. "tried dragging Flounder away, worried that he was going to hurt me." With that, Cac-kt clicks his mandibles together a few times. "I don't know why she thought that. He's so little, I could've hurt him. I tried to pick up the larger fleshling to better speak with her. Suddenly she was screaming, and her mad brother came out from nowhere and attacked us. I did try to protect myself and the fleshlings, but her brother was like a ghost. His sword wasn't though. It hurt." Cac-kt then presents one of his wounds on his arm for inspection. A blob of purple blood drips off. "To try and protect the fleshlings, I tried to loose him. Then the winged fleshling appeared and started chasing me. I kept on trying to run, in case he was friends with the mad fleshling. I think I accidentally dropped the larger fleshling, and the winged one caught us. After he talked to us, I came with him." after a breif pause he adds: "I didn't mean to do anything wrong, and I didn't hurt anyone. I tried to hurt the mad one, but just a little, but I couldn't."

Looking around hopefully, Cac-kt sees the half-elf being force-fed poison, and his gaze lingers there.

"Is having poison bad?"
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis:
    It's a (size category) large dragon (17 ft long, 7 ft of body + 4ft neck/head + 6ft tail). The dragon has dark yellow scales with a greenish tint and webbed claws. It's probably not native to this desert area.

The area is a little better than an alley, and has other animals in the vicinity instead of inquisitive tourists. Skilled animal handlers are also on hand to keep both the animals and overly inquisitive tourists in one piece. Pricing for a large carnivore is 3 gp for the first 2 hours, and an additions +3sp for each additional 2 hours. (4.5 gp upfront, reimbursement when you come for pick up). Feed is available if requested, and is 8sp/lb for meat.

"If you want to leave your animal I'll handle paperwork while boss settles the critter in." A human in studded leather tells you.

Leosera
    You pass a traveling performer, a goblin, who is juggling bottles while standing on a moving worg. "Juggler coming through!" the worg calls as he strolls past. This street seems to have a greater concentration of the well-to-do strolling along it as well as more gaudily decorated buildings and pavilions. Minor shows here appear to last 20 minutes and run every hour, major events run 40 minutes and run twice a day.

There are two minor shows starting up in (2d10)[20] minutes, and a major show coming up in (3d10+10)[23] minutes. Other simple shows of aspiring performers can be seen for a few coppers.

Simple shows:
    -many, 1-3 cps to see. Includes minor local 'monsters' who demonstrate powers for gold, fire breathers, aspiring performers, strong men, and others of mediocre skill. Great fun for the poor and budget challenged, utterly beneath the nobility.

Minor Shows:
    -The Jester's Magicless Tricks, 2sp Admission. A master of sleight of hand who's powers rival the arcane!

- The Bubbling Brook Acrobats, 2.5sp Admission. See this famous Halfling Troupe today.

Major Shows:
    -Battle of Nail Hill Reenactment, 5gp. Watch men and beast clash to accompanied music and magical flair.

Hallia:
    Pick Pocket - (1d20+7)[25] Law Spot - (1d20+4)[7] including distance/cover penalties.
    You arrive at Wack-A-Rat and discover you 'dropped' your honorary dart somewhere along the way.

Whack-a-Rat!
    Prove Your Skills and Win a Prize

Try for 6sp or view for 3cp!
    Grand Prizes: Free Attendance or Participation at Olympic Trial Obstacle Courses plus the rat or comerative dart.
    Standard Prize: Rat or dart only.
    Complimentary Healing provided.
    Grand prize awarded for killing your rat within 10 seconds. Standard prize for slaying rat within 25. Limit one prize per individual. Maximum 2 tries allowed to achieve grand prize. Viewing limited to two attempts per purchase.

Again, there are line both for fighting and viewing. Especialy viewing. All around people are gossiping and laughing about flashy kills or emberising defeats to the rat. One person happily displays their 10 lb rat trouphy. Apparently these rats are a little bigger than the normal vermin.

Cac-kt:
    "First, who are you. Second, don't pick anyone up unless they specifically request to be. Third..." with a slight pop the winged creature reappears with two guards, but not the halfling. "The second party fled, sir. I'll notify the guards for the fugitive. These men have collected statements from witnesses."

"Stay a moment first and rest your wings, at least for this case. Now, third... um..." The magistrate pauses to think, fails, and picks a topic to fill in. "Poison? It can be trouble. Lethal poisons are strictly prohibited, as are poisons with permanent effects. Others require a license to posses and sell."
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-07-24 at 11:11 AM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

I pay 6cp, followed by 6sp.

9. - Top - End - #69

DwarfClericGuy

Leosera

Using those times Leos thinks "Powers rival the arcane? That could prove interesting. His Highness has had many a fool entertain with sleight of hands and gestures but none the senior Knights had deemed 'rivaling the arcane'. Given I attend that I'd have not 5 minutes to get to this re-enactment. I certainly do not wish to miss that. Maybe-"

Spoiler
    Show
    Would one think he could make it from one of these shows to the other in 3 minutes?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis

"Very well. I will be back for you later Selene. Until then, try to relax." Alexis pays the man, then goes back to the shooting gallery to watch, then participate.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

"I am Cac-kt, and I came to enter in some of the events here."

Cac-kt goes to walk over to where the poisoner is, but then stops, realising that this would proove to be a Bad Idea. "And I think I need a lisence for poison. Can I have one?"

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallia & Alexis: See PM's

Leosera: You can't see both, the reenactment starts 3 minutes after the magic show starts (17 minutes before the magic show ends.)

Cac-Kt:
    Guards step forward to block your exit.

"Whoa, you're not leaving until this matter is settled. We'll discuss poison afterwards" For a moments he has the winged creature deputy restate his perspective on the events before gesturing toward the halfling mother. "Now, first your name and second: were you in anyway threatened or endangered by the attacking male halfling?"

*sniff* "I'm Gold-Lilly sir, and he never did anything to hurt me, unlike that... thing.. which tried to eat us... that young hafling was my savior! ... if only I knew his name..." With further questioning it becomes apparent that the aggressor, while never threatening the woman, was not her brother.

"With your aggressor at large and fleeing arrest I'm dropping the proposed charge of reckless combat." The magistrate tells you. "Now: why did you believe the aggressive halfing was a threat to this woman and her children? why did you delay so long before relenting the the deputy's orders?"

Meanwhile the guards step back to let the half-elf sit up, who weakly makes it to his knees before vomiting. For the moment he's alive and moving. Whether he'll still be up and moving an hour from now is questionable. Either he's made of tough stuff or his poisons were all mild.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-07-26 at 08:21 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

"I thought that he might hurt the other fleshlings because-" Cac-kt pauses. "Where I come from, if something is a danger to one, it is a danger to all. I didn't think these fleshlings would be able to flee on their own, and I guess my instincts took over. And when I run from something, and something is chasing...you don't stop." He turns to look at the halfling woman, and says, first to her, then to the magistrate: "I didn't try to eat you. I wasn't trying to eat her. I was just trying to be friendly."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

INITIATIVE: (1d20+1)[13]

I'll take the greatclub.
    Last edited by curtis; 2008-07-27 at 03:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

F

(1d20+14)[33]
    (1d20+10)[20]
    (1d20+14)[18]
    (1d20+10)[19]

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis: whoops, should have checked here first... not that it maters same PM result. With much acclaim you win the Grand Prize, are presented the commemorative dart, and asked if you wish to register for the Magic and/or Mundane Archery Trials or receive viewing vouchers.

Hallia:
    Very well, the Great club is yours. See PM for details.

Cac-kt:
    The halfling mother herds her children together and cautiously watches you and the judge.
    "Officer, do you have anything else to add?"
    "No"
    "Very well, I believe this court is ready to pass a verdict, but first do either of you have any complaints or charges to file yourselves?"
    "Ye.. Yes! Kidnapping, intent to rape, meditated murder, assault on my children, assault on my hero, lying to the court, and..."
    "Ehm, this court does not recognize intents nor will it accept citizen charges on behalf of another, particularly fugitives. Now, is there anything new you wish to press for?"
    "No, but..."
    "Good! and you Cac-kt? Do you have any claims?"

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis
    "Thank you for the chance to prove myself. I'd like to sign up for magical archery. My hands aren't as graceful as I'd like them to be. By the way, I heard that there was a game where people were getting mauled. Do you know where it is? It sounds interesting."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-07-28 at 07:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

"I didn't mean to do anything bad. But the fleshling who wasn't her brother injured me. And I want to see Flounder again, I like him. And I have poison."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis:
    ((Confirmation: You've signed up to paticipate in magical archery and and are taking a viewing pass for mundane archery?))
    "Oh, Whac-A-Rat isn't that deadly... just a little bloody and painfull for the overconfident. It's somwhere at the other end of the plaza."

Cac-kt:
    "Pressing an assault charge against the fugative, very well." *makes note*
    "Now, do the children have anything to add?"
    "Oh, they must be tromitiziezd they..."
    "Do the children have anything to add... it's ok young ones, you may speak up now."
    "The bug's scarry..." says one, "Why is mommy scared?" the other adds.
    "...I don't know, but the court will now pass judgment. Oh, and Gold Lilly, if you don't restrain yourself I'll have to fine you for disrespect of court. Ehm, Cac-kt: we find you guilty of disruption of the peace and forced abduction minor. As a first time offense for that you shall pay a total of 15 gold to the court, recomisate the halfings 1/2 day's wage, 1 silver total, and spend 5 hours in the stocks to rethink your actions." The magistrate reaches to bang his mace to signal judment then pauses to reconsider your anatomy. "However, if you pay in full today and agree to attend today's public legal advisory meeting the stock time shall be waved." *bang*

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to attend the performance, and then rush to the re-enactment. Hopefully I'll make it.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis
    OOC: Wait, I can do both? I guess I'll compete in magical archery and pick up a viewing pass to mundane. I might have some use for it later.

Alexis leaves the area and heads off towards whack-a-rat. If it's along the way, she stops at the exotic boarding, tells Selene what happened, pets her, tells her she'll be back soon, and leaves.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

"What are the stocks? They don't sound nice...I think I can pay soon, later today is good. What is the public legal advisory?"

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis: ((Yep, its a viewing ticket or participation for each archery event. Oh, and is that an empathetic or speak-with-animals conversation?))
    Random Event Chance - (1d100)[63]

Whack-a-Rat!
    Prove Your Skills and Win a Prize

Try for 6sp or view for 3cp!
    Grand Prizes: Free Attendance or Participation at Olympic Trial Obstacle Courses plus the rat or comerative dart.
    Standard Prize: Rat or dart only.
    Complimentary Healing provided.
    Grand prize awarded for killing your rat within 10 seconds. Standard prize for slaying rat within 25. Limit one prize per individual. Maximum 2 tries allowed to achieve grand prize. Viewing limited to two attempts per purchase.

Again, there are line both for fighting and viewing. Especialy viewing. All around people are gossiping and laughing about flashy kills or emberising defeats to the rat. "Well I don't see you trying" stammers one red-faced fellow who apparently managed to lose.

Leosera:
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Its say, 11:10 am now.
    The 'magic' show runs from 11:30 - 11:50
    The reenactment runs from 11:35 - 12:15 (rounded up to 5 min block)
    If you go to the first show you'll walk in late on the second show.

Cac-kt:
    ((where would a traveler keep coinage except on their person?))

"The stocks are a contraption that holds the convicted in place in public so that others may see, mock, and take warning. The public advisory is a question/answer session where new rules are announced and the current interpretation of old ones may be discussed. Oh, and payment later is not an option. We can send an agent to retrieve funds for you, and you have the right to accept twice the time incarcerated for half the fine. If a criminal is still unable to pay their possessions will be confiscated until the debt is payed. Repeat offenses are expensive so I'd strongly suggest attending the public advisory session." the magistrate says, mostly by rote. Payment quibbles are probably common.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

Round 1

If the rat is further than 30ft. away, run to it.

If the rat is within single move distance, move and hit.

To hit:(1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[4]

If the rat is right next to me, full attack.

To hit:(1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[9]
    To hit:(1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[5]

Round 2

Full attack.

To hit:(1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[8]
    To hit:(1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[4]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis
    OOC: It's simply Alexis using her animal training skills mixed with her just treating animals like they're people.

Same as usual, pay to watch, then pay to compete. Also, can I make a knowledge (nature) check to judge how strong it is? My modifier is +11.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-08-02 at 11:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Cac-kt checks his pouch at his waist. "I've only got 12 gp here. The rest are at my accomodation. And I think I'll go to the public advisory instead of the stocks. It sounds nicer."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

27. - Top - End - #87

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ah, my mistake. and darn. Guess I'll dawdle about then until the re-enactment. Leosera is a fan of history. Especially historic battles.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallia:
    Spoiler
    Show

Two issues:
    1) Where are you getting two attacks from?
    2) Remind me again how you have 17 feats... I should only see 9 listed (Human bonus, 5 level feats, 2 Wizard bonus + scribe scroll)

Alexis: Like usual, see PM

Leosera Give me a few days to get the fluff this event deserves typed up... or if you prefer I can give you the outline and let you dictate the finer fluffy details.

Cac-kt
    "Hmm... why don't you pay half now and leave something valuable as collateral then."
    Meanwhile the halfing woman's protests have been getting louder and shriller. "But, He's buying his way out? Where is the justice? Don't You care? You don't care? YOU CORRUPT OFFICIALS DON'T..."
    "QUIET! As the victim you'll receive 1/4 the fine plus the compensation, but another outburst and I'll charge YOU with disruption of court and fine you too! Clear?"
    *sniff*

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis
    OOC: Heh, I just realized I wrote my BAB wrong on my sheet. I wrote +8/+3 when it's supposed to be +9/+4.

(1d20+11)[21]
    (1d6+7)[11]

(1d20+11)[25]
    (1d6+7)[12]

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

"OK, here is my money, all twelve of it. And I will leave my ring, yes? And I get it backk when I return with the money."

Assuming they let Cac-kt out, he will leave, and return with the rest of the fine, recollect his ring. Anything happen during that?

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.