New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Wolfang Raneits's School For Gifted Younglings!

Crunchy as cookies!

Spoiler
    Show

* 1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Mutants And Masterminds! if you lack books but REALLY wanna play i got some pdf.'s lyin' around.
    * 2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    year: 2010. (not really important) setting: teen heroes! (yes, i aim for clichés and cornyness)
    * 3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    3-4. no more. and you better DAMN be dedicated!
    * 4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    we'll be using these boards
    * 5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    ah, yes. you get abilites as normal. power level 8. starting PowrPoints: 120
    No higher education skill.
    i THINK this'll work. edits may still be done.
    * 6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    use the standard methods.
    * 7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    well we dont really use classes in this game...
    * 8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    anything you can sell off as "logical"
    * 9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    i answered that up there^
    * 10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    meeeh. not really! but remember: youre supposed to be RATHER GOOD!
    * 11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    again. classes arnt the same as in DD and such.
    * 12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    we use the board roller. but put them in a nifty spoiler
    * 13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    no not really. or rather: not yet!
    * 14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    some few lines pliz. how you ended up at the school and how you befriended the group.(MIGHT wanna discuss this with other players)
    * 15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    let there be beatings! and DRAMAAAAA!
    * 16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    core book and the hero high books

Being diffrent aint' easy. and being diffrent the way YOU are is just worse/great. you choose how you want to perceive it. you have special powers, powers that seem to always get in the way and it seems that you have no real control over them. needless to say, school was hard for you, and when High school was coming up you couldn't help but to dread it. as you grew, your power became only stronger and more uncontrolled and the stress of high school would only make bad worse. then it came one day. a letter. in a green convolute with big, bold black letters. Wolfang Raneits's school for gifted younglings, it said. surely this was some sort of mistake? you opened the letter and read it. it said that they knew all about your powers and that you were not alone. The School welcomed all teens with uniqe and special powers, such as your own. They were trained in both body and mind to control and increase their powers so that one day they, and YOU, would be the next generation of SUPER HEROES!

the next sheet of paper was just formal stuff and general info. It was a huge boarding school a hour of car-travel away from the semi-large city Feransii on the south coast. After some time of thinking you decided to go for it, you parents (that is, if you had any) was either against it or totally for it. I don't know! you tell me! anyways, You ended up going to this school! you spent a whole year learning ...somewhat regular stuff and to use and control your powers. you got friends (or something remotely close to that) eventually the semester ended.
    but that was not the end.....
    after a long summer break you are BACK! and as ready as ever to increase your powers and become.... dang, i knew i should've prepared something really dramatic there... well, you're gonna try to pass the exam, okay? good!
    ah, yes! another semester, another victory on the making of a glorious hero!
    this'll be a breeze.

...hehehehehe! no. not if I get it as I want it!

map. its kinda to small. so try to save it to your hard-drive and see if you can magnify it.
    Spoiler
    Show

TEACHER GALLERY.

Spoiler
    Show

KINDA LEFT TO RIGHT:
    the chef! he cooks.
    Blitzkreig. sings the german national song and teaches history and such. fled from germany under WW2.
    Coghead. technical genius. he teaches all kinds of machinery, meching and carpenting. lost his right arm and left leg in battle with a Dominator (robots used by the famous villain Dominus)
    Ms. Bliss. math and other teoretic subjects. have not shown any super powers. hot as HELL!
    T-606. killer robot from the future. re-programmed as janitor.
    Zoolt. teaches psy-powers and stuff like that. addicted to snacks.
    Silver shark. i am pretty sure he teaches SOMETHING...
    Master So. gym teacher.

Spoiler
    Show

The principal. old and cheery. never displayed ANY powers.
    Inspector Kranh. creepy bastard....
    Audio. music teacher. loves ALL music. cool gall.
    Discman. looks like he plans to eat you, your dog and your future offsprings. is however, kinder than santa. data genius and nerd.
    John Silver. was once the famed hero Silver sarge. now retired, he teaches many of the diffrent art classes.
    Spoonhead dingledang. imp rescued from another dimension by Discman. serves as a mascot in the garage where mechs on motorized skateboards.

Spoiler
    Show

very central in "modern history of special caliber"(teach'd by blitzkrieg) he was a villain of immense power that dissappeared some years ago. considering how long he was in the business he might very well just retired.
    he is responsible for Coghead's missing limbs, Silver's limping walk and the inspector seems to get grouchy whenever Dominus is mentioned.

MORE WILL COME UP HERE LATER! trying to get some pictures uploaded. y'know, maps of the school and such. anyways, this game isnt QUITE open yet so more stuff will come up here when all the characters are made.
    DONT POST YET!
    COMING NEXT: people to know about!

Devious Duo
    If anything is lost you can bet your ass that its gonna end up in their drawer. not because they steal (well, not that you can PROVE it) but they are excellent salvagers. they sell stuff. anything that might be of use, even information. they seem to get alot of that. The devious duo is insuperable messing with one of them means that you get DOUBLE the trouble. the duo consist of:
    Magpie. cheery little fella'. always have a joke or obscure movie/game/book refferance and quotes.. Everyone is rather unsure of his powers... he dont show 'em often but the times he DO fight he use his fists, legs and shocking ferocity. He have been seen doing some impressive leaps but due to the WAY he leaps people suspects he can fly.
    Crocodile is twice as fierce and brutal and is also, surprisingly, the smart one. his powers are well concealed but he displays great strength and have been seen shooting beams outta' his eyes. he and Magpie is very similiar in personalities but crocodile isnt as much of a prankster.
    THE DEVIOUS DUO!
    Spoiler
    Show

The alien and the lone wolf.
    the loner: Scowl
    Scowl is always wearing robes and is never much for socializing. He spend all his time doing his homework, training, meditating and doing more training. as a result this dark and brooding teen is one of the top dogs. when it comes to fighting that is. Whenever the task requires teamwork he talks very little but does his part as perfect as always. his attitude suggest that his lack of socializing does not come from shyness ....

the alien: Nebula
    the only alien in the entire school! how she ended up on Tellus(thats our planet, numb-nut!) only those who ask know(some kinda catastrophe is hintet at, tho'). and generally only her room-mates know. She is rather naive and have strange customs but she is also friendly and kind. her powers are flight, plasmatic control and shielding. she have no problem blending in as she is simply impossible to NOT like. her green skin and antennas (they are retractable) however makes posing as human difficult which have made trips to the city rather...complicated.

Spoiler
    Show

the nurse: Kyoko Nakamuka
    Educated as both Doctor and psychologist the school nurse is kind and compassionate. she have displayed impressive healing powers. Everybody love her for always being a smiling force of optimism and because she heals your many scrapes.
    picture:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shademan; 2008-06-11 at 02:25 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default and so it begins...

And so the new year of schooling begin! You enter the front gates and look above the gates upon the familliar stone sign that says "Wolfang Raneits's school for gifted younglings." with a hewn portrait of the principal raspberry'ing.

As you walk into the Stronghold o' learning and head towards the auditorium you see many new, slightly confused and slightly nervous, faces and you also recongnize some old ones. Over there is Magpie, complaining loudly about how its WAY to hot andnext to him is Croccodile rubbing his hands and hissing loudly to any newcomers that come one step to close. They are soon joined by their room mates, Mantis and Badger. And over there is Fireball. that bastard... thinks he's so damn cool....
    The janitor runs through the hallways with his broom shouting his regular promises of fast yet painful demise upon all dust and grime. and then right before you reach the auditorium you meet your friends from last year!
    or...something remotly close to that...

*now i'll give you time to "catch up"*
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wolfang Raneits's School For Gifted Younglings!

The soft sound of the wind blowing, birds chirping, lawnmowers in the distance... All of this is broken by the sound of a motorcycle roaring up the driveway into the Dormatory parking lot. It screeches to a halt in a parking space near the door as it's driver kicks off and lands on the sidewalk. The parts of his body that arent covered by clothes reveal heavy bandaging.WOOOO! Another year!!! His voice pierces the air as he barrels into the door and down the hallway, blowing right past the janitor-bot and stopping right in front of a door, looking at the door, then a piece of paper, then back at the door. Room 666, this is the place. He kicks open the door and jumps into the room, powersliding over to the bunk bed and jumping on the top.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-17 at 10:28 PM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

Mistress Darkwind

Mistress Darkwind sighed. Could the weather be any worse she thought. All this bright sunshine and chirping birds and mowing grass were annoying to her. Why couldn't it be a nice stormy day. That would match her usual mood. She walked into the dormitory to room 13 and tossed her suitcase on the bed. No roommates yet which would allow her some to meditate in peace. She pulled out a mat, sat in a lotus position and started to chant as she searched for that special place to understand her powers better.
    None of us have tampered with the fundemental natural order when bored. That would be wrong.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The familiar voice of Audio (the teacher) echoes through the entire school.
    ALL STUDENTS, BOTH OLD AND NEW, TO THE AUDITORIUM NOW! PRINCIPAL IS ABOUT TO SPEAK!

on M&B:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Rael Crane slunk in through the front entrance just as the announcement was made. The butler, Stallman, was going to deliver his things to the dorm; all Rael was carrying was a backpack with a few odds and ends, his sketchbook full of ideas for his persona (currently the White Spider) and his iPod which was currently blaring out some Belgian maoist psytrance he had downloaded on the drive over on reccomendation from his messageboard pals Drinux and BadLouie. He wasn't sure if he liked it; he was in an indifferent mood about everything today. Without saying hello to anyone, he headed up to the Auditorium.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Noise

Alex Ambien, or Noise as he preferred to be called while in school walked up to the front gates and took a long look at the text. as always his headphones were on and "Mindless Self Indulgence" was blasting out loudly enough for people around him to hear every note. Yet he heard all that was being said and every footstep anyone took.

He read the letters on the gate one last time and sighed loudly before starting to walk towards the entrance. Birds were chirping during the silence when his iPod changed track and the sun reflected on a window and struck him right in his eyes. As he walked through the rooms on his way towards the Auditorium he got more that a few glances from the people he passed. Most other students who knew him either didn't mind him or told their friends something about what an ******* he was thinking he couldn't hear them through the music. He also got more that a few looks from the girls, something he was used to but didn't care about the slightest.
    When he heard Audios voice his immediately shut off his iPod and listened while a tiny smile broke the frown that he so often wore. He took a turn towards the dorms instead of the Auditorium and stopped in front of his room, the door was already slightly opened. Someone is already here? he looked again at the door and took a closer look at the door number... 666 There is just no f*cking way... I have to share dorm with that loudmouth again? He thought as he recalled the voice he had heard from the outside.

Noise closed his eyes and took a deep breath to steady himself before he opened the door and stepped through Just one in here, at least I can take a bed far away from his this time that last thought came with an annoyed glance at the other person in the room, who apparently hadn't noticed him yet as he had his back turned. Alex removed his bag and threw it on the other top bunk, then he steadied himself.

"Hey..."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ALEX!! Mike says jumping off the bed and putting his roommate in a friendly headlock. Been WAAAAY too long man how ya been? Seeing his victim gasping for air, he lets go and jumps back onto his bunk and pull his guitar off his back. Got a lot of respect for the old guy but hearing him talk is like listening to Jefferson Airplane when you ARENT baked He stands on his bunk and begins soloing on his bed.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Adiuo's voice filled room 666 "I CAN HEAR YOU, FURY! GET YOUR METAL-ROCKING ASS TO THE AUDITORIUM NOW!"

on M&B:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe I certainly hope you can hear me Audio. Seems you're the only one here with an appreciation for music. He looks at this roommate who is now covering his ears trying to drown out the wailing of The Axe. He exits the room, continuing to play on his way to the auditorium.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Tianli enters the school grounds, a single bag slung over one shoulder. The bag was, of course, massive, and filled with all his possessions. He had just entered the grounds when he noticed a trend in the crowd that led to the auditorium. He thought briefly about finding his room, then decided that it really made no difference to him if he carried his stuff around with him, it was only about a hundred pounds or so. Maybe two. He was never good with guessing small weights.

After he entered the auditorium, he waded through the crowd to a spot near the bleachers where he could easily see without blocking anyone else's view, wondering how many of the people from last year had re-enrolled.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DIGITAL SCHOOL-MAP!

dark green is forest. yellowish is beach. funny manycoloured spray is flowers.
    also, note the following: the garage is a place where students can store a vehicle, work on mechanics, and invent stuff.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-06-19 at 01:19 AM.

on M&B:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    Adiuo's voice filled room 666 "I CAN HEAR YOU, FURY! GET YOUR METAL-ROCKING ASS TO THE AUDITORIUM NOW!"
    Noise silently thanked Audio for saveing him from his extremely loud "friend" before turning on his iPod again, Fury was still playing that guitarr after all, and sped off towards the Auditorium runing at the speed of sound. Zooming past Fury he stops only for a short while. "You are aware that Audio is going to have your ass if you keep playing that thing right? Not that I realy care." He thn runs off to the auditorium.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

Mistress Darkwind

Darkwind sighed as the announcement ended her meditation. Same speech as last year she was willing to bet. She glanced around, noting that no one was around and decided to save herself a walk. She chanted a few words and suddenly appeared right outside the auditorium. She then found herself a seat near the other members of the so colled outsiders clique to hang with for the speech.
    None of us have tampered with the fundemental natural order when bored. That would be wrong.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

As the auditorium was filled with students all anxious to start a new semester!
    ... more or less.
    some seats were still unoccupied but the principal started his speech anyways.
    He tapped the microphone and said "is this thing on? great."
    AHEM!
    " I've never been much for long speeches so we make things easy this year. Under the pillows in your beds you will find some papers with all the rules. read them, learn them and maybe you wont be expelled. It is really great to see so many new faces and so many old! now if we all move to the Cantina there is cake and soda there! free!"
    everyone was rather surprised at this VERY short speech. even the teachers. but cake waits for no man!
    and so, those of you that BOTHERED to go to the auditorium rushes towards the cantina, which is filled pretty fast. why dont you get a table for you and your other friends so that you can get to chat a little? hear whats new and that stuff, huh?
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-06-26 at 01:39 AM.

on M&B:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

Mistress Darkwind

"Well that was pointless." *Mistress Darkwind returned to her room to go back to her meditation.*

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet! Frickin' Cake! I wouldn't be suprised if its in the shape of a pirate ship, knowing the Chef. Fury races down to the cantina to get some cake, but mostly to see the Chef.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

indeed it was.

our heroes in making settles for a table. time to get reconnected...

on M&B: