New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: bigginers game

1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: bigginers game

Syrus

When Odin gives her the nod, Syrus will kick down the door, and let him charge in first, and follow him up closely, and if enemies are presemt her first action will be play at all out-D (Ac will increase 21 attack with staff down to 0)

Spoiler
    Show
    hey guys. getting some stuff done for enlistment tommorrow. this is my last post till 6 pm tommorrow. If nessesary, Tau Pei, may take actions on my behalf. Default action is to follow Odin. Thanks guys

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zook

The floor cracks right behind Derrick.

Oh, hi, may I be of assistance? everyone hears, cutting through the silent darkness of the mansion. His voice is the voice of a small being.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zook followed Syrus and arrived near, hid himself behind a house while you were all busy spliting the group, then followed you when you entered, and is now standing in the dark, far enough for anyone who doesn't have low-light vision not to see clearly who Zook is.

P.S: How do we do rolls? What's the code?
    Last edited by Flame_Excess; 2008-06-12 at 11:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

OrcBarbarianGuy

Odin

Odin pulls out his well used greatclub. Gripping the metal studded grip eyeing it like a an old friend. He swiftly nods his head towards Syrus and prepared to smash anything that can be labled a threat inside.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #64

HalflingRogueGirl

Syrus

HYA!!

Stregth check (roll1d20+3=16) to kick down the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    thanks for your patience guys. those who are the least bit interested, I passed my assesments tests, and my physical, and was sworn in to the Air Force today. i'll be around awhile yet though. won't ship out till after new year....
    Last edited by Dragoon 6; 2008-06-13 at 11:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    is anybody out there?

6. - Top - End - #66

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering too where are you LOP
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

7. - Top - End - #67

Spoiler
    Show
    LOP's probably busy.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm also keeping myself up to date.

9. - Top - End - #69

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    hey all. it's been suggested that maybe someone should DM in Lop absense. I know Flame Excess has dropped from the game, but I think the others are still on board. This is just to get moving again. If you want to take over the DM slot, say so, and run with it.

as steve and morgan enter the front door, it creak on it's long neglected hinges. The combined illumination of the Sunrod and occasional Lightning outside allow for a survey of the entraceway. Immediatly to the fron, they notice a steep set of stairs leading to a basement area. Sliding door to the left and right leave you to guess where each will lead. The room is barren, except for hooks for cloaks and hats, as well as a cane stand,and dusty butler's table.

What is your Action?

With that Tremmendous roar, the aged lock and Hinges holding the door in it's frame give way beneath Syrus' blow and the door makes a loud crash as it impacts the stone floor inside.
    Party 2, what is your action?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Morgainmonde

I look for clues as to the whereabouts of the lost orb of Phanastacoria. I also search for traps. Especially mid air traps. Are there any load bearing flasks? I look for anything that would be a suitable adventure-present for the priestess.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought there were things that needed smashing in here. I guess we will have to stay on our toes. The sneaky members of our party (everyone but Steve) could probably scout around and search for treasure and traps.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-06-19 at 08:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

HalflingRogueGirl

Morgan makes a quick sweep of the smallish room and discerns no threats
    Spoiler
    Show
    to keep the flow moving a bit, I will make relevent skills for you as nessesary. [B]Morgan[B] Spot=1d20+9 [20]

he does however notice old sobwebs of a curious nature in and around the frame of the door leading downstairs.

A brief search of the room:
    Spoiler
    Show
    maorgan seach 1d20+1 [2]

reveals nothing of value or interest.

12. - Top - End - #72

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a astouding roar Odin bursts into the light house. He asseses the room and attacks the first threating sight if any.

Spoiler
    Show
    Odin does have dark vision so I don't need the light to see anything.

13. - Top - End - #73

Tau Pei

Spoiler
    Show
    I think each of us got a sunrod, right? If not, ignore that part of the sentence.

Lights his sunrod, puts it in the collar of his armor, and
    draws his sword, running in to take care of whatever might lurk in there. He lets loose with his battlecry:

I AM GEN! My name means DEATH!
    Last edited by DoomCup; 2008-06-20 at 07:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

HalflingRogueGirl

Odin and Tau Pei make a tremendous raquet as they storm into the tower. Odin spots a skeleton in the far edge against the wall, and after making a tremendous blow to it, it practically distegrates and scatters the bones accros the floor. Sensing that his was not an animated skeleton, he notes that there are more bones scattered around than his somewhat paraniod attack can acount for.
    They see nothing more that registers as a threat in the immediate area, except that the cobblestone floor has been made slick by a thin film moisture, presumably from rain coming through small imperfections in the roof.

Syrus
    cozy. she remarks upon entering the wide circular room that represents the base of the tower. After her comrades have calmed from the initial rush, she takes a look a round, and spies the masonry staircase circling up into the darkness above them. she recalls from the outside that it's about 120 feet tall, and appears to be stone all the way up, except for the platform at the top. Lightning flashes illuminate parts of the top reaches, where windows occasionally break the monotony of stone. As she peers at the top, strange shadows catch her eye on the roof.

Spoiler
    Show
    no I did not give your character a sunrod. I gave one to steve because he is leading the other party in, and I have for us, but let Odin and his darkvision go first. they are not pricy per se, but too expensive to use frivilously

15. - Top - End - #75

OrcBarbarianGuy

I guess some unlucky basterd made it here before us or I just smashed whatever the threat was. I'm suprised the kid made it past these bones before he ran home to the mayor this must have been the lighthouse attendent. Poor sod well he got what he deserved if he couldn't fight off one little undead. Odin says to the group as he looks for anything of value on the corpses laughing hardily at the corpses misfortune.If you can't protect yourself someone will kill you He thinks to him self. After checking the corpses he starts up the stairs towards the first landing or door he can find testing the stairs with his club and skipping any unstable ones with his long legs.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Derrick
    I'll take the left door, Derrick says, as he moves towards it and begins to search it for traps.

Spoiler
    Show
    search:(1d20+3)[22]

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler
    Show
    Ack! Sorry, sorry, okay, don't have one.

Looks around at the dead bodies, remembering similar scenes from the wars his kingdom fought. Afterwards, he follows Odin up the stairs.

18. - Top - End - #78

HalflingRogueGirl

encounter
    Syrus
    As Odin and Tau Pei are starting to mount the stairs syrus motions for them to stop. When they do, she takes a moment cut a scrap of cotton from her roll in the pack and dip it in oil. She wraps the soaked scrap arround an arrow and sets it alight. She fires the blazeing arrow towards the roof where it lodges in the wooden planks of the platform, and sets a huge spiderweb aflame.
    As two large hissing figures begin rapidly decending the walls to her group on the groud she shouts " WE got Spiders!

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative order: Tau Pei, Odin, Spiders, Syrus, anyone who joins. no worries, Doom, no biggie. just clarifying for ya

Derrick: the door is not trapped, as far you can tell. It appears to open by sliding most of the way into the wall, and is made of aged teak wood. you pause as you hear gentle clanking nioses come though the door
    Spoiler
    Show
    Derrick Listen 22

19. - Top - End - #79

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ah ha spiders I've had fecal matter more threatning.
    He gauges the distance between himself and the spiders then takes the appropriate action.

Spoiler
    Show
    70'+ feet he unslings his bow and shoots at them. Less then that he carges towards them great club raised and if he can will smash one with a devastating blow.

bow shot if needed (1d20+7)[22]
    Club if needed (1d20+9)[14]

20. - Top - End - #80

Derrick
    Hey, there's something on the other side of the door, Derrick whispers to the rest of the group.
    I suggest that Steve goes in first.

...And try to be silent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently: 1d20+4

21. - Top - End - #81

((Forgot the code))
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[5]

22. - Top - End - #82

Morgainmonde

Looking down the stairs with the sobwebs, fighting back the tears, I let loose an arrow into the darkness; followed immediatly with pressing myself flush against the wall next to the stairwell, with my ear to the surface to listen for a response.

Steve! We may have contact shortly. If anything runs up these stairs, I'll let them past so that we can flank them. Get ready to take the charge. Here Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid! Here Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid! [while whistling]

Spoiler
    Show
    Morg's not shooting at anything in particular, just trying to get the attention of dumb monsters that will run up the convienient bottle neck. Also, Morg is refering to the monsters as stupid. Not Steve.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, combat, the one thing I know next to squat about. I know the initiative order means I go first, but that's about it...

Tau Pei

Heh, figures...

Spoiler
    Show
    Depending on how close they are, he either rushes in for a greatsword attack or pulls out his shortbow.

Damage Roll (greatsword)
    (2d6+7)[17]

Damage Roll (shortbow)
    (1d6)[5]

If I've messed up, don't hesitate...

24. - Top - End - #84

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The spiders have not reach the floor yet, so no melee is possible.
    therefore Ranged attacks are filed for both Odin and Tau Pei.
    Odin hits his target and deals 4 points of damage
    Tau Pei rolls for his atk and scores as 9, failing to hit

Oding and Tau Pei react to the cry with swift, practised actions. Odin scores a grazing blow across his targets abdomin, while the darkness hampers Tau Pei's aim and he misses his shot.

As the spiders take perches a on the steps a few dozen feet above above our heroes, one begins spinning a web across the staircase, while the other spits something at Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spider ranged touch attack (1d20+4)[9] misses

The shot lands on the stone at his feet, where the fine layer of water hiss and sizles where it lands, emanating an acrid steam.

Syrus

Syrus mutters under her breath for a moment how do you work this damn thing again?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Syrus attepts Use magic DC 20 roll (1d20+9)[26]

Three small, swift bolts of bright blue force speed towards to the spider spining the webs, visible hurting and angering it
    Spoiler
    Show
    damage roll for level 5 Magic Missle (3d4)+3 [10]

In the house, as Derrick turns to warn his follows, he whacks the rapier at his belt against the door. Morgan's arrow makes no niose beyond the hiss of flying through the air. no cry or any sound beyond a berly audible whumph disturbs the silence emanating from the darkness of the basement.

25. - Top - End - #85

HalflingRogueGirl

Terrain note
    Spoiler
    Show
    all floor surfaces, including the steps, are wet from days of hard rain seeping through the poorly sealed roof, and are as a result, quite slippery. any combat charge or tactical movemont made at greater than normal speed provokes a DC 10 balance check. Pass: act as normal. Failure by 1-4: - 5 feet of movement for each one failed by OR loss of charge bonus on your attack AND additional -1 Ac penalty. Failure by or more: fall prone is square you started in.
    Moving normal technically also prevokes this check, but moving at normal speed is assumed as taking 10 on this check, thus automaticcally passing. (unless one of you has a negative Balance check modifier. I don't think anyone does....) IF needed, you may move at half speed to take 20 on this check.
    Feel free to ask question in a PM

26. - Top - End - #86

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ha ha I've seen blind gnomes with better aim then that. Odin taunts the spider as he takes aim once again with his bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    ranged bow shot towards the one who spat at me
    (1d20+7)[19]

27. - Top - End - #87

OrcBarbarianGuy

[spoiler]Damage if a hit
    (1d8)[2][spoiler]

28. - Top - End - #88

Tau Pei

Utters a gnoll curse beneath his breath as he hears his arrow hit the wall rather than the spider he was aiming at. Alright, let's try this again... He notches another arrow in his bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage Roll: (1d6)[2]

29. - Top - End - #89

Morgainmonde

Hmm. Just some cob webs. Best not to light the whole mansion on fire just for some lurkers anyway, what with it being made of wood and all. You never know if oils used in the resins for treating the wood have drawn to the surface. Even with all this rain, the whole place could burn to the ground. Hey Steve! After this is done, we should look into getting the deed for this place and restore it. It can be like our stronghold or something. I think I see a room where the priestess can stay...

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering the makeup of the remaining players, I almost want to switch gears to an arcane spell caster, as I dont think we have any. Maybe I'm just not paying attention. Eitherway, strongholds are a pretty cool thing to have around level 6 if one or more of us takes the leadership feat. Maybe become high ranking members of the militia (or start the militia) and get in on some local taxing for improvements to the club house. Idk. I think it'd be fun. So yeah, do we have any arcane spell casters?

What is the general layout of the house? Asides from the stairs down and the entrance we came through, where else can go? Maybe we can have a map? (PM me and I can draw something up. I love doing that kind of stuff.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the ramble. I hit my head pretty hard a few days back and have been more verbose than usual (or holding it back less as the case may be)
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

HalflingRogueGirl

Tau pei fires again. Having gotten the range a bit with his first shot, he manages to graze the spider, while Odin fires in support and also causes a superficial wound. The spider is bleeding now from several minor hits, which seem to have small effect but to anger it.
    In relatiation, the spider chooses to hurl it's venomous attack at Tau Pei and move up the stairs just a tad so as to be a difficult target to Odin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged attack at Tau Pei (1d20+4)[18]
    hits to cause (1d4+1)[3] acid damage. provokes Fortitude save DC13
    (please roll that one for yourself)

at the same time, the other spider completes it's work on the sticky baricade and moves to assist it's mate in defending thier nest.

Syrus

syrus takes note of the grunt of pain that escapes Tau Pei's otherwise stoic form, and attempts the use her wand once more
    Spoiler
    Show
    Syrus atteps DC 20 Use Magic check (1d20+9)[12]

but is frustrated by it's insistence on dormancy.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to make a map of generic one level mansion with at least six rooms plus the entrance way, with an aatached Lighthouse matching the descriptions you have so far, I can flex my ideas around it. so go nuts. Please have at least three small rooms in the basement