New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: bigginers game

1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: bigginers game

Tau Pei

Very well, the temple it is... he says with a disgruntled tone. Once again he has an odd look in his face and clenches his fists at the prospect..

2. - Top - End - #152

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Practitioners of the magical arts here are primarily Divine. Thus wands, scrolls, and potions that mimic Divine spells are common. Arcane artisis are largely sorcerors, because Arcane magic is strongly persecuted is this region of the world. Arcane wands that produce simple spells are rare, but not unheard of. I will not be able to use the magic missles in sight of people from this area though.
    In other words, I'll let you be sorceror or a cleric if you wish, but I'm going to have rule out all wizard types, exccept for the illusionist that sub-focus on abjuration and disguise. Cause he'd be able to hide from both casual and divination types of scrutization.
    Head Count: we still have these players active: Odin, Syrus, Morgan, Derrick, and Tau Pei. still enough to handle the problems I have planned to throw in.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A human sorcerer works for me. Please state when you want to make the character switch.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    how does this sound. While the Priestess is healing your wounds, her touch just gets to you and either A: she gets seriously offended, and casts Inflict Critical wounds when you least expect it for the win, OR one thing leafds to another and a week long whirlwind romance leads to a passionate denoucment of her clerical vows, while your charater puts aside adventuring to pursue a fullfilling married live. Your chioce.

5. - Top - End - #155

Spoiler
    Show
    Lets go with B. If anything, I do have a wand of CLW that I could have used. But after this adventure, right? We still have a job to do.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-07-01 at 07:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    going to take a small liberty here, and assume that everyone heads to the Inn to rest and recover slightly before petitioning for a Restoration.

AS weary and windblown party enters the Inn they were staying at, Syrus tosses the Innkeep a new gold coin to cover thier meal and room for the next day. They make tier way to their rooms and colapse from exhastion. Next Day:
    Spoiler
    Show
    regain 4 +con in HP and heal one point of Dex damage, where apllicable. take it away folks

7. - Top - End - #157

Tau Pei

Is the first person up. He feels slightly steadier on his feet, though still ailing. He looks out the window, wondering how his kingdom is doing under the impostor. Who knows what he's doing with them, now that he's on the throne. I wish there was more I could do... His thoughts stray to his servants still trapped in his kingdom, and one servant in particular crosses his mind... I hope she is still alive...

8. - Top - End - #158

Morgainmonde

Gather round, there's plenty of healing stick to go around. This handy device comes courteous of your friendly neighborhood clerical staff. Visit a cleric and leave a donation today!

Spoiler
    Show
    Wand of Cure Light wounds:
    (1d8+1)[6]
    (1d8+1)[7]
    (1d8+1)[6]
    I'm probably going to need more, but lets see how I'm doing after this. Anyone else, my character can heal you. For a fee of course

Current HP=32
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-07-01 at 07:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

HalflingRogueGirl

Syrus

No thanks Morgan, I'll heal naturally for now. I'm off to buy a resoration spell. Anyone else? She looks pointedly at Tau Pei....

10. - Top - End - #160

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it still raining?
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    and now for the weather we turn to Olie. Olie? IT'S HOT OUT!!
    Thank you Olie, and in other news...

The sun is shining. IT is early mornign, but is already beginning to heat up, promising an unussual hot day for the time year.

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show
    Half the idea with the manor was that the rain wouldn't go away unless we beat through it. (sort of like in an rpg where the world doesn't change unless the characters trigger the next step). Not because of anything super natural. But hot weather can be good too.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

Tau Pei

Notices Syrus looking at him. Hmm? Oh, sorry, I was a little distracted. Yes, that'll be fine. Thanks.

14. - Top - End - #164

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by neoseph7 View Post
    Half the idea with the manor was that the rain wouldn't go away unless we beat through it. (sort of like in an rpg where the world doesn't change unless the characters trigger the next step). Not because of anything super natural. But hot weather can be good too]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought of that, but LoP had already established that the weather was mundane and that it had been going on for quite some time already. LoP didn't give me much to work with besides a location, general quest directive,
    and a creature type , so I made something up as we went. I didn't make sense to me that the reletivly minor (on a global scale at least) concentration of evil I had set-up would cause that dramatic of an effect as a powerful downpour, which has a fairly high spell level attached to it. So now, we got sun. You'll notice a difference when you get more local to the manor.

15. - Top - End - #165

OrcBarbarianGuy

Why those images why now
    That thing is unnatural it must be destroyed!
    Odin bellows as he enters the common room despensing with civilities.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

16. - Top - End - #166

Morgainmonde

Gets up, healed and refreshed, and looks around the inn at what remain of his comrades. All right guys. Lets finish what we started. The seven skies may not even know the poor souls lost to that foul creature to satisfy it's urge to don their skins. Lets be off. Let's see if I can't find that blasted bow. Had grown attacked to the dumb thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless something comes up on the way, Morgainmonde heads out to the front of the mansion, meeting anyone doing the same en route.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    To speed this up, Tau Pei each benfit from a Lesser Restoration Spell for free (because the spell has no componant costs, and the targets are activly targeting a menace to the town) The Cleric acnnot give more than one such spell per day to anyone, due to needing to save one for dire circumstances Tau Pei heal (1d4)[1] DEX Syrus heals (1d4)[1] DEX

Needing only a short de-tour, the temple is on the way to mansion, Syrus and Tau Pei recieve thier blessings and join Morgan again by the time he reaches the gate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    note: it has been less than 24 hours sinceour last encounter with the creature. as long it is defeated on this try, no will need to make any will saves against it's fear aura. any tries after this will each provoke new saves.

18. - Top - End - #168

Tau Pei

Whatever this new monstrosity is, it'll taste my blade... Stumbles a little, still feeling the effects of the poison, though both the cleric and a good night's rest had done a little to help that. What's the plan?

19. - Top - End - #169

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ohhhhh were off to kill the nasty, the evil nasty of the haunted manor!
    Odin begins to sing as he draws out his club, preparing to smash a nasty.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

20. - Top - End - #170

HalflingRogueGirl

Syrus

We can be reasonably sure that it is in there somewhere, but we won't know where. I advise extreme caution, and don't get more than one room apart.

21. - Top - End - #171

Tau Pei

Draws his greatsword, ready to venture in. I see. I'm still under the weather, but I'll make sure this... thing never draws another breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should we decide on marching order?

22. - Top - End - #172

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy fourth everyone. If you know active service of veteran poeples, make sure to thank them. See you all tommorrow

23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon 6 View Post
    Happy fourth everyone. If you know active service of veteran poeples, make sure to thank them. See you all tommorrow
    I'm from Denmark and i've never been in America or met someone from America, so i don't know any veterans... Happy fourth to all the Americans!

Derrick
    I don't want to go into that scary mansion again!

24. - Top - End - #174

Morgainmonde

Relax Derrick. The lot of us sticking together will beat that beasty into the ground. Then we can l00t the mansion!

Spoiler
    Show
    The 4th of July is the anniversary of independence, and thus veterans that fought in that war are rather rare. We have memorial day and veteran's day in which we go out thanking veterans of any of our wars. I have to say though, it never occurs to me that other nationalities are online on the same sites. It certainly doesn't bother me, in fact I think it's rather cool.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

eek Re: bigginers game

Derrick
    Yeah, we can beat that monster when we're together! And i like the loot part of the idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by neoseph7 View Post
    The 4th of July is the anniversary of independence, and thus veterans that fought in that war are rather rare. We have memorial day and veteran's day in which we go out thanking veterans of any of our wars. I have to say though, it never occurs to me that other nationalities are online on the same sites. It certainly doesn't bother me, in fact I think it's rather cool.
    I see...
    And in fact, i've only seen one playgrounder except from me that's danish.
    And I'd still wish you a happy independence day.

By the way, it would be nice if you could point out where i've made "grammar mistakes", so i can learn from my fails.

(It looks like i like to start my sentences with "and".)

26. - Top - End - #176

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Gracious Thanks for the good wishes from Denmark. Your written english is better than many I've seen on the Web. I would not have guessed. Hope you enjoyed your trip insecure.

Syrus
    Syrus pats Derrick firmly on the back and smiles at him reassuringly as she passes him on her way to the door. She stops on the stoop, and after a short spasm fest to loosen herself up, Syrus aproahes the front door, opens it and takes a peek. Not seeing the monstrosity in the initial room, and noting the splintered wood from yesterday evening, she nods to her companions, and cautiously enters the building, Quarterstaff at guard.
    Last edited by Dragoon 6; 2008-07-06 at 03:49 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Derrick
    Derrick unsheathes his rapier, ready to fight, but he still seems a little feared by the thought that the monster can be anywhere in this mansion.

Spoiler
    Show

To simulate that Derrick is frightened by the mansion, or rather, by the monster in the mansion, he'll act like if he was shaken as long as he is in the mansion and the monster still (un)lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon 6 View Post
    Gracious Thanks for the good wishes from Denmark. Your written english is better than many I've seen on the Web. I would not have guessed. Hope you enjoyed your trip insecure.
    Thanks

28. - Top - End - #178

Morgainmonde

Walks into the mansion, cautiously approaching where his bow should be. He readies both Light Picks, and prepares himself for the worst.

Alright guys. It's around here somewhere. Lets stay in group formation, with non melee combatants hugging the wall behind the front lines. Lets not leave ourselves open to attack.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-07-06 at 10:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

OrcBarbarianGuy

Just stay out of my way once we find this thing I am going to go arena on its ass

I want this thing dead it is an abomination

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a canadian so the first was my holiday but happy fourth to the two americians.
    Last edited by RagnarRock; 2008-07-06 at 02:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

HalflingRogueGirl

Syrus

I say we clear the Kitchen first. she whispers, indicating the room from which the horror initialy issued. I think it likely to have gone back to that. Odin? With she gestures it's direction, indicating the hulking half-orc should probably be allowed to go first.