New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes United (Mutants and Masterminds)

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry 'bout that. Been super busy.

Mishka Hodge - Songbird

She raised an eyebrow, watching the events transpire. She was hanging languidly back, looking about and summing up Rant and Rave before running in and starting to attack like a crazy woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Gather Information feat.

"Look," She mused out loud, leaning on a counter and looking down at her nails. She didn't seem none too bothered by the attacks or the punks trying to rob the bank. Brushing some of her long, red hair from her eyes, she smiles attractively at the people running the show. "Do we really need to fight? I mean, really... is it unnecessary?"

And with that, she began to hum under her breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Fascinate feat on Perform. 1d20+16 → [18,16] = (34). Hope I'm doing this right... I really need to get the M&M manual.
    The creature in the darkness is chargin' it's lazor! (Pox's product of late-night boredom)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry 'bout that. Been super busy.

Mishka Hodge - Songbird

She raised an eyebrow, watching the events transpire. She was hanging languidly back, looking about and summing up Rant and Rave before running in and starting to attack like a crazy woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Gather Information feat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You’ve heard of the three metahuman robbers before; some small-time crook trying to impress you with how well-connected he was. The telekinetic goes by Id, but like many meta-crooks, the robbers' real identities are unknown. The three, while fairly powerful, aren’t very bright, and are rather low on the criminal totem pole, though. Planning and staging a bank robbery independently seems a little unlike them.

You can't see enough of the thugs to make a positive ID.

((That was a Natural 20, by the way. You might want to consider putting some points into Gather Information at some point if you want to use Well Informed reliably))

"Look," She mused out loud, leaning on a counter and looking down at her nails. She didn't seem none too bothered by the attacks or the punks trying to rob the bank. Brushing some of her long, red hair from her eyes, she smiles attractively at the people running the show. "Do we really need to fight? I mean, really... is it unnecessary?"

And with that, she began to hum under her breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Fascinate feat on Perform. 1d20+16 → [18,16] = (34). Hope I'm doing this right... I really need to get the M&M manual.
    ((Unfortunately, Facinate doesn't work when during combat, or if there's a threat nearby. You'll need to purchase a superpower to do that.))
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-06-16 at 11:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

((Sorry Pox, but in the interest of keeping this game moving, I can't wait any longer for a reply))

((Initiative:
    Pinnacle
    Songbird
    Doctor Spectrum
    Moon Lord
    Fracture
    Miss Fortune
    TK
    Fastlane
    Rant
    Thugs (7)
    Rave))

With inhuman speed, Pinnacle deals a tremendous blow to one of the remaining thugs, and it disappears just like his previous target. The mutant's attempt at a follow-up attack against Rave falters, and she casually steps out of the way.

Songbird directs a sonic blast right at Rant, but it goes wide, cracking a wall behind him.

Doctor Spectrum's blast of light clips the telekinetic in the shoulder, spinning him around and slamming him through the glass door of the bank. You can see him trying to get to his feet, though, so it looks like there's still some fight left in him. ((Bruised, Stunned, and Prone via Knockback))

Lunar rushes Rant at incredible speed, taking a mighty swing at the criminal meta. Unfortunately, Rant moved faster than mighty mutant anticipated, and the attack went wild.

Fracture feels his bone armour regenerating, and in moments, his exoskeleton feels good as new.

Miss Fortune watches the combat carefully, prepared to intervene should the opportunity present itself.

Fastlane's impromptu projectiles hit home, knocking the thug across the room. Like the thugs Pinnacle attacked, this one vanishes into thin air.

Rant quickly turns toward Lunar while the mutant is still off balance from his failed attack. As he draws his breath in to ready another sonic attack, he "happens" to step on a loose tile, tripping him up slightly and causing the blast to go wide. ((On a side note; TroyXavier, Jinxing requires an attack roll, so feel free to post that too))

Oddly enough, despite three of them being surrounded by more immediate threats, all five of the thugs open fire on Doctor Spectrum. Though the good doctor evades the first few shots, and his protective barrier of light absorbs still more, the sheer weight of phase cannon fire threatens to overwhelm his defences. ((SuperMuldoon, roll a Toughness Save, DC 27))

Just as the worst seems to be over, Rave begins to hum, and the world goes topsy-turvy. The villains and scenery seem to blur around you, and you suddenly realize you can't even hear. ((The bank is now under the effects of a Visual and Auditory Obscure))

((Post your actions, folks))

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Fracture

When the world turns upside down, Fracture staggered a moment trying to regain his balance. These guys were getting more annoying by the moment! He didn't trust himself to move too much so he tried to spot the nearest group of thugs through the warping haze...or at least where he thought they were. There was a black spot that looked like a few thugs, and since he didn't remember a lot of people in the bank wearing black he figured it was a good chance. Best not use lethal force just in case, though... So, he turned his bone sword so that he was using the flat of the blade and charged them, aiming a slap at the first one's head...uh...area, he thought. Then, following up if any more were in range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten because they're minions. So, that's a 20 to hit. Damage is 10. Concealment rolls:
    Concealment (1d100=46, 1d100=95, 1d100=9)
    I guess I hit one, depending on how many I actually found...and supposing they aren't innocent bystanders. Oh, and I sent Pox the M&M2e book so she should be back on the ball soon.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-06-20 at 11:48 AM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Lunar

Lunar focused for a moment, trying to figure out a way to reduce the drawbacks of the situation. He couldn't hear or see, so he went for a blind shot. Take out the source, take out the power. Hoping he can act faster than the metapowered girl, he rushed towards her, with a singular intent - beat her up hard. Meanwhile, he did his best not to allow the girl's powers annoy him.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: I use a Hero Point to get Blind Fight for the round.

EDIT: Ahem. Two of the rolls I made decided not to work, so I deleted them all. Should I re-roll in another post or should you do it yourself?))

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2008-06-20 at 12:47 PM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

((OOC: Just in case...

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+8)[14]
    Miss Chance - (1d20)[18]
    Miss Chance Re-Roll - (1d20)[1]
    ))
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2008-06-20 at 01:58 PM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pinnacle

As everything is his field of vision begins to blur, Pinnacle smirks and closes his eyes. "If you think you can beat me that way," he begins confidently, before realizing that his hearing is similarly affected, "you may actually be right.."

Trying to remember exactly where Rave was, he throws a powerful punch in her direction, hoping to hit her hard enough to end the effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Power Attack for an attack roll of (1d20+5)[23] and a Toughness DC of 30.
    (1d20)[10] for Concealment.
    Gamer avatar by kpenguin. I love the tiny little game pad belt.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

FASTLANE

Like a bad 70s cut scene Fastlane's vision began to swirl. "Whoa trippy! It would be kinda cool if this wasn't the middle of a fight..." Ah crud I can't even hear my own witty quips! Okay think Freddie...Too many friendlies around to throw stuff willy-nilly and hope you hit. Maybe if I concentrate hard enough I can just effect everyone woth something non-lethal. It's a gamble but... The former streetracer concentrated attempting to siphon the kinetic energy from the surrounding area.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Extra Effort for a Power Stunt:
    Alternate Power: Paralyze 10 [Extras: Area-Burst, Flaws: Full Round Action]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

Miss Fortune shook her head trying not to fall under the influence of these weird vibrations. "May need a little luck here" she muttered under her breath.
    She prepares for any attack he might pull off.

Spoiler
    Show
    She'll try and Jinx Rant if she is able to do so. Ranged Touch Attack. And of course for some reason I can't get the forum to roll a die for me. It's +6 to whatever.
    Last edited by TroyXavier; 2008-06-22 at 08:19 PM. Reason: posting action
    None of us have tampered with the fundemental natural order when bored. That would be wrong.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

((To save time, could you guys roll a Reflex and Will save?))

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Reflex - (1d20+6)[21]
    Will - (1d20+6)[11]

Please be good...))
    I use black for sarcasm.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: 1d20+13=25
    Will: 1d20+7=15

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ha! Got him! Doctor Spectrum thinks as he watches the telekenetic go through the glass door of the bank. Now to deal with- He looks down and sees 5 pulse rifles all pointed up at him. "Oh shi-" His light barrier glows under the barrage and threatens to cave.

Spoiler
    Show

toughness - (1d20+12)[32]

I'll post my action after we find out if I get smoked by these thugs
    also, I'll change my color to green since everyone seems to like blue
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

14. - Top - End - #44

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[22] Reflex
    (1d20+7)[14] Will

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13] reflex (1d20+3)[16] will
    Last edited by TroyXavier; 2008-06-22 at 08:01 PM.
    None of us have tampered with the fundemental natural order when bored. That would be wrong.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

((Still waiting on SuperMuldoon and Pox))

17. - Top - End - #47

Dr. Spectrum

"That was too close...now for a little return fire!" Dr. Spectrum prepares to fire a blast at one of the thugs when suddenly everything gets all spinny. "Ahhhhghh! What the heck is going on?!" Dr. Spectrum lines up his blast as best as he can and fires it at one of the thugs.

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (1d20+8)[25]
    I'm not really sure how obscure works and I'm at work and not near my books...I can check it when I get home or if you want h_v you can roll or attach the appropriate modifiers to my rolls just to get everything moving along

reflex - (1d20+7)[20]
    will - (1d20+7)[17]
    Thog fan 4 life

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Mishka Hodge - Songbird

Songbird furrowed her brow as the plaster and the paint crumbled from the wall. Damnit! She thought, gripping her hands into fists. She still needed more practice. When mustering up the breath in her lungs, she closed her eyes for a moment to prepare her next attack. Unfortunately, the world wasn't the same when she opened them.

She couldn't see anything properly at all, so instead she hovered slightly on the spot before slowly rising. Perhaps she could get a better overview of the situation from above?

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex: 1d20+15 → [19,15] = (34) - On successful reflex, can I use my Evasion?
    Will: 1d20+12 → [15,12] = (27)
    Last edited by Pox; 2008-06-23 at 02:45 PM.
    The creature in the darkness is chargin' it's lazor! (Pox's product of late-night boredom)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

This time, Pinnacle's attack is much less effective; the shape of Rave wavers and wobbles, and the punch misses by a mile.

Songbird rises on a cushion of sound waves. Unfortunately, the sound of Rave's humming doesn't diminish, and she still has trouble seeing and hearing.

Dr. Spectrum takes aim as best he can, and aims a blast of light at one of the thugs. Despite the difficulty seeing, you swear you see another of the black shapes vanish.

((Rose, since you made your concealment roll first try, I'm going to go ahead and refund your wasted Hero Point))
    Despite the chaos, Lunar manages to get a lock on Rave's position for a moment. He tries to attack, but Rave easily sidesteps.

Fracture's attack seems to be on target, but he merely hits an afterimage.

Miss Fortune tries to jinx Rant, but it doesn't seem to be working this time. ((Miss because of concealment))

Fastlane manages to absorb the momentum of everything around him. Lunar and Miss Fortune feel like they're moving through molasses instead of air ((slowed)), but the other heroes manage to evade the effects. The humming doesn't seem to have stopped, but the blurry figures of Rant and the thugs seemed to have stopped moving.

The heroes can't quite see what Rave is doing, but she seems to be moving quite quickly.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-06-24 at 06:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

[b]Pinnacle[b]

Pinnacle feels intense frustration as he misses Rave and the world continues to swim around him.

Are people getting out of here or are they just as stuck as I am? C'mon boy, you can't see or hear her, so focus on your other senses..

For the briefest moment, he leans back and sniffs the air, trying to remember something about Rave, maybe a perfume or lotion, anything, that he could use to find her.

"Gotcha! Can't beat me, can ya?" he says triumphantly (for nobody to hear), as he manages to form a mental picture of the scene and charges at her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using extra effort to do a power stunt on Pinnacle's Super-Senses--Alternate Power (Super-Senses: Accurate scent).
    That should help him aim a charge.
    (1d20+10)[12], Toughness DC 27, Defense drops to 16 for the round.
    Last edited by Pinnacle; 2008-06-24 at 08:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

Miss Fortune

Ironic Miss Fortune mused, I'm having bad luck. Slowly muttering, she tried to shake off the vertigo she seemed to be suffering. "Just let me get close enough and the closest person won't like what will happen."

22. - Top - End - #52

Doctor Spectrum

Alright...this crazy spinning noise thing has to stop now. Doctor Spectrum thinks to himself as he tries to pick out the source of the distortion (Rave, I believe). Upon seeing (sorta?) the person creating it, he tries to form a cube of "hard light" around them, sealing the distortion inside and hopefully bringing everything back to normal.

Spoiler
    Show

Create object around Rave, going to attempt to seal her up and keep her "humming" inside if possible. She gets to make a reflex save, I think DC 22. Would I need to roll for the obscure to see if I can perceive her in order to attempt this?
    Thog fan 4 life

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMuldoon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Create object around Rave, going to attempt to seal her up and keep her "humming" inside if possible. She gets to make a reflex save, I think DC 22. Would I need to roll for the obscure to see if I can perceive her in order to attempt this?
    ((Yes you will. Also, since Create Object is Ranged, you'll need to make an attack roll. ))
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-06-25 at 12:49 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Mishka Hodge - Songbird

Squinting around, she tries to find a blurr of colour that would indicate where Rave was standing. Again, she closes her eyes to remember where everyone in the bank was standing. If she shuffled back to face where the front doors are/were, she may even be able to hit the robbers - all of them - with one good scream.

Positioning herself properly (she hopes!), Songbird lets out an unearthly scream.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Attack Roll for Sonic Blast: 1d20+10 → [9,10] = (19)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Lunar

Assuming everyone will blast away at Rave, Lunar goes for a different direction - getting everyone the hell out. Anyone that isn't involved in the fight is probably a civilian, and should be gotten out before they are harmed. He hopes he can act fast enough before the thugs fire at the reinforcing parts of the structure.
    I use black for sarcasm.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

FASTLANE

Unfortunately is still looked through Freddie's eyes that he had dropped some acid and stared at a disco ball in a noisy club for 4 hours...Ahhh memories!
    From what he could tell though there was still plenty of action going on and the fight was not over. Still not wanting to hurt anyone he wasn't supposed to he thought it may be a great time to talk a baddie down.

"The Party is over Rave! From now on you and your Club-kids are gonna be dancing in jail."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC Taunt to demoralize as a standard action (1d20+10)[12]

27. - Top - End - #57

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about that h_v, here's the rolls!

attack - (1d20+8)[28]
    concealment - (1d20)[13]

I think this is right?
    Thog fan 4 life

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Fracture

"Damn, these jokers are really starting to piss me off." Fracture hissed through his teeth.

He didn't even know where the hell the goons were! If he attacked one of them and missed he might disembowel a civilian, which would mean a lot less time at his bar for sure. He never regretted having his mutant powers, not once in his life, but sometimes he wished that his powers had manifested in such a way that he could use them in a nonlethal capacity. The only thing he could do to limit the damage was make his bone weapons blunt rather than sharp...and even then it was a problem. It didn't have to be sharp for a bone spike to crack someone's skull.

He racked his brain for a solution and, to his surprise, one came to him nearly immediately. He wished it hadn't as his mind had went straight to the comic books he'd read as a kid. There was a superhero, one of those star-spangled boyscout types, that had a shield he could throw like a discus. It was heavy enough to knock the bad guy out of the fight but at the same time not do any lasting damage. He was almost embarrassed to actually be imitating the guy so obviously, but he couldn't think of anything else and he didn't have much time to spare.

So, Matt transferred his sword to his off-hand and reached behind him to a wide, flat bone, his scapula (shoulder-blade). He reached through his armor and flesh, fingers parting the surface like water again, and actually pulled out a larger piece of bone than should have been there. Holding it in his hand, he let the material grow and shape into a concave, round shape until it was about maybe two or two and a half feet in diameter.

"Well, here's for pulling something out of your ass, Matt..." he grumbled, hoping someone would knock that chick out so he could be of more use.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

((That's a neat idea, but what's your action, exactly? ))

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No other action. He has to use Create Object to make it, which takes his standard action this turn. It's the downside to his particular power.

Spoiler
    Show