New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: End of Ages (DnD 4e)

"I am not too familiar with goblins, but from what i know they are intelligent and have communal societies, not too different from humans, except that people are terrified of them. Uglier as well from what i gather, but i doubt i could determine that." She let her gaze pass over the group, as she broke into a smile. She knew that it would likely be an insult to the most common race around, but none of the people present were human in any case. "So i support Daamatka's suggestion of talking to them. Living out here should leave them lacking all sorts of things, perhaps we can even get them to find the tablet for us if they are in the keep. Easier that way and prevents us from getting dirty in there. If they are not in the fort we should just search it."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Daamatka lets out a light chuckle and turns to Sariel "he he. Goblins are not smart my lady. They are only cunning with traps and ambushes. That is a generalization, I'm sure. I personnaly, have never met a smart goblin, and I doubt there are very many in the world. Humans have a higher amount of smart beings, and the rest of their populace can at least feign intelligence." He chuckles softly again. "Intelligent. Whoo."
    Last edited by McMindflayer; 2008-06-24 at 07:41 PM.
    I heard a voice from above, claiming to be in charge of my destiny. After shooting it twice, it never came back.” – From Floral Justice

“Fear is only a Dream – so dream, my little one, dream” – R.K. Milholland

“Whenever someone asks me to be completely candid, part of me wonders if they know what they’re getting into, and another part of me is scared they just might…” – R.K. Milholland

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Terridus
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tracks seem to be between two to three days old. Unfortunately, they've degraded enough that you can't really tell where they go to due to the milling about, and the best estimate you can make on numbers is between 10 and 25.

Daamatka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not a problem is saying what you did. Unfortunately, you can't really think of anything else they would trade for, if they aren't hostile/hungry/in a pissy mood, and someone in your group can speak Goblin.

Rolondo
    Spoiler
    Show
    The forest is quiet. As in, there isn't nearly the ambient animal noises there should be quiet. Strange that you didn't notice it until now...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Terridus

"I'm afraid you're all getting ahead of yourselves. These tracks are at least a day or two old. We may not be encountering the goblins at all." He stands and grips his sword's hilt loosely.
    "Of course, if we do we should be careful. They're around fifteen strong, possibly more."
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

Rolondo

As Rolondo listens in on the the surroundings, he realizes something that makes him feel a bit on guard. "Um, guys. Is it just me, or does it seem unusually quiet around here? I mean I don't hear the same animal noises that we heard before. Does that strike anyone else as odd?" He walks over and stands next to Watchtower, keeping his eyes alert on their surroundings and feeling better about his decision to draw his dagger.
    Last edited by Kabump; 2008-06-26 at 03:24 PM.
    Avatar made by ME! I think I did well!

6. - Top - End - #66

SwashbucklerGuy

Could such quiet be resultant of Feywild properties? Mayhaps a predator previously unfamiliar to this wild has imbalanced its ecology. Or, I have heard animals can become very quiet just before a storm. But I am not knowledgeable firsthand of such things.

Watchtower touches the golden symbol of Pelor on his chest and silently prays for a safe travel.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

"I wouldn't know. The Feywild was always alive in a way this world isn't, i thought this quiet was just how it is here. I don't know what effect a creature from the Feywild would have on the local animals, so i don't know if the two are related. If the camp is deserted let's press on for now, there is no point in standing here wasting time, we will just have to deal with the goblins when we meet them" She broke into a small grin as she traced the filigree adorning the hilt of her sword, seeming entirely confident in her ability to deal with goblins whether through talking or fighting.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Terridus

"Agreed, we have a goal here and it isn't the goblins. If we keep our guard up, we should be fine. Terridus stands, brushes off his knees, and continues on the path.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

9. - Top - End - #69

Sgarn nods "Let's continue on and keep our fingers crossed with blades at the ready. We should reach the tower before our good friend the sun sets and we'll be in a better position to see what we're dealing with." Sgarn keeps a good grip on his sword in one hand, and sets off with Terridus towards the tower.

10. - Top - End - #70

Rolondo

Not wanting to be left behind, Rolondo quickly turns and follows Sgarn and Terridus as the start to head out. There was still the matter of the 1000 gold reward for being back first after all, no sense in wasting time! And who knows what kind of neat stuff they would find in the ruins! With one last glance around to look for trouble, Rolondo catches up with Sgarn and falls into his customary position in the middle of the marching order. His thoughts soon drift off into the thoughts of 1000 gold coins...

Spoiler
    Show

One last perception check [roll]1d20+5[/roll] Then as his mind starts to wander, Rolondo will use his passive perception as he dreams of gold coins (15 passive perception)
    Last edited by Kabump; 2008-06-29 at 07:44 PM.
    Avatar made by ME! I think I did well!