New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Hero Academy #3: Shades of Grey

As soon as Leshii mentions Lopez was a little young to be a colonel her face started to frown at Leshii. Lopez’ face then started to glow bright red but after taking a few deep breaths she calmed herself down.

“I’ll have you know I have been in the Army before your parents were even born” Replied with normal volume but her tone held a subtle hint of annoyance or anger.

“Although more likely I was in the army before your grandparents were even born” Lopez muttered under her breath.

“Where were you when I was fighting the Nazi?” Replied Lopez with subtle annoyance or anger, just like before.
    Last edited by Akisa; 2008-10-22 at 11:42 AM.
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

"Err, non-existent." Sensing a fair bit of annoyance, Leshii adopts a more conciliatory tone. "I only said you looked a little young. I know how deceiving appearances can be." Leshii shifts into Colonel Lopez's shape. "See?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

FX listens to the interchange. "Interesting. So did your body just quit aging period? Or was it a gradual thing, like an overweight yuppie on a treadmill?"

4. - Top - End - #94

DrowGirl

Lopez sighed for a moment and then replied to Leshii with “Whatever” before she turned and faced FX.

Lopez paused for a moment as rubbed her chin as she looked for a simple explanation the doctors had told her.

“Well the doctors have told me my Telomeres, a Lego like thing attached to my DNA don’t reduce in number after each cell division. In most people including super heroes Telomeres reduce when cell division occurs. They say as far as they know I'm immortal, just not invulnerable.” replied Colonel Lopez.

5. - Top - End - #95

"Ouch. Sorry you got boned on the whole superpower thing. If you want, I could probably cook up something to help?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet is rather impolite in her reactions, at least at first. She has to cover her mouth to conceal her smirks and giggles. Of course, it's not done with intent to harm, but the sight of a child with a gun like that, speaking so seriously in so young a voice, inevitably causes a a small fit of laughter. It is out of respect that she does her best to cover the laughter, turning to face away while she does all she can to keep herself from making things uncomfortable. When she regains composure, she takes a few breaths and makes sure she's done laughing into her paw before facing them once more.

"Pleasure to meet you. Colonel." She says politely, then attempts a salute. Of course, all the while, she's wondering how often Lopez got the Minor Major joke thrown at them.

7. - Top - End - #97

DrowGirl

The colonel sighed for a moment at FX’s offered as she continued to ignore Sekhmet.

“Well thanks for the offer but I somehow doubt you’ll be able to do anything, Uncle Sam wasn’t able to do so for well over 60 years,” replied the Colonel before she turned to Sekhmet after she had saluted her.

“No offense but I’m going to have to declare this area a no salute zone, there is a potential of threat of super villains nearby. I don’t want to be singled out for target of a sniper or magical attack to include mental control” said the Colonel directed to Sekhmet, with a slight hint of annoyance in her tone.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshii surreptitiously looks around. "Do you suspect you're being tailed?"

9. - Top - End - #99

DrowGirl

"No not exactly, however up until a few moments ago I didn't know White Knight would be here. Speaking of which how did you exactly know he would be here" replied Lopez.
    Last edited by Akisa; 2008-10-24 at 03:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet, at Lopez's comments, just shrugs noncommittally and begins to juggle fireballs as she waits, quietly muttering "Well, I'd probably not even listen to your orders anyway..." under her breath. It wasn't out of defiance, just out of self-knowledge. Then, with more force in her voice, she catches the flames and says "Do you know White Knight is going to be here? Because if not, I need to get back to looking. I owe him an incineration and a half..." She explained, then stretching her hands apart, creating a much larger ball of flame, which then spirals, condenses, and bursts into a shower of sparks that dissipate before they hit the ground.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's...complicated. The gist of it is that a well-informed source got in contact with us and said that you were close to finding White Knight." Leshii wanted to tell the whole truth, but realized that "a supervillain sent us secret messages through the television" wouldn't be the most convincing story. She'd have to explain the details later, when time wasn't an issue.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-10-25 at 08:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

FX grins at Leshii's attempt to be circumspect. "An insane supervillian sent us secret messages through our TV. Noone else got the visual feed that he routed to us, so here we are."
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2008-10-27 at 12:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

DrowGirl

Lopez sighed for moment as she took in all the information. On one hand the enemy may know she’s here and was mocking her and wants them to try ambush her, or an outside individual is pulling the strings.

“Ok well, I assume you meant ‘thee’ insane super villain, if not correct me. Ok he’s rough sketch of the target area. I was about to ambush a supposedly meeting, my primary target is to capture one person in particular… Alive” Replied Lopez as she bent down and drew a rough sketch of the meeting area.

Lopez then went on to describe her main target in detail so the group they easily identify him.

14. - Top - End - #104

Suddenly, there is a big flash of light in the distance, followed by an explosion (about 2-300 yards further into Central Park, apparently).
    Central Park was looking weird enough as is, all black-and-white, with only half as many people out as usual. The explosion only makes things look even more surreal.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshii takes off for the scene of the explosion, using her stretching skills to move much faster than a normal person.

16. - Top - End - #106

FX sprints back to the car. As he jumps in, he trigggers the automatic roof. "Get in!" He waits just long enough for everyone to literally jump in, then burns rubber...

17. - Top - End - #107

DrowGirl

“What the *&*#” Lopez yelled as the explosion took place.

Through instinct Lopez unstrapped her sniper rifle and loaded a round into the chamber was prepared to set off in the direction of the explosion. However as soon as FX yelled to get in the car, she quickly turned around and returned to the car.

“Is this vehicle armored?” asked Lopez as she got in.

18. - Top - End - #108

FX grins. "Not in the typical sense, but it's a lot harder to dent then your average sports car. Hang on." FX does a power slide through the oncoming lane to mount the curb, while flipping a switch on his dashboard. "I've always wanted to use this."

The car suddenly sprouts a siren on the roof, complete with flashing lights. However the siren sounds unlike a police siren and more like something else that you can't place, but is very familiar...

((The siren from the Ecto-1, if it helps to place it...))

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet, spurred on by the explosion, grins. This is just what she'd been waiting for, or so she hoped. With a simple motion, she rushes towards the site of the blast, readying a burning fire in both her hands, becoming a monotone vision of blazing justice, hoping to find her prime quarry in sight as she moves into the air, getting as much of a clear sight of the blast area and beyond it as possible.

20. - Top - End - #110

As you arrive on the scene, you see numerous panicked civilians fleeing from the destruction. In the middle of it all, three costumed individuals stand.
    One is dressed in an all-white KKK outfit, nonchalantly sending out a beam of bright light that causes another explosion. "Come on, ya spic. Show 'em norms what you got."
    The person he's addressing is dressed in bright red spandex. The costume separates the legs and body, looking a bit like an armor; it also includes a domino mask, and has an "F" written in cursive on the chest. The guy, seemingly of Hispanic origin, sounds a bit unsure of himself as he raises his hand. "Y-yeah..." The next moment, a blast of fire erupts from him, incinerating a few nearby trees.
    The third guy is wearing some kind of blue-and-white survivalist gear, and is ignoring the other two as he blasts a nearby lake, causing it instantly to freeze.
    The first guy is easy enough to recognize as White Knight.

Lopez:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've heard of the third guy - one of the supremacists Fuego is believed to have been hanging around. Name's Ragnarok, and he's an ice-controller with some degree of invulnerability.
    The 2nd guy is definitely Fuego. Same costume, same voice.

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

21. - Top - End - #111

FX screeches the car to a halt near enough for all three villians to see everyone load out. "Wow, an elemental theme huh? I see where the fire and ice come in, but when exactly did suck become an element?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet

With a grin, Sekhmet rears up and readies for a fight. "Around the same time that dirt like this ended up everywhere!" The valiant cry was a little less than what she had hoped it would be, but the other option in her mind seemed too... R-Rated for a public place like the park. Knowing that White Knight is probably well equipped with fire resistance, knowing all about his "flames of purity", she opted against divine flames. Instead, the lioness swooped back in a circle, surveying the park and the surrounding area to try and get a judging of her surroundings, then charged...

It was probably not something White Knight expected to see that day, especially in black and white, as a flaming incarnation of justice shot at him faster than a speeding bullet, arms spread outwards, aiming for his mid-section, attempting to catch him and bring him down on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sekhmet is charging White Knight at full speed, in a sort of slam attack. I'm hoping to get a dramatic effect here, to send this guy careening into the ground and leaving an impact crater, or some other suitably damaging effect but without harming civilians.

If it's suitable, given the circumstances, I'm hoping that a grapple could follow, as she would attempt to pin him down.

I'm not exactly too up to date on the mechanics of slam attacks but I think they made it into this edition, right? Or am I going to have to change my methodology?
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2008-12-19 at 12:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshii leaps into the air, using FX's car as a springboard to propel herself up close and personal with Bright Red. Multiple arms spring from her shoulders, trying to wrap around the villain's arms and legs. Getting this close to Bright Red would be dangerous, but at least he'd find it harder to attack civilians.

Still, something seemed...wrong somehow. Leshii always had a sixth sense for evaluating people, and right now it was seeing hesitation. Even as she attacked, she took in his stance, his expression, and his forthcoming response, looking for an angle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Close distance and grapple the fire manipulator. If possible, Leshii'll use Sense Motive to try and get a read on him.

24. - Top - End - #114

((Ugh. Sorry for the long delay; was sick.
    Anyway, hoping to get back into plot very soon, though I'm still waiting for Lopez's action...))