New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The other half of D&D

Kearn
    Hah!
    Kearn lifts his hand, and sends a line of lighting right at the spider at h8. After the spell hits the spider, it divides in 12 new lines, which hits all the other kobolds and spiders, except for the kobold and spider at m3.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kearn casts chain lighting, targeting the spider at h8, and bounces off to all the other spiders and kobolds, except the kobold and spider at m3.
    Damage to h8 spider:(12d6+6)[53]
    Damage to all other targets:(6d6)[29]

2. - Top - End - #92

AYEEEE!-scream the kobolds as the lighting fries their little bodies into charred carcasses. The only thing left from the first spider to be hit is a smoking crater due to her poor reflexes, and the other ones also get their fur toasted, altough they still manage to stand. Barely.

Spoiler
    Show
    All kobolds hit dead, spider at H8 dead, remaining spiders still moving but seem badly hurt.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-25 at 05:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Well thanks, for going along
    with my idea to take over the mount
    The spider will be easier to Handle
    after you've killed it off like that

Jack adds, inventing a few new lyrics for his song in the process.

On his turn, he will Escape Artist (1d20+12)[13] and move 15 feet to the left, taking cover behind a tree.

Wait a moment.... if all I'm going to do is move 15 feet anyways, why do I need to roll Escape Artist? I draw my sword and move to behind the tree.
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-06-26 at 01:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94

Don't kill the last kobold, we needs someone to lead us to the dragon.
    Last edited by insecure; 2008-06-26 at 12:43 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

@Solo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please do OOC comments and questions in spoilers. This is confusing.

Spoiler
    Show
    When does turn 2 start? I lost overview already

6. - Top - End - #96

RETREAT!-screams one of the kobolds who had been thrown from it's mount, running to the shaddows of the forest and disapearing along with other unmounted kobold.

The rider near pie, however, decides to don't take chances and backs off carefully to avoid any more nasty attacks. However, as it retreats, it shouts some strange screams at the spiders. Most of them are pinned by the wind and don't do anything, but one of them still has her head out and manages to breath fire towards Kearn and Uther. Uther stands strong, but Kearn's webs catch fire and the warmage falls in agony with the heat.

Taking this chance, the other spider who hadn't been locked by the wind advances towards Uther but it only manages to cracth it's poison filled pincers against the crusader's tick armor.

However, other spider manages to free itself from the winds, and closes in with Pie and Cake, breathing fire towards them. The druid and his companion get burned again, but at least they're not restrained by the webs anymore, wich dissolve into ashes.

The breath of fire however continues forth and manages to catch Jack behind the tree, also freeing him from his bidings, altough in a painfull way. Uther is unlucky enough to also get burned in the way, but refuses to fall to such attacks.

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

The big blue circle is the zone currently afected by the winds.

Battle effects:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nobody is entangled anymore since the webs burned away, altough you take extra damage for it, except Uther who had already freed himself.

Kearn:failed save, 36 damage, is at -6 and bleeding,
    Uther:failed first save, made second, total 41 damage.
    Jack:made save, 29 damage.
    Pie: made save, 29 damage.
    Cake: made save, 29 damage.

Ah, yes, this is where I've been rolling the stuff for this campaign:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...46#post4497946

I'm rolling your saves already to save time, feel free to consult them. Monster rolls don't have modifiers because I'll keep those secret.

Ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Kala's turn now, but he is so far away from the battlefield he cant see anything but some red flashes in the forest. He'll need to move at least 110 feets to gain line of sight to the situation again.

7. - Top - End - #97

Kearn
    AARGHHHHHHH...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    1) Did you ever say it was night before I teleported?
    2) What did you roll Teleport effects for in the roll thread, my ability is Greater Teleport, and so has no chance of failure.
    3) Kalah move forward, now that he knows it's dark outside, and will end his turn 40ft closer. So that's 70ft off the ground and 60ft back from the party. Then he will shout to the party in his telepathy, though I think they are still out of range.

My it got dark rather quick like, trapped in a time loop or something? Hello, anyone hear me?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have I taken 54 damage so far?

Jack:

I have had it with these mother****ing spiders in this mother****ing forest!

Jack Snowflake Wardances and charges the spider, PA for full. He moves to flank with Pie.

Attack: (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+15)[21]

Draw weapon:
    Iaijuitsu Focus: (1d20+11)[17] (Yes, I know i should have had it in the last post, my mistake)

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Iaijuitsu Focus damage: (2d6)[4]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uther grunts in pain as the flames hit him, but uses the pain to channel more power into his attack against the abomination facing him. His blade arcs and falls four times in a few seconds, each swing searching for a possible weak point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to enter Martial Spirit stance which allows me to heal 2 points on each succesful attack.
    Current HP: 71, AC:31, Delayed Damage Pool:10... Also, for reflex saves to avoid taking full damage, I am allowed to make a Concentration check instead. Full attack on spider attacking me.
    Attack 1:(1d20+30)[37]
    Attack 2:(1d20+30)[43]
    Attack 3:(1d20+25)[39]
    Attack 4:(1d20+20)[23]
    Damage 1:(1d8+15)[17]
    Damage 2:(1d8+15)[23]
    Damage 3:(1d8+15)[17]
    Damage 4:(1d8+15)[23]
    And assuming the spiders are evil...
    Holy Damage 1:(2d6)[8]
    Holy Damage 2:(2d6)[9]
    Holy Damage 3:(2d6)[3]
    Holy Damage 4:(2d6)[10]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Pie hisses shocked at the condition his animal companion is in and conjures up a current of light green energy around his foreclaws then touching Cake with it unloading the energy into the dinosaur's body. As the energy flows through Cake his burns start to disappear.
    The dinosaur companion keeps on hacking at the draconic spider.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Critical Wounds on Cake: (4d8+12)[20]

Talons: (1d20+12)[14]
    Claw 1: (1d20+7)[16]
    Claw 2: (1d20+7)[25]
    Bite: (1d20+7)[23]

Talons: (2d6+6)[12]
    Claw 1: (1d4+3)[7]
    Claw 2: (1d4+3)[4]
    Bite: (1d8+3)[6]

13. - Top - End - #103

Renewed by his master's curative magic, Cake shreds the carapace of the nearby monstruous spider, wich hisses a final time and falls on the back with it's long legs curved over itself.

Uther on his hand unleashes a flurry of righteous angry blows at the spider. The monster actually colapses imediatily after the first one, but the crusader is too focused to notice such irrelevant details as the enemy already being dead and keeps hacking at the body. In the end all that's left of the spider is a messy pool of red good and fur, but Uther feels a lot more relieve and most of the pain from the burns is gone.

Battle results:
    Spoiler
    Show

Both spiders wich were meleeing the party are dead.
    Uther heals himself for a total of 8 HP with his aura.
    Cake recovers 20 HP.

Kearn's stabilization(suceeds in a 1):(1d10)[7]

Ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Incarnum3:Ups, sorry about not noticing you had that maneuver. Also, I just noticed it now, but I was suposed to have given you randomized maneuvers at start of the battle. For now let's just assume you have all of them available, but next time I'll randomize it for you at the start of battle.

Frost
    :Check post 32. I said the Sun was nowhere to be seen, wich is an artistic way of saying it is night. After moving 40 feet, you are around 81 feet from the party, so I think telepathy works(it's 100 feet reach isn't it?)

Solo
    :PLEASE keep the rolls and ooc stuff inside spoiler tags. Also, you had already spent your 2nd turn moving 15 feet behind the tree, and were entangled, so no charging. Now the 3rd turn starts, and you're first one to act. Since the spider near Pie is dead, you'll need to post some new action. And again, please put the ooc and rolls into spoiler tags.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-26 at 12:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Ok, new action.

Spoiler
    Show

The spider at F1 is 60 feet away from me.

15 feet to the left, 45 feet upwards.

sqrt(15^2 +45^2)= 60

I move at 40 feet per round.

I charge that spider, if possible.

15. - Top - End - #105

Solo:
    Spoiler
    Show

You've got Cake and 3 trees in the way, definetely not a clear path to make a charge, wich would normally make that action impossible.

I'm, however, feeling benevolent, so I'll houserule it a little and let you do it if you suceed in a DC 25 jump check to go over Cake while charging and three DC 30 tumble checks to zig zag trough the trees at full speed whitout losing momentum. Failing any of these checks means your charge will be stoped.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Banned

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the night thing. Also, two other things:

1) Threeshades, you can share spells with your Animal Companion, including healing spells, so you could just as easily have cast the spell on yourself and have both you and your companion healed.

2) Since the Kobolds are trying to run away, I need to mention my spell. It's much much larger then you have it, and this is the important thing, I choose for it to be the blowing inward version, so the Kobolds are surrounded by winds in all directions blowing towards them, so they can't run away without making at least two saves in a row.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Solo:
    Spoiler
    Show

You've got Cake and 3 trees in the way, definetely not a clear path to make a charge, wich would normally make that action impossible.

I'm, however, feeling benevolent, so I'll houserule it a little and let you do it if you suceed in a DC 25 jump check to go over Cake while charging and three DC 30 tumble checks to zig zag trough the trees at full speed whitout losing momentum. Failing any of these checks means your charge will be stoped.
    Spoiler
    Show

Jump: (1d20+21)[25]
    Tumble: (1d20+30)[48]
    Tumble: (1d20+30)[49]
    Tumble: (1d20+30)[38]

Sorry, my tumble modifier is off. It is actually 20, so it fails on the last one. I end up in the general vicinity of the spider. Possibly behind that last tree I couldn't get out of the way of.

Actually, I can make it there mundanely. I step to the left one square 5 feet, up left two squares (25 feet) and end my first move action then. Then I charge up to the spider as a standard action, as I am within 40 feet of it after my first move action.
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-06-26 at 08:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Jump: [roll0]
    Tumble: [roll1]
    Tumble: [roll2]
    Tumble: [roll3]

Sorry, my tumble modifier is off. It is actually 20, so it fails on the last one. I end up in the general vicinity of the spider. Possibly behind that last tree I couldn't get out of the way of.

Actually, I can make it there mundanely. I step to the left one square 5 feet, up left two squares (25 feet) and end my first move action then. Then I charge up to the spider as a standard action, as I am within 40 feet of it after my first move action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately for you, Standard action charges can only occur when you take no other movement that round, so you can't move then charge.

19. - Top - End - #109

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    1) Threeshades, you can share spells with your Animal Companion, including healing spells, so you could just as easily have cast the spell on yourself and have both you and your companion healed.
    Kearn could use some healing too.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

(Alright, just place me part of the way there.

21. - Top - End - #111

Jack gracefully jumps over the megaraptor, runs towards the spider, jumping over two trees in the way like they were not there and draws his sword in a flash of light in the night, cuting the spider in half with a single blow. The strike is so clean the weapon isn't tainted by the sticky goo that comes from the spider's guts. The kobold lands on the floor with a terrified look on his face towards the bard. It then shakily steps back, loads his crossbow and lets out a bolt wich Jack easily dodges.

Why won't you just die you soft skins? We're the servants of the red wyrm! We're stronger than you can ever imagine! Slay me, but my brothers will make you regret the day you were born!

But sudenly the spider who was half locked by the winds manages to get free, and charges madly at Uther, only for its pincers to bounce away from the tick armor, just like her sister's had.

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ok, this time hopefully I got the control winds area the way Frost originally intended. This forced me to change the last rider's place, puting him somewhere on the left side of the battlefield, since he's not idiot enough to run inside the magic winds area. But this also meant Jack had an easier path to reach him and thus managed to charge him with just the jump and two sucessfull tumble checks. The spider is dead, and the kobold is just 5 feet from him. Jack himself is around 30 feet left from M1.

Kalah is 80 feet from the battle, so if he moves at least 20 feet he gets line of sight again and can unleash his wrath.

No party member was hurt during this turn, since most of the spiders are still locked and the one who got free failed to hurt Uther.

The remaining kobolds were pushed to the north and are nowhere to be seen but you can hear scream of agony and "oh the koboldity!" coming from the shaddows along with what seems the sound of small bodies hiting trees.

Extra:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dorizzit PMd me saying he was busy with RL but now has free time again. I'm giving him a second chance and thus he'll enter battle at the end of the current iniative. Let's just all say he wasn't in the original audience and he's a stranger for now, willing to help you.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-28 at 10:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure when it's my turn, but when it is, Kalah will run 80ft forward, he's 70ft off the ground in J7. So he can't actually see anything, since he's out of Darkvision range. Also the winds don't effect him because he is above the cylinder. He is going to navigate above the Kobolds with his next few turns using the sound of their cries and his knowledge of their location based on how he cast the spell.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for the record I did fail that last tumble check.

24. - Top - End - #114

Spoiler
    Show

Solo:Yeah I know but since the spider was in a new place you just had to cross two trees, so the last tumble check doesn't count.

Frost:It's your turn now. The ground aroun your area is solid earth, with some rocks here and there, but not enough for the spell you intended to cast do anything much relevant.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Banned

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Well then Kalah takes his action to run to 70ft above J7, and that's his entire round.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How does the control wind spell there work? Because i would like to charge the remaining spiders

27. - Top - End - #117

Spoiler
    Show
    The full rules are rather complicated, but long story short, as long as you are a large creature, you gotta make a fortitude save per turn if you want to move against the direction of the wind. The current wind direction is from the outter side of the spell area to it's center (upper side of the map ), so you can charge in against the spiders whitout trouble, but you won't be able to move out whitout making fort saves.

As a side note, remember that none of the spiders at the middle still used their breath weapon, since the wind reduces it range to 1/4 (personal interpretation of the rules).
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-29 at 06:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright then

With a shriek pie turns from the dead spider and pounces at the last spider still carrying a kobold. His animal companion utters a concurring hiss and attacks the spider next to it with a long leap, talons first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pie attacks the spider with the kobold and Cake takes the one left to it.
    My attack:
    Talon: (1d20+16)[27]
    Claw 1: (1d20+14)[18]
    Claw 2: (1d20+14)[31]
    Bite: (1d20+14)[15]

Damage:
    Talon: (3d6+5)[17]
    Claw 1: (1d4+2)[6]
    Claw 2: (1d4+2)[6]
    Bite: (1d8+2)[8]

Cake:
    Talon: (1d20+14)[15]
    Claw 1: (1d20+9)[18]
    Claw 2: (1d20+9)[27]
    Bite: (1d20+9)[21]

Damage:
    Talon: (2d6+6)[18]
    Claw 1: (1d4+3)[5]
    Claw 2: (1d4+3)[4]
    Bite: (1d8+3)[7]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if it's Uther's turn yet, but I'll post his action here for now. AC:31, HP: 69, Delayed Damage Pool: 0

Uther faces the next spider with a grin on his face, laughing as its feeble attacks bounce off his armor. He continues to channel Pelor's holy power, feeling stronger with each swing of his blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack on next Spider. Last round of Power Surge. Still in Martial Spirit Stance.
    Attack 1 - (1d20+30)[48]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+30)[38]
    Attack 3 - (1d20+25)[29]
    Attack 4 - (1d20+20)[27]
    Damage 1 - (1d8+15)[17]
    Damage 2 - (1d8+15)[19]
    Damage 3 - (1d8+15)[19]
    Damage 4 - (1d8+15)[22]
    Holy Damage 1 - (2d6)[8]
    Holy Damage 2 - (2d6)[10]
    Holy Damage 3 - (2d6)[6]
    Holy Damage 4 - (2d6)[4]