New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: When on Olympus 2.0

Zetetputwrirrrrzrrro

"Wouldn't thatalso implythat therewas morethan oneCreator Zet takes another bite of the fish.
    "Are yougoing toeat that
    The chain around Zets neck hovers in the air several inches away from him while it is there, and when it disapears Zet walks over to Velia with a happy(if mildly confused) grin.
    "Yes
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-06-14 at 04:31 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Allow me..." the tanned, shirtless man says with a grin upon his face. Though Zet was sometimes quite annoying, bothersome and extremely unpredictible in his actions, there was something fresh about the young man.

Taking up dirt in his right hand, the man waves his left hand over top of it. After the hand passes over, a cluster of green herbs can be seen sprouting from the dirt.

He plucks the sprigs out of the dirt and hands them to Zet.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Amid the confusion Nauphel turns to face Nauki. "My darling Millia has asked of you lately. It seems she would like to arrange a playdate. Although, in spite of her age Millia does work. I trust you won't mind waiting a week or two."

And so it begins
    A post about nothing.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

The god watched as Velia "disciplined" the irascible whirlwind. He turned to the goddess, eyes twinkling mirthfully. Chains. How very you, milady. I would have guessed either that, or whips. Both seem to fit your tastes perfectly. He chuckled a little, then turned back to the chastised Zet, his tone more serious

Possibly... though it's really rather difficult to say... The Creator or Creators, I would surmise, are as beyond our ken as we are beyond mortals. Trying to guess at their thoughts and natures is like a blind man trying to view a master's painting by touch alone, or a deaf man trying to understand a symphony.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki watches Zet silently for a while, brass-coloured eyes peering at him in confusion. He catches the tiny, tiny piece of fish given to him, and sniffs at it suspiciously; odd, considering it wouldn't possibly be able to make him sick. He then promptly eats it thoughtfully. "...Zetetputwrirrrrzrrro isn't a very good cook." He nods his head firmly.

As Nauphel addresses him, Nauki gives him all of his attention, naturally. At the idea of a playdate, the little godling seems to brighten up immensely. The God of Joy's smile is infectious, seeming to spread waves of happiness throughout the room. "That sounds fun!" He nods his head vigourously, then rubs the back of his head. "...Well, of course children can work, but we don't have to..."

Nauki gives Montarius a glance, hmmphing. "I'm not beyond anyone's ken."
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2008-06-14 at 04:58 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed. I was hoping to hire out some of this nation's citizens to help me understand our unique nature, but with these developments, I suppose I won't have to."

Saatyun takes a watch out of his left pocket, checks the time, and puts it back in. "Montarius, do you know why your sister hasn't arrived yet? She was one of the few people I was looking forward to seeing."

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

Montarius smiled and arched an eyebrow gently at the protests of his fellow deities

Perhaps. But I am not sure if a mortal could understand what it is like to be a god... Could a mortal understand how it feels to sense the fall of every sparrow, the death of every insect, every plant - to feel the constant flow of life-force out of the world and back again? To touch the long, slow, lifebeat of the universe? I'm not sure[ But few among us have ever been mortal... but I'm not sure a mind gifted with the blinders of mortality could understand what it's like to gaze into infinity. He shrugged, still smiling Or perhaps I speak only for myself.

He looked at Satyuun, his eyebrow lowering and rising again in fresh inquisition Oh? Any particular reason for that? In any case, My sister''s a very busy woman... I'm sure she'll arrive at the proper moment. She has a knack for it.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-06-14 at 05:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Zetetputwrirrrrzrrro

"Thank you He takes the clump and dries the herb, sprinkling it over the fish.
    Zet ponders the philosophical nature of music.
    "So, youonly watchthe crowd,and never theorchestra

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"It is my own business why I wish to see her." Saatyun stares blankly for a split second. "That's odd, it feels like I'm reliving this moment, but different. It's probably nothing."

"Anyway, mortals may not know of how we are, but they're the quickest way of speaking to the old ones. I don't have the skill to bind the fallen and I don't trust anyone else to share my mind anyway."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-06-14 at 05:46 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Kyrdos shrugs, still leaning on his gnarled staff.

"Does it really matter? We're gods, they're mortals - who cares if they can understand us properly or not?"

A sandwich materalizes out of thin air in his open hand, and he takes a disturbingly large bite, chewing contentedly.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

Yes, but not all of us see mortals as just so much walking meat... and not all of us think only with our stomachs. Not even bothering to turn around, Montarius once again addressed Satyuun

Nor are they tools for our communication. They make their own destinies and their own choices. If they want to come to me for advice, I'm happy to give it... though sometimes it's difficult to convey. But I see them all in the end, and in the end everything, as they say "works out"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"I said hire, not enslave. I believe in fair compensation. Tell me something, Montarius. When it's your time to leave, who is going to guide you? I'm rather curious as to whether you'll show yourself out or if you'll be dragged out by something else."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-06-14 at 05:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

Montarius nodded approvingly at his statement That's reassuring, at any rate.

as Satyuun asked the question, smiling wryly That... is an excellent question, and one I've often searched for an answer to. And I'm afraid I have no concrete answer, though I have my suspicions... I rather fancy it will be my task to turn out the lights, clean up a few things, and leave everything in order before the last night falls... As for leaving... well, I don't see myself having to be dragged away. If I'm not showing myself out, I rather think that I'll be ready to go with who or whatever comes to show me the path. In my experience, those who run are those who fear what comes after - and by the time I've finished my duties, I think I'll be ready to see the next act.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pegason
    The ever-weary one sits down on the simplest sitting location. I understand completely, Montarius. Considering your line of work, it only makes sense that you would be the most prepared for your end. Pegason closes his eyes in contemplation.
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

15. - Top - End - #45
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Belariso

You wonder too much sometimes, brother, of things that should never be, Belariso says, turning towards his brother with his spine straight and his hands laced together behind him. We are not like mortal things, and there may not yet be a next act for us. Just one long play, if you insist upon indulging this theatrical metaphor.

With that, Brother Kingmaker sighs lightly and his breath swirls around him into little birds of light. They fly about for a few seconds and then fade, evaporating like dew under the sun.

Aariel couldn't be prompt, could she? I have a rather important matter to attend to back in Persi.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why Kingmaker, the very business of Oracles is to make people wait."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-06-14 at 06:57 PM.
    A post about nothing.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

He grinned back at his brother and tossed him a wink Yes, I suppose I do, brother mine... I suppose we'll all find out eventually, hmmm? Or perhaps, when the play is done, the bows taken, and the curtain comes down... perhaps we get to go and do it all again? some mortals take that route, as you well know. But as you say, this speculation does use little good at the moment, however enjoyable it may be.

He turned to Pegason, still wearing that enigmatic smile Though it sounds trite, it is my experience that there are very few true ends... only new begginings.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-06-14 at 06:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Saint
    Every end creates a new beginning. I know that is not how the saying goes, but what I said is more accurate. Pegason smiles a content smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki has apparently grown bored of the conversation, as he's begun busying himself with a piece of paper and a few coloured pencils. Where did he get them? Who knows?

On the paper, he's drawn crude representations of Montarius, Belariso, Pegason and Saatyun. Each little figure has a speech bubble, saying "Blah blah"...

After a while, Nauki changes this slightly: Montarius is now saying "Blah Blah death blah", for example. Saatyun's speech bubble has been entirely changed to "Gloom doom" written over and over again...
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2008-06-14 at 07:13 PM.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Zetetputwrirrrrzrrro

Zet peers over Nauki's head, looking at the drawing critically, then takes a really long pencil from behind his back and draws himself smacking them all with a large fish.
    And cackling madly, can't forget the cackling.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-06-14 at 07:22 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Belarsio

The Kingmaker's eyebrow pops as he examines Nauki's drawing with a carefully concealed glance. His fingers drum against the air and his figure is inked over in gold while a small, animated figure of a bird begins pecking madly against Zet's self-portrait.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Not being possessed of divine powers, it takes somewhat longer for the diverse leaders and rulers to arrive.

First come Kaerova - son of the late Kalisthite monarch, Kaere (so many Kae-s ...) - swaggering through a portal with a young and attractive member of the Agiptian council on one arm, and a flask of strong wine in the other. He has a slight flush to his leonine, half-orc features - this, together with with the generally festive air to his demeanour, suggests that he has come straight from carousing at the current 'end of the world festival' in Orr-an - for several weeks now, there had been a great deal of carousing in the city in advance of the resolution of the prophecy.

As he slowly began to perambulate around the small island, there is another pair of arrivals - the delicate scales of the Erdzheni Regent's tigulated mail flutter as she steps with a dazzling flash out of thin air, arguing with the Enkidite Tradesmaster, who wears an amused smile at her hot-headedness. Following somewhat folornly behind them through the gate is the Persi representative to the augur - King Frederick Marset looks out of place in his
    everyday collection of simple, warm clothes, but seems relatively comfortable, just ambling about looking at the spectacle.

Indeed, the power gathered in this place is impressive - the rulers of the world, their gods, and one of two fragments of the greater transcendent reality should impress even the most jaded observer. There is something about it, however, that is worrying - uneasy. The air is charged, in the same way as it would be minutes before the world's greatest thunderstorm, and the various huddled groups do not mix, instead throwing uneasy looks at each other and the divine party. Some time elapses - two major parties - those from Rhadamanthys and the Bastion itself are missing.

Just as you begin to worry that something has gone wrong - terribly wrong - the air cracks slightly. A lone bolt from the gathering magical thunderhead arcs out, splitting the air in a forty foot arc across the width of the island. And some ... things ... march through.

In serried, closely ranked file, units of perfectly synchronised figures, clad from head to toe in black metal, fan out along quasi-geomagnetic lines of force from the portal, and, as one, draw long, straight swords, snapping them to attention in a simple maneuver. From their centre walks a different form - one who is similarly armoured, but bears a more elaborate suit of armour, that marks her out as above the others.

Hail, all! Rhadamanthys sends its finest to honour the augur!

There is an uncomfortable silence. A long one, at that - people huddle at the far rocky end of the island, being pressed there by the growing number of heavy infantry on the island - the gods are given a wide berth, however.

Without warning, a gruff voice answers from within the temple itself:

Miria - why this, why now? Rhadamanth and Cerulea are violating the tenets of our sacred ground by sending troops here ... you god-botherers should know that better than anyone. Regardless, the powers vested in me are enough to deal with this minor blasphemy - which, though unpunished, does not go unnoted.

With a wave of his hand, the richly robed figure standing in the doorway causes the soldiers to disappear. It is unmistakably Hadyi Murat - chief binder of the Bastion. He then turns and nods to you.

I must apologise for this lateness - I was merely performing the invocations necessary to establish contact with Aariel. Are the ladies and gentlemen of divine status ready to proceed to the chamber?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

"It appears someone has the right idea. It is not a good night to be sober." Saatyun quickly and methodically scans the area, trying to find what the mortals are hiding from him and making note of anything important (Know Secrets). He walks towards Hadyi Murat with his arms crossed and heads for the chamber.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki stands up, stretching a little bit. The paper flutters in the air, and is suddenly carried away by the wind; Nauki doesn't seem to be particularly bothered that his 'masterpiece' is flying away, though. "Why would anyone send soldiers? That's silly. Is it supposed to be intimidating?" He waves a hand. "Hello! I could take out a platoon within a minute..."

The godling sighs melodramatically, and then grins up at Hadyi Murat, before starting to stroll into the chamber. His Millia plushie, oddly, is following along after him, moving like a marionette.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

After it was clear that time was going to be taken before the actual event, Montarius would occasionally vanish for a few moments before reappearing again, assuming that it would be understood. The Duty, after all, came first. Lady Shadowtail, however, always kept her eyes open, observing keenly and saying little, save when she and her god would converse quietly in a corner, their privacy assured by Montarius. At last, the last representatives arrived - and one, Montarius noted, with a rather inappropriate display of hubris, though the Binder seemed to have taken care of that. He gave the more elaborately armored figure a pointed, though not necessarily hostile look before turning his gaze to Murat. He waved his hand dismissively with a slight smile at the apology.

Do not trouble yourself over it, Hadyi... if nothing else, I am very, very patient he glanced at the rest of the assembly and gave a quick grin Though I cannot speak for the rest of the us. In any case, My duties are taken care of. If the oracle is ready, you may lead us to her, at least those with the qualifications and the desire to attend.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-06-14 at 07:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

The depth lord did not deign to answer the uppity mortal. Such a gaudy gesture was too foolish to warrant a reply.

Tired of displays and talk of mortals, he makes his way to the temple unaccompanied.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-06-14 at 07:55 PM.
    A post about nothing.

27. - Top - End - #57

Belariso

I welcome the augur, Belariso remarks, his tone curt and polished. It will be refreshing to exchange one misery for another: impatience for what should doubtlessly be displeasing knowledge.

Out of respects to the oracle of dusk, Belariso dims himself to almost mortal levels as he walks forward, tucking his circlet of illuminated gold back into the folds of his soft vest.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Zetetputwrirrrrzrrro

"What happenedto myfish
    He appears at the entrance, hopping from one foot to the other in anticipation.
    "Come on,come on,come on,come ooooooooonnnn Something interestingmay finallyhappen

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Saint
    As Montarius said, we are patient. He gets up, and pauses. If it is alright with everyone, I shall go last.

Spoiler
    Show
    If there are no objections, he does just that. If it is clear that it is seen as impolite for a deity to not go before mortals, he is the last deity in.
    Last edited by PsyBlade; 2008-06-14 at 08:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Turalo

Turalo had been watching the proceedings patiently. Zet's arrival and subsequent antics proved a welcome distraction from the less-than-interesting conversation, though he knew better than to encourage him. He nodded to those deities that arrived after him, but was otherwise motionless, until it was indicated that it was time to enter the chamber. Turning to look at Hadyi, he gave a simple reply.
    "I am ready."
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.