New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: When on Olympus 2.0

Zet looks at his instrument in bemusement as he continues to play.
    "Errr, thatnormally doesnot happenwhen Iplay, right
    He leaves the violin to play and goes over to the ooze, poking it with a small ceramic cow.
    It goes "MooOOO!" when tipped over.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Kaerova" Simaeous replies, placing a hand upon the man's shoulder. "Rise, please."

The carefree attitude is gone, replaced with a bit more serious one.

"I sensed it too, though I fear that it was not the prophecy. Let us go back in and see what it happened."

Entering the temple, Simaeous is, actually, surprised to find the binder apparently dead and the augur liquified.

"What happened here?" he asks those who remained behind.

He specifically addresses the Saint. "Did the oracle or the binder say anything else?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pegason takes a brief moment while casting his spell[s]. They said nothing else. The Saint then continues with his spell[s].
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki is silent, staring at what's left of the Augur and the binder. He's not really quite sure what he should be feeling; he feels upset that the binder is dead, of course, but he also feels an odd sort of detachment about it all. The Dawn turning into a pool of bubbling... whatever certainly confuses him.

He looks up at his mother, confusion evident on his face. "...Moma... what should we do now?"
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Kael Nog's utterances and gesticulations continued, then suddenly, as the corpse vanished, Kael Nog stopped abruptly, with a perplexed look on his face. He hissed a frustrated curse that chilled the blood.

(Kael Nog's Aura switchs to fright, affecting all mortals save his own followers, who are outsiders anyway. All mortals within 600ft become shaken, unless Kael Nog pays any attention to them, in which case they flee for their lives.)
    Last edited by Hairb; 2008-06-18 at 10:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Pegason is busy tending to the body - a body, yes, it's quite dead - surrounded by the various stunned figures, trying to avoid the charred, spitting mess that became of Zet's cow - when, without warning, the body vanishes.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pegason
    The god was shocked. This is one thing he had never experienced. For a few minutes he is in a non-reactive state.

ooc: That means you can't get anything out of him until my next post. If you guys feel like playing with Pegason (tastefully) because of his state, go ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

"Pegason, what happened? Not hearing a reply, Saatyun looks at Pegason with disdain. As much as he enjoyed fear, he despised weakness, especially from one appointed by mortals. If that is who they choose to protect them, they have grown too weak themselves.
    Saatyun stands up and calmly begins speaking to the others in the room. "Someone has to decide whether or not someone should go outside and tell the mortals what has transpired. Anyone curious should figure out what happened to the body." He then speaks to Montarius using his telepathy. "Did you know this would happen? I really wanted to speak with that man, but I suppose I'll have to settle for the next best thing."

OOC: Lag sucks.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Velia draws Nauki into her arms, and gently holds the godling against her body. Her eyes watch the bubbling pool, and see the binder vanish under Pegason's ministrations, an act which shocks The Saint. She can't help but smirk, but her expression softens when she looks back down at her son.

"Now, my dearest one, we wait. We'll know soon enough what happened here, so for now, don't you worry about it. You can go back to your nap, if you'd like, or go off somewhere to play."

She pauses to release him, and stand back up, making a mental note to keep an extra pair of eyes on him in case there really was something to worry about.

"You know, Sephriel has seemed a little sad these days guarding her gate. I do believe she's starting to miss you..."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

Montarius remained calm and collected, looking slowly around at the room and all the gods therein. At Satyuun's words, he gave the barest of nods. With a snap of his fingers he stepped... sideways. The room faded out slightly, taking on a blue-violet cast as activities slowed down. Montarius knew a little something about borders, about edges. It was part of the job. He scanned the place, looking for what he half-expected to find missing... The binder's soul. This is where it should be, on the edge between one reality and the next, just about to cross over, a place where few could travel. It was only Montarius' station that allowed him to be here, his duty as the Guide... And so he looked for the binder's soul, and for answers.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki crosses his arms over his chest. "But waiting is boring! And my mind's too busy to nap! You have to really keep thoughts outta your head to sleep, and it's hard when you're not even meant to be able to..."

The little godling pauses for a moment, and then he gives a little mischievous grin. "Oh, okay! That sounds fun." The boy beams, then squirms out of his mother's grip, raising one hand into the air. "Bye everyone! Call me if something comes up!" His body suddenly transforms into a multitude of brass gears... and explodes. Luckily, the shrapnel is only illusory.

In another place, beyond the barriers that separate the mortal world from those of the gods, another collection of gears appears, forming into the shape of... well, a young boy, who's suddenly standing there as if nothing of particular note happened. The boy grins slightly to himself, stooping down and pressing his hands against his boots. "Boots, become as a cat's paw." There is a soft, plum-coloured glow, and then, with a snap of his fingers, the godling vanishes from sight.

He then promptly begins to sneak up on the Guardian to Paradise, on his magically quiet boots.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a Greater Plane Shift SLA to Velia's realm, then Skill Enhancement to provide a +14 bonus to Move Silently, and then finally Greater Invisibility. Not that I really need to spell it all out and it's entirely for flavour. An entirely flavourful Move Silently check! (1d20+28)[39]

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Nauphel's amusement, like many of his emotions gradually did, became tinged with disgust. "How pitiful, a broken god" he grumbled.

Forgetting his diversion he turns to Saatyun, "I for one do not care nor in any good sense could be considered a candidate for such. I'll be taking my leave now."

The kraken lord crept out the temple as silently as he entered. At the cliff's face he took the form of a cresting wave and dived over the edge.

Spoiler
    Show
    In the Drowned plane a lone kraken waited on her lord's arrival. She had been called for an hour ago and still she lingered in his chasms. A telltale change in the currents hinted that her vigil was at an end.

"Nessela, is it? I was called to an unexpected council. Matters of deities, the death of a king, gloom and doom, the usual."

The celphalopod noble turned to face her master, "My good Father has need of my services, I presume"

"And by right you should presume more, my daughter. It is your Rusalka legions I require. I expect you to keep tabs on every major port in the Bastion; as well as Persi, and Enki. The fey of Persi are to scope the lives and political mood of the smallfolk. In the Bastion a simple list of exports and imports will do, as well as general demands and prices. It is Enki, however, that requires the most scrutiny. I don't want a dockhand being tipped without me knowing of it." The Drowned Father barely blinked at the prospect.

Nessela nodded in approval.

"Oh, and send Admiral Vernes out. The Bastion's cogs are his this week."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-06-18 at 07:00 PM.
    A post about nothing.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Without another word, Velia turns from the room and walks back into the hall where the mortal kings are gathered. It would be interesting to see how they reacted to the news, and equally interesting to see if any knew manners enough to ask her for it...

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Meanwhile, in Velia's realm, a raven-haired beauty in a tight, emerald green vest and pants paces back and forth in front of a massive golden gate, her elegant black wings twitching slightly in irritation. Laughter like falling snow floats into her ears from the other side of the hall.

"What's the matter, Seph? Can't you take a joke?"

"You think it's funny, Nightshadow!? Yes well, laugh it up, Mr. Flavor of the Month. We'll see how funny you think it all is when you fall from Her favor and wind up on the other side of that G-"

Suddenly, she stops, wings snapping to full, rigid extension as her sword is drawn in a flash of movement. She looks around, at once sure and unsure she heard a noise. All seems quiet, except for the soft chuckling of Darsha, but even so, she's certain she heard a foot step...

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+31)[39]
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2008-06-18 at 08:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Very suddenly, a plushie appears before the guardians. A Millia plushie... how starnge. The plush toy jumps up and down, as if alive, to get the guardians' attention... and then promptly holds up a sign proudly proclaiming: "Hi! I'm a distraction!"

And that is when Nauki strikes! Or, well, pounces, in an attempt to either bowl the winged guardian over or at least latch on and hug tight. He becomes visible as he does this, even though the spell could have easily lasted... oooh, three whole minutes.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Belariso

Belariso motions to say something as his brother leaves, but finds himself chatting with thin air. Disgruntled but composed, the Kingmaker doesn't bat an eye as other gods begin to leave and then, shrugging, walks outside to the enclave of mortal dignitaries.

It would seem that the Binder is now dead beyond even our ability to repair, and that the augur is, for lack of a better term, a sizzling puddle of potential. She was cryptic, and now she is bubbly. Such a strange world, isn't it?

Belariso tries his best to position himself just to the side of the gathering's center, his usual position. He flexes his fingers and the glistening white wood of the Sancrozier appears in his clutches.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Zet ponders the predicament of his cow, and then pokes Kael Nog in the shoulder, asking him for a crystal from as deep in the earth as they can possibly be found.
    Or if it won't be given, where he could find one quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Zet ponders the predicament of his cow, and then pokes Kael Nog in the shoulder, asking him for a crystal from as deep in the earth as they can possibly be found.
    Or if it won't be given, where he could find one quickly.
    "Of course, of course. Expect a visit." Borne aloft on a sea of his followers, Kael Nog swept out of the temple, rejoining the mass of servitors waiting outside. With another blast from his Horn of Fog, they filed back into the chasm and out of sight.

Back in his home realm, Kael Nog sent out a party searching for a crystal matching Zet's specifications, and began assembling a group of his most rambunctious assistants: Manymouths, Chaggrins, Raggamoffyns, one particularly ancient and vile Xorn and a few of the most impetous Stone Spikes. At the head of this bizarre formation was the Taliss Ogg Rhan.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Siandene

The goddess nods, feeling the temptation to rest on the staff more heavily than she usually would. To wear mortal flesh meant accepting some of its drawbacks. She felt it helped keep things in perspective for her. "Aariel's sister is still silent. I have suspicions that she will be less silent a week from now, but everything may be different then."

"She warned us that the joining was beginning, and to be wary of what we allowed to come through. At the end, she started to say something else, and simply... stopped."
    She glances to Belariso as he gives the most recent news; she had, of course, heard everything that went on in the chamber, but that wasn't as good as seeing. "Either something went wrong, and Haydi Murat was unable to stop it, or she was simply... no longer needed." She shrugs; the plans of the One were rarely clear even to her. And she tried not to look ahead too much; there was always the danger she would misunderstand, and try to change things, and bring about more harm than the events she changed would have. "If you would like," she offers to the rulers, "I will give you her words exactly. Perhaps they were not meant for you, but this is your world too."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

"Interesting..."

Kyrdos wanders forward to inspect the bubbling augur-goo more closely - then, pulls a glass bottle out of his threadbare pockets and tries to capture some of the liquid inside for later examination.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Saatyun sits down and stares blankly at a random spot on the wall for a few seconds. Whispering to himself, he says, "What I truly desire is some good drink and something to drink it with.". Before him appears two wine cups and a bottle of good wine. He opens the bottle, pours some for himself, and begins to slowly sip.

OOC: Wish spell-like-ability.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-06-19 at 07:35 AM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Saint
    Pegason gets up. There is something I must do. With that, he leaves for his realm.

He sits down and begins performing a ritual.

Spoiler
    Show
    His 'Vow of Purity' requires him to do this to keep its benefits. Downside of vows, but I think they're worth it.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Velia's gaze shifts between Belariso and Siandene, the latter in particular, to glean what she can about their understanding of the situation and compare it to her own. She does not speak. Her voice is a blessing, and the mortals have yet to ask for it...

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sephriel glares suspiciously at the doll for a second, then raises her sword and whirls around a half second too late to avoid being bowled over by Nauki. Her rapier clatters to the ground, and she reaches for it desperately until in a moment of shock she realizes exactly what is happening.

"L-lord Nauki!" she stammers, voice shaking with a mixture of different emotions.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Saatyun

Saatyun stands up and approaches the chamber's exit, carrying his cup of wine.

He taps his mother on the shoulder and speaks to her mentally. One of my servants wishes to enter your realm to discuss business with the one in charge of your dungeons. He insisted on obtaining permission from you.

He looks at the mortals, and finds the one he has business with. He connects his mind to Daoloth, and begins communication in a deeper tone than what he uses with his peers. "A man must carry the burden of many hardships to grow. Without pain and suffering, one is but a child yearning for his mother's milk."

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The God of Joy grins broadly up at the Brachnia in his grasp. [color=plum]"Awww, were you going to stab me?" He pouts a little bit. "You might've damaged your sword!"

Nauki suddenly leaps off the devil, landing almost saintily in front of her. He stoops down, picking up her sword and looking over it. "How come momma hasn't given you a better sword? Cold iron isn't so hard to enhance that you have to settle for this..."

The plushie, meanwhile, is standing where it is, looking between Nauki and Saphriel. Unlike earlier, the plushie isn't moving like a puppet; in fact, its glass eyes show a glimmer of intelligence. It's slightly creepy, honestly. It doesn't even have any moving parts.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to say that Soul of Clockwork has the side effect of permanently animating objects affected by animate objects, just to avoid confusion. >.>

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

"As well he should, Saatyun. You may tell him he has my permission."

Velia watches her elder son with a sense of satisfaction and pride. So very unlike his brother... and that is exactly what she wants him to be.

Sephriel stands slowly and dusts herself off, regarding Nauki cautiously and refusing to look directly at him.

"I-I... no, I would never..." She seems flustered. Upset, and at the same time afraid to be. "Any sword my Lady sees fit to give me is enough to satisfy my heart..."

Her body language becomes meek, and her face flushes red as she shifts about sheepishly.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2008-06-20 at 08:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki giggles a little bit. "Awww. That's sweet. I'm still gonna make your sword better, but that's really sweet!" He beams at the devil, giving her one of his very genuine smiles. Smiles that are nearly supernatural in their genuine..ness, in fact.

He darts closer to Sephriel, then snatches the scabbard for her rapier, sheathing the sword neatly and then grinning up at her. "Anyway! Let's go play!" He giggles a bit, still smiling infectiously. "Mil-plush can guard the gate while you're gone, honest."

The plushie holds up a sign which says "I am a guardian! Fear me! Rawr!"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Zet appears in front of Siandene with a flourish, arms wide and hat in hand.
    "Hearken, forI havewords ofthe rhymingvariety
    Ethem!

I know the thing that's most uncommon;
    (Envy be silent, and attend!)
    I know a reasonable woman,
    Handsome and witty, yet a friend.

Not warp'd by passion, awed by rumour,
    Not grave through pride, or gay through folly;
    An equal mixture of good-humour,
    And sensible soft melancholy.

"Has she no faults then?" (Say's the envious cur)
    Yes, she has one, I must aver;
    When all the world conspires to praise her,
    The woman's deaf, and does not hear!

Zet bows, then plucks a hair from Siandene's head.
    "My prize,good lady,if youpermit
    He then flips backward and vanishes, a manic grin on his face as he goes to find his next victim.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using combination of Irresistible Performance, Perform(song) (1d29+73)[86], a Touch Attack (1d20+55)[59], Bluff (1d20+70)[82], and Tumble (1d20+63)[76].

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephriel finds herself smiling back at Nauki much to her surprise. No matter what, it had to be said for the little guy that he rubbed off on people, and it was suddenly easier to understand why people said his mother had softened somewhat since he was born. Still...

She looks incredulously at the doll, more than a little hesitant to leave it at her post. Still, what could she do? He had her sword. At least... that would be her excuse. She glares across the room at Darsha, silently warning him not to say anything, then gives the Millia doll one last look over before shrugging, trying to regain some sense of composure.

"All right then, Lord Nauki. Lead the way."

"Aw... how cute."

"Shut. Up."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius, in his search for the soul of the binder, fairly quickly finds it. It is in the possession, unsurprisingly, of the vestige that Murat had bound at the time - one self-styled 'Rossignol the Occluded', a patron of occult and hidden knowledge - evidently the man had passed on his eternal remains to this being in order to express gratitude for services rendered. Rossignol was currently bound to an animist in a minor mercenary party in the hills north of Cerulea, but within easy contact.

Kyrdos experiences some difficulty in scooping up the augur - it is almost if she - or whatever remains of her consciousness - is actually resisting any sort of containment. When he finally manages to isolate a small portion in the vial, the rest somehow evaporates - not to somewhere else, but it's quintessential nature seems now to be inside the bottle. The Bastion are unlikely to appreciate this act.

Meanwhile, over in Citta de Persi

Millia, slightly bedraggled from her nautical journey, surfaces by the city's docks, and is watched rise up out of the water by one of the (utterly empty) dock's constables. He doesn't bat an eyelid.

It takes resources unknown to but a hundred in one Persi to requisition aquatic travel. Who graces our shores with their fair presence?

Spoiler
    Show
    Aah, divine family life.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Nauki grins broadly at Darsha a little bit, then takes Sephriel's hand. He then promptly opens the gate to Paradise with a vague wave of his hand; no physical contact for him! And then he leads the devil inside, leaving the Milli-plush staring up at Darsha with its glass eyes.

Nauki hums idly to himself as he strolls into Paradise, guardian in tow. "What to play, what to play..." He hmms to himself lightly. "Do you have any ideas, Sephy?"