New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: When on Olympus 2.0

Zet goes up to the frozen Belariso and pokes him with a scimitar.
    "Helllllloooooo, annnybooodddyhhhoooommmmmeeeee
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Velia frowns as the child pokes her head out of the door. It would seem Saatyun's plans superceded her own. Well... no matter. The loss was Caine's, not hers. She turns her head to look at the Gate of Paradise.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sephriel's head jerks suddenly.

"Oh dear. It seems your time here is being ended early, Sir Caine - She calls you back. Until we meet again, then..."

With a gesture, the Gate swings open, and Sephriel returns her full attention to Nauki.

"What are we looking for, Lord?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Montarius

His business with the vestige apparently having concluded, Montarius himself appeared before the gates to his brother's realm, requesting entrance in a smooth, polished, urbane manner, as was his wont. However, his mind was troubled, and, as he usually did in such situations, he sought out one of the few beings among the halls of the divine that he knew he could trust.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Caine walks through the gate, confused as to what is going on. He sees Velia, and kneels down before her with his hand on his breast. "Lady Velia, I am here to deliver a message from your son." He reaches inside his pocket, pulls out an envelope addressed to Velia, and presents it to her. It has been sealed by Saatyun and the symbol faintly glows a bright red as a magical effect from his ring.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Tranchant looks worriedly at the way that the other ship is hurtling towards him.

Damn.

Behind him, the crew line up. They don't brace for impact - they know that, although a sea-worthy vessel, there is no way that the Brigandine could stand strong against a ramming. Pistols are readied, and the two mages who had been loading the catapaults move forward, preparing protective spells (while approximately a dozen other mages stand behind them, looking on approvingly.

Damn.

The baying mob aboard the Rime is eyed up by the various mercenaries aboard the other ship. They heft their long, finely-made spiked chains in anticipation.

DAMN YOU SECOND-SPAWNED GODLING SLAVES TO THE VOID!

And suddenly everything happens at once. The two boats collide with a horrific splintering shriek of warping wood and iron; a cache of unused spellshots, set off in the explosion, rocket up like fireworks into the air, some bursting in great blooming novae of magical energy above the battle, shedding strange, unearthly light down onto it, while others remain, slowly arcing back down into the the fray, guided by primal, savage elemental spirits. A great cloud of poisonous gases erupts from the finger of one of the Bastion mages, dividing the ship's surface in two, separating the forward boarding party from that behind it with a sickly grey mist. And the two forces clash into each other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay, guise. I can now officially state that I am FREE! of the dreaded yoke and tyranny of school.

Also, a matter that I'd just like to consult with y'all - would everyone be okay with advancing the timeline - 3 days, or so? Mostly, people have been talking - 210 posts worth of text would probably take only a few hours to read out, but may we override verisimilitude in the name of events?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Vernes anticipated the lurch his vessel would allow and let it propel him over the railings. Companions of his who attempted the same were met with varying success. A good number fell to flintlock fire or their own incompetence. On deck a line of iron men lined behind the railings and opened a barrage of harpoons and pistol fire. The details became irrelevant from there, a crew was in need of breaking.

The first seaman to be bowled over by Vernes had sense enough to scurry back. To his side he cut an opening with his scimitar and pushed another offboard with a sweep of his tentacle. Around him more Drowned landed. Their entrances were as dramatic as they were reckless. One bravo still half strapped into his armor crashed into one lot only to be impaled first along a pike and summarily, along with the rest of the band, upon a hail of harpoons from the Rime.

Taking inspiration from the man's folly, Vernes hurled one of his own shafts into a gathering of mages. He didn't care to look which one it had caught, instead grasping at the nearest caster with his available tendril. The cracks his soft body made in the disgusting embrace were satisfying.

An impressive pile of bodies was beginning to gather around the railings. So impressive it was something of a feat to notice the earlier ejected Drowned climbing up the hull on the opposite side of the ship.

Millia's progress had filled Nauphel with good humor. Such a needy and courteous king could not but help to listen to his proposal. Reaching across the planes he instructed his ambassador further.

"Well done, daughter dearest. Arrange for a dockside rendezvous in five days time. Promise him a proper tribute from a merchant lord and favorable dealings."

The kraken lord broke his connection and ventured along the outer shell of his realm. The gift he had in mind would have need of the sea floor's pickings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering how ridiculously high Vernes' attack bonuses are I'll save rolling for those ever important named NPCs

Fine with me, we can assume Millia's been in court for three days, Vernes will have set up anchor in the nearest possible bay after this, and Nauphel occupying himself with preparing a gift for the Persians
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-07-06 at 02:21 PM.
    A post about nothing.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Velia breaks the seal without much thought and reads the contents of the letter. Of course, she has no need to read the first part, being fully capable of recognizing her own former faithful. The second part catches her eye for a moment, if only because she specifically remembers telling him to keep a closer eye on that pen. Finding it would, at least, provide a good test for Erica. The third part of the letter gives her pause. Such an unusual gesture from Saatyun. And yet... almost instantly, the request has brought forth a deep yearning in her. Nauki would always be her favorite, but the chance to raise another... could not be passed up.

"Very well. I accept what my son has written, and everything he has sent you to deliver."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Meanwhile, at the Temple of Velia in Erdzhine Tzeh...

A beautiful young woman with long black hair dressed in elegant silks stands over a much younger girl who is kneeling on the floor before her, trying not to shake too much.

"So, you wish to become an Inquisitor?"

"Y-yes, Lady Shaareth. It was my m-mother's wish..."

The woman sighs, and tosses a rapier and the girl, who nearly drops it in surprise.

"Show me what you can do..."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with a time skip, if only because I love the implication that Nauki and Sephriel took 3 days to finish a game of chess...
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2008-07-06 at 02:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

"I understand. Each of my lord's presents are labeled according to whomever they are being sent to. I will deliver them personally if you wish me to, as I have been told to wait here until he reopens the gate on his side and have nothing else to do until he returns." Caine has not changed his position during this time period, and has been averting his gaze while kneeling in the position of a knight.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Caine's delivery is over, I'm okay with a time skip. He's just going to return to Saatyun's realm after it has been determined he spent three hours there.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-07-07 at 04:47 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

so, where is everyone?

echo...

....echo....

echo....

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Waiting for the DM

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Waiting for the DM to bloody tell me what the talking chess piece wanted to say.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not seeing any posts from Scribe since before the boards went down for repair; I can't tell if he's checked in at all. Hopefully he'll do so soon, all of the players still seem to be around...
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Back, essentially. I'll be gone on the 29th on a flight back to the States.
    A post about nothing.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

ooc: I'm here too.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:

Also here, but assuming this game has gone the way of the dodo.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

ooc: Hoping game is not lost, again.
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Anyone have Illiterate Scribe's E-mail address or a non-forum way to contact him?

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

OOC: Technically here, but I had given up when (again) no one showed any real interest in interacting with me. Partially my fault for making a god of sloth though.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

ooc: here, but bowing out even if the game comes back. I don't have it in me.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    OOC: Technically here, but I had given up when (again) no one showed any real interest in interacting with me. Partially my fault for making a god of sloth though.
    I did. Although I was going to retract it soon as I learned I could obtain the same materials from the Stonewhisperer.
    A post about nothing.