New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost (IC)

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Lost (IC)

The halfling has to jump to reach the envelope but is able to do so without undue effort. Inside is a ring of keys and a letter, written in English. Annika reads aloud the following:

My friends,

Please accept my sincere apologies for not warning you about what was to happen. I am sorry for any distress you suffered, but I really had no choice: Had I warned you, you never would have believed me. As I am sure you have gathered by now, you are in the world on which I modeled the game we were about to play. Except it never has been just a game.

I have always had the ability to see into another world-- this world that you are now in, since you are reading this. Quite clearly, I am not the only one who has ever had these visions, although I flatter myself by feeling that no one has ever had them so clearly. Not that it is ever terribly clear; the different time rates of our two worlds have always made events on the other side-- your side now-- seem to happen so quickly that they are difficult to follow, even when my fleeting visions are so powerful that they overwhelm my senses.

My friends, I hunger for this world; given the chance, here, I know that I would be the most powerful wizard that this world has ever known. Were I able to transfer myself, as I did you, I would have. But I can't. Believe me when I say that I have tried.

I would be very surprised if you all are not angry with me right now. But please try to understand: With what I know from my visions, I could be the greatest wizard, the most powerful user of magic that this world has ever known; instead, I find myself in the grips of academia, this world hovering in front of me like a ripe fruit behind glass.

But there is a way across. In this world there is a device known as the World Well-- this well acts as a gateway between universes. I ask that you find this well, and bring me through. In return, I promise to gratify your every wish.

To make this possible, I've seen that you will be equipped well. Inside this envelope, along with this letter, you will have found a set of keys. Eleven keys for the Eleven chests-- one for each of you. Each chest contains an inventory of what you have, so you don't have to waste time determining the effects of the equipment bestowed upon you. I daresay you will find the gear valuable, and certainly far more so than your 'level' would dictate. Please believe me when I say I've done everything I can to help you succeed. These treasures will enable you to find and reach the Well, and help you subdue its guardian so that you can bring me through with ease. Please take the equipment as partial apology for what I have done.

When you bring me through, you will receive the rest of my apology. Those among you foolish enough to wish to return to our dull, drab world will be given a ton-- literally-- of gold. At the current exchange rate, that equates to nearly 25 million dollars. And for those of you who wish to remain with me, I promise to gratify your every wish. And I mean that quite literally.

Yrs,

Merlin Benson.
    Last edited by DarkLadyOfTheSith; 2008-06-19 at 06:55 PM.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Hannah takes whatever hands are offered to her and gets to her feet. She nods to Kate. It could only be Kate. None of the others would talk like that. None of the others would suggest they 'dance'. She wraps her arms around Kate and hugs her tightly. "It's all back. It all works. It's all there. Ten years, and it all works again." She stands back again and, not giving a crap about modesty, pulls her robes partway open, looking down at her chest. "No scars. There's no scars at all." Then she laughs, giddy, while pulling it shut again. This was her dream. The one thing she wanted more than anything.

"I'm going to Disneyland."

She marches in place while the others keep talking, only now starting to listen to them. She is about to say something when Annika starts to read the letter, and she shuts her mouth until the halfling is finished. "He already did! He already gave me everything I want. How could I be mad? I hope there's a map so we can get to him soon! I have to thank him."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aaron

Aaron inhaled sharply when he suddenly found himself standing instead of sitting. He was startled at how quickly his balance returned, and was quizzically looking at his robes when he heard Kate shout "Get Down!". Again, he was surprised at how quickly his reflexes brought him to the stone floor. Lying there, waiting for another flash or an attendant explosion, he realized just how cold the floor was, and that he wasn't wearing any underwear. "Commando?" he muttered to himself as the seconds drew on with naught but nervous conversation from the others. When Brandon said "sound off", he responded automatically with "Zimmerman!". As Aaron rolled back to his feet, Kate was listing what she could see, and he reached up to feel his face and head. Haircut was normal, just short enough to not need a comb. Stubble was completely lacking. Ears were pointed (!). Everything else about his body felt and looked normal, with the exceptions of his apparently much faster reflexes, improved balance, and a definite lack of body hair and scars. His voice sounded normal, at least so far. Convincing himself he was at least physically all right, he focused on the rest of the conversations swirling around, and moved over to stand near the woman who had to be Kate. It was going to take time to get to know everyone again, it seemed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninja'd by the DM!

As Annika (?) finished reading the letter, Aaron held out a hand and asked, "Could I see the letter please?"
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-06-19 at 07:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alastair

Douglas/Alastair walks across towards the boxes, hearing the words.

Well... this is a dilemma. If we want to return home, we have to unleash a supremely powerful magic user on this universe. It almost seems like a devil's bargain. We've been put in quite the compromising position.

Of course... it does seem strange that he started us at level 5. You'd think he'd have told us it was an epic game?

He scratches his head again, and turns around, and finds himself looking at Gwen.

You have any thoughts on this conundrum? I'm overwhelmed.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Annika/Persis

"That rotten bastard. I have a family," snarls Annika to herself as she finishes the letter. "I have friends, I have a life, I have to make rent or I'll lose my apartment, no amount of swag could make up for this. This had better be a damn serious time difference. My rent is due in two weeks." Nevertheless, she starts fumbling with the proportionately overlarge keys and trying them in padlocks. "He didn't even label these things."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Diedre

The former Bill smiles, seeing how happy Hannah is, he looks up at Kate and nods, "You're fixed too!" She smiles at Kate's offer of help and stands, a little clumsily, her center of balance obviously different than what it used to be. She frowns again, recalling the change she has gone through. When Peter speaks up, she looks over at him, listening to his long speech, but she abruptly looks away as if something is bothering her. Finally, when Annika reads the letter she smiles, very slightly. "So we might be able to end this if we wish, or at least modify it to something a bit more comfortable." She walks over to Annika, "I don't think your family or landlord will miss you... he said the time rate here was much faster. I hope you can figure the chests out, maybe there's a +5 bra in mine that will make moving around a little easier?" She snortlaughs, erasing all doubt that it's still Bill in there.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-19 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Epimetheus...
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Just a minute, Annika." Kim, revelling in the strength present in Antiope's body, unstacks the boxes, laying them out in a straight line to make it easier to open them.

8. - Top - End - #248

Douglas

Douglas smirks at Bill/Deidre.

But you look so beautiful in the natural cavelight like that, your curves in their natural form.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Bi...Died... Whatever you want to be called, I will help you tie up Douglas later, if that is your wish."
    Last edited by McSherrie; 2008-06-19 at 07:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Diedre

She shakes her head, "Everyone just call me Diedre... my character's name. Bill is just stupid at this point and I don't think I could take Billie." She turns to look at Douglas, "I've been a woman for maybe five minutes and suddenly I understand Women's Liberation." She looks back to the lined up chests to see if she can figure out how they are coded to the individuals.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-21 at 02:54 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

Gwen senses that Alastair is addressing her. She turns and sits, hugging her knees. One hand pushes the mass of hair back behind one long pointed ear. She looks up at him, I don't know. I don't know what to think.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

12. - Top - End - #252

Alastair

I apologize for my lewdness, Diedra. I just found the humor of the situation too strong not to make some sort of remark. And Antiope, and Hannah, and Persis, and Gwen, and any other females I might have offended. I'm not a cad.

Sensing Gwen needs comforting, Alastair sits by her, letting others sort through the boxes. He will move one of his hands towards her, and puts it on her knee if she does not recoil from him.

I'm not sure any of us know. This is... unbelievable. And yet, here we are. I am somehow transformed, as are you. But... you are a druid. You seek balance in all things. You have great inner strength. I think here... we have to embrace our characters, while not losing ourselves. I know it seems difficult, but it is probably what we will need to do to survive.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
    Hannah takes whatever hands are offered to her and gets to her feet. She nods to Kate. It could only be Kate. None of the others would talk like that. None of the others would suggest they 'dance'. She wraps her arms around Kate and hugs her tightly. "It's all back. It all works. It's all there. Ten years, and it all works again." She stands back again and, not giving a crap about modesty, pulls her robes partway open, looking down at her chest. "No scars. There's no scars at all." Then she laughs, giddy, while pulling it shut again. This was her dream. The one thing she wanted more than anything.

She marches in place while the others keep talking, only now starting to listen to them. She is about to say something when Annika starts to read the letter, and she shuts her mouth until the halfling is finished. "He already did! He already gave me everything I want. How could I be mad? I hope there's a map so we can get to him soon! I have to thank him."
    Brandon/Hithos

"Double edged sword, Hannah. Remember, the Professor said he'd be the most powerful mage in the world on this side. Not that one. Think he could swing this body in that world? Although, we could probably invent Disney over here." Brandon laughs ruefully. "Anyone ever read A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court? He then sighs, and looks at Annika. "Let's just use all the keys on the boxes. If Merlin really wants to be drug over here, he won't have trapped the boxes. We'll fairly quickly figure out what goes to who. Mine will have an instrument, Kate will get a cleric symbol, stuff like that. He said there are lists, so there's also probably names as well."

If given, Brandon will take the keys and start trying to pop the locks on the chests.

Brandon moves to take the letter for Hannah's character to give it to her, but pauses. "Heh, you don't need that kind of help anymore, do you Hannah?" He then takes the letter marked for Hithos and reads it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninja'd by the DM and the dead boards. Been trying to post for 25 frickin minutes.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-06-19 at 08:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post

Brandon/Hithos

"Double edged sword, Hannah. Remember, the Professor said he'd be the most powerful mage in the world on this side. Not that one. Think he could swing this body in that world? Although, we could probably invent Disney over here." Brandon laughs ruefully. "Anyone ever read A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court? He then sighs, and looks at Annika. "Let's just use all the keys on the boxes. If Merlin really wants to be drug over here, he won't have trapped the boxes. We'll fairly quickly figure out what goes to who. Mine will have an instrument, Kate will get a cleric symbol, stuff like that. He said there are lists, so there's also probably names as well."

If given, Brandon will take the keys and start trying to pop the locks on the chests.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aaron

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the server isn't cooperating, and delayed the edit of my last post so much, I'm posting the edit seperately.

When Annika(?) finished reading the letter, Aaron extended a hand and asked, "May I see the letter please?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes Annika a few tries to find the right key for each lock. Each one opened to reveal a letter lying on top of a pile of fabric-- presumably with more equipment underneath. Each letter has the name of one of the characters in English: Gwenivere, Diedre, Alastair, Antiope, Meredzul, Beleg, Hithos, Emmerli, Anya, Quanos, and Persis-- by some quirk of fate, the halfling opened her box last.

(OK, due to some weird board glitches-- I really hate this site sometimes-- there are some time discontinuities. I'm going to ignore them, and move forward from here.)
    Last edited by DarkLadyOfTheSith; 2008-06-19 at 08:40 PM.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Annika/Persis

"Please call me Annika," says Annika to Doug. "At least while we aren't around any natives. I'll probably have to go by Persis in public." She roots around in her box, looking for her new possessions.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *&$%$^%#&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon/Hithos

Brandon grabs the letter with his name? his own chararacter's name on it and begins reading.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Kim moves towards her box and sits next to it. While the ledger is tempting, logically it is more important to find clothing that is more socially acceptable than the flimsy white robe, so she digs through her box looking for something to put on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once she has her clothes, she will duck behind a rock to get dressed. Then it is on to the ledger.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

Although normally a very standoffish person, Gwen does feel the need for human contact and she leans towards Alastair when he reaches out to touch her knee. I know, a part of me is yearning for the open sky, for the green grass. The other half wants to go home to all my conveniences, to my room, my books. I feel so small. *sigh* Should I call you Alastair or Douglas? She looks up at him, trying to smile.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter / Meredzul

Not knowing what else to say to anyone, Peter walks over to the box of his items. He removes the clothes, bunching them into his hands, and then glances to see the remainder of what's in his box. Only after looking at everything does he realize he doesn't know what anything is. Peter looks around the cave for a place to change and, if he finds one, changes into what are to be his new clothes (whatever they may be). He then returns to look at his list to determine what everything is.
    Avatar courtesy of The Stoney One
    WWTD? No, really. I'd like to know.

22. - Top - End - #262

Alastair

You may call me what you wish, but I think I am going to prefer Alastair while we are here. I know. I feel the same division. The call for a sword, and the call for normalcy. But I think.... I think we won't survive if we don't try to adapt. How about we go see what our boxes hold?

Alastair stands, and offers Gwen a hand up.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

She gratefully accepts a hand up, Yes...despite everything, I am curious what he thought I would like to have. She's working on adjusting, it was a rather sudden transfer. Once up, she wanders over to her box and takes out the papers and peers inside, pushing aside the cloth on top.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Kate

Kate walked over the the box with her name on it and carefully looked within, touching nothing. On top, almost twinkling at her, was a holy symbol. "What?" Kate whispered, cupping her hands over her ears.
    "What?" She paused, and seemed to be listening just at the edge of her hearing. She slapped the side of her face and shook her head. "Darndest thing. The ringing has stopped, but now there's this buzzing..." She poked at her ear again, and then froze. "Oh god. Oh, gods!"

Kate threw her head back, picked up the symbol, raised her hands to the heavens, and began a deep and heartfelt laugh. She cried out, "I am a cleric in a world where the Gods truly walk the earth! They are here, with us! Can you feel Them? Can you hear Them? Zeus, Father of the Heavens, Ruler of the Sky, Bringer of Lightning, I honor you! Hera, Queen of Heaven, Goddess of Women, care for us! Athena, Daughter of Zeus, Goddess of Combat, Giver of Wisdom, protect us! Tyche, Bella Fortuna, Luck Incarnate, She who gives us the chance of success in the face of certain doom, I serve You. I am Emmerli al-Uruk, a priestess of Luck, in a world where Luck is Real!" Throwing her hands out to indicate them all, Kate continued, "May luck bless us all in our journey." Suddenly, for no apparent reason other than overwhelming happiness, she began to sing in a voice clearly trained, but for a higher register than the voice her current body enjoyed, "Luck be a Lady tonight; Luck, if you've ever been a Lady to begin with Luck be a Lady tonight!" She danced a few steps of an impromptu jig and then laughed again.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to assume (Danger, Will Robinson!) that the stuff in the chest reflects the basic concepts from the character sheet. If not, um, forget everything I just posted

25. - Top - End - #265

Alastair

With Gwen seeming comforted and everyone else appropriating gear, Alastair will find his box and open his letter.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

As each of you dig through your box, you find nothing but clothing, the letter, and a large pack-- which presumably contains the rest of the gear. (Upon inspection, it does.) Each letter reads as follows:

Persis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Persis -- swordswoman of the Datra Tribe

Cloak of Displacement, Major, brown velvet with silver embroidered trim (1)
    Torc of Power Preservation, Silver in a scaled pattern (1)
    Gloves of Dexterity +4, doeskin, undyed (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, brown linen with silver embroidery (1)
    Headband of Intellect +6, twisted brown leather cord with silver thread and amethyst beads braided in (1)
    Periapt of Wound Closure, silver with an amethyst (1)
    Boots of Striding and Springing, brown leather (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, plain silver band (1)
    Ring of Evasion, silver with an amethyst setting (1)
    Belt of Giant Strength +4 (1)
    +2 Glamered Mithral Chain Shirt of Fire Resistance (1)

4 changes of clothing, all pants-and-tunic style in brown and tan linens

+2 Keen Rapier of Icy Burst (1)
    +1 Composite (+2 Str) Shortbow of Distance and Shock (1)
    Kukri (1)
    Arrows (60)

Deck of Illusions (1)
    Luckstone -- agate (1)
    Pearl of the Sirenes (1)
    Spool of Endless Rope (1)
    Psicrystal (1)
    Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone (1)
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds (12)
    Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (6)
    Potion of Resist Fire (2)
    Heward's Handy Haversack (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Candle (10)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (5)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Grappling Hook (1)
    Ink & Inkpen (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Oil (15 pints)
    Common lamp (1)
    Paper (20 sheets)
    Parchment (10 sheets)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Rations (2 weeks' worth)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Spyglass (1)
    Torch (5)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Quiver (1)
    Tent (1)
    Portable Mancala set (1)
    Slate board (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Magnet (1)
    Acid (10 flasks)
    Alchemist's Fire (10 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Anya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anya -- bounty hunter guild member

Ring of Invisibility, silver with a ruby (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, plain copper band (1)
    Gloves of Storing (x2), red doeskin (1)
    Cloak of Resistance +5, blood red broadcloth (1)
    Monk's Belt, red (1)
    Boots of Striding and Springing, grey (1)
    Bracers of Archery, Lesser, embossed red leather (1)
    Brooch of Shielding, gold, copper, red enamel in a pheonix motif (1)
    Hat of Disguise, grey with a floppy brim (1)
    +3 Glamered Mithral Chain Shirt (1)
    Knife vest (1)
    Boot Sheath (1)
    Wrist Sheath (1)

Spare clothing-- a blood-red uniform with a black fist and chain emblem, 3 outfits of red leather pants and jacket with a grey linen shirt. 1 outfit same as prior three only with a skirt instead of pants.

+1 Dagger (8)
    +1 longsword of frost
    +1 flaming shortsword
    2 alchemical silver daggers
    2 cold iron daggers

Dimensional Shackles (1)
    Iron Bands of Binding (1)
    Rope of Entanglement (1)
    Luckstone (1)
    Bag of Tricks, tan (1)
    Bag of Tricks, grey (1)
    Elemental Gem (1)
    Dust of Tracelessness (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Bell (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Block & Tackle (1)
    Candle (10)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chain (30ft)
    Chalk (10)
    Crowbar (1)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Grappling Hook (2)
    Hammer (1)
    Ink & Inkpen (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Paper (20 sheets)
    Parchment (10 sheets)
    Miner's Pick (1)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Rations (2 weeks' supply)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Sledge (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Shovel (1)
    Spyglass (1)
    Torch (10)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Masterwork Thieves' Tools (1)
    Tent- four person (1)
    Slate board (1)
    Periscope (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Magnet (1)
    Glass Cutter (1)
    Portable Chess Board (1)
    Fishing Tackle (1)
    Bolt Cutters (1)
    Climber's Kit (1)
    Acid (5 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)
    Sunrod (1)
    Cure Moderate Wounds potion (6)
    Cure Light Wounds potion (12)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Diedre:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diedre -- Praetorian Mage

Ring of Wizardry (II), Silver set with an opal stone (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, silver band (1)
    Headband of Intellect +6, black silk (1)
    Bracers of Armor +5, black enameled brass (1)
    Necklace of Adaptation, silver with an onyx stone (1)
    Cloak of Charisma +4, black velvet, ermin-lined (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, black silk (1)
    Robe of Scintillating Colors (1)
    Slippers of Spider Climbing, black kidskin (1)

4 changes of clothing: 1 courtly dress, black silk and satin, beaded with black opals, 2 elegant dresses in black silk, embroidered with silver, accompanied by a rainbow sash, 1 wizard's robes, black, embroidered with the Praetorian sigil on the left shoulder.

Staff of Abjuration (50 charges) (1)
    Wand of Summon Monster I (50 charges) (1)
    +2 Defending Dagger (1)
    Light Crossbow (1)
    Bolts (60)

Figurines of Wondrous Power: Golden Lions (1)
    Hewards Handy Haversack (1)
    Bag of Endless Caltrops (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Candle (10)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (5)
    Ink (5 vials)
    Inkpen (5)
    Mirror (1)
    Oil (10 pints)
    Common Lamp (1)
    Paper (30)
    Parchment (30)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Spell Component Pouch (1)
    Rations (2 weeks' Supply)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Signet Ring, Black onyx, emerald griffon, praetorian scrollwork (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Magnet (1)
    Portable Backgammon Board (1)
    Acid (10 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)

Spellbooks: Resistance, Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Seeker's Chant, Daze, Vengeful Mount, Chalkboard, Fleeting Fame, Ghost Sound, Shadow Play, Silent Portal, Ground Smoke, Launch Bolt, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Nosy Neighbor, Open/Close, Repair Minor Damage, Stick, Arcane Mark, Prestidigitation, Alarm, Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements, Feather Fall, Grease, Hold Portal, Identify, Mage Armor, Protection from Chaos, Protection from Good, Protection from Evil, Protection from Law, Shield, True Strike, Unseen Servant, IronGuts, Friendly Face, Glitter Dust, Hideous Laughter, Knock, Mirror Image, Obscure Object, Protection from Arrows, Resist Energy, See Invisibility, Arcane Lock, Daggerspell Stance, Dispel Ward, Fog Cloud, Web, Blur, Darkvision, Familiar Pocket, Dispel Magic, Haste, Protection from Energy, Stinking Cloud, Abolish Shadows, Earthen Grace, Eradicate Earth, Explosive Runes, Magic Circle Against Chaos, Magic Circle Against Evil, Magic Circle Against Law, Magic Circle Against Good, Nondetection, Sign of Sealing, Enhance Familiar, Fire Trap, Globe of Invulnerability Lesser, Remove Curse, Stoneskin, Wall of Chaos, Wall of Law, Wall of Good, Fortify Familiar, Break Enchantment, Dismissal, Wall of Dispel Magic, Permanency.

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Meredzul:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meredzul -- Praetorian Mage

Ring of Wizardry II, Gold with a ruby stone (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, copper band (1)
    Bracers of Armor +5 Black enamel with a flame motif (1)
    Cloak of Charisma +6, Black, edged with gold brocade in a flame pattern (1)
    Circlet of Blasting, Major, gold with a single ruby (1)
    Necklace of Fireballs Type VII (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, Black satin, trimmed in yellow silk (1)
    Boots of the Winterlands, black leather (1)

4 changes of clothing: 1 wizard's robes, black, with praetorian sigil on the left shoulder and flame motif, 2 courtly outfits-- doublet and leggings, black, flame motif, 1 set travelling clothes, tunic and pants, black with praetorian sigil.

+1 Flaming Light Crossbow (1)
    Staff of Evocation (1)
    Bolts (60)

Horn of Blasting (1)
    Pearl of Power, 2nd level spell (1)
    Elixer of Fire Breath (2)
    Wand of Burning Hands (1)
    Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Candle (10)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (5)
    Ink (5 vials)
    Inkpen (5)
    Mirror (1)
    Oil (10 pints)
    Common Lamp (1)
    Paper (30 sheets)
    Parchment (30 sheets)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Signet Ring, black onyx with a ruby flame, praetorian scrollwork (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Magnet (1)
    Acid (10 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)

Spellbooks: Resistance, Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Seeker's Chant, Dancing Lights, Electric Jolt, Flare, Horizikaul's Cough, Light, Ray of Frost, Disrupt Undead, Necrosurgery, Touch of Fatigue, Ground Smoke, Launch Bolt, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Nosy Neighbor, Open/Close, Repair Minor Damage, Stick, Arcane Mark, Prestidigitation, Magic Missile, Identify, Burning Hands, Ray of Enfeeblement, Orb of Cold Lesser, Orb of Sound Lesser, Orb of Fire Lesser, Orb of Electricity Lesser, Orb of Acid, Lesser, Ray of Flame, Tenser's Floating Disk, Forceweave, Horizikaul's Boom, Ice Dagger, Lantern Light, Shocking Grasp, Snilloc's Snowball, Low-Light Vision, Scorching Ray, Snowball Swarm, Rainbow Beam, Ray of Ice, Aganazzar's Scorcher, City Lights, Combust, Continual Flame, Darkness, Fireburst, Flaming Sphere, Flame Dagger, Furnace Within, Geyser, Body of the Sun, Familiar Pocket, Explosive Runes, Dust Storm, Daylight, Fireball, Flashburst, Stars of Arvandor, Enhance Familiar, Blast of Flame, Orb of Fire, Orb of Sound, Blistering Radiance, Explosive Cascade, Fire Shield, Wall of Fire, Fortify Familiar, Ball Lightning, Dragon Breath, Fire Shield, Firebrand, Prismatic Ray, Permanency.

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Beleg:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beleg -- elven archer

+4 glamered mithral twilight chain shirt (1)
    Gloves of Dexterity +6, buckskin, green (1)
    Bracers of Archery, Greater buckskin, brown (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5 doeskin, green (1)
    Scabbard of Keen Edges, wrapped in brown leather (1)
    Necklace of adaptation, gold chain, no pendant (1)
    Boots of Levitation, brown buckskin (1)
    Cloak of Elvenkind, forest green wool (1)
    Belt of Giant Strength +4, brown doeskin (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, plain gold band (1)
    Ring of Chameleon Power, gold band studded with emerald chips (1)

4 changes of clothing, wool pants and tunics in browns and greens

Flame Tongue (sword) (1)
    Cold Iron Kukri (1)
    Alchemical Silver Kukri (1)
    +2 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow of Distance, Ghost Touch, and Frost (1)
    Arrows (120)

Efficient Quiver (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Bell (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Block & Tackle (1)
    Candle (5)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (10)
    Crowbar (1)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Grappling Hook (2)
    Hammer (1)
    Ink & Inkpen (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Oil (10)
    Hooded Lantern (1)
    Paper (10 sheets)
    Parchment (10 sheets)
    Miner's Pick (1)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Sledge (1)
    Soap (1)
    Shovel (1)
    Spyglass (1)
    Torch (10)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Tent- four person (1)
    Slate board (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Fishing Tackle (1)
    Climber's Kit (1)
    Acid (5 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)
    Sunrod (5)

Spellbook: Resistance, Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Seeker's Chant, Daze, Vengeful Mount, Chalkboard, Fleeting Fame, Ghost Sound, Shadow Play, Silent Portal, Ground Smoke, Launch Bolt, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Nosy Neighbor, Open/Close, Repair Minor Damage, Stick, Arcane Mark, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights, Electric Jolt, Flare, Horizikaul's Cough, Light, Ray of Frost, Endure Elements, Alarm, Unseen Servant, Appraising Touch, Arrow Mind, Comprehend Languages, Critical Strike, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Undead, Discern Bloodline, Empathy, Golem Strike, Guided Shot, Identify, Insightful Feint, Instant Locksmith, Instant Search, Know Protection, Locate City, Magecraft, Master's Touch, Scholar's Touch, Sniper's Shot, Spontaneous Search, True Strike, Distract Assailant, Accelerated Movement, Expeditious Retreat.

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Antiope:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Antiope -- member of Mercenary guild

Belt of Giant Strength +6, brown leather (1)
    Periapt of Proof Against Poison, gold chain with an ivory pendant (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, green leather (1)
    Bracers of Archery, Greater, brown leather (1)
    Cloak of Arachnida, brown with green web tracing (1)
    Gloves of Dexterity +4, green kidskin (1)
    Eyes of the Eagle (1)
    Boots of Elvenkind, brown buckskin (1)
    Ring of Freedom of Movement, plain gold band (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, gold with an emerald stone (1)
    +5 glamered studded leather armor, brown, skirted, with leather greaves and vambrances (1)

4 changes of clothing, 2 pants and tunic sets in browns and greens, 2 skirt and tunic sets in browns and greens

Oathbow (1)
    Luckblade (0 wishes) (1)
    cold iron dagger (1)
    Arrows (120)
    MW Javelins (18)
    MW Spears (5)

Decanter of Endless Water (1)
    Efficient Quiver (1)
    Handy Haversack (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Bell (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Candle (5)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (10)
    Crowbar (1)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Grappling Hook (1)
    Hammer (1)
    Ink & Inkpen (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Oil (10 pints)
    Hooded Lantern (1)
    Paper (20 sheets)
    Parchment (20 sheets)
    Miner's Pick (1)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Sledge (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Shovel (1)
    Spyglass (1)
    Torch (1)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Masterwork Thieves' Tools (1)
    Tent- four person (1)
    Slate board (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Portable Go Board (1)
    Fishing Tackle (1)
    Bolt Cutters (1)
    Climber's Kit (1)
    Acid (5 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Emmerli:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emmerli -- priestess of Tyche

Periapt of Wisdom +6, silver, agate pendant (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, grey wool (1)
    Bracelet of Friends, silver with emerald charms (1)
    Phylactery of Undead Turning, olive cloth headband and leather phylactery (1)
    Boots of Striding and Springing (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, silver with an emerald stone (1)
    Ring of Water Walking, silver with a polished agate (1)
    Gauntlets of Ogre Power, tan studded leather (1)
    +5 glamered Studded Leather (1)

Felt hat, grey, feathered (1)
    4 changes of clothing: 2 pants and tunic sets in grey and olive wool, 1 skirt and tunic set in olive and brown wool, 1 skirt and tunic set in brown and grey wool

Rod of the Python (1)
    Dagger (1)
    +2 Holy Morningstar of Ghost Touch (1)
    +1 Light Crossbow (1)
    Bolts (60)

Restorative Ointment (2)
    Incense of Meditation (1)
    Handy Haversack (1)
    Strand of prayer beads (1)
    Luckstone, jade (1)
    Elixer of Truth (2)
    Elixer of Love (2)
    Wand of Cure Light Wounds (3)
    Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (2)
    Wand of Cure Serious Wounds (1)
    Wand of Delay Poison (1)
    Silver Holy Symbol (1)
    Dice of Chance (1 set) *(ooc: see PM)
    Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Candle (10)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (5)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Ink (2)
    Inkpen (2)
    Mirror (1)
    Oil (10 pints)
    Bullseye Lantern (1)
    Paper (20 sheets)
    Parchment (20 sheets)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Soap (1)
    Torch (5)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Tent- four person (1)
    Slate board (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Deck of Cards (1)
    Healer's Kit (3)
    Acid (5)
    Antitoxin (10 vials)
    Holy Water (20 vials)
    Everburning Torch (1)
    Cure Serious Wounds potion (2)
    Cure Light Wounds potion (15)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Gwenivere
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gwenivere -- elven druid/elder

Periapt of Wisdom +6, silver chain with an emerald pendant (1)
    Ring of Animal Friendship, gold with a tiger's eye stone (1)
    Ring of Sustenance, silver band (1)
    +5 Glamered Hide Armor (1)
    Cloak of Resistance +5, pale grey wool (1)
    Druid's Vestments, green linen (1)

4 changes of clothing, travel dresses, green linen

Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1)
    +2 Screaming Scimitar of Bane (Aberrations and Undead) (1)
    MW Javelin (4)
    Rod of Thunder and Lightning (1)

Figurine of Wondrous Power, Ivory Goats (1)
    Figurine of Wondrous Power, Onyx Dog (1)
    Figurine of Wondrous Power, Serpentine Owl (1)
    Figurine of Wondrous Power, Silver Raven (1)
    Bag of Tricks, Rust (1)
    Wind Fan (1)
    Bottle of Air (1)
    Decanter of Endless Water (1)
    Eversmoking Bottle (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Mistletoe (divine focus) (1)
    Candle (5)
    Scrollcase (1)
    Chalk (5)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Ink & Inkpen (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Paper (5)
    Parchment (5)
    Belt Pouch (1)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Shovel (1)
    Torch (5)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Fishing Tackle (1)
    Healer's Kit (1)
    Acid (5 flasks)
    Alchemist's Fire (5 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)
    Antitoxin (5)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Hithos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hithos -- Praetorian scholar and bard

Cloak of Charisma +6, Blue velvet with silver trim (1)
    Headband of Intellect +4, Blue and silver beaded pattern (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, grey and fur-trimmed (1)
    Periapt of Health, silver pendant and chain, sapphire stone(1)
    Glove of Storing, deep blue kidskin(2)
    Ring of Sustenance, silver band with knotwork (1)
    Ring of Wizardry I, silver band with sapphire (1)
    Boots of Elvenkind, dark grey leather (1)
    Bracers of Archery, lesser, light grey suede (1)
    +5 glamered leather armor, dyed grey (1)
    +2 buckler of arrow catching (1)

4 changes of clothing, scholar's robes (1 set) and tunics and pants (3) in blues and greys

+1 shortbow of Frost (1)
    Arrows (60)
    +3 keen rapier of shock (1)
    +1 dagger (1)
    cold iron dagger (1)
    alchemical silver dagger (1)

MW Guitar, Grymore Juntal (1)
    Luckstone, common riverrock (1)
    Pearl of Power, 1st level spell (1)
    Harp of Charming (1)
    Rod of Wonder (1)
    Rod of Splendor (1)
    Bag of Endless Caltrops (1)
    Handy Haversack (1)
    Dust of Illusion (1)
    Dust of Appearance (1)
    Elixer of Love (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Bell (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Candle (5)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Chalk (10)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Ink, vial (5)
    Inkpen (5)
    Mirror (5)
    Oil (10 pints)
    bullseye lantern (1)
    Paper (20 sheets)
    Parchment (20 sheets)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Soap (1 lb)
    Torch (5)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Tent- four person (1)
    Slate board (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Portable Parchessi Set (1)
    Acid (5 flasks)
    Alchemist's Fire (5 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Alastair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alastair -- Member of mercenary guild

Ring of Protection +5, silver with small lapis lazuli chips (1)
    Amulet of Natural Armor +4, turquoise in a white gold setting (1)
    Belt of Giant Strength +6, sage green leather (1)
    Gloves of Dexterity +4, white doeskin with blue edging (1)
    +5 Glamered Mithral Breastplate (1)
    Boots of the Winterlands, white leather with blue edging (1 pair)
    Cloak of Elvenkind, forest green cotton (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, navy blue suede (1)
    Bracers of Archery, Lesser, sage green leather (1 pair)
    Scabbard of Keen Edges, navy blue leather (1)

4 changes of clothing, all tunics and leggings in dark blues and
    greens with white details

Frost Brand (Mercurial Greatsword) (1)
    +1 Longbow (1)
    Arrows (60)
    Dagger (1)

Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Block & Tackle (1)
    Candle (5)
    Scrollcase (1)
    Chalk (10)
    Crowbar (1)
    Flint & Steel (1)
    Grappling Hook (1)
    Hammer (1)
    Ink (1 vial)
    Inkpen (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Paper (5 sheets)
    Parchment (5 sheets)
    Quiver (1)
    Miner's Pick (1)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Rations (2 weeks' worth)
    Sewing Kit (1)
    Signal Whistle (1)
    Sledge (1)
    Soap (1 pound)
    Shovel (1)
    Torch (5)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Four person tent (1)
    Mess kit (1)
    Climber's Kit (1)
    Acid (5 flasks)
    Everburning Torch (1)
    Sunrod (5)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

Quanos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quanos -- elven mage

Cloak of Charisma +6, burgundy wool (1)
    Vest of Resistance +5, tan brocade (1)
    Winged Boots, dark russet brown with crimson wings (1 pair)
    Periapt of Health, deep red garnet in a gold setting (1)
    Circlet of Blasting, braided gold wire with a small ruby (minor)
    Eyes of the Eagle (1)
    Ring of Wizardry II, gold with two identical rubies(1)
    +2 Mithral Breastplate of Spell Resistance 13 (1)

4 changes of clothing, all pants and loose-sleeved shirts in maroons and tans

Oathbow (1)
    +1 longsword (1)
    Masterwork Dagger (1)
    Arrows (120)

Handy Haversack (1)
    Folding Boat (1)
    Figure of Wondrous Power Silver Raven (1)
    Bag of Tricks, Rust (1)
    Rod of Rope (1)
    Golembane Scarab (1)
    Bag of Tricks, Grey (1)
    Feather Token, Bird (1)
    Feather Token, Whip (1)
    Feather Token, Swan Boat (1)
    Feather Token, Fan (2)
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds (12)
    Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (6)
    Efficient Quiver (1)
    Masterwork Artisan's Tools (1)
    Everburning Torch (1)
    Bedroll (1)
    Winter Blanket (1)
    Block and tackle (1)
    Scrollcase (2)
    Flint and steel (1)
    Hammer (1)
    Ink (3 vials)
    Inkpen (3)
    Lantern, hooded (1)
    Small steel Mirror (1)
    Oil (10 pints)
    Paper (20 sheets)
    Parchment (50 sheets)
    Belt Pouch (2)
    Signal whistle (1)
    Sledge (1)
    Soap (1 lb.)
    Spyglass (1)
    Waterskin (2)
    Whetstone (1)
    Messkit (1)

10 platinum pieces
    50 gold pieces
    500 silver pieces
    500 copper pieces

OOC: Although it's not detailed assume that all the clothing sets come with all the necessary accessories-- socks, undergarments, etc-- appropriate for the a medieval/renaissance time period. (Sorry WIz, no bras) Also, I'm not going to bother tracking Haversack carry weight. For the intents and purposes of this game it has an unlimited capacity.
    Last edited by DarkLadyOfTheSith; 2008-06-20 at 06:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

After Kim has slipped into a pair of pants and a tunic, she goes back to her box and opens the letter. "Oh. Oh my. Well, at least the professor did his best to see that we would be well equipped in this world..." She begins sorting through her equipment, putting on more gear as she goes.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

Once Gwen has everything out and spread around her. First she braids her hair and ties it with a small piece of leather. Then she promptly shucks off the white robe and pulls on the shift and green linen travel clothes with the druid vestments on top and over it all, the hide armor. Although she doesn't have familiarity with putting on armor, she lets her hands do the work, her other half seems very familiar with it. She puts on the 2 rings and the silver pendant. She very much likes the emerald and tiger's eye, they appeal to both of her halves. She puts the shoes and socks back into the pack.

She lets her other half arm herself, putting on the holder for the javelins and putting on the belt that holds the scimitar, the wand and the rod. It takes a while, but as long as she doesn't actively try to help herself, it all goes rather well. Once she gives everything the once over, it all goes carefully back into the pack, with the small items in the side pockets and the heavy ones in the main area. She's very glad for the pack since it won't weigh her down. She's already finding the weapons do that quite well.

At least we have a bit of money...and a ton of stuff. I wonder what's outside? She's beginning to feel rather anxious to get out of the cave. Once she has everything packed and on, she starts looking around for where to go out...Anything to occupy her time rather than sit and think about exactly what's happening to her.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2008-06-19 at 11:48 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Annika/Persis

The halfling finds a concealed spot behind her box and a conveniently placed pair of stalagmites to change into her new clothes. She folds up the white robe neatly to save it as a nightshirt. She also takes a moment to put a half-dozen little braids in Persis's long (for her height), straight, graham-cracker-brown hair, and then pulls braids and loose hair alike into a ponytail. May as well look the part. Then she dons all of her worn swag, admiring several of the items before putting them on. Somehow, she knows how to make all of the various straps of sheaths and her backpack and her quiver and her belt crisscross her little body without their being inextricable or tugging anywhere. She emerges from behind her box. "Is is just me, or are all of us females lacking in the upper body undergarment department?" she asks.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Diedre

Diedre looks over the list of equipment that the professor left her. She lets her mind range over the Diedre persona as she looks in her backpack. I think Diedre is smarter than me... I mean, I know I wrote her up with an 18 intelligence, but it's wierd how everything seems much clearer in her memory than in mine. She spots one item on the list, and immediately reaches into the backpack for it, pulling it out, right on top. Just like Heward made it... before his name got stricken from the pack! She dons the headband, and her eyes go wide. Oh my god, imagine if I'd had this before taking my finals! She takes herself to a dark corner to get dressed.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-19 at 11:43 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald