New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181

Default Re: "4e is all cliches, anime and MMO!"

Fate is eternal...BUT WHY WON'T THIS BLOODY POISON STOP ITCHING?-screams Lemon, swinging at whatever bug still remains.

Spoiler
    Show

Priest's shield. I target the bug at G4 if it's still alive, otherwise 5 foot step and attack the one in I5.

(1d20+6)[18]
    (1d10+3)[7]

Save against poison, let's see if Johnny didn't drain all my luck.
    [color]1d20[/color]

2. - Top - End - #182

Spoiler
    Show
    Poison again, sigh.
    (1d20)[6]

3. - Top - End - #183

((I think I'll have to rename myself "Luck Leech". Seriously, three crits over two battles, generally high rolls, and everyone else rolls lowishly.))

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Akane dropped down next to the bee on the other side, then struck out with her spear in and with a flash of blazing light that should hurt the bee even if she misses with her spear thrust.
    "Radiant Star Strike!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend an action point to get an action...
    Use Reaping Strike.
    She has combat advantage, so her attack is:
    (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[13]
    If she misses, she deals 3 damage.
    Also, she'll Mark the bee.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-06-19 at 11:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[15]
    (1d20+9)[27]
    (1d8+3)[4]

(1d20+7)[14]
    (1d8+3)[5]

(1d20+7)[11]
    (1d8+3)[6]

First things first! Johnn'y movement and Patchouli's spellcasting in melee range result in them being beaten by surrounding bees for, respectively, 8 and 5 damage.

However, the crushing blows and magical ray of ice result in exploding two of the bees in a burst of carapace pieces and green slime! Yes, both of them in the same way. Laws of physics must feel very lazy today.

Lemon cuts off the last remaining bee's antennae, which probably explains why does it attack so feebly and bounces off his armored shoulder.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-20 at 06:58 AM.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

6. - Top - End - #186

I will have last blood!-screams Lemon, bringing down his chainsword while trying to overcome the poison's pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Priest's shield. Again. Hmm, does the poison ends if the battle ends? Otherwise I think I may be as good as dead with all my luck in poison rolls...

(1d20+4)[20]
    (1d10+3)[4]

If it's still standing slide to H6 to allow my allies to attack freely

And poison save. C'MON C'MON!
    (1d20)[11]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

(*sigh* Damn it, internets, function.)

After the bee-sting, the lavender wizard seems to have turned some unkind corner.

"W-well then the situation seems well in hand, I leave it to you, Mister Lemon! I g-guess I'll go see to mending the outhouse won't I?!"" she gasps before she turns around and, more or less, runs away.

A few rounds later back up top Miss Knowledge is on her hands and knees fumbling for something in a nightgown pocket and taking deep breaths from it miserably.

"Mukyuuuuuu..."

Spoiler
    Show
    (Two encounters in fifteen or so minutes, a climb, bad air for an extended period, an action point burnt, and a giant bee sting? Yeah, that's worth an asthma attack.)
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

8. - Top - End - #188

((If I get another crit with this hit, I demand getting a "Lucky Bastard" character feature that lets me refresh encounter and daily powers on a crit))

With an air of finality, Johnny jumps to the last bee, saying only four words: Game, Set, and Match.

Spoiler
    Show
    One last Viper's Strike.

Attack roll: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: (4d6+4)[17]

Edit: Ouchie, rolled 4d6. Can I just take the average on both and say I do 11 damage?
    Last edited by Azerian Kelimon; 2008-06-20 at 10:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds like things are going well down there, I think."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

There was a bee left. This was her chance to show that she could contribute, she knew it. She had to get rid of the thing and show her abilities to Akane-senpai. Or should she? Akane-senpai would not get to use her own skills then and she might be stealing the glory from her. What was the best thing to do then? She would look unconcerned if she didn't do anything, but if she did she would prevent Akane-senpai from using her abilities...

In the end she pulled her sling and sent a stone flying against the remaining bee, hoping to end it there once and for all. There would be battles later where she could get to show her skills instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack(1d20+7)[25]
    Damage(1d6+5)[6]

11. - Top - End - #191

"Oh, shut it, you." Patchu manages, glowering at the 'forged.

After a little recovery time the wizard stands up, dusts herself off, and starts preparing to repair the gateway to wasp-covered hell Ole Dingo's shack.

(Now, what's 20% of the cost of an obliterated slipshod outhouse for a Make Whole ritual?)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

((I've no idea, but I assume we can cannibalize one from a few trees. Now, getting the trees there is another matter entirely.

Hmm...BTW, I wonder where Tengu is? This combat seems done.))

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

(I'm waiting for Vael to post, because your attack so far are not enough to down the bee. As for the outhouse... several gold pieces will do. Let's say 5 so it will round up nicely.)

14. - Top - End - #194

Patchouli will start on the Make Whole Ritual, then, while her player works on trying to get Johnny out of the metaphorical clink.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

"No need to be rude."

Ultair sort of putters about, wanting something to do on one hand, but wanting NOTHING to do with the outhouse hole on the other hand. There's an attempt at whistling, but it's about as successful as one would expect from a being with neither lips nor a respiratory system.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
    (I'm waiting for Vael to post, because your attack so far are not enough to down the bee. As for the outhouse... several gold pieces will do. Let's say 5 so it will round up nicely.)
    ((Oh, and here I was waiting for you to post, because I assumed combat was over. What a vicious cycle. ))

Akane runs forwards, holding her spear at ready. Light begins gleaming around her again, growing brighter and brighter the closer she gets to her target...
    Radiant...
    She lofts her spear, holding it high as it becomes difficult to look at her without wincing or squinting.
    Star...
    She leaps towards her target as she grimaces and yells out.
    Strike!
    She stabs her spear down at the bee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to G 3. Reaping strike.
    (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[15]
    Deals 3 damage on a miss.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Bee kabob! Already in chunks because of all these blows right before the impalement, too.

The combat is over! All participants (which means everyone but Ultair) get 120 experience each.

Searching through the bees' remains results in finding 18 gold pieces and 24 silver pieces.

Patchouli's ritual, when completed, results in instant runes appearing in a circle around where the toilet used to stand, and its remains mending themselves once again into a shiny, beautiful outhouse, its sole sight enough to make everyone want to get inside and do their thing! Probably not the best idea at the moment though, seeing that the rest of the group is down there.

18. - Top - End - #198

"There now," she says, pocketing something small, vaguely L-shaped, and labeled "Knowledge's Miasmic Rejuvenator."
    Striding over and opening the door, she carefully reopens the passage by lifting the...erm, seat.
    "Now, Mister Ultair, would you please do me a favor?" she asks mildly as she prepares to depart.

"If Ole Dingo tries to use this right now, kill him."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Akane pouted as the combat ended, and she wass left with the bleak reality of being down inside of an outhouse. Ewww. Disgusting. The very thought made her want to curl up far, far away after taking a very thorough bath and shower session. She resisted the temptation to stand on her tip toes to spare her boots as much as possible, and shivered with disgust as she looks over to the others.
    "Can we just get out of here and buy him a new cheese? We have much more important things that we could do..."
    She tried not to whimper, pushing the reality of their location as far back in her mind as possible. Which wasn't far, sadly for her.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds entirely reasonable, and I will do my best to comply."

Ultair proceeded to stand in front of the outhouse, arms crossed. He was a suit and afro away from being the ultimate (in his mind, anyway) denier of service.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

Akane-senpai did it again. She just entered the battle and killed the bee just like that. She was just so completely awesome in her abilities, the only things that matched it were her beauty and her kindness. Now if the others would just listen to what she was saying. Couldn't they see the discomfort the place caused in her?

"I agree with Akane-senpai. Helping this old fool isn't worth this danger and discomfort..."

22. - Top - End - #202

And another mission acomplished, my faithfull companions! Come, let us then buy some holy chesse for Ole Dingo so we may continue the Emperor's work!

23. - Top - End - #203

And another mission acomplished, my faithfull companions! Come, let us then buy some holy chesse for Ole Dingo so we may continue the Emperor's work!