New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: "4e is all cliches, anime and MMO!"

"That's rather unfair, I'd LOVE to talk things out as you're bleeding from a gaping neck wound. I do it all the time, even if I'm surrounded by various alive and unhappy bodyguards!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Johnny's words struck her. What would Akane-senpai like the most? That she stood up for her views or that she was harmonious with others? And what about if she liked his view?

The question of what to say never became relevant as they were confronted by the girl appearing in front of them. Of course Akane-senpai immediately went to the front to bravely confront her and prepare to defend the group, but it was Akane-senpai so it was to be expected. She was so brave and powerful and wonderful and awesome as she stood there and of course that stupid guy who thought that image didn't matter interrupted Akane-senpai's moment. Curse the guy...But a battle against this girl might allow her to impress Akane-senpai and would at least give Akane-senpai a chance to show off how wonderful she is.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trudging along without her book open, Patchouli looks quite testy.

"Oh, do be quiet. Metal Wood Sign: 'Elemental Harvester!'"

Patchouli raises a hand to the air as her book flips open--and the ground below beetles and girl-obstacle alike explodes into circular saws of force.
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Power: Force Orb, targeting the magic girl. I believe the one she's on would be included in the primary, and the one at her side in the secondary.
    Oh, and this is my first time actually using the giantitp roller, so be kind.
    Int. vs. Reflex, Primary Attack - (1d20+4)[21]
    Primary damage - (2d8+4)[10] force damage.
    Secondary: Int. vs. Reflex, Secondary - (1d20+4)[16]
    Secondary damage - (1d10+4)[10]
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-06-14 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Messed up attack name
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

4. - Top - End - #34

Poor clueless Yuri, tought Lemon Russ. She seems like she hasn't experienced the horrible sufferings the world can handle. But then then something exploded, and Russ saw that something had apeard in their path, and was telling them that they couldn't pass. He imediatily draws his bolt gun and points it at that Xeno wich disguised herself as a girl, shooting a bolt whitout hesitation.

Make way, witch!

Spoiler
    Show

Bolt pistol, wisdom vs reflex
    (1d20+3)[18]

Damage in case of hit:

(1d8+3)[5]

Ooc:What are you looking at me for? Some kind of sorcerer pops up in front of us and tells us to stop and I'm suposed to let it live? I've exterminated worlds for less than this
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-14 at 03:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Dio was right, it's always the same old sound, the warlord says, unsheathing his sword and fiddling with the MP4. As a guitar is brutally shredded, he rushes the girl, massive sword in hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yuri has the best initiative, I believe. If she is 10 squares away from me or closer, she gets a +2 init modifier to decide if we go first. Rolling for the group here...

Init: (1d20+7)[11]

If the girl is six squares or closer to me, I run to her, smite her with a Viper's Strike with Akane as the benefitter, and here is the damage and attack roll. Else, I simply run to her.

Attack roll: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[15]

Also, could we have a map or description of the place?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"3, 2, 1... time's up! Hired muscle, come out!"

Suddenly, from behind the nearest trees, huge figures jump out and form a line between you and the girl! They are ogres - muscle-bound, wearing primitive animals skins, armed in wooden clubs, smelly as heck and looking even stupider than normal ogres. They roar and the little girl smiles even more happily.

"You didn't think I would just fight with you just with my buggy friends, did you? Time to die!"

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

The change in situation might reflect on your actions, so I'm not doing them yet. Your turn is first.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

7. - Top - End - #37

((Hmm...seems like I screwed up initiative badly. That said, anybody hit by that Viper's Strike is gonna bite the dust. I'm going to change it to hit the ogre that's right in front of me and clear some room for everyone else. The benefitter still stands.

That said...the weakest ogre is a level 11 minion. I would barely hit with that roll I just had, and they'd shred us with a brutal combined 48 damage per round. You're SURE they're ogres?))
    Last edited by Azerian Kelimon; 2008-06-14 at 04:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

(I guess I'll change targets to the frontmost ogres. Since I rolled an orb of force, I'll stick with it, since rolling sort of locks things in. ...abysmal primary damage though it was. >_>)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

As negotiations broke down, despite the great efforts of Akane-senpai, Yuri quickly drew her sling and got ready to attack the ogres, sending a bullet right for the eye of one of the ogres, getting ready to impress Akane-senpai. Right after she got to a better place to attack from. She sprinted behind one of the trees off the right side of the road to fire a shot from there. Now was the time when she would show her worth and then her and Akane-senpai could leave these fools and go back home to school and...

Spoiler
    Show
    I am quite sure that Yuri was within 50 feet of Johnny so she gets the benefit of the initiative aura

Initiative: (1d20+7)[13]

And with the amount of ogres i am going to hang back for now and use my sling. I don't want to be mush at the end of an ogres club. So i head to the square containing the upper most of the two trees touching corners with each other off to the right. If it is difficult terrain i use deft strike to get the last bit for going there. And i attack the right-most of the two ogres in the middle.

Attack, sling: (1d20+7)[23]

Damage: (1d6+5)[6]

And if they have not attacked i also get sneak attack damage.

Sneak attack: (2d8)[10]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-06-14 at 04:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

(Right. To make stuff clear please post exactly how many squares in which direction you move, for example "five up and one up-left" and which enemy do you attack exactly. And yes, these are ogres.)

As Johnny charges at the ogre in front of him and slashes its body brutally... the blow seems to have no effect for a second. Then suddenly a long gash appears on the creature, and a huge fountain of high-pressure blood sprouts from it, showering everything around in red! The ogre falls down with blank eyes.
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-14 at 04:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Before Lemon Russ manages to fire, the ogres appear in front of the girl. Lemon can't stop himself from smiling a little. He was itching for a good challenge.

Your smarter than you look, sorceror, hiding behind those mutants. But I don't intend to die today, or to let any of my companions fall. CHARGE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! CHARGE IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR! CHARGE AND KILL THEM ALL!

With these words Lemon advances, his chainsword raised in one hand and his bolter shooting on the other, directly to the ogre on front of him.

Ooc:Ok, I'll move forward 5 squares, and use the attack I rolled before on the second ogre counting from the left
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-14 at 04:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"They always seem to have bodyguards..."
    Ultair stepped forward, bringing forth one of his little throwing knives and winging it at the nearest ogre, making highly exaggerated hand gestures to keep the simple thing's mind on him, not the approaching blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to shift southwest, minor action to draw a shuriken, standard action for Sly Flourish (dex vs AC)
    attack - (1d20+6)[12]
    damage - (1d6+6)[11]
    Assuming it hasn't acted in the encounter, I also have combat advantage. (+2 to the attack, and sneakattack - (2d6)[8] is included in the damage)
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2008-06-14 at 04:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

((ALL OF THEM! ALL OF THEM!

Actually, that was serious. I'll move all of the six squares forward and hit the ogre who is directly in front of me.

For everyone else, here's how the map works, since it's sorta confusing. We are the small letters at the very bottom. The big gray blobs are the ogres. The red blob is the girl, and the blue blobs are those beetles. Thus, Yuri, for example, would have to use the sling or deft strike to attack, while I can reach the ogres using all of my move.))

14. - Top - End - #44

(Okay, clarifying as fast as possible because power just hiccuped due to storms--
    Patchu will target two of the ogres on the front line that nobody else targets, if possible. Probably the two leftmost or rightmost. She'll hit the one farthest from center with the primary effect and the second-farthest with the secondary, not that it matters, probably. She'll then shift back one square.)
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-06-14 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Initiative Clusterbomb
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Lemon looks satisfied as Johnny charges and attacks whitout mercy, slaying the mutant in one strike. This alone however isn't enough proof that Johnny is trustworthy. The enemy of my enemy may stilll be an enemy of mine after all. Or something like that. He points his bolter at the next ogre he sees, releasing a hail of shots from it.

Ooc:I'll then use the attack I rolled on the second ogre from the left.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The spell cast by Patchouli slashes the two ogres into pieces, sending them flying everywhere and landing on nearby trees, giving them a merry and festive look.

Lemon shoots at the first ogre from the left (from the remaining ones at least), first riddling him full of bloody holes and then shredding him into mincemeat.

The blade thrown by Ultair misses its target as the ogre dodges, instead hitting the only apple on a nearby tree and splitting it in half.

Yuri's rock hits the ogre right into the eye, letting out a sprout of blood. The giant stumbles backwards and impales himself on the nearest tree's branch, right through the chest.

Current situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

They're with their backs against the wall, people! Keep it up! The young Mr. Blade says as he attempts to skewer the beetles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving forward, attacking the beetle directly in front of me with another Viper's Strike (Patch gets the extra attack if the beetle moves), then spending an action point to whack the beetle the girl is riding with a Warlord's Favor. If it hits, Lemon gains a +4 bonus to attack rolls.

Attack roll for the Viper's: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage roll: (2d6+4)[14]

Attack roll for the Favor, factoring the bonus from Action Surge in: (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage: (4d6+4)[19]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Akane seemed to have no intention of immediately running forward and chopping people. No, there was something more important she had to attend to!
    "Well I am Akane, the warrior star, protector of the innocent and instrument of justice! You threaten us without cause, and so you will get what you deserve!"
    With those words, Akane lofted her spear straight up in her right hand, and it began to glow. Determination and certainty written on her face, the girl lowered her arm and held the spear out parallel to the ground, spinning it and herself around in a circle.
    "Stars... cover me with your light!" Shouted Akane to the sky and anyone who was possibly interested in her coming transformation.
    The star on the end of her spear shone brightly, leaving glittering dust around her, which slowly condensed, taking form as shining silver and gold armor on Akane's body. A winking gleam of light spun across her forehead and then down around her neck, leaving behind a circlet and a necklace, while glittering dust formed bracers on her arms and boots on her feet. More of the dust shone as it clung to her clothing and left behind a romanesque breastplate and skirt. As the dust faded, Akane pointed her star spear at the girl.
    "Evildoer-you will be blinded by the light!"
    With that, Akane lunged forwards towards the enemy, stars spinning around her as she ran as fast as she could. She lofted her spear in both hands and stabbed it straight at the closest spider, leaping and stabbing down to try and put all of her force in it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[21]
    Move Action: Move forwards 6 squares.
    Standard Action: Charge. Move forwards 3 squares (she has reach) and make a basic attack.
    Strength vs. AC, (1d20+9)[24], damage on a hit: (1d10+5)[7]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolls first, fluff second:

Spoiler
    Show

Beetle attack - bite: (1d20+5)[21] vs Akane's AC
    Bettle damage - bite: (2d4+2)[4] on Akane
    Beetle attack - fire: (1d20+4)[5] vs Johnny's, Lemon's Reflex
    Beetle damage - fire: (3d6)[11] on Johnny
    Beetle damage - fire: (3d6)[7] on Lemon
    Ogre attack: (1d20+11)[27] vs Akane's AC
    Mysterious Girl attack: [roll]1d20+7[/rol] vs Akane's, Johnny's, Lemon's AC
    Mysterious Girl damage: (1d6+4)[7] on Akane
    Mysterious Girl damage: (1d6+4)[7] on Johnny
    Mysterious Girl damage: (1d6+4)[5] on Lemon

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Broken roll:
    (1d20+7)[27]

Akane's blow stabs right into the beetle's carapace, putting a hole oozing with black... something in it. The beetle stands on its hind legs for a moment, throwing its rider of its back.

"Hey! Don't do things like that!" The girl seems to be annoyed. She lifts her wand and emits a spray of aggresively epileptic, bright colours from it. Apart from blinding them for a second and making the normal world look bland and colourless after their sight returns, it also zaps Akane, Johnny and Lemon for 10 damage each. Immediately afterwards, the girl proceeds to move back as far as she can.
    "I knew I should have hired real thugs, not some Ogre High School rejects! But don't worry, you will die anyway!" She smiles once again.

One of the fire beetles closes in and bites Akane's leg, dealing 4 damage to her. The other one moves cunningly into a correct position to spit a volley of flames into Johnny's and Lemon's position, but it could take less time taking a breath beforehand, which results in them dodging easily.

The last remaining ogre raises his club and advances towards the Eladrin magical girl, hitting her right on the head for 6 damage and making his club snap from the force of impact - some cheap wood, there.

Current positions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johnny's second round action is outdated now (because enemies are not right next to each other now) so I didn't include it.
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-14 at 10:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

(Given my Init is +1, I'm gonna wait for everyone (but Johnny) to take their moves so I know where I can fire, and upon what.)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Ultair

Ultair moves towards the remaining (and now weaponless) ogre, his jaw vainly twitching in an attempt to deform itself into a grin. Once within striking range, he brings his hands together in front of himself, fists closed.
    "Guess which hand the treat is in!"
    Without waiting for a reply from the beast, he extends the hidden blade (Snikt!) and plunges his hands forward, aiming for the ogre's gut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 5 squares up so I'm next to the ogre, minor action to extend the hidden blade, and Sly Flourish (dex vs AC)
    attack - (1d20+6)[13]
    damage - (1d6+6)[11]
    If the thing has reach from its size, I has +cha to AC against opportunity attacks.
    :edit: apparently the roller hates me.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2008-06-14 at 10:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

Yuri had made sure to admire the way Akane-senpai ran bravely forward to face the enemies. Not like a coward like her who just ran to the side and lobbed rocks at them. But that was why Akane-senpai was a hero, unlike those other morons who brainless just charged ahead without any tactical considerations, eager to get into battle.

These thought got interrupted as she save them harm Akane. Akane-senpai was hurt, what if those monsters had inflicted a wound that would kill her? She had to save her. Stoving her sling away she drew her short sword and charged across the field to stab the ogre in the spleen, possibly, or one of the other important bits sitting sorta around the lower back. She wasn't certain, she hadn't taken anatomy back before she ran off from school.

Spoiler
    Show
    So what i do is i move three squares up and left then two up, so i stand directly across from the ogre compared to Akane. Then i use piercing strike on it. That should give me combat advantage against it as well as allow me to hit a weak defense.

Attack(1d20+10)[17]
    Damage(1d6+5)[7]
    Sneak Attack(2d8)[5]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Owww. They're getting way too lucky here.

Akane gave a cry of pain as the multiple attacks land on her, (spilling little blood, but causing numerous tears in her clothing which no doubt reveal a bit more than intended) but clenched her teeth as she raised her spear, which began to glow as she called on her power.
    "Shooting..." She drew the word out and lowered her spear, aiming it at the beetle, "Staaaar!"
    Brilliant light shone around her as she spun, swinging her spear in circles to try and hit the beetle and the ogre, whiling she moved away from the latter. Then, she gave another shout.
    "Heavenly Star Dance!"
    With a flash, Akane spins and vanishes, appearing away from her adversaries.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Passing Attack.
    -Attack against the Ogre: (1d20+8)[15] (vs. AC)
    -Damage: (1d10+5)[15]
    -Shift diagonally (one up, and one to the left).
    -Attack against the beetle: (1d20+10)[16] (vs. AC)
    -Damage: (1d10+5)[9]
    -She'll also use Combat Challenge to Mark the beetle.
    Move Action: Fey Step. Teleport one to the left of where L is on the map in the above picture.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-06-14 at 10:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

As the beetle releases a blast of flame, Patchouli coolly draws closer, already drawing the arcane energy to herself.

"Earth Water Sign--Noachian Deluge!"

Bringing her hand down as if giving the signal to give a rolling fusillade, the willowy mage snatches a mote of raw energy from the cosmos, weaves it, and lets fly with a one-woman barrage of icy blue projectiles, striking home on the closest fire beetle she has a line of fire to..

Spoiler
    Show

Advancing one square up, one square to the left.

Attacking with a Ray of Frost. Fortunately I caught myself before using a fire attack on fire beetles. A++ Best Wizard Ever, amirite?

Int. vs. Fort - (1d20+4)[15]
    Cold damage - (1d6+4)[6]
    On hit, beetle is slowed until end of turn.

Oh, and should I be making some Arcana/Nature rolls on this lot? I probably should.
    Beetles - (1d20+8)[26]
    Ogres, posthumous - (1d20+8)[22]
    Mysterious Girl's spell, even though it was a Color Spray - (1d20+9)[25]
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

AAAAGH!

Hit with full force by the Color spray, Johnny goes temporarily blind as small seizures wrack his body.

Oh, god, I'm gonna die! I don't wanna die, I don't want to! he thinks, as a sickly feeling washes over him like a poison. Calm down, boy, calm down. You ain't going to die here, heroes don't die in ditches and alleyways. Light slowly returning to his eyes, he looks around to see Lemon also suffering the aftereffects of the spray...and Akane heavily injured by the wizard girl, the ogre, and the beetle. Heh. SOMEONE is always worse off than I am. Part of his courage returning to him, he speaks up towards the suddenly glowy spear wielder. That's the way to do it, girl! Hit them where it hurts! Then, turning towards the petite sorceress, he runs towards her. You're mine, you little sonuva*****! Lemon, back me up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Using an inspiring word on Akane to boost up her health, then taking a run action toward the girl, in spite of knowing it's going to hurt if she lands another hit.

Word: (1d6)[5]

27. - Top - End - #57

Damn chaos sorcerer! Your petty tricks won't stop us! Charge, brother Johnny, may the Emperor aid you! IN THE NAME OF THE THIRTENN PRIMARCHS(except those filthy traitors), OF THE SHINY THRONE, FOR THE GLORY OF THE EMPERIUM, I SERVE MANKIND! RAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! KIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL!

Then Lemon advances forward screaming besides being blinded, swinging his chainsword like mad, trying to hit the bug right on front of him, in order to inspire Johnny.

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc:Ok, I'll first use my minor action for a holy word(it's a close burst 5, so I think I can use it despite being blinded, to allow Johnny to spend a healing surge to patch himself up. Then I'll move forward two squares so I can use priest's shield in the bug, granting myself and Johnny +1AC power bonus if it hits.

This is all considering Johnny waits for me to act before running of course.

Extra HP from burst:(1d6+3)[4]

Priest's shield, str vs AC, considering a -5 penalty for being blinded.
    (1d20)[10]

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-15 at 05:12 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damage for Lemon:
    (1d10+3)[13]
    Ah, and you're not blind, it lasted only a second.

The ogre gets distracted by an interesting rock and bends down to pick it up, making Akane's and Ultair's blows hit only the air above him. Yuri, who ran in after them, manages to connect though - a fountain of blood springs from the stabbed place on ogre's back, and he slowly falls down with a loud thump. The fountain doesn't stop for a longer while, much to the dismay of birds flying above.

Akane's blow to the beetle connects, piercing another hole in its carapace. It would look quite morbid if not for the accompanying special light effects.

Patchouli's spell covers the left beetle in a layer of frost, which makes it a bit stiff. As a result, Lemon's blow smashes one of its legs off and sends it flying to the side towards nearby bushes (not depicted on the map), where, judging by the sound, something immediately proceeds to eat it.

Patchouli remembers these pieces of information:
    A fire beetle has two fiery glands that continue to glow for 1d12 hours after its death - they can be used as torches.
    The spell cast by the girl was actually a Dancing Lightning damage-dealing spell, but with added colours to make the sight of the charred corpses of its victims more family-friendly and to make kids in front of the TV throw up (because the arcane university that researched it has a contract with a medicine factory).
    Ogre High School indeed exists, and possesses very low prerequesites for joining - so low that a brick might pass, although it's debatable are these lower than those for REDSHIRTS. As one might expect, ogres who fail these are really pathetic.

Akane can spend a healing surge to regain 12 HP. Johnny can spend a healing surge to regain 9 HP. Johnny also runs towards the girl in such a tricky manner around the beetles that they don't get any opportunity attacks on him.
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-15 at 06:12 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Beetle - bite: (1d20+5)[13] vs AC
    Bite damage - Lemon: (2d4+2)[8]
    Beetle - fire: (1d20+4)[24] vs Reflex (you poor unlucky, unlucky folks)
    Fire damage - Lemon: (3d6)[11]
    Fire damage - Akane: (3d6)[9]
    Mysterious Girl - attack: (1d20+7)[11] vs Reflex
    Spell damage - Johnny: (2d4+4)[12]

"Go away!" The girl waves her wand in the air and shoots a ball of crackling power at approaching Johnny, but luckily it hits his sword and reflects off it into the bushes at the side (not decpited on the map). Something inside roars in anger.
    The girl doesn't move - and not because she's on the edge of the mapped battlefield, honest. It also means Johnny gets an opportunity attack on her, but since I'm a lazy sod he will have to roll for it himself.

One of the beetles decides to gnaw on Lemon, but his armor is too thick for it to penetrate. The other one moves in and belches out a huge spray of fire, making Akane and Lemon feel as if they were inside an open-air oven (not that any of them ever was inside an oven before. Probably) - Lemon's armor becomes extremely hot and he gets reduced to negatives!

Current situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Health:
    Spoiler
    Show

Patchouli, Ultair, Yuri - full health
    Johnny - 21/22 HP
    Akane - 5/31 HP
    Lemon - -1/27 HP, unstabilized

Marked Beetle (black spot) - 14 damage, marked by Akane
    Unmarked Beetle - 19 damage, slow
    Mysterious Girl - no damage
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-15 at 07:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

GLORY FOR THE FIRST MAN TO DIE!-screams Lemon Russ as the heat drains his strenght and makes him fall on the ground. Damnit, the last time he felt something like that when he tried to invite a sister of battle for a date. Nevermind the chaos gods, women seem to be the biggest threat to mankind. Specially little girls, those disguised demons...Shouldn't have understimated this one...Urghh....

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc:Damnit Tengu, stop rolling crits like that!

Well, I guess I need to roll to see if I stablize, right?

(1d20)[15]

So, what does that result means?