New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151

Default Re: "4e is all cliches, anime and MMO!"

((Is the attack supposed to deal no damage?

In any case, if you can, target the bee I just hit. With another attack, we'll have enough to drop it and then we'll be able to focus on another monster.))

2. - Top - End - #152

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap, always forgeting the damage.
    [roll0]

3. - Top - End - #153

Spoiler
    Show

Stupid stupid forum roller.

(1d20+3)[4]

4. - Top - End - #154

Spoiler
    Show
    ARGHHH, it's suposed to be a d8!
    (1d8+3)[9]

5. - Top - End - #155

((Aaah. Was wondering how you had managed a monomolecular chainsword there. ))

6. - Top - End - #156

(It was monomolecular in the begginning, but after tearing into tiny pieces thousands of heretics whitout proper care, the blades have grown so dull that Lemon just uses it as a metal stick with pointy bits. You know, much as a morningstar.)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Patchouli walks down the tunnel and reaches the scene with, hopefully, just a move action. (And if I'm wrong about that, this will probably be my next turn's activity...)

"What is that buzzing coming from, anyw-oh. Okay."

Drawing on her knowledge, she attempts to remember what, exactly, is the deal with these giant bees.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually not sure what check this'd be. I'll roll Nature. If it turns out it's arcana, add one to the result--
    Nature on the creatures - (1d20+8)[27]

From there, she levels her palm on the bee that Johnny is tangling with, and lets loose a shredding hurricane of force projectiles. Though it can dodge them, they seem to form distinct wavelike patterns, and slowly serve to hem it in until one gets through--and another. And then dozens.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic missile, for now.
    Int vs. Ref - (1d20+4)[17]
    Force damage - (2d4+4)[10]
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The yellow dots are other bees. No, shooting in melee doesn't have any penalties, but if there are enemies on the way they might grant cover.

(1d20+5)[20]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+5)[20]
    (3d20+7)[11][10][7](35)

These are dung bees - a result of a magical experiment of crossing giant bees and dung beetles. Normal bees collect nectar, dung bees collect dung. Their honey is prized as extremely good fertilizer, and parents sometimes scare their children into obedience by saying that they will get it in their cereal if they don't behave.
    Dung bees have a caste society, with castes such as workers (yellow dots), soldiers (brown dots), drones (none here) and of course the queen (be damn glad there's none here).

Two barrages of missiles shred the soldier bee into several pieces, which float down in circles slowly to the ground and land there, twitching. Nasty.

The bees are moving in! Two of the soldiers sting Johnny and Lemon, the stung places instantly bulging to huge proportions! It does 3 damage to each and makes them poisoned!

The other bees buzz around angrily, and two of them manage to bite Johnny for 4 damage each.

The poison deals 5 ongoing damage (at the start of each of your turns) until you make a saving throw (at the end of each of your turns). Poisoned people also get -1 to attack because the poison both hurts and REEKS.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-17 at 11:08 PM.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

9. - Top - End - #159

(Hell, they're all bees? Can I change that magic missile to a Scorching Burst, then? It'd be centered on map point J5.)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

(Nevermind that above post, rolls being made and all)

Patchouli opens up with another Saint Elmo's pillar, dropping an explosion of heat on F5, targeting the three bees within the blast--coincidentally, the three nearest to her.

Spoiler
    Show

Going left to right and then top to bottom in terms of attack priority:
    Int vs. Ref - (1d20+4)[11]
    Int vs. Ref - (1d20+4)[23]
    Int vs. Ref - (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

(...and I managed to completely fail at spacial awareness and include Johnny Lemon in that. My bad, but at least the damage is minor not at all. Sorry. It really hasn't been the best night.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Oopsy! Vs. Johnny's Ref. - (1d20+4)[9]
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-06-17 at 11:28 PM. Reason: *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

((I would have actually aimed for I 4 myself, y'know. We need to take out those minions.))

In his blanked out state, the wounds and poison don't seem to do much to Johnny. Though cuts and bruises appear across his body, he shrugs them all off with a roar, not noticing the hits in his rage. Then, he strikes at one of the worker bees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a healing word to get back up on my feet. (1d6)[6]

Then. Using a Wolf Pack Tactics attack to let Lemon shift one square. If I hit, he can get out of the pillar's radius. (1d20+8)[22]
    (2d6+4)[7]

Finally, a save to end the poison. (1d20)[2]

13. - Top - End - #163

((Oops, forgot to say it. I'm targetting the H4 bee. Since I probably hit, that means we broke flanking on both of us if Patchouli connected the Pillar on the worker bee.))

14. - Top - End - #164

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!-screams Lemon as he swings his chainsword in an arc, trying to get some space for him and Johnny to move. He also activates his armor system to inject some antidote on his body to try to fight the poison. What are you all looking at? A cleric did it.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, I would like to take my actions after the blast hits but before Johnny attacks.

Priest's shield against the bee in F4 if it's still alive after the blast. If it's already dead, then I'll target the bug at H3. If I hit, me and Johnny get +1 to AC untill the end of my next turn.
    (1d20+4)[23]
    (1d10+3)[12]

Holy word to heal myself, no need to roll because the minimum HP it heals is 9, and I'm only lacking 8. Yes, the last battle has left me somewhat paranoid.

Shift to G5

And divine fortune to grant me a +1 bonus on my next saving throw.

(1d20+1)[7]

If Azerion kills the bug in H4, then I'll use crusader's strike to slide to that square.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[12]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+9)[14]
    (1d8+3)[11]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d20+7)[17]
    (1d20+9)[28]
    (1d8+3)[8]

The fiery pillar Patchouli conjures burns one of the bees to a crisp, and covers another one in soot, which makes it buzz even more angrily. The bee on the left and Lemon manage to avoid it just by sidestepping (or sidefloating, in the bee's case).

Accompanied by heroic shouts (which can be heard even by those outside the caverns), the other heroes attack! Johnny cleaves a bee in two while Lemon's blow shatters the bee's carapace and splatters greenish-brown blood everywhere around. The soldier bee is still alive, though.

And now it's insects' turn! The soot-covered bee flies up to Patchouli and tries to sting her, but is too used to stinging larger targets and attacks the air above her. Johnny manages to fend off the bee that attacks him, but out of the other three that bite and sting Lemon two manage to gnaw at some lighter (or at least less stink-proof) pieces of his armor for 4 and 8 damage respectively.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

In the meantime, on the surface, wind just carried a rather interestingly-shaped leaf. Ah, there it goes, out of sight again.
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-18 at 02:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

((Spend up your AP, people! We'll get new ones after this battle is done, and you get an extra +1 bonus on them when you use them, courtesy of my Commanding Presence feature.))

With a mighty blow, Johnny attempts to finish off the bee that Lemon attacked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my Warlord's Favor on the damaged bee.

Attack: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (4d6+4)[13]

17. - Top - End - #167

PURGE THE UNCLEAN!-says Lemon, who draws his bolter, and then graciously spins around himself, emptying his cartridge with deadly precision on the dirty bugs around him. He does this in such a cool way that both him and Johnny feel specially inspired to keep fighting. He even seems to glow...Wait, no, he actually glowed there for a moment! But then glow is gone, and the party is left wondering if it was an illusion or not. Then Lemon steps back a little to better defend himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Time to finnally unleash my ECANTAUR POWER, wich I didn't used last turn because of a certain mage blasting away.

Divine glow, wis vs reflex.

H3:(1d20+2)[22] (1d8+3)[9]
    G4:(1d20+2)[7] (1d8+3)[4]
    I4:(1d20+2)[17] (1d8+3)[10]
    I5:(1d20+2)[6] (1d8+3)[4]

Me and Johnny get +2 to attacks untill the end of my next turn with this.

Also, another holy word to patch myself up:
    (1d6)[3]

Slide to G5.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-18 at 03:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, yes, saving throw for poison
    (1d20)[3]

19. - Top - End - #169

((Rolling to end the poison: (1d20)[14]

Also, Osle, the bonus you get is a +4 against the bee I hit.))

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Bullet-riddled and cleaved in two bees fall to the ground! Well, those that got hit, anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

"Kyan!" Patchu squeaks reflexively at the bee's attack, before shifting a square left and bombarding it with a hail of energy.
    "Both of you get clear to one side so I can hit them all!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Magic missile.
    Int vs. Ref - (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage - (2d4+4)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

(Action point for a standard action. I have all of five healing surges a day. >_>)
    The pajama-wearing wizard takes the Orky solution and adds more dakka.
    (Targeting the same bee with another magic missile. I believe Johnny's warlord thingy gives me a +1 to the attack roll.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Int vs. Ref - (1d20+5)[9]
    Force damage - (2d4+4)[11]

(...That does it. I'm taking up drinking.)
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-06-18 at 05:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

Something was down there with the others. The sound of battle was unmistakable, she had heard it in several old samurai movies. She had to do something, they were her work partners after all and if she didn't she would get Akane-senpai in trouble if they came back without them. And there still was finding the cheese she supposed...

And if she went in she could impress Akane-senpai with her bravery. She had to go in. And someone as brave as Akane-senpai would of course not stay behind once battle was started. She began running straight for the hole, climbing down as carefully as she could, which was quite well she hired to be sneaky and athletic after all. Not sure when that happened though, she had been unremarkable back at school, perhaps it came with the job, who knew?

24. - Top - End - #174

((Ouchie. Wait for us, help is on its way.))

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Inwardly, Akane whimpered. Why had they just run down there at the first opportunity and immediately get themselves caught in a fight? It would have been so much easier if they had just listened to her and stayed out and away, but no...
    Still, she knew what she had to do, and so with a sigh she quickly went to the hole after Yuri and began following her down, inwardly grumbling at the other teammates who had to go and get in trouble.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d8+3)[7]

(1d20+7)[9]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d20+7)[11]

Johnny fights off the poison! But Lemon doesn't.

Both of Patcholi's missiles miss and make holes in the tunnel's wall. Fortunately, whatever curse did she just catch probably spread to the bees too, as their furious attacks are very easy to dodge.

Those who entered the cavern can appear anywhere at the northern edge in this round, but they can't perform any other actions unless they spend an action point.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-19 at 10:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Finally coming back to his senses after unleashing his warcry, Johnny see the magelet in trouble. Fending off the bee's attack, he calmly speaks up. Russ, do me a favor and fight of these bees while I go help our little friend.

With that, he bounds across the room, and attempts to gut the bee threatening the magelet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving diagonally to the right, then up once I hit 4 up to C4, spending my second Inspiring word on myself, and trying to smack the bee with a Viper's Strike. Ex, move it and you might be able to finish the bee off.

Word: (1d6)[6]

Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[29]

Damage: (2d6+4)[11]

28. - Top - End - #178

((Hmm...we mustn't have made it very far if everyone got to us in one round.

Topic Change: But MAN, the heal maxing out and restoring me to full health, AND a crit? Mötorhead had it right. Overkill! Overkill! I've been ridiculously lucky!))

29. - Top - End - #179
    Banned

Arriving at the scene Yuri ran in to reach square A5, right next to Patchouli. This sucked. The tunnels were exactly as disgusting as expected and the ones down there had already killed most of the enemies. How could she impress Akane-senpai like this? She needed enemies to defeat to do that. But at least she could do her best now and then be prepared for the next battle, then she would show them all, especially Akane-senpai, how brave and talented she was and then Akane-senpai would surely love her. That was a fine plan that she should immediately start working on.

30. - Top - End - #180

Patchu is glad for the insulating layer of warm bodies assistance of her vital and appreciated teammates as the bee menacing her is thoroughly owned. With a grim smile she turns her attention back to matters at hand.

Bombarding the yellow bee at G4 with chilling earth-water magic, for starters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ray of Frost, yada yada.
    Attack - (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[6] On his, bee is slowed. If it isn't a minion, anyway. Then it dies.
    Spoiler
    Show