New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fairy Tales in forth

Come gather round young children and here the tale I tell.
    About a great disaster and a wicked magic spell,
    A tale of great heroics.
    A tale of sacrifice.
    A tale of crooked hubris and a sages wise advice.

It starts within this very town on a day quite long ago
    And it is a part of history which all of you should know...

Laying by the Koolin river is the town of Everthorn... it was not the towns original name, but it was quite fitting given its current state. The cursed castle Thornhold lay just a mile away atop an overlooking hill. The castles walls and immediate area filled with the massive magical spine-covered vines which gave it and the town the name. But despite its appearance and the occasional bouts of stormy weather and the rather noticeable decor of severed heads on spikes that were haphazardly placed around the keep by its current occupant the Dark Lord Eviscero... it was the best protection that the civilized folk of the villages and towns in the area had against the monsters and bandits that plague such areas.

This fine morning was starting out just fine. The marketplace was getting set up with various merchants getting their stalls in place. The town guards were making their rounds, making certain that the public was safe, the dockworkers were by the river, looking for the latest boat from upriver which the halfling traders send thorugh every thursday, and the criminal professionals were either cozying in bed after a hard nights work or were getting up bright and early to see if they could pinch a wallet or two when other folks hadn't gotten their coffee yet.

The wizards, witches, warlocks and priests all prepared their daily spells and the few bards who had managed to make it through the big switchover were getting themselves cozy spots in the public places and trying to get in some use out of their perform skills.

Either that, or making up cryptic sounding intro poems to get some pity-change.

Regardless, this is where things start happening.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tales in forth

The tallish warforged walked up through the front gate, its eyes slightly open as Griffith's fence was easily dwarfed by it. Griffith often visited the nearby town, perhaps he needed to have a long conversation with someone. As it enters town, Dyne watches a few people go past, only noticing they were not Griffith. He sees a couple of guards walking, as he walks over and asks,
    "Excuse me, what is this place called? And have you by chance seen Master Griffith? He has long white hair, he which he dyes, blue eyes, carries a scimitar."
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

John Mulberry

John wasn't having a good day. His toothbrush had gone missing (he blamed it on pixies), he'd burnt his hand after spilling some of his coffee and he'd lost the draw for the sixth day in a row to do a donut run for all of the guards on duty that morning. As he made his way to the bakery his walk was one that the townsfolk were well acquainted with, filled with resignation.

Something else was troubling him though, something had him on edge so badly that he almost forget ol' Pippin's extra Canadian Maple donut (whatever a Canadian was John hoped that they never tried to seek revenge for all of the donuts consumed in their name).

So he made his runs, walking through each patrol pattern to catch up with the other guards and ferry donuts. The duty was distressingly boring, just the way John liked it, but still something nagged at him. He hoped it wasn't the pixies.

"Alright Pippin, Corkus, Judeau," John hands the last of the donuts over and let's out a sigh, somewhere along the line his plain, unflavored donut had gone missing, "I'd better get back, feels like the day's going to take a turn for the extra...ord...inary."

John trailed off, partly in fear and partly in the knowledge that his day was about to take a huge turn for the worse as a man made entirely of metal walked out from the chaos of the gate and started asking questions about a man that he'd never heard of.

"Looks like it already has, and I'll have to handle another quest's mess," he mumbles, before facing the metal man and letting out yet another sigh "This is the town of Everthorn, under the protection of Dark Lord Eviscero in the castle up there," John points up past the ranges of blackberry thorns to the brooding castle, "Let me guess, your master mysteriously left without telling you where he was going, and sheltered thing that you are you decided to walk out into the world on your own and find him based off a trail of clues no bigger than breadcrumbs." John shudders at the word.

He leans on his spear, face painted in a mask of indifference.

"And no, I've never heard of this Griffith, you guys?" he asks the other three guardsmen.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-06-14 at 09:47 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldrej

The tall dragonborn strides confidently down the road into town from the keep. Despite the plate-mail he wears, shield slung over his back, and longsword at his side, there almost seems to be a bounce in his step. For indeed exuberant, Baldrej felt. His apprenticeship was complete, and he was now setting forth upon the open road of adventure and glory. All in the name of Bahamut, of course. Is it possible for dragonborn to be giddy? If not, then Baldrej is as close to it as one of that race can be.

As he reaches the edge of town, he becomes more aware of all the morning activity. "Ah, the little people going about their little activities," he thinks to himself. "It will be an honour for me to strive to ensure no evil dirsupts your little lives."

"Bahamut's blessings upon you sir!" he shouts to one startled merchant who is setting up his wares. "May your sales this day be excellent!" Without waiting for a response (really, what need has he of thanks for such a small thing) he continues his walk.

Turning towards the guard station where Sir Twilight (who had touched Baldrej so deeply with his joy at Baldrej’s graduation, it was almost like the old knight was thrilled to see his apprentice leaving, and so was obviously covering up his deep sense of loss) had suggested he go to find a purpose ("make himself usefull" were the exact words), Baldrej notices a tall metallic figure speaking with the guards.

Impressed by the look of the stranger, he walks up and (disregarding the guardsmen completely) proclaims, “By the gods! That is the most realistic looking armour I’ve ever see- oh…my pardon. That’s not armour. You are one of those iron men I’ve heard tale of. I didn’t take those stories for serious, but now can’t deny my own eyes. Welcome to our town, friend,“ he nods his head in what might possibly be a tiny bow and holds out his hand. “I am Baldrej, to be SIR Baldrej in no time I’m sure.
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-06-15 at 12:29 PM. Reason: fixing a sentence
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter
    Zebith, Drow Ranger/Darkstrider

5. - Top - End - #5

Asheron

Morning light fliters in through the ramshackle roof. Asheron yawns and sits up, gazing out over the city. He stands up, stretching his legs, then notices a young woman a few feet away. He freezes, raises an eyebrow, and for a second, wonders where he is. She hides a smile behind her hand and continues watering the plants. Shielding his eyes from the harsh rays of the sun, Asheron realizes he is on someone's roof. More plants spread out under a makeshift tarp behind him. He flashes the girl an embarassed smile then goes to the edge, mentally locking in some spells as he does so.

His attention is drawn to some kind of ruckus down by the gate. He notices a man made of iron and a man made of dragon, both conversing near what looked like a perfectly ordinary man. Guy must be some woodsman, or something. He thinks. Yawning again, he nods at the girl still watering and leaps over the edge of the roof, landing lightly on a table beneath him. As he steps off the table, he draws even more looks, and takes a bow. Smirking, he leans on a nearby wall to watch from a distance, hoping the encounter at least provides some entertainment.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-15 at 11:36 PM.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Shular View Post
    By the gods!"
    John almost jumps out of his skin as the loud dragonborn breezes by him and starts talking to the metal man. He recovers quickly, the shock turning to consternation and then anger as he sheathes his spear.

Oh that's it, I can only take so much.

"Excuse me."

"That is the most realistic looking armour I’ve ever see- oh…my pardon."
    His pardon?

"That’s not armour. You are one of those iron men I’ve heard tale of.
    John coughs loudly, "Excuse me."

"I didn’t take those stories for serious, but now can’t deny my own eyes. Welcome to our town, friend,
    John starts to boil over. "EXCUSE ME."

I am Baldrej, to be SIR Baldrej in no time I’m sure.
    John taps the dragonborn on the shoulder and scowls into his face.

"Where do you get off, huh? We were having a private conversation when you butted in. Emphasis on private. Didn't they teach you any manners at knight school?" John throws his arms into the air, "You can't just walk around like you own the place, buddy, but then what can you expect from someone who wants to be called 'Sir'."

It seems as if John has stopped ranting at the dragonborn, and is actually shaking his fist at the heavens as his tirade rolls to an end.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Asheron

Asheron smiles, and buys an apple from a wandering merchant with a tray of food, watching the guard. That guy's no woodsman. He thinks, as he takes a bite.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-15 at 11:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Pippin, Corkus, and Judeau all pick their donuts from the bag John holds out.

"Thanks Mulberry." Pippin says gratefully, the female half-elf accepting a cinnamon bun.

Corkus, a rather antagonistic halfling hops up onto a barrel and picks out a good-sized bearclaw. The 3' 10" guard wielding his regulation 7 foot spear as if he didn't need it. "Abou bloomin time, I was getin worried it was wassnames turn... Aster! Thats him, guy wi the horns. Couldn find his way wi a map and a rope. We'd be havin our morning donuts for lunch if wa him, eh Judy?" he nudges Judeau with an elbow.

"Log log." The orc replies, munching on a cruller.

The three guards watch as the metal man arrives and asks his questions. As John makes his replies they watch with a sort of amusement... everyone on the force knew how John reacted around 'strange' things.

Pippin smiles to the metal man, "I'm afraid I don't know of any Master Griffith... but I could write a 32c Person Locator form." she opens a large folder of papers and gets one form out, seming to know its location by memory. "Soo... long white hair (which he dyes) blue eyes and a scemitar. Anything you know about Race, Height, Weight, Skin Color, past history, medical conditions, magical ailments or conditions, prophetic notes, zodiac sign, birthday, death day (if applicable), sexual orientation, religion, or state of citizenship?" she flips the paper over and looks at the remaining questions. "Oh, and does he have a goatee?"

Corkus and Judeau just look on in bemusement at Pippins work and Johns tirade against the dragonborn.

Meanwhile in the marketplace, a short goblin merchant just blinks in shock after the dragonborn knight had apparently given Bahamuts blessing on his humble shop. Feeling a little more optimistic he begins to cry his wares.

"Rats on a stick! We got rats on a stick... day old and fresher. We got em cooked, raw, dried or pickled! Rats on a stick! Make great snacks or toofbrushes! Rats on a stick!"

Several more people are milling about the market square, mostly human though quite a few members of other races are seen. A few goblinoid workers note the rat-on-a-stick vendor and wander over for a quick meal.

On the rooftops, birds flutter along as a spiretop drake chases them.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Tesni

A half elf hops up to the gates of Everthorn, beaming at everyone as she considers where she could find out more about a missing scarecrow. It didn't seem like something that just anyone would know about. She pauses there at the gate, tilting her head as she considers the dilemma. Her brown hair slides to one side as her her eyes grow thoughtful. People asking questions about why she was interested might prove to be a bit awkward... maybe it would be better to be discrete. Maybe. But would it be as fun?
    The girl waves at the guardsmen on duty, just generally being friendly.
    "Good morning!"

10. - Top - End - #10

Dyne was about to respond to the guard before seeing the dragon-man walk over. Quite grateful to have a new friend, it shakes his hand and was going to respond before noticing the town guard wasn't happy with the talking dragon-man. Watching the exchange in front of him, it took it a few seconds to Realize that the half-elf was talking to it, Dyne stumbles out
    "Well, um, he was, was, about six inches shorter than I am, um, um, very pale, he said people would ask if he was dying. Clean shaven. Uhhh... healthy, I think, though he complained whenever he took a leak or something... Uhh..., birthday was three weeks ago, hasn't died yet..., not sure about prophetic notes, and what does sexual orientation mean?" It starts rubbing its hands, this being the first time he had so much attention in its memory.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldrej

Baldrej is so surpised by the guardsman's verbal assault that he doesn't even notice when the iron-man gives his still outstretched hand a shake. He raises his eyebrows (do dragonborn have eyebrows?..eyeridge?) in surprise. While not particularly intimidated, he does not wish to escalate things into a middle-of-the-street brawl, like some low-class wagon-loader after a night at a tavern. He decides to take a more diplomactic tac.

He loooks down at the human. "My pardon, guardsman. It was not my intent to inturrupt your conversation, indeed it did not even occur to me that a seeming stranger in town would be having a private conversation with an on-duty guardsman. I'm afraid that my high spirits this day, along with the surprise of seeing such an extraordinary person, completely over-rode my proper senses of ettiquette. I truly regret that my actions have caused you such distress, and, I pray that you'll allow me to buy you a tankard of ale after you are finished with your daily duties."
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-06-15 at 12:35 PM.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

12. - Top - End - #12

John Mulberry

John stops shaking his fist at the heavens as the dragonborn makes a well-versed apology. He frowns for a moment, then nods slowly.

"The apology I'll accept, though as for the drinks I don't swing that way. You start drinking with someone like you and the next thing you know you're head deep in a dungeon trying to stop some kind of ancient evil." he shudders, "So I'll pass."

Noticing the half-elf girl John blows out a breath, feeling more at ease.

"I'll see if the girl needs help Pippin, if you can finish with the metal man here."

If I believed in gods I'd thank them, something normal to deal with!

"Morning miss, are you in need of assistance?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldrej

Baldrej smiles as the grumpy guard walks away, then turns to the remaining guardsmen (and guardswoman). "I like him. He's got spirit."

Baldrej waits patiently for his turn to speak with the guards, not wanting to step on any more sensitive toes. He is curious about the iron-man, though, and continues to listen in on the conversation.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Pippin adds the information to the form and folds it up. "I'll file this at HQ and by tomorrow morning they should have a notice on the Adventurer board outside the station... its the big wall with all the little hooks people put notes on." she says "If anyone finds any information about your master they should let you know."

The other two guards keep an eye out on the people passing through the gate into town. Mostly farmers and traders. A elderly couple walk through, heading in the general direction of the City Guards station.

Judeau the orc notices Baldrej seeming to want to talk to the guards and moves closer to him if the dragonborn wishes to talk.
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-06-15 at 11:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldrej

Baldrej notice's the orc's approach, and opens his mouth to speak when he catches the other guard mention the adventurer's board. "Actually, I think I know what I need to do," he says to the orc.

With that, he turns to the iron-man, who is apparently finished. "Before we were inturruped, I had introduced myself, but I never caught your name. I go now to see what has been posted on the board, and wondered if you would be willing to join me. I'd be most interested in learning more about you, and where you are from."

Baldrej waits for a response and then heads to the station. While he hadn't paid much attention to it (why should he?) to notice the, well, notice board, he trained long enough at the keep to know where most things were in town.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Valandil wakes from his long night of stakeouts. The sun has already been up for about an hour. It takes a few seconds for him to realize that he is late for his morning patrol about the marketplace. Quickly he scrambles out of his makeshift bed of a shirt for a blanket and a boot for a pillow. He makes his way to the marketplace to make his usual rounds. But upon arival anything but the usual is at the marketplace. Nearby a dragonman and a iron-man seem to be conversing. He can't help but notice the two as nothing this strange has set foot in town for quite a while. Valandil can not help but overhear the discription of the missing person given by the iron-man. See that this will be much more interesting the theives in the marketplace he decides to investigate and see if he can help find the missing person. After all he thinks it would be a good idea to help the guards since just last week he "arrested" a two year old child for "stealing." Valandil walks over to the guards and the iron-man

"Hello good sers. I am sorry to interrupt but overheard your conversation about the missing person and was wondering if I could help. As you know I patrol the streets regularly and may be able to track down information from those that are less willing to speak with the authorities."

The guards look at Valandil and get that look on their face. The same look they got when he suggested the two year old was stealing bread.
    Last edited by Dristin; 2008-06-16 at 07:57 AM.
    "I gave you a twizzler I can do what ever I want" - ME

Valandil

Bozam

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkantra View Post
    John Mulberry

John stops shaking his fist at the heavens as the dragonborn makes a well-versed apology. He frowns for a moment, then nods slowly.

"The apology I'll accept, though as for the drinks I don't swing that way. You start drinking with someone like you and the next thing you know you're head deep in a dungeon trying to stop some kind of ancient evil." he shudders, "So I'll pass."

Noticing the half-elf girl John blows out a breath, feeling more at ease.

"I'll see if the girl needs help Pippin, if you can finish with the metal man here."

If I believed in gods I'd thank them, something normal to deal with!

"Morning miss, are you in need of assistance?"
    John certainly had misfortune then, because Tesni was anything but normal... and no doubt he'd get swept up in the adventure one way or another soon. Especially if the brilliantly smiling half-elf got her way (which involved getting a guard to help her find a scarecrow, since she had just gotten this opportunity). She waves cheerily to him and puts her arms behind her back as he gets closer, making herself look a bit more vulnerable and helpless, which might inspire a little bit of pity from him.
    "Oh, um, well... I guess so, but it's not really anything important. You don't have to bother if you don't have time..."
    She looks down at her feet, hoping the little act would be vague enough to make him curious, while also seeming innocent enough not to be threatening or a really hard duty for him.

18. - Top - End - #18

Asheron

Asheron takes another bite out of the apple, rolling his eyes at the con the half-elf girl puts on. He wonders if he'll be able to hear the conversation from here, and listens intently without appearing to. He looks at the group again, a sudden thought flashing across his mind. He notices the metal-man, a dragonborn, and an "innocent" half-elf maiden. As he watches, a suspicious looking character comes up to the watchmen and starts talking. Well, there's a thief. Looks like an adventuring party. Must be that time of the year again. He looks up at the morning sun, blocking the light with his apple, while he wonders if that's good news or bad news.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

19. - Top - End - #19

John Mulberry

"*sigh* Miss, just explain your problem and I'll see if I can do anything about it. That's what this job is after all," he look off to the side and starts mumbling to himself, "people never want to solve their own problems, gotta get the guard or adventurers to do it for them."
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-06-16 at 04:39 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Dyne

Dyne tried to calm itself, at least it will have a story to tell Griffith when it sees him next. When Pippin did not explain what sexual orientation meant, it was obvious to Dyne that it probably was something it never have to deal with again. It was quite glad that the dragonman suggested to help. "My name is Dyne, thank you very much for offering to help me." It turns back to the guards and bows.
    "Thank you for the help, and I am sorry if I offended your comrade."
    It turned back to the dragonman, ready to follow him, not sure how to respond to the person who said if he could help if it didn't want to talk to the guards.
    At least I made a few friends, I think.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Truth be told, the Adventurers Board wasn't quite as open as Pippin might have made it seem. Jobs on the adventure board get there because the town guards put them up, and for each job posted there are several more that aren't due to circumstances. Many of these circumstances are due to the job being already assigned to a knight or the guards.

Its most likely that any job that would require the skill of a dragonborn paladin would have been immediately directed to him or his master instead of posting it on the street.

The way to the adventurer board weaves through the marketplace, past the town square, around a corner and next to the Town Guard Station. Several people are milling about the board. A largish sign reads 'No alcoholic beverages or face-concealing cloaks, please.' A few burly and well-equipped characters are looking a the board, occasionally drifting back to the tavern across the street as if they were pearl divers in need of the occasional breath of fresh air .

A small worried looking goblin in merchant clothes is talking with a guard.
    "I'm telling you, it can't wait till later. Somebody tried to steal da rats out of my basement... cages everywhere. I've got em locked in for now but if dose fieves could get in wifout opening the door I'm afraid of what might happen." The little green man stops talking with the guard for a moment to scan the crowd, ducking and weaving as larger folks walk by without seeing him.

The board itself has these notes on it:

"Massive sheep disappearances in Peeptown."
    "Child abductions in town of Nodnol."
    "People of North Haverbrook need heros to deal with dragon attacks.... or drake attacks. (there's a whole bunch of nasty lizard things over here!)"
    "Sudden outbreak of sleep-inducing poppies on the road to Nodnol."
    "Need guards to help protect trade caravan to Woodblade goblin tribe."

Meanwhile in the marketplace, a goblin food vendor offers Asheron a freshly baked rat meat pie with tomato paste to go with that apple.
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-06-16 at 07:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Asheron

Asheron smells it, too see if it meets his high, if rather homeless, tastes. He grabs a piece, carefully, and inerly takes a bite out of it. Deciding it's not too bad, he hands the goblin a coin and checks to make sure his money's still there. He sidles closer to the half-elf now, his rat pie an effective cover.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-16 at 10:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Tesni

"Well it's not exactly my problem, I was just a bit concerned so I thought I'd help out...
    There's a farmer that seems to be missing a scarecrow, and it seemed unusual that it disappeared so randomly and without any trace. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it."
    Tesni gives a little smile and then points through the gates.
    "I was going to go ask around the town, if you'd like to help me out. I really would like the company, and it might be easier if there were two people looking for it..."
    Still smiling, she looks up at him with big, hopeful green eyes.

24. - Top - End - #24

John Mulberry

John considers the situation for a moment before turning to the other guards.

"Pippin, can you hand me a 13b form?"

Once he gets the correct form John turns back to the half-elf.

"Sorry to disappoint you miss, but unless a situation is urgent we have to get the proper forms filed with the captain, who then decides if it warrants the guard's attention. Either way it's posted on the adventure board and I'll have to go on with my regular duties. Let's see," he begins scribbling on the form, "Missing property reported by witness, sic, not the owner of said property, scarecrow missing," he mumbles to himself as he ticks off boxes and fills in the blanks on the form for another half-minute, "Alright, all I need is your name and the farmer's so any information can be passed on to you."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh..."
    Tesni looks at her feet again, disappointed with the way it had turned out. She taps one toe against the ground, wondering what to do next- she didn't want to give out her information, and she didn't want random adventurers running around looking for her and the scarecrow either, especially when it might not even be anything bad. She gives a little sigh.
    "I don't think this is something for adventurers to deal with. I just wanted a little help looking around, but if you can't..."
    Her voice is genuinely sad as she looks back up at him, crestfallen.
    "I'll just deal with this on my own then. Thank you anyways and sorry for wasting your time."
    She starts heading off into the town to look around elsewhere.

26. - Top - End - #26

John Mulberry

... dammit, the captain's going to have my hide for this.

"Hold up miss," John jogs up to the girl with a frown on his face, "I suppose that I can give you a hand for a while, but I do have to report back in about an hour. It shouldn't take that long to ask around about a scarecrow so that should be enough time."

You're just looking for some lost property, it's not an adventure, it's not an adventure.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Tesni's face lights up and she smiles radiantly at John, turning to face him again. She steps up to him and compulsively gives him a hug.
    "You will? Thank you! Thank you so much!"
    She steps away, then with a bounce in her step leads the way into the town, her hair springing up and down with her movement, showing off its shiny, well kept luster.
    "I'm sure we'll find something if we just keep looking!"

28. - Top - End - #28

Asheron

Finishing the pie, Asheron inelegantly licks the tips of his fingers, having enjoyed the crude meal immensely. His hood still back and staff on the ground, he sets off after the guard and the half-elf, intent to at least keep them clear of trouble. Although, he thinks, what trouble could there be in looking for a sarecrow? Staff tapping the ground, he follows from a distance, examining wares as to blend in.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-17 at 10:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

29. - Top - End - #29

Dyne

Looking at the adventurer's board, Dyne realized that none of them had to do with Griffith. Could he have taken one of these adventures?
    "Sir, Baldrej, I assume you have nothing to do with the dragon attacks in North Havenbrook." It attempts to joke before continuing. "Any ideas as to what we should do?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldrej

Baldrej studies the board. While the idea of dragon hunting causes his blood to stir, he is concerned about the missing children. Braldrej liked children, and the thought of any coming to harm bothered him.

"My heart yearns for the challenge of a dragon, but my mind tells me to ensure the children's safety. I find myself rather torn, to be honest. What about your search for Master Griffith? Is this a matter of urgency for you?"
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter