New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

He wants to hire us for some sort of Job? But how did he know about me? I think I can swing four weeks, especially if I tell them I'm following some leads...yes.

Those Guidelines are more helpful, thank you. But just when are we supposed to leave on this expedition? I have some business affairs that need to be settled before I can leave.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-06-21 at 12:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

"I intend to be setting out by lightning rail this evening. No sense in wasting time."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Will

Will looks more interested. "Ah, so you intend to accompany us. Also you will negotiate with us for any items except the one relic you will detail to us before we enter, and that item alone is yours without negotiation. That is much clearer and more acceptable! Now as to equippage, for the expedition; I don't know what your arrangements are, but I would like to inspect them. Also, I think you should provide some assistance for healing the party. I can do some healing, but really I usually only back up and assist a trained healer, it's not my main thing. I think if you provided a healing belt for each member of the party and five potions of neutralize poison, that should cover most situations." He smiles, "You assume we will only have to deal with wildlife and primitives... that's not much of a guarantee. The only thing I am certain to expect in an expedition like this is that there will be something I don't expect. And even if I'm wrong about that, don't put down the amount of damage wildlife and primitives can inflict."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-21 at 03:24 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"I will be accompanying you as far as Adderport, yes. As for the rest of your terms, most of them are acceptable. However, I am already paying you a considerable amount and paying for the travel arrangements, a cost which is not insignificant. Any further equipment, barring a few necessities that I was already going to provide, are your buisness, unless you would like to pay for your ship passage instead."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Will

Will shrugs, "All right, I suppose we can handle things among ourselves. I accept the conditions and the assignment, contingent on the others all accepting of course, I don't want to go into a situation like this undermanned. I would like to be paid our advance here, though, so we will have a chance to procure other equipment... unless of course there will be a stop along the way which is more likely to have explorer's equipment available?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

"Those terms sound fine. What time is the coach leaving?"
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

"The rail coach will be leaving the station at three o'clock. You will have until then to purchase any supplies you will need. Anything further that you decide you need you may be able to find on arriving in Adderport."
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2008-06-23 at 01:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Will

Will turns to the others after receiving the assurance of advance money. "Five hundred apiece is not enough for belts of healing, they usually go for seven fifty. However, I'm willing to put my 500 forward as a loan to be paid back to two of you if you want to buy belts. I consider it an investment, since it will lessen the use of my healing magic on the party. Zero interest, just pay me back from your share of the profits."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-25 at 11:19 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Kabe
    "I'll get one, I think. I've got a letter of credit I can draw, so I'll only need to borrow 80 gold."
    He turns to Sur'kil.
    "Our pay is in letters of credit, correct? I wouldn't want to carry a sum that large in specie."
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

"Niether would I." Sur'kil withdraws a small sheaf of papers from an inside pocket of his waistcoat, each carefully penned and notarized with the House Sivis mark and the Kundarak seal. He hands one to each of you that has accepted his offer of employment. He holds the last, looking at Muntassur. "Will you be joining us as well?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Will

Will looks at his letter of credit, "Well, most stores that might carry such things can usually handle these, we should go... and we'll meet you on the train, sir."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Muntassur's silence gives his answer. Sur'kil returns the last letter of credit to his coat pocket. "Very well. If you change your mind before we leave, you can meet us at the lightning rail station. Alright, gentlemen, if there is no further questions, it would seem time for us to prepare for the journey."

((Shottaz has been offline for the last week and gave no word he was leaving, so I figure we may as well press on. Starilaskur is large enough that anything that is within your price range is readily availible, so just let me know what you are picking up and we can continue on.))

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

((I'm going to assume that no one has anything they want to buy then, and get on with the adventure.))

You meet Sur'kil at the lightning rail station, as scheduled, and depart. You travel in first class accomodations to Korranberg, where you board the Swiftwind, a Lyrander galleon chartered just for this expedition. Though you may ask for specifics before the Swiftwind sets sail, Sur'kil refuses to elaborate further until you are underway.

Once the vessal is safely away from the docks of Korranberg, your enigmatic employer finally fills you in on the details. "The location you will be surveying is in the jungles of the Q'barran peninsula, to the south of the great volcano of Haka'torvhak. From Adderport, you will have a five-day trek inland to the site of the Temple of Kha'shazul. This temple is your destination and the site of the relics you seek."

"The temple is now used by a tribe of lizardfolk worshipers of some half-fiend dragon god. From what I understand, they demand tribute from other lizardfolk tribes in the region, so I would expect them to be armed and capable. However, the temple and it's inhabitants are merely an obstacle."

"I believe that the Temple of Kha'shazul hides a deeper secret, one unknown to even the current inhabitants. My research indicates the temple occupies a place where an ancient demon was cast down. Such places were guarded, in legend, by half-dragon beasts. Somewhere beneath that temple, I believe that the crypt of one such ancient creature lies, along with relics of that time."