New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Epic Wizard Vs. Beast Planet

It has been said in the past that someone who goes up against an Epic Wizard needs to be able to survive being hit in the face with the sun, but how about a planet? or having a planet EXPLODE INSIDE THEM with no damage done?

I give you The Beast Planet

So basically the question is, do you think that an Epic Wizard can find a way to destroy a massive planet-thing which devours worlds, and can survive having planets smash into it and explode inside of it without any effect at all? And vice versa, can the Beast Planet reasonably find a way to damage a guy who can apparently create solar systems at will? YOU DECIDE! (meaning for once I'm trying not to get involved in my own threads...)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Wizard Vs. Beast Planet

Wizard opens a portal to the far realms, that being probably one of the weakest things they can muster. The Beast planet is pulled into a place of paradoxies and insanity where lovecraftian entities and worse roam.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

What the hell did those lovecraftian entities ever do to you?

4. - Top - End - #4

Nothing, but the insane and epic level horros of the far realm(and their not so epic most of the time Alieniests) have done alot to my characters.......
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

So basically the question is, do you think that an Epic Wizard can find a way to destroy a massive planet-thing which devours worlds, and can survive having planets smash into it and explode inside of it without any effect at all?
    Avasculate. Avasculate. Avasculate.

And vice versa, can the Beast Planet reasonably find a way to damage a guy who can apparently create solar systems at will?
    Wall of force.

6. - Top - End - #6

The Epic Wizard wins. Yeah, the Beast Planet can take a planet blowing up inside it but can it take direct impact with Black Holes? Or a whack from a disintegrate. It's an Object, not a creature, so it is auto affected by disintegrate. So all it takes in an epic disintegrate large enough to just erase it.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    The Epic Wizard wins. Yeah, the Beast Planet can take a planet blowing up inside it but can it take direct impact with Black Holes? Or a whack from a disintegrate. It's an Object, not a creature, so it is auto affected by disintegrate. So all it takes in an epic disintegrate large enough to just erase it.
    I was going with its nature as a 'thing' making it susceptible to Avasculate, or better still, the Cosmic Descryer's 'LOL CL ∞ HOLY WORD'.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Couldn't the epic wizard also hide from it indefinitely while he researched an epic spell designed to specifically and unfailingly destroy a Beast Planet?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Couldn't the epic wizard also hide from it indefinitely while he researched an epic spell designed to specifically and unfailingly destroy a Beast Planet?
    If that. If he has enough mitigation on hand - Solars in pokeballs (don't ask) spring to mind - then he can just -BAM- and create any spell in a day. Possibly from inside a flowing time effect, so he does it in no time relative to the outside world.

EDIT:Haha, disregard that. An epic spell with DC 0 would have a development time of 0 seconds, meaning that it gets 'rounded up to whole days' - 0 being a whole number.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2008-06-14 at 08:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hehe. That must be one big Epic Wizard for the Beast Planet to have any interest in him at all.
    "Once you go scaly, you'll be back daily!"

Self-proclaimed scaly minion of the Nameless Cleric fan club.