New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Warlords - IC Thread

Tanya Summers

Tanya seems rather irritated at Conflet's attitude.

"Look, it's not my fault the sensors went awry, alright? I'm used to the stuff...I can't judge it by my own exposure. And you're pretty lucky you only got a whiff of the 5-methoxy-dimethyltryptamine. It's not the worst I'm packing by any means."

The girl turns away again, this time returning with a small white bottle.

"Normal, garden variety aspirin. Take two before we leave and you should be fine. Again, I'm sorry about the dimethyltryptamine. I need to get this place better ventilated. And, on the other hand, it's incentive to get those air filters in, isn't it?"

"And, since you wanted to know, I'm Tanya Summers, and this--"
    She gestures to the Warlord "--is Psychosis."
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2008-06-15 at 09:58 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflets eyes flare a little, obviously irritated right back. If you can't trust your own systems then you really should look into a more secure location. And for your information I've already installed the air filtration unit, I wouldn't be here otherwise. Conflet looks from the Warlord to the girl, then takes the bottle. Psychosis huh? It fits.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #33

Tanya Summers

Tanya chuckles darkly.

"Thanks. What's yours?"

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jonathan

"Hello." The voice says, as Jonathan steps into the room. He gazes at the suit, a large wonder of advanced weapons. It does indeed look more rugged and heavier than the standard Warlord, if any of them can be called standard. He turns on his PDA and begins calculations and analyzation of the machine. "Sorry to bother you. You mentioned something about suit weight and a problem with the parachute?" He taps out staccato rythm on his stylus, working around a general schematic as he sketches. "I'm using a proprietary glide package on my suit, it might be able to help you out. Of course, I only had one, an your suit is...a little heavy, but I can help you with one, if you want. Depening on wind speed, velocity, and lift, I could give you an approximate 67.3% redution in drag with an estimated 82% overall increase in survivability. " F=pSV²sin², so if I adjust the linear...no, that only works at hypersonic speeds. Ok, a general 30ŗ incline in the stabilizers...maybe a spread design? Then fix the airfoils with an increased compression compensator and airflow cutaway. He nods to himself, and saves the file. "Now, I'm using an increased ensity shape memory fabric for my parachute, and I have a spare that should help you immensely, if you want it. It'll be going into the final glide package, either way. Just say the word." Finished, Jonathan turns to walk out of the room, putting away the PDA.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflet looks noticeably more alive when she mentions her Warlord Quicksilver

6. - Top - End - #36

Tanya Summers

"Quicksilver-Mercury-Hg-Atomic Number 80-Atomic Weight..."

She trails off, embarrassed.

"Sorry. Old habits die hard. Anyway, what's it do? I'll assume you haven't found a way to liquefy the suit and still retain functionality..."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Walter

"Thanks, I'll gladly take your spare parachute. I like the idea of my suit literally parachuting or crashing into enemy defenses and emerging unscathed, anyway. Still, I'll have to get back to you on the glide package. Sounds interesting. You installing the parachute, or should I? Either way, since you've had a look at Bastion, my Warlord Suit, I think it's fair that I get a look at yours, once the installation is done." While he is saying this, Walter grins happily, as he had found those with the same intelligence as he.

"By the way, since you're helping me with my suits aerial capacities, I feel like I should help with your suit. Mind me taking a look at the suit's armor?"
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflet smirks a little Not yet. No, its smaller and more agile, designed for reconnaissance and stealth. And it has built in Camouflage

9. - Top - End - #39

Jonathan

Jonathan looks wary for a moment, then it passes, an he nods. "Sure. You can install the parachute, if you want. It's quite similar. I'll wait here, and watch you, then we can go look at Waveform." He pulls out his PDA and shows Walter the schematics he was working on, adding folding wings, much like an F-14 Tomcat, to a fold out assembly in the back, hidden until used. The parachute appears to deploy similarly, at the same time, from somewhere around the back. After showing him, Jonathan turns off the PDA and sits down, examining the suit etensively.

Hearing the call to mount up, Jonathan gives another nod to Walter, and heads to his room to ready Waveform.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited for readyness.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-16 at 12:07 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

10. - Top - End - #40

Tanya Summers

"Camouflage, eh? How're you doing it? Pull the DNA off of a chameleon, or do you simply use refracted light and some cameras to pull the color? Or is it something else entirely?"
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2008-06-15 at 11:18 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflet wags her finger and makes a tut-tut-tut noise Don't want to reveal ALL my secrets.

OOC: that means I haven't figured that out yet >.>
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-15 at 11:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Tanya Summers

Tanya grins for the first time since Conflet's entrance.

"Have it your way. But if you don't either tell me or let me take a look at it eventually, I'm lacing your lab with a solution of Banisteriopsis caapi, and you won't be able to work because of the colors exploding in front of your eyes. Consider that a friendly warning, okay?"
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2008-06-15 at 11:28 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflets face doesn't change I suppose. We should probably get ready now.

14. - Top - End - #44

Tanya Summers

"Right. Now get the hell out of here, because I'm running another sensor test to make sure I fixed that bug, and if you get another exposure within a twenty-four hour period you're not going to be good for much."

With that, Tanya turns back to her machine and begins re-attaching the dismantled panels.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflet nods professionally, and heads back to her Warlord. She makes sure all her systems are working properly, running through all the different systems one at a time.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once the hour of time to upgrade your Warlords is up, base Staff are dispatched to your room, asking you to suit up. Once you have complied, they usher you onto the tarmac. Before you is a large, sky blue plane, almost 60 feet long. It runs on two powerful engines, evidently capable of lifting the vehicle into the air. The rear access is open, and you can see the cargo nets that have been installed. Inside the plane is Warrant Officer Jerot.

Let's get going. It's going to be a two hour flight from here to the conflict zone. This needs to be taken care of before the freed militants can mobilize.
    Last edited by GrandDukeJerot; 2008-06-15 at 11:54 PM.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

17. - Top - End - #47

Jonathan

Jonathan steps into the plane, his suit's hud glowing dimly in the dark atmosphere inside. His basic Warlord body has been modified heavily, evidenced by various sensor packages and rigs on it's main chassis. Most of his armor is a dark blue, a color he developed with the aid of the United States Army, effective in nullifying most long range detection. The rest, the joints where the paint would have scraped off, is the standard gray the suits started off as. All of the equipment he has added is stealth black, producing even less of an identifiable signature.

The suit has gauntlets of black metal around the wrist, emitters for some kind of energy, from the look. Tubes of unknown use lie against his back, pointing straight up, and each has six barrels around a larger, central barrel. The whole thing has been built off of a modifie power core that makes use of cutting edge thermodynamis to reciculate used energy, which makes the suit's thermal energy signature a minimum. An antenna thrusts up straight out of the helmet, giving it satellite access. The back is modified, though the glider package is completely closed up right now. The back plate is entirely different, various edges and shapes giving definition to an extremely folded up pair of wings.

He walks over to the side of the plane and stands ready, waiting for whatever comes. His PDA's information has been opied into the suit, and he accesses it through his visor, causing it to glow. After a few minutes of simultaneously running diagnostis, he shuts the PDA file down, and the suit's mask goes completely dark. He waits.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

18. - Top - End - #48

Psychosis

Black and deep purple gleams dully in the sunlight as Psychosis steps onto the tarmac. It treads lightly for such a machine, and moves faster than its metal construction would imply. Halfway to the plane it stops dead and drops into a crouch.

Then, suddenly, it surges forward, launching itself into the air with impossible force to land cat-like next to the plane.

Ha!

Psychosis walks aboard and glances around, its eyes glowing a brilliant white.

*Understood, sir. Psychosis ready for takeoff.*
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2008-06-16 at 12:37 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

19. - Top - End - #49

Torque

Torque skates along the ground, resplendent in bright yellow. The souped up power supply whines noticeably as he rolls along. It can't be seen but Kevin is grinning within.

Torque stops at the bottom of the ramp, leans forward in a runners ready pose, and peels out on the tarmac. The power supply of his shock gauntlets spikes before he accelerates suddenly onto the ramp.

"Woah. Those gyros are working, I guess!"
    Last edited by starwoof; 2008-06-16 at 01:12 AM.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Dr. Leonardo Schwartz

Dr. Leo quietly made the parachute modifications to his suit, with only a few glithes of working the release system to not interfere with the suits delicate equipment. As the hour passes by Leo finshes the 'personal' modifications to the suit. He suits up, and makes his way to the tarmac.
    His suit is mostly black, the helmet having a single slit across the eyes giving him a wide range of peripheral vision. The forarms are slightly bloated with the equipment attached, the left arm having several small hozes running up the arm. The boots are fitted with a hydolic system, with visible high peassure gas nozzles. Over it all, mocking a trenchcoat, is a lagre, white, labcoat.
    "Let us make this as quick and painless as possible. I rather dislike aerodynamics."
    The Necroswanson's Deviantart.
    Freemanatar by Phase, thank you ever so much.

Remember kids, Vortigaunts say, "The Free Man is not a number."

21. - Top - End - #51

Walter

Walter's suit is a bright green and yellow, noticeably heavier and larger then the other Warlords, as it clomps over and into to the jet loudly, shaking the metal beneath him, denser then even the construction of the other Warlords. It's many weapons, especially a missile launcher and the Odin's Spear, Walter's soon-to-be signature weapon are clearly visible, the Spear replacing the suits left hand. The three optical sensors of Bastion are each in different sizes, giving Bastion a less streamlined sense then the other Warlord Suits.

"Bastion is ready. I can only hope the others are as well."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

An out of place sparkle here, a wavy line in the midst of a line of perfect straightness, the appearance of smoked glass in the corner of the eye, these minuscule occurrences are all that hint of Quicksilvers arrival. Moving swiftly onto the plane, faster than any of the other Warlords, before being noticed. Conflet deactivates the Camouflage once on the plane. The camouflage, which makes Quicksilver appear see-through, seems to slough and melt of off Quicksilver, disappearing like liquid, revealing gleaming silver, with streaks of white and the occasional black. The source of Quicksilvers oh so appropriate title now more than clear.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

As soon as all of you have boarded the carrier, the hatch shuts. Within minutes, flight is cleared, and you rapidly ascent into the air. Immediately, you settle in for the long ride ahead.

[timeskip]2 Hours Later[/timeskip]

Warrant Officer Jerot is approached by a petty officer from the front of the plane, who whispers into his ear. Nodding, he stands up at the front of the passenger area.

We are over the conflict zone, people. Check your equipment, and head out.

Pressing at a button by his seat, the hatch creaks open. Wind rushes in as the plane is open to the air.

Good luck, and godspeed. Warrant Officer Jerot salutes you all.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Dr. Leonardo Schwartz

I should be in a theatre teaching students how to safely perform a labotomy. Not hoping to god my suit has a bag to vomit into. "Well, time to see if these actually work ladies and gentlemen."
    Completely ignoring the salute Leo stands and makes his way to the opening, his helmet giving no signs of him looking down.
    "Here goes everything."
    And with that, he lept out. Inwardly he panicked, and on the outside he monitered the HUD for the sign that he was out of the red zone. And when the status changhed he pulled the cord.
    Just as designed a flap in the back of his coat lifted to allow the parachute to deploy.
    "So, any plans?" He asks over the advanced com system he had installed, hoping the others helmets were fitted with them as well.

25. - Top - End - #55

Psychosis

*Just let me hit them first. Then have at them as you will. I assure you that most of them won't be up for a fight.*

With that, Psychosis leaps from the plane, free-falling the distance to the ground. The machine is already cloaked in a thick fog of some unknown substance.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

26. - Top - End - #56

Jonathan, making a few more minor calculations, returns the Warrant Officer's salute and steps to the hatch. The wind whips around him, though he doesn't notice it at all in his suit. He visually measures windspeed, then gets a tiny notification about an incoming unscrambled message on one of his multiple communication systems. Turning on one of his simpler comm interfaces, he responds. "Well, if my glider doesn't work, stay away from my suit. The power core is still experimental, and likely to go with quite a large explosion." That said, he steps forward and drops straight down, monitoring velocity and elevation.

After a bit, he engages the system, and his back unfolds into stealth-bomber style fixed wings and a parachute releases over him. Nonstandard, to say the least, the parachute is made of a very heavy duty fabric in strips a few inhes wide each, giving the chute the appearance of fingers hovering over the suit. After braking almost entirely, the chute quickly withdraws into the back of Waveform, and Jonathan tilts the machine down at an angle and begins to increase in drop speed again. After racing past Psychosis at improbable speeds, he whips the chute out again to slow, maintaing a solid speed thereafter. In his suit, Jonathan nods.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-16 at 08:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

27. - Top - End - #57

Psychosis

Psychosis briefly flips upside down, and the sleek machine throws Waveform a salute.

*Happy landings.*

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Conflet

Conflet leaped with the Quicksilver, the streamlined and heavily modified Warlord easily cutting through the air, Conflet activated the Camo, and made sure everyone was getting a signal on her location, and then activated the parachute. She had painted the bottom of the parachute roughly the same color as the plane, so it would be harder to spot from below.

29. - Top - End - #59

Walter, a.k.a Bastion

Like Leo, Walter attempts to hide his immense fear and doubt. He gives a shaky salute back to the Officer, and tries to get rid of his fear by whistling the tune of "Leaving on a Jet Plane", while literally walking out the hatch. He obviously begins falling at great speeds. Unlike Leo, Walter openly panics, instead of inwardly. He shows his panic over the comm system. "Ohcrap, thatwasstupid, ImgonnadieImgonnadie,
    andIllneverbeabletopublishmyworkandbecomeknownand-"

Thankfully, Walter remembers that he installed the parachute system that Jonathan gave him earlier. He engages it, and attempts to mimic his teammates movements, from what he can see of him, and like Jonathan, he keeps the parachute system until breaking almost entirely. He seems to have calmed down entirely. Or at least gotten excited in a different way.

"And lo, destruction rained from the heavens."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

At 1000 feet Leo disengages his parachute, to allow the hydrolics on his boots to do their job, and avoid low altitude gunfire, and possibley put distance between himself and the screaming Walter.
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-06-16 at 11:23 PM.