New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Angel Rescue Encounter [3.5 Ed]

Hi.
    I donīt know wether i am in the correct part of the forum; i hope so. ^^
    This thread here is a request and information gathering thread.

Background:
    I completed Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde with my party. In the end of that campaign one of the players bought stuff for an incredible good succubus costume. (He is the shapechanger race of ebberron i think donīt know the correct name right now)
    He went through the portal ( i just made it possible) and he arrived on the demon plane, where he got picked up by a Balor who was very amused about his outfit. Some smalltalk, then they made a magic contract:
    Balor <-> Player
    The player is allowed the freely walk in the Balors city and on the plane, without getting killed -though the Balor cant assure that there are no other threats- if the player brings 5 dead Angel corpses to the Balor within 2 years.
    The other characters donīt know anything about the contract. at least i think so.^^

Next Session we will complete the Standing Stones adventure and i want to prepare a "random encounter/mini dungeon".

Information about the Group:
    Group Level 8-9
    Cleric/Crusader good aligned
    Rogue/Tome of Battle Class good aligned
    Psion chaotic neutral
    Sorcerer War weaver chaotic neutral or something evil. always something like that^^
    The Cleric - wonīt be amused about killing an angel
    The Rogue - well i donīt know exactly but i think he is against the killing too
    The Psion - doesnīt bother about killing it. He even could appreciate it.
    The sorcerer - wants to kill the Angel, to get a start to fullfilling his contract.
    The adventureres travel along the forest road. There they will see a big cart.
    On the cart sits a very rich merchant with his beautiful daughter. The daughter wants to see/rescue an angel. Therefore her dad bought a treasue map. The servants of the merchant are digging a big hole (about 20 feet deep). They will find a stone door with a magic contract holder next to the door....

Now i have two ideas:

First idea:
    The contract says: Everybody willing to enter has to spill a "big amount" of good aligned (female?)blood over the door.
    Door opens -> players enter a circular room where an severely injured angel monster is chained in the middle of the room, a big sword sticking in his chest. every round the sword is some inches deeper in the angel until it draws back and the angel gets healed. Now the players are already confronted with the situation. Help him, kill him, leave him there because they cant help him. (the questions: how to help? Where/What are the Threats?)
    This idea represents something lake an "Angel torture laboratory/prison"

Second idea:
    Contract says: (Here i need an idea )

The characters enter a circular room, now time runs against them. they have to overcome some traps, obstacles or something like that in about 10 minutes(?) When they overcome the obstacles they enter a chamber where the characters the same angel scenery as in idea 1. If they are too slow, the sword killed the angel. if they are fast enough, the angel will be alive. If I/we will decide on idea 2 i think the angel will be unconcious, no matter(?) how fast they were.

I donīt know what idea 2 could represent. Maybe the same like idea 1 but with security measures.^^

If the help the angel they will get a reward sometime in the future.
    If they dont help the angel "their reward" is the angel corpse ?

1. Now i need your help to flesh out idea 1, idea 2 or an other/maybe better idea you have.
    2. Maybe you have ideas to flesh out the "random encounter intro"
    3. Ideas about the reward if they help the angel
    I thought of something like a Ring of Resurrection. With one or two (or more ?) charges of a completely paid ressurection spell.

Hope you have some ideas
    Dont kill me please because of my grammar/spelling. I try to correct it when i see something
    Last edited by Monsterknuffel; 2008-07-02 at 11:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Angel Rescue Encounter [3.5 Ed]

Nothing personal, but this belongs in the gaming thread.

I like idea 1, but you should consider this: If some of the party members are willing to kill an angel, why shouldn't they kill the father and the daughter? Especially if the father is a rich merchant.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Angel Rescue Encounter [3.5 Ed]

thx ._. thats why i asked if i am in the correct forum section ._.

well the sorcerer wouldnt kill the merchant, because the merchant is a possible trading partner, with connections and so on. Heīs the merchant type.

The Psion just doesnīt care. He seeks for strange/flashy/ interesting magic/psionics , magic items, magic effects, artifacts etc.

thx for the answer, i will copy paste it to the gaming thread then.