New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cantaras: Party Two

Meinrad Ambrosius

With a nod to the serving woman, Meinrad collects his things, taking a seat at the group's table, beside Taifen. "This the same old gang, or are these friends...new?" he asks his old comrade, glancing about to those present. His eyes settle on Endeca for more than just a moment, and then he turns back to Taifen for his answer.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-06-25 at 04:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebek Kothoga

Stifling the growl that threatened to escape his mouth at the newcomer's obvious appraisal of Endeca, Sebek sits back and allows Taifen to handle introductions.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Endeca, for her part, looks up as if noticing the newcomer for the very first time. The young elf smiles broadly and utterly without guile - if Meinrad didn't distinctly know that there was no such thing, he'd guess that she was a total innocent. She gets up, streatches, and walks over to him. She studies him for just a moment before hugging him firmly.

"You're warm," she announces plainly. And comfy."

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

The Inside of the Travis: The party is sitting around the table at E4.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not lovley, but it seems servicable. Not bad for a first attempt.

[CENTER]So You Wanna Be A DM? A Potentially Helpful Guide
    Truly wonderful avatar made by Cuthalion

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Meinrad blinks. "Wha..."

While he didn't particularly mind the hug, being entirely unused to such affection makes him freeze up a bit. He hesitates to struggle, hug back, or even comment.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-06-25 at 05:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebek Kothoga

With a slight frown, Sebek clears his throat. "Hatch, come back to your seat," he says to the young elf. The older elf looks to the newcomer. "Meinrad? Meet Endeca," he says with a nod. "I am Sebek Kothoga."

7. - Top - End - #37

"Oh, fine."

'Deca walks back over to her seat and immediately latches onto Sebek, since she's sitting next to him.

"When do we get to the fun part, Seb? I'm boooooored."

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

8. - Top - End - #38

And I'm Leo. Pleased to meet you. So, you already had met one of us right? What a fortunate coincidence finding we meeting here!-says Leo, extending one hand to Meinrad, altough his eyes are fixated with a reproving light to Endeca.

Calm down girl. We can't have fun with empty stomaches can we?
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-06-25 at 05:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebek Kothoga

"Food first, Hatch. It will take the edge off from our trip. Afterwards, we'll see what we can see, hm?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Anya Shadowbringer

Anya laughs at Endeca's behavior, then turns to the newcomer, saying "Hello, I am Anya. You're friends with Taifen already ? How nice !" - Anya then gives a warm smile to Meinrad.

Turning to the menu for a few instants, Anya continues: "Oh, I think I will go with Sebek's choice here, and have the owlbear too."

Spoiler
    Show

Damn y'all, you decide to post alot in the exact day that I can't acess the internet until late at night xD
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Alloren Taifen

Allowing the typhoon of introductions to take their course, Taifen waits until there's a momentary lull before responding.

"Yeah, these guys are new. We met about a year after you and I parted ways. We wander around, help those who need it, explore anything that no one's been to, and so on. It's been pretty good, all said and done."

Realizing that he still hasn't replied to the serving woman, he turns to her for a moment, and says that he'll have the goose with vegetables.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheesh, I leave for five hours, and you guys post about a full page. Truly astounding.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-06-25 at 06:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"Pleased to meet all of you." Meinrad says with a sort-of half-smile, shaking hands where they're offered. Remembering the server, he turns to her before continuing. "Stew, please." He takes a moment to breath in the air around him, still smiling a bit awkwardly.

"Yeah, Taifen and I go back. I think we actually met here with a band of other sell-swords. Joined up together to do a few missions." He turns to Taifen. "So you're just wandering now, eh?" He glances around. "You folks making good money, that way?"
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-06-25 at 07:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Anya Shadowbringer

"I was the last one to join up, a few months ago, so I can't say much for the money. But we really get along well, which makes things easier." - Quickly going quiet, Anya drinks from her cup.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Alloren Taifen

Taifen shrugs.
    "It's off and on, mostly depending on whether there's a patron for where we happen to be wandering. Still, if someone's paying, and the work's dangerous, you'd be surprised at the kind of money that gets thrown around."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Interesting." replies Meinrad, who uncorks his bottle and takes a swig. "So, as far as your team goes - find yourselves working alright? Have you noticed you're short a set of blades?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebek Kothoga

Sebek smiles and pokes Taifen's elbow. "I think he's looking for an invite," the elf says in a stage whisper before winking at Meinrad. "If he trusts and vouches for you, I've no issues," he says with a nod.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Alloren Taifen

Alloren nods, and smiles a bit at Sebek's jest.

"Another swordsman would be useful. If you want to join us, then I'll vouch for you."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-06-26 at 12:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

'Deca shrugs and sets one of her flasks on the table. It's hard to see what's inside - it could be water or alchemist's fire. The elf starts spinning it idly, always looking at the person it points to like she could actually tell something that way.

My extended homebrew sig

19. - Top - End - #49

Leo looks worried at Endeca:

That's not something explosive or dangerous you're playing with there is it?

Damn why hadn't he paid more atention at the alchemy classes?

20. - Top - End - #50

"I dunno," she says cheerfully, "but I can find out if you like!"

She continues spinning the bottle, but now takes long pauses to stare at whomever the bottle points at.

My extended homebrew sig

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Taifen. I'm only pointing out your party isn't as good as it could be - I said nothing about having desire to join. As you said yourself, things are "off and on". Do you think I'm one to accept such an unreliable income?" He says with a weary smile, and takes another swig from his bottle of rum. His face then grows a little more serious, and he speaks at a slower pace. "Although, there hasn't been much in the way of work around here in quite some time. If you really want me tagging along..." He gives everyone a look once-over. "Yeah, alright, I'll join your gang. For an equal cut of the pay, that is."

He tries hard to ignore the antics of Endeca. As cute as she was, her attitude was simply a little too strange for him to tolerate.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-06-26 at 01:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The serving woman scuttles off to the kitchen and returns a few minutes later precariously balancing several plates and a bowl. She distributes them around the table and then asks "Did one of you mention something about hunting owlbears?"

23. - Top - End - #53

"Yeah!" Endeca says brightly, "He did! It sounds like fun - can we do it? Please?"

My extended homebrew sig

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Alloren Taifen

Taifen continues speaking to Meinrad, shifting out of the way whenever Endeca points the flask toward him.

"Well, thank you, 'Rad. We shouldn't have any objections to equal pay; hell, it's one of the main stipulations in the band charter."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebek Kothoga

Sebek smiles at the serving woman. "Indeed, my companion wondered if adventurers brought the meat to you. Is that the case?" he inquires with a raised eyebrow.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. You were just curious where we got it," she says shooting a venom laced look at Levitt, "Used to be we did get from an adventuring type. Fellow named Otis used to bring it in regular, but he went and ticked off Travis and now we can't even let him back in the place no more.

"I was under the impression," she continued giving another stare to wilt plants in the direction of the bar, "ya'll might be selling some, or know someone who was. What you folks got there is darn near the end of it, gonna have to change the menu soon."

27. - Top - End - #57

Leo tries out some of the owlbear to see how well it's made.

Well, we're kinda new around here, and we currently don't have any job. Do you know if there are owlbears near the town? If yes, I think we could perfectly spare spare some time to hunt them and give you a fresh supply.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Alloren Taifen

Shifting his attention to the conversation with the server, Taifen nods.

"That we could. And after you've got a decent stockpile, we could talk with Travis to convince him to let Otis come back, so our leaving won't leave you high and dry."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

The owlbear steak is fantastic. Seasoned to perfection and tender as all get out. It seems Taifen's claim that the food here was the best in the docks was not an exaggeration.

"Well, as I recall, Otis used to go out into the Grilwald looking for them and come back a week or so later" the server replies, indicating a sizeable peice of wilderness to the north-east of Zoti, "I don't think he'll be coming back though afterward. Travis doesn't change his mind about things and he gave Otis a right scare. We warned him about messing around in the kitchen and sitting at that table but listinin ain't exactly Otis' strong suit.

"If yer willin ta make the trip out and do some hunting, I might have a rough map around here someplace."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebek Kothoga

Sebek nods. "We might take you up on that. I'd like to get familiar with the area anyway. Are there any ruins or points of interest within the Grilwald?" the druid asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    KnowledgeHistory - (1d20+10)[27]: Any major events occur within the Grilwald?
    KnowledgeNature - (1d20+10)[17]: What other kinds of creatures and natural formations are within the Grilwald?