New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Horror! The Horror!

Garret

Secretly relieved that she was healed, Garret nevertheless passes up offers of healing, if any are given. Heading back into the middle of the market square, Garret feels the bloodlust waning. He searches for a vendor to sell him some kind of fur blanket, and another for a small piece of warm cake, no matter the price. Tinkling his small bag of money, Garret hopes it isn't too steep.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was obviously nothing I could do. Aside from outright slay her, which my deity would probably recommend. So, you handle the healing, cleric-boy.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

He nods at Garret as he declines the offer of healing, and says "We should regroup with the others. Would you mind informing them of where we are, so that we may inspect that kobold, to see if we can find out who he was and why he was watching us?", as he extended a hand to Meri, to help her to her feet.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was more or less just a joke about a half-hp wound being minor Nothing more, nothing less.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The small cake could be had for three marks (Copper pieces), though the fur blanket, being as it was winter and such things were rather coveted, was far more expensive; an entire gelt.

A quick search of the kobold's body reveals no obvious information as to who he was working for, or even why he was spying on you, but he does have an interesting assortment of gear: A grappling hook, a climber's kit, and fifty feet of silk rope, a small sized suit of leather armor, now ruined, a small sized shortsword, a small sized heavy crossbow that had clattered to the street after the conflict, three tiny vials containing some shimmering black substance, a small sized dagger with a garnet in the pommel, twenty six gelts, nineteen florins (Silver pieces) and four marks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Causing Hideous laughter is an Extraordinary ability of 20th level monks.

At least, it should be.
    Proud Supporter of Vorpal Tribble's Monster Competition

4. - Top - End - #64

Garret

"Interesting." Garret remarks, rejoining the group. ""Ten marks says it's poison." He says, indicating the vials. He drapes the blanket on Meri's back and offers her the cake. "Eat. The cold could be worse for you than it's blade." Garret declines any of the equipment or money from the corpse.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know. =) I was hoping you'd use the bold obviously again.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2008-06-26 at 12:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

5. - Top - End - #65

Laurinda

Having been taking quite by surprise when the others just upped and chassed after the creature on the roof, it took Laurinda a few minutes to to gather herself and follow them. By the time she eventually caught up though, it looked as if she'd missed the fight.

When she reached the others, she greeted them with: "What happened? What was that thing doing watching us?"

[ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I go to sleep for one night, and miss the entire combat...
    [/ooc]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(At least you still get EXP and loot)

At least, it should be.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Stengard

Seeing the group rally to arms in the face of evil brings a grim smile to his pale, stubble strewn face.
    Moving along the side of the building, Sten keeps his attention focused on the aura so as not to lose sight of their quarry; as the nimble elf shows expertise with her bowcraft, darting into alley ways to take difficult shots. Getting cut for her troubles.
    Garret's selfless chivalry at seeing her wounded touches Sten, and as he joins them at the corpse he looks at the cleaven body; and then Garret's sword- "I've a whetstone, if his vertebrae took the edge from your blade. Serpent bred vermin"

[OOC- I appreciate the xp and everything, and this case is part of the learning curve, but could we roll initiative next time? Then we each get a fair and equal set of actions. [/OOC]
    Wheron of which one cannot speak, thereon one must be silent.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I agree with that we should roll initiative next time, I have a +8 Init , and it just got wasted....

Yelker yells at his allies, " Awesome!! that is one less stupid kobold. he says as he climbs down onto street level to meet his comrades. " So, how are we going to divide the loot?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb Check to get down. [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Last edited by GhosTim15; 2008-06-26 at 10:23 AM.
    MY FAVORITE COMIC!!
    The alternative - a Belkar who lusts after me- is too horrific to contemplate.
    Amen, So that explains why ye just Charmed a muskrat into humpin' Belkar's bare feet.
    Hmm? Oh, no, that is merely for my personal amusement.
    What the-- Arrgh! Get off! Wild Empathy check! WILD EMPATHY CHECK!!!!!

My characters...

Vincent Ungart (The Shining Army)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

OOC: sorry for double post, I just did the roll formula wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb Check to get down (1d20)[12]
    MY FAVORITE COMIC!!
    The alternative - a Belkar who lusts after me- is too horrific to contemplate.
    Amen, So that explains why ye just Charmed a muskrat into humpin' Belkar's bare feet.
    Hmm? Oh, no, that is merely for my personal amusement.
    What the-- Arrgh! Get off! Wild Empathy check! WILD EMPATHY CHECK!!!!!

My characters...

Vincent Ungart (The Shining Army)

10. - Top - End - #70

Garret

Garret examines the edge, sees not a single notch on the blade. "Thank you, man, but I should be fine." He says to the offer of a sharpening stone. He takes a look at the assembled people, all those who expressed interest in the defeat of the Gorgon. "I am called Garret. I am a knight in service to Imberwyn."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, guys. I thought we were basing it on who made their spot checks, like a surprise combat. =(

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sure thing, next time we'll roll for initiative. I was just really into the fight, and a lot of people seemed kinda...not here, so I just went ahead with it.

At least, it should be.

12. - Top - End - #72

[[Heh just say we were not in an actual legal combat, since only two-three members of the party saw it? But yes,Initiative would be nice next time as well.]]

The slender elf gave a soft sigh as the warm positive energy flows through her side,the wound re-knitting itself. Soon with a sigh and the soft rubbing of spare snow nothing of the wound could be seen but bare, and suddenly cold skin.

"Diola lle", she told the cleric, smiling softly and nodding in thanks. She started to argue with the human but a sharp,icy breeze made her shiver, pulling the blanket over the now torn hole in the side of her shirt. She did, however, force half of the cake proffered back into his hands, watching him solemnly until she was sure he was eating it, nibbling at her own half.

"Lle naa belegohtar" She told the human warrior, smiling and nodding at his sword.

13. - Top - End - #73

Garret

Garret nibbles on a little cake, looking for a homeless man to foist it off on. He stares at the elf lady questioningly for a minute before speaking. "I don't know exactly, but I'm sure I'm supposed to either say 'thank you' or 'you're welcome'. Well, just to be sure, both. And diyola ley you, as well." He says, elvish rolling off his tongue smoothly but inncurately. He sincerely hopes the words are taken well.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Any beggar currently in the square would be delighted to take the rest of Garrett's cake, even if he was a bit wary of the sword-toting man. A few of the merchants had been about to set up a hue-and-cry, but the band of adventurers had taken on the kobold fairly swiftly.

What was their next plan of action, after looting the spying creature? Would they immediately go haring off into the Tyren Woods after the Gorgon? Or would they go looking for information beforehand? They might even go into a completely different region around the city, or go talking to one of those offering a reward before chasing down the fiend.

At least, it should be.

15. - Top - End - #75

Laurinda

"Are we going after this thug then? I say we need to get some more information on what we are dealing with before running off after him. Such as how much truth there really is behind these stories of his abilities..."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Stengard

"I agree, we should speak to his victims - ideally one who survived seeing him fight, and compose ourselves to fight him best. From these rumours he appears more than capable of killing mere caravan guards; and I have no wish to share their fate. These crimes will be avenged, justice done and revenge served. I will take pleasure in seeing his mortal soul banished from our world."

Stengard studies the poster again, this time comparing any evidence of Gorgon's abilities to his memory of dark god worship.
    Knowledge(Religion) = (1d20+1)[8]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While wild rumors circulate that the Gorgon is a cultist to Oropis, God of Death, or Laveid, God of Temptation, he has never been truly devout in battle, so you are unsure as to whether he worships any of the gods of the Oran Pantheon.

It is possible that he worships other ancient, sinister gods, but your knowledge of the dark religions does not go that far back, and you are unsure.

At least, it should be.

18. - Top - End - #78

The elf smiled softly, her head tilted as she listened to the others speak. She wiped the remaining crumbs off of her hand and checked the string of her bow. As the tall swordsman replied to her she cringed just a tad at the horribly-accented elven, though she offered a tentative smile and a nod.

She agreed that they should learn more of the man, and perhaps how many friends of his own he happened to have.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Stengard

"Well the most recent addition to the poster is also the most urgent- Marn the farmer's son's may still live. Let's speak to Marn himself and see what he remembers of the attack" boldly striding to the nearest commoner, the Paladin towers over them and asks in a clipped, brief manner- "The farmer who lost his sons to the Gorgon, Marn, where is he?" gather info = (1d20)[17]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The man in question, a dark-skinned merchant with brown hair and black eyes, looks to the right and left before leaning in and speaking to you. His Imber is poor and heavily tinged with an Eledu accent. "I believe lives in the farms outside of town. It should not be hard get to him." He then gives you directions to the farmer's house.

At least, it should be.