Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Its been a quiet week or two, relatively speaking. The city's been as it always is, but Agdor hasn't contacted you with any jobs. The only really unusual thing has been the weather, despite it being the middle of June, the air is cool, almost chilly, and the skies are a dull mass of cloud, threatening rain, yet not delivering.

    Until today, anyway.

    The entire city looked and felt gray and lifeless, as as many people as possible stayed indoors to avoid the downpour, which seemed to be making up for all the days it DIDN'T come down. There's a few places that remain active even through the rain, most notably (in this case) a little run-down looking hotel on the edge of downtown.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Maurine Kenina

    Hoping out of the bus she had taken Maurine pulled her coat tight around her in a feeble attempt to keep the rain from soaking her clothes. The run-down hotel in front of her was the safe house, sure as hell is hot didn't look very safe. Maurine put the obvious crap state of it to the back of her mind, if the shadow league said it was safe, it was safe enough. Quickly walking inside the hotel removing her soaked overcoat, her wool jumper blissfully dry, so too the linen shirt underneath, and the sports bra underneath that. Her black trousers were only mildly soaked the overcoat having taken most of the flak from the rain, and her thermal undies keeping her private area nice and toasty warm. Her walking boots on the other hand were soaked and despite their design intent the rain had proven more than they could handle and had leaked, the inside of her boot giving a light squish sound when she walked as the water moved about inside her boots. "Perfect. Just abso-****ing-lutely perfect." Her voice down trodden as she looked down at her soaked boots.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Philippines
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Scott

    A man in a thick raincoat walks through the rain. He is thoroughly soaked by the time he spots the outline of the hotel through the pouring rain. Thank you very much, Agdor. Couldn't have even checked the forecast.

    He pauses to pull the hood further over his head. Suddenly, a bus drives next to him, nearly running him over. As it were, it just splashed more water on him, drenching him even more. Crud, he thinks, wringing his shirt.

    The bus stops at the hotel, and a figure emerges. Ah, someone's already here. He hurries closer, but stops when he recognizes her.

    "You? You're on this assignment??"

    ((feel free to make stuff up.))
    Last edited by Abardam; 2008-06-20 at 11:04 PM.
    sorry to:
    -neophyte's game
    -gladiator players
    -tlotb readers
    -irc 4e game dudes
    -tooth and claw

    apologies for flaking out of all that stuff

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Luna, Sol

    Luna and Sol arrive at the hotel in their corvette, parking the black car in one out-of-the-way corner of the parking lot. The passenger door opens first, and out steps Sol, opening a large umbrella made of black fabric with a metal tip. As he walks around to the driver's side, Luna steps out under the umbrella.

    The two walk in step to the hotel entrance, both protected from the rain by the large umbrella, collapsing it again once beneath the overhang. Their feet and the lower edge of their pant legs are wet, but they are otherwise dry. Sol lets the umbrella hang from its wooden hook of a handle on his wrist and calls out to the other two figures, standing at the bus stop, "I recognize you from the email! Do either of you know why we're here?"

    Luna leans against a wall under the overhang and keeps a watch to see if anyone more approaches.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Mox

    Clambering up the rain slicked stairs from the metro, a disheveled man in a rumpled and worn overcoat looks round at the buildings surrounding him. Eyes on the street signs and apartment numbers, he seems to be mentally counting down to his destination. As he approaches the hotel, those looking can see his features are bland, if haggard; dark hair plastered against his forehead, worried eyes peering out from above painfully sharp cheekbones. Hands jammed into his pockets, a sodden newspaper jammed under his arm, he eases through the group congregated on the doorstep with a mumbled "excuse me" before opening the door, stepping through, and closing it behind him. The man looks like none of the pictures from the email.
    Last edited by NobleSavage; 2008-06-20 at 11:57 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Maurine Kenina

    Seeing the faces she had seen in her recent e-mail Maurine continued walking to the hotel answering any questions with "Not untill we are inside, stupid."

    OOC: Now she then proceads with what she would have done if she weren't interupted at the bus stop, ala the check of how wet she is.

    Moving inside the hotel more rubbing her hair a little to try and stop it from dripping down her back, her display contacts showing the pictures of the people she was suppose to meet as she sat down in the lobby. Laying her coat by her side and bringing up her contraters field bag checking through that none of her stuff had gotten wet. Pleased that the bag had held up to the rain for now she brought up the e-mail sent to her by Agdor again on her display contacts before speaking to what she hopes is the fully assembled team. "Right. This is going to be fun." This moanful speach occuring inside her head as she motions the three to sit down.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-21 at 03:09 AM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    John Arkington

    John arrives as the rest of the ensemble have entered the hotel. He is wearing a coat over a slightly worn suit, his hair is quite short, but enough to get messy when in the rain. True to this fact, his hair is in fact a mess. Waiting for the bus to leave he steps out of the taxi he arrived in, opening an umbrella and paying the driver. Walking towards the entrance he quickly wipes his face with the sleeve of his jacket.

    Entering the hotel he takes off his coat, placing it into a nearby coat rack. He then walks towards the group, and introduces himself as John Arkington.
    "I'm sorry for being late, I assume a proper introduction is in order. I'm John Arkington, nice to meet you. Now then, I assume you know just as much as to why we are here."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Luna, Sol

    After entering along with everyone else, Sol leans the large umbrella against the wall by the coat rack and finds a good place to lean, being watchful as Luna was before. Luna, on the other hand, starts talking. "That depends," she says, making eye contact with Arkington, "do you know quite a bit, or do you know nothing at all? My name is Luna, by the way, and his is Sol."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    John Arkington

    Having sat down he begins to speak. "Well, I know as much as the e-mail told me. I know we are supposed to help with the investigation of several possible chasers, and that we were supposed to meet here. That is just about it."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Philippines
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Scott

    Scott refrains from taking a seat, as he is soaked from head to toe. Instead, he leans against one of the walls on the side. Checking his watch, he is annoyed to find out that it wasn't as waterproof as it said it was.

    "Junk," he mutters, pocketing the ruined watch. He looks at the hotel's clock, only to find it obscured by some mystery dirt. What a dump.
    sorry to:
    -neophyte's game
    -gladiator players
    -tlotb readers
    -irc 4e game dudes
    -tooth and claw

    apologies for flaking out of all that stuff

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Mox

    Stepping through a door to one of the inner rooms, a handsome man in a crisp white collared shirt, green sweater vest and light brown tie emerges carrying a cup of tea. Moxey, recognizable as such from the emails sent out, straddles a chair on which a soaked, battered overcoat hangs, soiled newspaper discarded in a nearby wastebasket. "So, looks like we're gonna be working a job together. Grab something to drink in the back so we can get this started." Taking off his glasses, you can see his eyes match his vest precisely. Looking the others up and down, he takes stock of his associates, paying special attention to the packs each has brought. A sturdy briefcase sits close by his chair.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Luna, Sol

    Sol remains leaned against the wall, scoping out the room. Luna sits down where she can see all of her fellows and says, "We aren't thirsty, and he can hear fine where he is."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Maurine Kenina

    OOC: Sorry for my absense, I'm back now.

    Looking at the new arrival and then looking to the coat and newspaper for a moment, two and two do make four and those two facts equal up to this guy being a changeling. Sighing a little, annoyed at the fun group dynamic Maurine tugs a little at her jumper to cover up some flesh at the back she began to speak, "Right. I'll only be saying this once so try not to forget." after this little speach she pulls her laptop out -turning off her display contacts as she does- and gives a few keys a few clicks and brings up the image of one Gustave Davidson, his little bio sitting underneath in a word file. Spinning her laptop round so everyone could get a good look at the screen she continued, "This is Gustave Davidson he is part of a small group of men going for for government positions. The league has reason to believe that one if not all has ties to the shadow chasers. They want us to check out Mr. Davidson. We have a few leads to go on, two bars, a gentlemans club and Mr. Davidsons home." spinning the laptop back around Maurine brings up the map with the locations circled, then spinning it back around to give everyone a look. "Now you all know about as much as I do. Before we continue and do anything involving the job I'd prefer to know a bit more about y'. A first name and proffesion will do, and also any special skills you might have." She gives Mox a quick look when she says special skills, obvious that she would prefer him to go first.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Moxey

    "Right," taking a sip of his tea, looking their very normal contact up and down. Straightening, Mox rests both elbows on the back of his chair, cradling his cup and saucer, "You all can call me Moxey, or Mox if you'd prefer. Succinctly put, I'm good at getting where I'm not supposed to and finding what people don't want found. I have contacts in place that allow me to track people down quickly, I can get past 'deterrents' pretty easily, either by impersonating someone else or taking them apart. Got a mind for security, pays to be cautious and I'll do my best to keep y'all on your toes. Mmmm, I know my way around the street and am decent in a gunfight, should it come to that. Oh, and profession? Not really into anything steady, people hire me to do any of what I mentioned from time to time, enough to keep food on the table, at least. Anything else?"
    Last edited by NobleSavage; 2008-06-25 at 06:17 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Rather surprisingly, the weather manages to get WORSE. The rainfall increases, along with the windspeed. There's also the loud rumbling of thunder in the air, and some flashes of lightning can be seen through the grungy windows.

    This certainly isn't the 'light showers' that were advertised by the weatherman.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Philippines
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Scott

    This rain keeps up, I'll have to stay here for the night. Scott shudders involuntarily. "Alright, folks. Name's Scottson, Richard Scottson. You might have seen me on Killer Bear Wrestling, as Scott Richards, three-time KBW national title-holder.

    "Back 'there', I trained under Master Derrelleth, in the mountain Temple of the Nine. I can throw a mean punch when y'alls'll be needing a mean punch, and I think we'll be needing a few mean punches in the near future."

    He futilely tries to wring out the water from his coat.
    sorry to:
    -neophyte's game
    -gladiator players
    -tlotb readers
    -irc 4e game dudes
    -tooth and claw

    apologies for flaking out of all that stuff

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Luna, Sol

    "My name is Luna, and his is Sol," says Luna calmly. "We drive, fix engines, shoot things, and race cars and motorcycles. And, sorry, but we don't really watch professional wrestling."

    From where he's leaning against the wall, Sol says, "We're the cavalry."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Looking over at her new team Maurine again sighs, "Good. We have very little time to waste." Twisting her laptop shut with a deft movement and then with another sliping it into her bag she stands. Quickly grabing her still wet coat off the chair next to her throwing it over her shoulder as she does, and walking back into the lobby proper before turning around and talking to them again. "However, It'll be a little too noticeable for a large group of people going about in the middle of a massive rainstorm. So get a room. Or sleep in the lobby, I don't care." With that she heads over to the desk and asks for a room for the foreseeable.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Moxey

    "Now hold on a minute, darling"," there is no apparent hurry in the man's voice as he stirs his tea. "We were all nice enough to share a little about ourselves, and I'm just terribly curious about you." Looking up from his tea, Moxey's eyes seem to darken slightly. "For starters, what do you do? And What exactly is your plan, that you're asking us all to take part in?" Waiting, Mox placidly sips his tea, eyes not leaving the woman.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Maurine

    "Let me get this straight first. I'm not askin' you. Agdor is tellin' you, just as Agdor told me. Now since you all managed to tell me somethin' that will help us not get killed by chasers, feel free to do the same." Now turning around placing her hands at her hips, drilling Moxey in place with her stare which would be all the more impressive if she didn't resemble a half-drowned version of herself.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Mox

    "Mmhmm," draining the last of his tea, Moxey sets the cup and saucer down. "Now I don't know about the rest of you, but all I received was a name, a couple of pictures, and a few locations. That hardly consitutes a plan. I know what we have to do, but how we do it is just as important, especially where the Chasers are involved. I, for one, would be much more comfortable working with you if I knew exactly what you brought to the team. You'll excuse my insistence, but I have a hard time trusting anyone who walks in like she owns the place and demands information without even giving us her name. Now I trust Agdor, I do, but only to a point, and only because he's kept me safe and in work for a long time. You? You I don't know, and it doesn't help that you look so... normal," its hard to tell with his voice so evenly modulated, but there almost seems to be a hint of derision when he says the word. "Now I don't mean to be a pest, I don't, but I also don't need you assuming command of this operation without proffering the slightest bit of credibility. I don't need this job. I don't even need the League, when it comes down to it. What I need is to be able to trust and respect the people I'm working with when handling such sensitive information, and I need the same from them." Unperturbed, Mox meets the woman's eyes, almost smiling, even.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I don't quite understand this part:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valgunn
    Now since you all managed to tell me somethin' that will help us not get killed by chasers, feel free to do the same

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Maurine

    "I'm Maurine Kenina, and as a matter of fact I am normal. Which you make you people abnormal? Wouldn't it? Don't misunderstand me I've got nothing against shadowkind aslong as they obey the law, even after they tried to turn me into a feast!" Maurine manages to maintain her calm up till the end when she pulls down her jumper a little to reveal several fang scars. "I'm a private investigator and I'm one the best." Calming down now and moving her jumper back, covering her neck. "The plan is to investigate. To be specific, we need to find out if he has any ties to the shadow chasers, I don't need to tell you how bad that would be if they got people into the goverment. If you got anymore questions I'd prefer them to be now."
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-07-06 at 05:42 PM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Luna, Sol

    "Yes, we've got a bit of a question," says Luna. "A bit of a trivial one really. We've never really done any investigatory work, so beyond a vague idea, we don't exactly have a good grasp of what the actual plan is. We also aren't sure where our talents fit into that scheme. So it would be nice for us at least to know more of the plan that just that our group will be investigating."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Valgunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    =][=
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Maurine

    "Fair enough. I assume you two have at least one van, and we'll be doing a fair bit of driving so you two will be working in shifts unless something goes wrong. We'll also need your mechanic skills to outfit the van with spy gear that we'll place about him and his. The shooting things will come in handy if things go south." Taking a long breath and looking now towards Moxey, "The bugs we'll place is your job." then turning herself to John and Scott. "Hopefully we wont need your combat skills, but we will need you to keep an eye on the equipment and do a little meat work."
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Mox

    "No. It makes us persecuted."

    Letting the woman proceed, Mox sits back, listening to her outline. He nods. "Look, this job seems simple enough, any one of us could do it on their own. The fact Agdor rounded us all up is probably because he is getting a sense of something bigger than what we're used to. If not the Chasers then something else as dangerous. Now, for a plan, while Miss Maurine has sketched a nice composite of our skills we'll need to flesh it out a little more. I will, as she suggested, run point for the bugging operation. It should be easy enough, but if we are dealing with an organization they'll probably have their own security teams in place. We'll need spotters, you muscle," he quirks his eyebrow, "will do nicely, with the added benefit of having y'all close by if things go south. Maurine, it seems you have some skill with electronics, would you be willing to handle communications? Keeping us moving together is essential to this working smoothly. And as far as transportation, I really hope you two," he looks over to the diminuitive duo, "have something a little less flashy. I personally prefer public transportation as it allows you to blend in with the crowd and doesn't give any way of tracking you. We could use eyes on the move, so maybe a taxi cab could work well. Then if things get nasty you could scoop a couple of us up and get us out of there. Vans, vans are a little conspicuous and so 90's, few things say 'spy' more than an 'Acme Plumbing' van parked out front. We should be able to set up a comm room almost anywhere, farther away from the action and with more room. That will also provide a better chance of getaway since vans can get caught in traffic or have tires shot out. Any questions? If not we should do some preliminary recon of the area, looking for coffee shops with a good view, assessing traffic patterns, and looking for escape routes. We can probably leave here in an hour or so in ones and twos. Well, except me, I can go get a head start now, if y'all don't have any other suggestions." Features morphing, he becomes another thirty year old man, different than his first persona, better posture, more confidence, and thick blond hair.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    The phone at the front desk rings, and the receptionist, a rather bored-looking halfling, answers it.
    "Greyhawk Hotel.
    ...yes...
    ...which two?
    ...right.
    "
    The call apparently over, she hangs up, then heads over to your group.
    "That was Agdor. Something's come up. He didn't say what, but a cab is on the way for Maurine and Scott."
    As if on cue, a cab can be seen pulling up through the rain-covered windows. The passenger-side door opens, and an umbrella is shoved out, followed by a tall figure. The rain is too heavy to make out his features, but he appears to be wearing a suit. He walks up to the door, but doesn't enter.
    The indicated members look at each other, then the group. Without saying anything, they got up and made for the door, disappearing into the rainy outdoors.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    John Arkington

    "Sadly, I need time to prepare for combat. This thing *Pointing at suitcase* is not exactly subtle either. I can still get by without too much noise, I suppose I've never had any role outside other than to not miss. Not that I have anything against it either. I see nothing wrong with the plan, now if you excuse me, I need to check something." He then walks towards one of the farther away chairs, opening his suitcase, and checking all of it's contents are present. He then checks the contents of his coat, more precisely the vest he wears underneath. Looking satisfied he leans back in a more restful position.

    ((Sorry for not getting around to posting in some time))

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Mox

    Raising his eyebrows at the departure, the man ripples back into Moxey and sits down again. "Well that changes things a bit. Alright, the rest of you ok with this? Think we can continue until Agdor sends us reinforcements? It shouldn't be hard at all, but now some of us might have to act a little outside of our comfort zones, anyone have any other skill at anything else? Computers, etc.?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Luna, Sol

    "There's a bit of a problem," says Sol, stepping forward after Mox has outlined his plan. "Unless you want us to joyride in one of our client's vehicles, we only have a very flashy two-seat sports car and a very large pickup truck. So if we're going to provide transport we either need the capital to get a used sedan and paint to make it look like a cab or we'll just have to settle for the work truck."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DCish area

    Default Re: You got your D&D in my d20 Modern! [IC]

    Moxey

    "Mmm, I was afraid of those would be our only options, but it really shouldn't be much of a problem. Public transportation really is the way to go, you can blend into a crowd with ease and get outta there without leaving a trail; no license plates to worry about, no tire tracks, no nothin'. Plus, you don't have to worry about traffic, sucks when you're on the run and boxed in by rush hour." Taking a moment, Mox looks the two over, "How 'bout this. Truth is, sometimes things get hairy and you need to get out, fast. If everything goes well, great, but sometimes it don't. Now, no need to park something that can be tracked back to us, how 'bout you two pick out a car before settling into your lookout positions. Something quick but common. If you check the meters, you can even get an idea how long its owner'll be. That way, if things get ugly, you can pop it open and haul us out. Work? You guys look like you know what you're doing, shouldn't take you long at all to get it started and movin'."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •