New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

Waetir

"I understand. My existence goes before the homonculus."

Waetir moves to the homonculus, before standing at it and picking it up. Waetir's body vanishes, water seeming to splash out of his body covering the creature as both disappear. Waetir's voice echoes from where he stood. "I will hold onto it."
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-06-24 at 07:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

The voluptuous elf-woman with the tanned skin gives off a quick, "Heh." as she turns to address every one of her comrades in a clear voice. "Whether we realize it or not, we are ALL Trual's celestial warriors. He has chosen us to be so, and we have chosen, of our own free will, to accept his leadership. As we trust our Master, so shall we trust ourselves as He puts his faith...figuratively and not-so-figuratively speaking...in us. We can afford little self-doubt if we are to convince the doubters in Clanth."

Then, turning to address Sophiel specifically, she continues, "What are names but a form of identification? Names can be, at times, both ill-fitting and perfectly-fitting simultaneously. As an indication of the truth, names are often ill-fitting because the individual is more than capable of lying to itself. However, as an expression of what the individual feels *should* be the truth, a name can almost never be ill-fitting. True names...not pseudonyms...tell us much about the bearer of the name. As for me, I'm just a bit more comfortable of exactly what I am right now"

Finally, she turns to the oldest aspect of Trual, the pit-fiend. "Can you tell us anything more about this world? Its customs, cultures, political-social structures, and major religious powers? If we can do some homework before-hand, our task can be completed quicker. I not, we will ready ourselves to depart."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Sophiel felt Zariel's gaze upon her, a feathery wing arched around her side and draped itself over her form. If the angel's golden eyes were any indication, she was not amused.

Her scowl was soon supplanted by a slight recoil as Waetir went invisible. Sophiel turned her head to the side in curiosity, then she gave will to her celestial powers; a sight that penetrated all forms of illusion.

Sophiel had felt relieved that the little beast was in the water elemental's hands, for Waetir seemed to be well-qualified for the task.

With little else to say, the Celestial turned her focus to the pit-fiend, awaiting its response to Celeste's inquiries.
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-06-24 at 10:20 AM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

4. - Top - End - #34

The established pantheon is those that are of the realms of the many. Pelor, Heironeos, Nerull, Vecna all hold sway as do their peers. There are few minor dieties that have yet to reach beyond their own world. If you interact with them have caution, their power is beyond anything Trual can compete with, for now.

The customs are as such as the humasn and other mortal races have everywhere on the prime. The technology has not advanced beyond knights in fanciful plate, trebuchet, and the longbow. Gun powder, steam, and such is barely an experiment with the gnomes and dwarves. The nation that you will be placed in is a weakening monarchy, troubled with in-breeding and outside forces playing the throne for its strategic position. It controls the rivers, the primary roads for the three nations. All trade flows through its ports. It was once powerful, now it is a paper tiger, unbeknownst to the outside nations. This much has been determined by the spiders but not too much more. The area is ripe for change and upheaval.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

5. - Top - End - #35

"Then let us go forth and discern the mortal realm ourselves."Sophiel said as she closed her eyes, focusing her energies on the crystal and offering her spirit to the crystal so that it may have ease in transporting her to the small kingdom.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration: (1d20+14)[32] Just guessing both parties have to willing and nearby so we won't have to poke at Waetir to touch the little guy.

Edit: Wait, There's two crystals.
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-06-24 at 10:38 AM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Zariel smiled softly at the comments of the others, holding up his hand as if in surrender. I apologize... you are correct when you say that corruption is wasteful. I can only say that the habits of the millenia are hard to overcome, even after the Pools... they linger on like old ghosts, I'm afraid. You have my word that I will do no harm unless there is no other option, and I will restrain my impulses towards corruption and the sowing of sin, for that is what our Lord wills.

He sighed a bit, his smile becoming slightly sad There are still many changes I must make to my outlook before I am truly of one mind with our Lord, I am afraid... still, it is a path well worth walking.

He shook his head, as if to clear away the maudlin ruminations. In any case, this nation sounds ripe for conversion... the people there are no doubt starved for something that can revive their flagging power and restore them to their former glory... and Lord Trual can be the force that turns the tide of entropy. If you are ready, I am prepared.

With that he stepped forward, preparing to enter the portal, changing his body to a very similar form, but without the telltale wings.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-06-24 at 10:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Excilath

My presence shall perhaps be the greatest obstacle in our quest, for I am the least likely to be accepted. However, let us deal with that when we enter the world. If at worse I shall go to the more savage frontier while the subtle deeds are done. Excilath rumbled as he stepped forwards toward the portal.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

"Oh, before we go...how would we go about getting back from this Prime? In our current forms I certainly can't hop amongst the planes as of yet. Should we just pray for transport if need be?" Celeste asks the Pit Fiend as she steps forward to the portal.

She giggles a bit at Sophiel's reaction to Zariel and chides gently "Come, Zariel. One shouldn't cause such discomfort to such a pure being like Lady Sophiel. I'm sure there are other places your eyes can wander off to. Speaking of wandering eyes..." Celeste shrugs off her robe and offers it to Sophiel. "You might want this until Zariel learns to not stare at you anymore. And it's big enough to maybe hide your wings if you can't make your wings disappear."

9. - Top - End - #39

The previous words fade and new ones spring up again before him. Death, you will reform here in a few days. We can easily send you back to the crossroads.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Silent, Waetir waits until several of the others have entered the portal before he too enters, carrying the little creature that was their first goal.

11. - Top - End - #41

{If you have more questions for Big Red, OOC them}

As you all begin to step through the portal a very complex feeling of speed and the strange ripple of moving between the planes strikes you. You realize that this world must be far from the domain. Time in transit seems like a mere second stretched over an hour.

You step out into the center of a cross roads. The forest is old, the trees covered in lichen and moss. The air is humid and you can smell the life in the forest, molds, pollen, animal musks, and a profusion of plant life. No wind or breeze passes through the thinkness of the forest. High overhead you can see the lines cut by the road in the sky, it is a blue sky with the sun of this world high in the sky. Deep wide wagon ruts run at almost a 90degree angle to each other. Creating almost a forest tunnel as you can see the roads run off into the distance.

To one direction you can see sunlight, a brightness indicating an opening of the forest or clearing, possible the edge of the wood. To its right you can hear a possible ripple of a creak or slow moving river. The other two directions offer no clues to their destinations.

After a moment of you gaining your bearings you can hear the birds begin to chirp and the normal forest noise returns to fill a silence you had not noticed before.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Stepping through, Waetir, still invisible, immediately ducks and hides beneath the massive frame of Excilath, his eyes tracking everything in the area as he holds the homonculus' body tight against his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Paranoid.

Invisible Hide:(1d20+45)[46] -20 if they can see invis
    Move Silent: (1d20+25)[26]
    Spot: (1d20+1)[3]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[3]

OOC: I really need to invest in Spot and Listen

--Edit
    1,1,2,2? WTF!
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-06-24 at 12:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

"Angels do not require modesty if they keep themselves in the company of those who lack such base lusts." Sophiel said as she waved off Celeste's gift. "If we are to walk amongst lowly mortals, it doesn't matter which one of us walks bare. I shall remedy the situation in short order."

"Until then, unless that one find himself distracted- It matters not where eyes wander." She said of Zariel.

Soon after, the group was teleported to (presumebly) Clanth. Without saying a word, Sophiel's head mechanically tilted up, towards the sky. "I shall see what environs." She said shortly before taking flight, her angelic wings pounding air against the ground as she searched for a gap in the forest to clear its canopy.

Rising thirty feet in the air, Sophiel remained there, beating her wings in place to maintain a steady altitude. The Angel tilted her head all around, searching for anything distinguishing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+16)[32]
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

14. - Top - End - #44

Sophiel rises into the air and the birds in the forest take flight or go silent at her action. At 30 feet all that she can see is tree trunks and branches. Rising another 100 feet into the air clears the tree tops. From this vantage she can see for miles on this clear and sunny day.

The forest is huge. Easily 20 miles across. The crossroads seems to not bee to deep in the forest as you can see pasture land to the west(?). Or at least you assume pasture land with what appear to be large herd animals on the plain. To the east is mountains, where you can see the track rising and dissappearing into the foot hills. To the North is more forest and the south is a large slow moving river. The river is deep and dark blue with runoff from the mountains. To the the north, south, and west you can see smoke on the horizon, probably from settlements of some sort. To the west you can see a village, not more than 8 buildings. To the east there is only the mountains, but the track must go somewhere.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Once the planar travel stops, Celeste takes a good look around while re-robing herself. As the celestial soars upwards, Celeste thinks to Sophiel telepathically without looking up. "You sure you're all right like this? Lack of modesty is one thing, but your skin can only be so tough. Would you accept some magical protection in the form of an invisible armor of force like the one I employ on myself?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Looking around the skies as she heard Celeste’s words, the angel replied, “If it pleases thee, I am not so unwise to spurn aid.”

The celestial returned back down to the ground shortly after, relaying the information she found to her comrades. "If any, the hovels would be a suitable place to begin." she said at the end of her description.

"But it is not my choice, for it would seem that I must remain with our rather bestial ally henceforth," She nodded her head towards Excalith as she continued to speak, her preference for the third-person diminishing now that they were away from Trual’s influence, "At least until one of thee could procure for me a suitable degree of coverings." She added sarcastically, and those who were carefully watching could briefly spot a smirk stretching across her lips.
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-06-24 at 02:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir's voice drifts from near Excalith in a whisper. "I would prefer not to take the homonculus into any mortal area with at least most of our group there. I will not lose our Lord's beginnings on this world!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Why does Waetir with the homonculus make me feel like Wormtail with baby Voldemort?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Excalith

Perhaps we of the infernal origins should scout out the remaining lands through a combination of our teleportation and flight abilities. Meanwhile, one of our shapeshifters could inquire unto the hovel, and Waetir can protect the homunculus. If such is agreed upon, we can spend an hour doing such. I would take the mountains, if only because the chance of sightings is lesser there, and I could probably handle any of the creatures such an action might intrude upon. Excalith rumbled as he waved a hand over his body and a barely perceptible field of gray enmeshed his form.

[spoiler]Mage Armor cast on self[/color]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Zariel just laughed at the discourse between the two females, throwing himself into the magical transport without a moment's hesitation. Upon arriving, he shifted and stretched, breathing deep and taking in his surroundings with a keen eye. He turned his head, giving Celeste and Sophiel patient looks.

Neither of you have any need to worry. I can control my eyes and my emotions both. My only motivation was to irk you, my angelic friend, as your rebuke irked me. A moment of childishness, I suppose, and for that I apologize.

He paused and chuckled softly at her wordsOh, I don't know... I fancy you might attract quite a crowd of admirers. Unfortunately they probably wouldn't focus on our message should it be presented to them thus. Perhaps Celeste and myself can travel to the nearest settlement and procure some clothing for all of us, as well as pick up any local news of note, see if there's a way to get our efforts off the ground, so to speak.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Celeste runs a hand through her long, silky strands of golden hair as she considers her next course of action. "We should start asking around about the local geography. Once we know where things are and what is the center of power in these parts, we can further devise plans." Looking at Sophiel's lovely form, she places her left hand on Sophiel's sternum while chanting some magic words of power. An invisible field of force identical to one surrounding Celeste surrounds Sophiel's form without restricting any movement. Celeste inquires once more, "Are you sure you won't take my robe? I have some innate ability to disuise my appearance, and clothing as part of that disguise is not hard at all."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-06-24 at 03:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Sophiel closed her eyes as she replied to Celeste, "Very well. If thou must insist, though I am hesitant to envisage all the base deeds done in… or on such airy garments." She added with a playfully malicious smirk to the succubus. “Thy sort carries with it somewhat of a reputation, if I recall.”

“My kind are emissaries to all goodly beings, but I cannot duplicate such passing material things.” She admitted as her wings grew faint and faded away. Her luminescent skin turned more natural and the angel more closely resembled a regular human in form. “Regardless, I shall stay with Waetir if the elemental is so fearful of his little one’s safety.” She said, shrugging her shoulders.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"Not fearful, but cautious. It only has the barest link to living energy which is the homunculus. Once it recieves prayers, I assume it will be strengthened. But until it is strong enough to not lose almost accidentally, I will take no chances with it."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Shrugging off her robe for the second time in as many minutes, the nude (except for knee-high boots) demon hands over the robe. "It is true that I was a succubus, but nowadays any such activaties are for pleasure, whereas when I was a succubus is was all work. Much more liberating actually." She gives a playful wink. "Oh, and the only smell you may have to worry about is the smell of Trual on those robes."

Then, closing her eyes for a moment, she visualizes the new look she wants, and in a few seconds she appears to be clothed in a short brown leather skirt, and a mottled green cloth shirt that looks tight enough to not snag on branches and loose enough to not showcase her more than generous curves. With the skirt almost meeting the top of her green heeled boots, she effectively has a camoflage suit. Of course, anyone with True Seeing can see right through the "clothing" as if they weren't there. The look screams "adventurer" and "practical." "So are you still going to wait for proper clothes Sophiel or will you come with us in that robe?"

24. - Top - End - #54

"Ah. It is relieving then, for I had deemed that only the pools of rebirth would be sufficient to remove such an odious feel.” Sophiel replied with a coy smile as she put the silky material over her shoulders and donned the robe.

“If Waetir is content to walk unseen among us amidst mortals, than I shall follow. If not, then I shall watch over the little one with these two.” The angel said as her eyebrows arched and she regarded Excalith and Waetir.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

25. - Top - End - #55

As you all stand there planning the first steps of you conquest, you all begin to hear the jingle and low rumble of an animal drawn cart coming from the path that runs toward the mountains. It is distant but sounds like a large heavy vehicle, being pulled by several animals. What is noticably missing is the sound of hooves.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"I do not mind walking with you, invisibly." At the sound of the approaching whatever, Waetir unfurls watery wings and lifts into the air, landing on a higher treebranch, still invisible and holding the homunculus.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Excalith

Since my presence would be... troublesome, I will then scout out the lay of the land from the mountains. There I should be able to see the majority, and of any major settlements to... Excalith broke off as he heard the sound of the wagon. Letting a low annoyed rumble from his throat, Excalith immediately moved into the forest, flying as he did so so as to not disturb the undergrowth. Excalith moved far enough away from the path that only the marks of his passage would be seen with all else obscured by the many trees, but that he hopefully could still hear what was going on.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

In his human-seeming form, Zariel was not worried about his discovery, so he moved to the side of the road and seated himself on a large rock to await the approach of the cart. Perhaps he would be able to glean some information about the local area from whoever was driving it.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

With her natural form resembling that of an elf (albeit a tall one), Celeste sees no need to hide herself unless the locals have something against elves. Depending on how far off the wagon sounds, Celeste will probably wait until the cart is closer before mumbling a few words of power and gaining the ability to Detect Thoughts. "No hooves...a flying beast of burden pulling a cart? This doesn't add up." she thinks to all of her allies within 100 ft of her. Celeste finds a comfy rock close to Zariel and sits down on it.

Thinking quickly, she also powers a quick cantrip, gaining the ability to Detect the presence of Magic, and concentrates on the direction the cart is coming from. If she discovers some large magical aura, she will try to spellcraft it, and also cast the Shield spell.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-06-25 at 11:19 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Up the road you can hear the whuffle of a large animals breath, the creaking of a cart and the whistle of a humanoid. As the cart hoves into view, the first thing you notice is the fact that the draft animals are huge lizards, looking like horse sized iguana. There are four of them and they look relatively docile.

The cart itself is a wooden box on wheels, build very stoutly. Driving the cart high in the seat is a mail armored dwarf, sitting next to him whistling is a kobold with a crossbow. Alongside the cart walk another 6 or so kobolds they do not seem to see any of you as of yet. The cart is heavy and ponderous. Painted a simple grey you can see an emblem of a silver anvil on a golden coin painted on all sides of the cart.