Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 386
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Zariel

    Zariel smiles, letting the black fire around his hands fade as he stares down the elven leader. Hearing the Kobold's conversation, he glances at their leader, speaking in a low, cool tone.

    We're trying to resolve this without further bloodshed. I strongly suggest that you do not undermine our efforts. I am more patient than my compatriot, but I am not a forgiving man.

    Returning his glance to the elf, he looks hard at him, speaking in a powerful voice. You are really in no position to make demands, friend. We seek to resolve this situation amicably, without further loss of blood or life on either side. Be reasonable, and tell us what your quarrel is with this dwarf, so that we might try to mediate it.



    Spoiler
    Show

    Indimidate Vs. Kobolds (1d20+24)[33]

    Intimidate Vs. Elves (1d20+24)[26]

    Diplomacy Vs. Elves (1d20+26)[32]
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-06-28 at 12:59 PM.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Rrrlaf looks into the eyes of Zariel and then ducks his head in subverience. He barks to the other 'bolds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draconic - Gather our dead, where is that dwarf?
    Some of the other kobolds bark back and begin to drag their few wounded from out of the wrecked cart and then under it. A few of them are dead. One of the kobolds from inside the cart climbs up to the roof where he barks and hisses
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draconic - Greenscale! He's up here. Bleeding out. Can we eat him?


    The elven leader says back to Zariel He has trespassed on our land and killed my rangers, as have you! He owes many lives. Leave him and you may go, you were trapped in the crossfire. And thusly will be forgiven if you walk away.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-06-28 at 01:27 PM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Waetir

    Hearing the command, Waetir changes his course of action, instead calling for a nature spirit to answer. A Unicorn should be viable for healing. Waetir's voice rises loud enough to be heard before he begins quietly chanting the spell. "Summoning for healing purposes only."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round Action, Summon Nature's Ally IV for a Unicorn. It's commands are to heal the dwarf, then anything of the hurt kobolds.

    Also, Hide check because he actually made noise.

    (1d20+45)[59]
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Celeste Guerrier: HP=112. AC/Touch/Flat-footed=39/24/39

    The elf-demon walks forward slowly, arms outstretched to show that she has no weapons. As she walks she uses her innate ability to give others Suggestions. Targeting the elf leader, she suggests in Elven, "You want to explain your grievances in full so we can mediate the dispute. Calming yourself and your people down is a good idea."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Suggestion SLA. No components of course except speaking since it is language dependant. DC 27 Will save negates
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Paragon Badger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Sophiel shrugged her large weapon upon her shoulder, taking a few steps towards the wounded. Raising her hand, a faint magical energy flowing from those who could see it, she moved to lay it upon the dwarf, ignoring the kobolds along the way.

    But once the celestial had seen the unicorn trotting along, her open palm collapsed into a weak fist, and she let her arm fall to her side.

    "Crude little beasts."
    Sophiel remarked in draconic after they suggested eating their employer.

    Turning to the elf, she telepathically said to him with a glare, "You are truly bold to offer forgiveness to those who could end your life in but a breath. I did not detect the taint of evil upon your quarry, aside from his underlings... You w-"

    Interrupted by Celeste's words, Sophiel closed her eyes and ended her train of thought, allowing the succubus to do her work. There were many roads to victory, afterall.
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-06-28 at 10:03 PM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    {We're not in combat rounds now, I'm going to boil down some conversation here.}

    The unicorn appears in a splash of light. Immediately it begins walking around touching three of the kobolds and then the dwarf. All of them have their wounds close. It awaits instructions after that.

    Celeste's words nearly stun the elf, he begins blubbering on and on about how the consortium, this dwarf most often, has wronged his band of men time and again by passing through their land with out paying the toll. During the last few times the dwarf has used the 'bold mercenaries and at least 8 of his men have dies now the warband wants revenge.
    As all that is going on Maarak the dwarf is healed and stumps his thick legs up to Celeste and begins to poke holes in the elf's story. First of all they don't own the forest or the roads and are collecting taxes illegally, the brigands. Next of all the first arrow was fired by them, now a good trader lost his leg and I have to hire the 'bolds. What a waste of money all around, only if they weren't trying ta skim off of honest folk!

    Back at the cart the kobolds are stunned by the power of Celeste, and Zariel and especially Sophiel. When she speaks in draconic to them their eyes get huge and they all huddle around the leader, Rrrlaf. They begin to speak very quickly and all over one another, too confusing to a non-kobold to quite follow. After a moment they all go quiet and Rrrlaf steps out speaking in draconic to Sophiel, falling to his knee as he does so Why you [beings of power] here? We serve dwarf paper, then we take you to see [winged elder]! The other 'bolds take a knee behind him before scattering back to their spota around, in, and under the cart.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-06-28 at 11:46 PM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Incendius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Excalith

    The situation seems to be boiling down, and I don't want to risk my presence impacting negotiations. I believe I'll continue to observe from afar though, high enough up I will only look like another bird. Then so as to avoid further chances of detection Excalith again gathered his infernal energies, and teleported. However this time was too a much higher height, so as to appear more as a bird then a gigantic floating beast.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Zariel

    Zariel looks back and forth between the two parties for a moment, at last speaking up in a calm, thoughtful voice. He notes the reactions of the kobolds, but for now leaves it for Sophiel to handleGood sir elf.. what claim do you and your men have to this land? and moreover, what claim to do you have to owning the road itself, and having a right to collect a toll on it?
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    The elves begin to climb down from their trees, and gather their dead and wounded. The leader steps forward indignant This is our land! We claimed it more than thirty years ago! The dwarf shoots back This land belongs to the human king in Pular to the west. You thieves just up and decided that this stretch of forest was yours one day.We claimed it and no one has challenged that claim!Like thieves saying 'no one has caught me so I'm not stealing'The elf and dwarf are standing chest to chest screaming at one another now. Our land you pay the toll!oh, bugger off! This isn't yer land!
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Paragon Badger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Sophiel narrowed her eyes at the diminuitive being, tilting her head in curiosity.

    "Wigned Elder?" She asked the kobolds, "You serve a greater being than thyself? And this paper- is it a contract?"

    Furrowing her brow in annoyance at the little creatures, Sophiel simplified her words, "You serve someone stronger? -But you have to keep a promise with the dwarf first? Yes?"
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Yes, [winged elder] is our leader. Yes, paper is binding, we work, he pays us. Rrrlaf says to Sophiel. How he says winged elder is mildly different, maybe its a name or title as well as a monicker. You come to see [winged elder] speak to him about why you here. Rrrlaf seems confident that you will do as he says, as if there is no other possibility that the other races activities even matter.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Waetir

    Once the healing is complete, Waetir dismisses the unicorn. He then glides in to hear the conversation, although staying more than sixty feet away from the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+45)[64]
    MS: (1d20+25)[26]
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Zariel

    Stepping between them, Zariel meaningfully put his hand on the shoulder of each being and pushed them firmly apart, the look in his eyes brooking no resistance. Once again, he looked at the elf and the dwarf, his jaw set firmly

    Calm yourselves. Screaming like spoiled children does no one any good. Both of you are angry, and both of you feel you are justified. Let us try to work this out in a reasonable manner. My good friend elf - if what my dwarven friend says here is true, you're technically trespassing on the crown's land, and charging an illegal toll based on that trespass. However, you obviously believe that the land is yours by right of possession. Is there anything else that might justify this claim? Have you done anything to improve the land or the road itself that might justify charging a toll for others using it?
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Celeste Guerrier

    Celeste concentrates on the pair arguing. She reads the thoughts of the dwarf (who has already failed the save) and will try to read the thoughts of the elf leader as well. "While being lawful isn't the end all be all, there is what is reasonable and what isn't. By what authority do you lay claim to these lands? Just by settling here? That's just squatting. Still, I can understand your feelings."

    She considered Suggesting magically a solution to the two parties, but tries regular diplomacy first. "I have a proposal. If you indeed have been maintaining these lands and making traveling, and by extension, trade, easier within these routes, why not formalize a relationship the the human king? Perhaps, in return for you maintaining these lands and keeping it free of bandit activity, the king will grant you control of these lands even allow you to charge a modest toll, provided you pay taxes of course. You're doing it already anyways, so why not do a bit of negotiating and get some official recognition? And this way, nobody has to die from here on out, and merchants can save gold by not having to hire so many guards. Does that sound fair to the two of you?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy roll: (1d20+32)[33]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    EDit: Ninja'd- will update for Celeste in next post

    The dwarf and elf are pealed apart only with application of some strength. The dwarf stands there sputtering about ...oos gonna pay for the Ranha and the cart now? I bet some of the wares are ruined too...

    The elf responds to Zariel, I hold this land by right! My ancestors held this forest for thousands of year before the humans came along! Now it is ours again. And this malignant little axe chewer drives his armored cart through here once a month with out permission or paying for the rights to use our roads! Your roads...Pshaw! The dwarf spits at the elf hitting him square in the face...the elf's anger breaks again he leaps at the dwarf drawing steel in one fluid motion fists flying. Zariel easily catches him before actual contact.

    The other elves are tending to their wounded and cries of anguish can be heard from the sides of the road as they come upon their dead.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-06-29 at 01:23 PM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Celeste's words intterupt the attack momentarily, her presense setting the mortal minds off kilter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Celeste Guerrier

    Celeste concentrates on the pair arguing. She reads the thoughts of the dwarf (who has already failed the save) and will try to read the thoughts of the elf leader as well. "While being lawful isn't the end all be all, there is what is reasonable and what isn't. By what authority do you lay claim to these lands? Just by settling here? That's just squatting. Still, I can understand your feelings."

    She considered Suggesting magically a solution to the two parties, but tries regular diplomacy first. "I have a proposal. If you indeed have been maintaining these lands and making traveling, and by extension, trade, easier within these routes, why not formalize a relationship the the human king? Perhaps, in return for you maintaining these lands and keeping it free of bandit activity, the king will grant you control of these lands even allow you to charge a modest toll, provided you pay taxes of course. You're doing it already anyways, so why not do a bit of negotiating and get some official recognition? And this way, nobody has to die from here on out, and merchants can save gold by not having to hire so many guards. Does that sound fair to the two of you?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy roll: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Read thoughts- Elf- I'm going to kill that dwarf and his interlopers! We were once a great mercenary band, now reduced to lowly bandits!

    Read Thougts- Dwarf - That blasted elf, trying to ruin my profits! I'm going to come back through here and roust out every one of these point eared tree huggers, even if I have to out of pocket to get the Consortium to sponsor it!



    The dwarf laughs at the idea of the 'human king', while the elf stammers back The humans can barely keep their kingdom together! Let alone worry about this forest. They have too many larger issues at hand. That why he is making such hefty profits! The elf stands pointing at the dwarf. Who only smiles the sly smile of a rich merchant.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Paragon Badger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    The angel turns towards her comrades, telepathically saying, 'It seems the little ones serve an entity of some power... They speak of it with the honorific of a wigned elder, and appear to be quite intent on having us meet with it. Settle things with the squabbling mortals, for they are of little influence.'

    Turning back to the kobolds, Sophiel asked, "Where?"
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    {In Draconic} In the mountains, is his cave. We must serve the bearded smelly one's paper first. Rrrlaf will present you to [winged elder], it is Rrrlaf's duty. Rrrlaf beams with pride at the thought of presenting beings of great power to his elder.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon Badger View Post
    The angel turns towards her comrades, telepathically saying, 'It seems the little ones serve an entity of some power... They speak of it with the honorific of a wigned elder, and appear to be quite intent on having us meet with it. Settle things with the squabbling mortals, for they are of little influence.'

    Turning back to the kobolds, Sophiel asked, "Where?"
    Celeste Guerrier: HP=112. AC/Touch/Flat-footed=39/24/39


    After receiving Sophiel's mental communication, she responds mentally to all allies, "These squabbling mortals are of the utmost important, for not only are their kind directly part of our mission objective, mortals make up the vast majority of a deity's worshippers. We care, if for nothing else, then for the fact that Trual needs as many mortals worhsipping him as possible. Now, I understand that influencing a being of power is also very important. I agree with you there, but we can't just callously discount the needs of mere mortals. When we can satisfy their needs, Trual gains worshippers."

    Brushing back her hair, the busty elf continues, "So, what are everyone's suggestions? It seems both parties are rather-bullheaded. Although the dward doesn't appear malicious for its own sake, he is purely concerned about profit, and I know he is willing to come back and kill all the elves here to keep this trade route open. The elves are very much concerned about status and honor it seems. Their ancestors were once a great emrcenary band that claimed these parts. Now mere brigands, they seek to reclaim their former glory by trying to claim these lands once again, and they see the actions of traders as a direct challenge to their authority. Damned egos."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Waetir

    Waetir thinks for a bit, before slowly, oh so slowly, flies out of tree he is in. This is one of those times he wishes for his previous telepathy. Possibly he'd look into getting it from Lord Trual once more, but at the moment, he needed to speak to one of the others.

    "Short of killing them all, we cannot solve this problem without staying with one of the groups. Our question becomes, do we push past the elves and continue on, seeking the kobold's greater power, or do we stay with the elves and help them to re-establish themselves? One way, we find a probable immortal to convert to Trual. In the other, we may gain worshippers." he whispers to one of the others, attempting to not be heard by either side.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    The kobolds seeing that there is no action to be done and that the leves are no longer hostile at the moment take stock of the situation and begin to separate the dead Ranha from the traces. The other Ranha seem unreactive to all of the combat around them. As the kobolds begin to cut the dead one away though you can all smell the Ranha blood. The other Ranha begin to get ancy pulling at the traces and generally acting restless. Rrrlaf sees this and barks something tooo them and tosses a ceramic jar to his second. THe second takes the jar and carefully wipes some of the goo from inside it on the nose of the other three Ranha.

    All the while the elves begin to gather along the sides of the road. They lay their burnt and frozen dead, four in total in the road way. They stand in silence waiting for further instruction.

    Marak (the elf), and Sollm (the elf) are still going at it screaming and yelling about racial rights and profits.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Paragon Badger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    "These mortals' goals are not aligned with our own." Sophiel said to her comrades, "The large one is singular, favoring little beasts to his own kind. The other mortals are few in number, less than a score. They serve no one but themselves and their nature is that of isolation."

    Shrugging, Sophiel went over to Maral, hoisting the glaive onto her shoulder as she grabbed the dwarf with the other.

    "How much do you pay the little ones to protect your wares?" She asked matter-of-factly. "Give these people the same amount and be done with it. You would find safe-passage profitable enough."

    Turning her eyes to the lead elf, she telepathecally said with her own voice, "Beings greater than you and I have an interest in this region; and you will find it favorable to keep the soil bloodless. Your deaceased comrades would agree, or shall I summon their spirits and ask them myself? Accept this one's price, and greater boons shall follow."
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-07-01 at 01:10 AM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Marak stops and thinks for a moments with Sophiel's directions. Turning toward the elf he says Mercenaries, Eh?

    The elf blanches at the thoughts going into his skull. Going silent for the first time in a while he looks around at his men and then at Marak. I've got twenty odd men left now. Two gold a day plus expenses. We will need a day to prepare the rites for our fallen.

    The dwarf looks outraged Two gold a day! I pay five silver per kobold per day, and half of that is in trade! They also provide the Ranha's! One gold per day! The two step to the side and begin to bargain back and forth fiercely.

    Rrrlaf walks over to Sophiel [Tasty One]He seems to be refering to you, Sophiel they speak too quickly for me. What is going on now?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Zariel

    In the telepathic conversation, Zariel spoke up My best guess as to this "winged elder" would be a dragon... the lead kobold looks a bit different than his fellows, and the signs might be those of a bit of draconic blood in him. Green if the coloration is any indication, thought if he's in the mountains it would be an unusual lair for such a creature. It could also be a half-breed of some sort. Difficult to tell at the moment, but that's my best guess. The

    He watched as Sophiel interceded between the two, concealing a small smile at her less-than-subtle tact. Still, he had to concede it wasn't a bad plan. Speaking telepathically once more, he said Of course, the direct approach does have its charms.

    He stood between the merchant and the mercanary, his face impassive, but ready to step between them again should violence threaten. After a moment, he spoke up. The merchant is not responsibly for the death of your comrades. I caused their deaths, though in fairness to me it was self defense. I cannot pay you a blood-price at the moment, but when I am able you have my word that I will pay renumeration for the loss of your elves and for the war machine. With this in mind, perhaps you could see the way clear to cutting a deal with the good merchant?

    With a flourish, he conjured a long, ebon stylus out of the air, along with a curled scroll of parchment, writing an IOU with quick, practiced strokes in the Elven language. He paused with the tip resting at the bottom, his name yet unsigned, one eyebrow arched inquisitively as he stared at the elven leader.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Celeste Guerrier

    Celeste smiles and places a hand on Sophiel's shoulder. "You and I think alike, my friend. We're very similar in more ways than one." Turning back to Marak and giving him a warm smile, she says, "Think about this. Not only are you getting rid of bandit activities along these roads, you'll also have their protection instead. You're getting two for the price of one, so why not meet them halfway? 1 and a half gold per day. The consortium will be glad that their goods are in less danger, and your missus, should you have one, can sleep easier at night as well. Besides, these elves may know the forest better than you do, and can even decrease your travel time by guiding caravans through shortcuts. Surely that is worth something?"

    Agreeing with Zariel's assessment, Celeste thinks to her allies, "Dragons are not known for their neutrality for the most part. They might be more difficult to turn to our cause...but then, the sheep that are the most lost need the most guidance, right?"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    The two bargainers look horrified at the interloper even speaking to them while in the heat of greed. Both of them step away from Zariel only to redouble their bargaining.

    Rrrlaf steps up to Celeste [Spicy one] what is happening? they speak too fast. And can my cousins begin to feast upon the dead Ranha?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Before Celeste can respond...she reflects upon Trual's teachings. Would Trual frown upon the Bolds' eating habits? In the meantime, Celeste smiles and kneels on one knee to make herself seem less threatening and more friendly to Rrrlaf, and concentrates on Rrrlaf, trying to detect his surface thoughts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    taking 10 in a non-threatening situation. Total of 18 for Knowledge Religion. DC still 26, as before, to negate.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-07-01 at 02:30 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trual says "Eat what thou will when thou will. As long as it is not alive and sentient, and unwilling. In other words if you bite someone, don't chew and swallow, unless they are your enemy or a willing victim."

    rrrlaf's brain says - The boys are getting hungry.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Celeste Guerrier

    The female elf-demon attempts to get some of the mannerisms of the bolds down, "There is no reason to delay. My...elder, if you will, Trual, says that you eat what you want to eat, if it is dead or willing. Go, feast, and let me try one bite later? As for other two, they talk about papers. Maybe elves will work for smelly dwarf's paper as well so they don't try to kill you and Ranhas anymore."

    Celeste takes an opportunity to refresh her Disguise of mottled green tunic and brown leather skirt (her thigh-high boots are real, but the coloring green is a disguise).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise Self SLA only lasts 90 minutes at this level, so she refreshes the effect now and then.
    Upon renewing the effect, she checks her disguise by quietly asking Rrrlaf, "You don't see anything wrong or strange with my outfit yes?"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

    Waetir

    Waetir quietly moves around, checking on the other elves, seeing who still lives. When he finds one, he summons from a distance another unicorn with commands to heal and then depart. He stays invisible, and preferably upwind of the kobolds and lizards. No need for them to catch his scent if at all possible.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •