New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

"I do not believe that... thing is something we can take lightly." Sophiel remarked as she went over to one of the bedrooms.

"I shall speak with our master of this being's nature." She said, "Have you any questions for the master?"
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"But if it can be converted..." Waetir trails off, thinking. "Ask Lord Trual what would be required for us to release the Elder if he converts to Lord Trual's following. I do not know if you also heard the other voices, but it might be advisable to listen to them. Unbinding the creature, upon it's sworn oath to our Lord, would be a good thing. Remember our second command for this plane."
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Celeste looks at Sophiel's worried face. She thinks to her allies, "Let me guess...that thing registered as foul and evil to its very core correct? You'e right. We can't take it lightly, and this is a great opportunity for us. After all, who better to preach to than those who need salvation the most? The choir is already converted. We're heading into the rough neighborhoods to get the rowdy sheep. Now...if I remember correctly, we are to destroy other agents who try to get in our way, but if they are content to let us do our work then we leave them alone even if they don't convert?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

The water elemental shakes his head. "The immortals that do not convert are to be removed from the world. The mortals were to be left alone if they did not convert, but the immortals were not to be."
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

5. - Top - End - #185

@Excalith
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having been inadvertantly left outside the guest chambers you can see that there is a great commotion going on outside in the bowl of the kobold home. They are erecting a great fire pit and spit for the meat and smoking racks also. The skins of the great cat, and the two Ranhas have been stretched between saplings and are being studoiusly cared for by tanners. One of the smaller kobolds comes to you and says in broken commom Great Master...you want....ummm...fuuud...trink....sleepy??
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Waetir

The water elemental shakes his head. "The immortals that do not convert are to be removed from the world. The mortals were to be left alone if they did not convert, but the immortals were not to be."
    Celeste Guerrier

"Are we sure that Winged Elder is an immortal? Are we specifically referring to beings that don't die of old age?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"He might qualify either way. One voice stated he had been bound for millennia, at the behest of the gods. Conversion to Lord Trual would provide a powerful help, especially if Lord Trual broke his bonds for him. Remember, one of Lord Trual's commandant's is to throw down the chains that bind you. So if this Winged Elder did not choose his binding, should we not work towards his freedom, should he choose to join Lord Trual?"

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Zariel nodded in agreement with Waetir Indeed. In this we can both follow our Lord's dictates and advance his cause - if, indeed, the creature is not merely playing us, and, of course, if we can find the means to both persuade it and free it.

9. - Top - End - #189

"Our Master may know of the beast's true nature." Sophiel said as she walked into her chambers.

The angel sat down cross-legged on the floor and closed her eyes. From then on, she was silent and unmoving, and for ten full minutes she remained- until she could feel the pressence of her lord.

"Master." She began, "This one bears word of our progress, and questions."

"This one and her companions have come upon a tribe of reptilian beasts and human brigands. The humans number only a score, yet they seem palletable. The little ones are already devout in some god, yet they brought us to their master."

"They serve a powerful being; an immobile draconic lich, one whose body is hewn into the walls of a cavern. It is called the Winged Elder by its diminuitive followers, and it says it has been imprisoned here by the Gods. This one senses immense magic and immense evil, and the creature seems to be of at least three minds."

"Pray tell, Master... What dost thou know of this being we have across?" She finally asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Commune, of course.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

10. - Top - End - #190

@Sophiel
    Spoiler
    Show

The answer comes to you Ancient, older than Trual. (OOC- 8 more questions)

11. - Top - End - #191

"Master." She continued, "This one does not believe she and her companions alone could convince such a powerful being to serve you, nor could we release it from its prison in hopes of aiding conversion. Pray tell, dost thou have the knowledge as to how one may undo the being's curse?"

"Of course, we have yet to determine the being's nature; If it cannot be converted, its threat to thy will shall be dealt with. Your commandments are ever in our minds. That is all this one requires, Master."

Spoiler
    Show
    That was helpful. Trual is a relatively new god, afterall, though.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

12. - Top - End - #192

@Sophiel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Curse of Nature, not Gods.

13. - Top - End - #193

The celestial gave her master a final bow as Trual's presence left her mind. Returning to the other outsiders, she shrugged.

"This being is beyond our master's knowledge, yet our master did tell me that it was not bound here by any gods- rather it's plight is a thing of nature." She related to them, "Still. It is powerful... And I am not fond of it. We cannot predict the being's actions, for it is of a fractured mind. I would destroy it and its servants, if I had faith in our ability to preform such a task. It may be immobile, but I sense great magic within."
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Celeste looks back at the direction where the Winged Elder lays trapped. "Are any of us experts with the ways of nature? If not, I wonder how we can begin to research this. Perhaps enlisting the help of a druid of some sort?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless other noted by myself, I am always to be considered have a tight grip on the homunculus. Greyen, please specifically note if this changes.

"I wonder if it is possible to either heal it's fractured mind, or remove the other minds? If we could gain the worship of one of those mind pieces and have it gain true dominance in the mind, we would have it converted. Possibly, the one that thinks it has been shackled by the gods, since Lord Trual said it was a natural process, and not the gods."

Waetir shrugs. "By the way, does anyone have a spell to detect one from listening in remotely, or stop it completely?"

Don't be stupid.

16. - Top - End - #196

@lochar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noted on the Homonunculous.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

She thinks to her allies, "We can communicate mentally instead of telepathically. That'll prevent people from listening in. Otherwise...there's a spell called Zone of Silence, but those are the specialties of bards or beguilers."

18. - Top - End - #198

"I do not care for this being." Sophiel admitted as she crossed her arms over her chest, "I do not believe we can do much to or for it in our current state. Even if the little ones uncover all the stone and earth that entombs it, it may yet be restricted to this cavern."

"I sense that these little beasts are of strong faith, and our time would be better spent among the brigands' kind, in the nearby town." She said, "Let us stay a little while longer, at least. The being expressed that it wished to speak with us tommorow, and we would be wise to exhibit our politeness to this tribe; we may come upon them again."
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-07-30 at 10:20 PM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

19. - Top - End - #199

A small pale colored kobold walks ingto the main hallway area and calls out Great Masters, the feast will be ready in another hour. Do you require anything?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Celeste walks up to the pale kobold and looks down, giving a warm smile.

"Yes, do you have any cloth or clothing for our size? My uhh clothes are rather dirty after the scuffle on the road, and I would not like to dishonor you by being un-clean at the feast. If you only have cloth, then I will also require a pair of scissors and perhaps some needles and thread to do my own cutting and sewing."

Thinking to Zariel, Sophiel, and Waetir, she goes, "We also need to think: Is freeing this beast a good idea? If it goes loose and starts terrorizing the surroundings, some of our future followers may die."

21. - Top - End - #201

The kobold bobs her head I will see what we have in the store rooms. She turns and retreats from the area.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Celeste sighs, wishing she had the power to just fabricate materials out of thin air. "So, shall we stay the night or are we excusing ourselves after the feast?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Zariel quietly considered their options. at last, he joined in on the telepathic conference. I say we stay the night... perhaps we can find an opportunity to examine more of the beast's nature or do a little searching to find some answers. And if not, we can always seek elsewhere. However, we do not necessarily need to free the beast. After all, it did say it had no objections to our attempts to convert its populace.

24. - Top - End - #204

After short while the pale kobold returns leading a quad of 'bolds carrying a large chest over flowing with clothing. She says Great Masters, this was all taken from human lords that have tried to roust our tribe from our home. Feel free take what you need, it is our pleasure to garb ones such as yourselves. The four kobolds carrying the chest look at you all with fear and set the box down before scurrying out of the chamber. The pale one looks at them go and says Is there anything else you require?

A moment after she has finished her question another set of small feet come running down the tunnel. A kobold pokes his head in and says Great Masters, the large one of your number has left. It spoke of seeking others, 'more his size in the mountains'.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

She nods her head in thanks as the pale kobold returns with with the chest full of clothing. "Your assistance is very much appreciated. There are a few more things you can do. If you can find a backpack for each of us, it'd be much appreciated. I'd like to be able to carry around a few sets of clothing hands-free. Secondly, if you've got time, I'd love to ehar more about your history, your heros, and of course, whom you worship. We're very interested in the local culture, and I found your art in the caverns to be fascinating."

26. - Top - End - #206

The pale Kobold says Krttat is my name. I will help you Great Masters as I can. but now I must go assist with the final parts for the feast tonight. Ther you will hear some stories and songs about the greatest Kobolds. Perhaps tomorrow you can seek me out and we can speak more. But if you reallyw ant to know about the greatest of all kobolds you must speak to the Followers of Kurtulmak.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

Excalith

Spoiler
    Show
    This is assuming that Excalith was left out because he could not fit inside the guest quarters, or the hallways to such.

At the Kobolds stuttering words Excalith allows a smile to alight onto his face; a dreadful one that makes him seem all the more ferocious and devilish, but a smile all the same. Crouching down Excalith replies in a whisper (for him at least) No thank you, scurry away little one. As he finishes his words Excalith reaches out with one of his fingers, in of itself nearly as large as the Kobold, and gently prods the fearful creature away.

Truth to be told, Excalith found the little Kobolds amusing, and wouldn't have minded a good repast, of which was rare in his experience, but he had other things to think of. Excalith, while a spellcaster of sorts, usually looked to more worldy concerns, being as he was first and foremost a soldier. A thought soon occured to him along these lines, and he wished he had not sent his little kobold away, though he might not have been of much help with his speech problems.

Getting up from his crouch, Excalith walked closer to the gathering of Kobolds, not close but not too far away. In his best attempt at a somewhat normal voice, which still reverberated louadly throughout the cavern and into the side tunnels as well, Excalith asked If any of you can understand me, would it be possible for me to look at any maps you have of the world?
    Guild of Psions: Psion (telepath)

28. - Top - End - #208

Sophiel slipped out of Celeste's airy robes, as suddenly as she had first arrived. Pinching the cloth in two fingers, she held them up to the other outsider. "I suppose you'll be wanting this back, now."

The celestial looked away for a moment, almost as if she was hesitant to speak, "They...do not look as appealing when I am wearing them."

"But...thank you?" Sophiel tried to say, yet the celestial uncomfortably shrugged away at the very thought of devils and demons expressing kindness.

Straightening her brow, the angel went over to the chest and picked the first few sets of clothing out of the top of the pile, not caring much for anything except an appropriate size. With a inelegance that seemed just wrong for such a divine being, she methodically dressed herself again. Sophiel began analytically tugging at the plain tunic over her torso, looking somewhat discontent, but she let it pass and arched an eyebrow as she said, "Shall we be off to indulge the little ones in joining their feast?"
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

29. - Top - End - #209

OOC Retcon-
    A moment after she has finished her question another set of small feet come running down the tunnel. A kobold pokes his head in and says Great Masters, the large one of your number has left. It spoke of seeking others, 'more his size in the mountains'.
    Did not happen.
    --------------

Inside the cave - Krttat waits patiently. When the feast is mentioned she says When you are ready I will lead you all to the feasting.

Outside- The group of kobolds that are preparing the skins look up at Excalith and all tremble in fear, the apparent leader of the group, an elderly kobolds says in heavily accented common Great One, the maps are all in the hands of the Followers and Rrrlaf. Maybe you should speak to them after the feasting. It turns its graying head and sniffs the air Which should be ready about now anyway. If you would follow me. He gives a bark in draconic and another kobold goes scurrying down to the guest chambers.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Celeste spends a bit of time looking through the chest, and picks up something elegant but not very impractical: A small tunic and a short skirt on the inside and a longer, silky dress on the outside. Taking the bits of cloth back from Sophiel, she replies, "I am happy to be of assistance, although I believe Zariel found your appearance plenty charming when you wore them. Let us feast with them."