New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Evangelism, Outsiders take over the world.

Excalith

(This is all assuming that the hole they drilled is somewhere in the cavern)

At the Kobold's words of fear about the present condition of the mine Excalith grunted. Turning away he moves into the cavern, squeezing himself through the places that he could. Reaching through the cavern, he locates the largest stalagmite/stalactite he can. Bringing up his massive fists Excalith first pounds with a tremendous force at the very base of the protruding rock, and then he proceeds to wrenches it with all of his considerable force as he calls out to the Kobolds. Show me the way to this hole in the cavern. Now.

Spoiler
    Show

Excalith's intent with his attack is to weaken the base of the Stalactite/Stalagmite so that it is easier to wrench free, hopefully by producing cracks around the base. Then he attempts to push/wrench it so that the majority of it comes along with him.

Power Attacking Sunder/Attack against the Stalactite/Stalagmite base
    (1d20+19)[38]

Damage (4d6+37)[50] (I forgot previously that having one natural weapon gives it a +1 and 1/2 strength to damage, is why its a bit more then last time)

Strength Check (1d20+19)[37]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

[OOC - Describing the room again incase I wasn't clear]

It is a roughly circular area about 50- 70 feet across with a 20-25 foot ceiling. In the center of the room, slowly filling in a small depression is a 13-15ft wide hole in the floor. The aboleth was coming up out of this hole as did the skum minions. The water coming out of the hole is slowly filling the room and looks like it will slowly begin to flood the mines if left unchecked.

Sophiel is unhurt, but there are 6 dead kobolds and 3 more who are ok physically. One of the three is still having confusion problems. Taktak is not included with these.

Excalith - are you making yourself a stone club? Or some other tool? You are easily successful in collecting a large stalactite.

Taktak looks to you all The [Demon Fish] live in the Undersea. I can lead you to the tunnel that leads to the [Undersea] but I will go no further. His eyes speak of true fear of the [Demon Fish]. He turns and begins to lead the way down one of the tunnels that comes off this main room.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Zariel nodded in agreement with Celeste, thinking that this would make an excellent goodwill gesture, and further prove the superiority of Trual. Indeed... lead onwards, and we will do what we can to aid you and your fellows against the foul invaders that dare to usurp your tunnels. We shall further demonstrate the might of Lord Trual, as exemplified through us.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-08-08 at 02:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Excalith

(Not Exactly, I'm simply plugging the hole. And if this Stalactite wasn't enough, well there's plenty in the room to help fill it.)

I shall come with you in a few moments. While I don't mind dealing death, drowning seems such a horrible waste. Even a pointless battle serves to strengthen the survivors. Excalith growls as he squeezes over to the hole in the floor and places the stalactite next to the whole. Then he goes and repeats this process of gathering stalactites and stalagmites as much as he deems necessary before attempting to use his tremendous strength to plug the hole with them. If he succeeds, Excalith will also pile several further stalactites/stalagmites on top of the plugged hole so that the plug will not come off as easily.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greyen View Post
    [OOC - Describing the room again incase I wasn't clear]

It is a roughly circular area about 50- 70 feet across with a 20-25 foot ceiling. In the center of the room, slowly filling in a small depression is a 13-15ft wide hole in the floor. The aboleth was coming up out of this hole as did the skum minions. The water coming out of the hole is slowly filling the room and looks like it will slowly begin to flood the mines if left unchecked.

Sophiel is unhurt, but there are 6 dead kobolds and 3 more who are ok physically. One of the three is still having confusion problems. Taktak is not included with these.

Excalith - are you making yourself a stone club? Or some other tool? You are easily successful in collecting a large stalactite.

Taktak looks to you all The [Demon Fish] live in the Undersea. I can lead you to the tunnel that leads to the [Undersea] but I will go no further. His eyes speak of true fear of the [Demon Fish]. He turns and begins to lead the way down one of the tunnels that comes off this main room.
    Celeste Guerrier

Following Taktak, she asks, "So we must go into the water to fight this Demon Fish thing? This shall be interesting."

To all of her allies, she asks again mentally, "Anyone know anything about the things we'll be fighting? Since I don't know anything, I was just going to shock them all to death in the water."

6. - Top - End - #246

Ecalith's efforts greatly slow the inrushing water but cannot seal the hole completely.

Taktak leads you to another tunnel which is downright wet. There is lcien and molds growing here. The smell of fungus is strong. Very faintly you can heal the lapping of waves. Taktak stops at the edge of a puddle in the tunnel and then points down the tunnel, he is literally shaking with fear, unable to speak.

7. - Top - End - #247

Sophiel turns to Taktak, contemptously furrowing her brow at the assumedly evil creature's cowardice. "Have no fear, little one." She said, "For you shall bear witness to the supreme divinity of our master. It is within us that his power is expressed."

Summoning her glaive and hoisting the heavy thing onto her shoulder, she walked forward into the tunnel, keeping a vigilant eye out for the kobolds' enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Detect Magic, True Seeing, Detect Evil and all that jazz, plus looking around.
    Listen: (1d20+16)[23]
    Spot: (1d20+16)[21]
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

"Tak Tak, the BIG demon fish is down that way? If so, we will go there and destroy it."

9. - Top - End - #249

Yes, yes they live in the [undersea] The little kobold nods vogorously. He looks a little pale but seems to have better control over the fear with your confidences.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Excalith

Might be a bit annoying getting to them if they go into the pools, I can do many things but breathing under water isn't one of them. Still, perhaps my teleportation abilities will help in that respect. Excalith growls as he catches up with the group, and as once again a tinge of reddish glow surrounds his body.

Shrugging his shoulders Excalith says I may as well go first then. as he walks into the cavern, nonchalent to any threats that may be within.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Heroics: Improved Trip

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Zariel noddes with a wicked smile. Indeed... we shall descend into the depths and destroy your foes, Tak Tak, that you might be free of the fish-demons ever afterward...

That said, he drifted after Excalith, his feet hovering a few inches off of the floor.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir smiles at the water. "Not an obstacle to myself, although I'm not sure about the homunculus." Waetir raises the arm holding the creature. "Do you think it breathes?"
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

The busty elf demon steels herself and flies forward while casting a protective spell. An invisible plane of force now protects her as she also becomes invisible to the naked eye by sheer force of will...not that her companions will have trouble seeing her. "Let's do this..." she thinks to everyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    She casts Shield on self, and then uses Greater Invisibibility SLA

14. - Top - End - #254

As you all walk down the wet cave into the darkenss beyond you can see water lapping at a shoreline. The vauled ceiling goes up and away, you are more than a mile underground at this point. The walls fall away at the shoreline, there are no lights to be seen anywhere in the enormous cave.

Only the limits of your darkvision reveal that the beach area is more than a few hundred feet long. There are many entrances along the wall you have just exited from. Taktak creeps along and sits still at the edge of the opening and whispers The [Under Sea]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir grins at the water, before walking closer. "Let's see what's really out there, shall we?" Putting the homonculus under his arm, Waetir begins chanting and summoning.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full round actions, summoning each round.

Round 1: (1d4+1)[4] Small Earth elementals, with orders to guard the shores at a 20' mark from the water.

Round 2: Juvenile Tojanida, swim speed 90'. Sending it out with orders to investigate. It is not to attack anything unless it is attacked. Return on Round 8 to report before it vanishes. Int 10, so it should be able to communicate, I would think.

Round 3: Juvenile Tojanida, swim speed 90'. Stay 30' out from the shore.

Round 4: Huge Shark, swim speed 60'. Stay at 60' out.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste makes sure she flies high...at least 60 feet above the water line. "No tentacles will reach this high..." she says as she looks around, making sure there are no other threats.

17. - Top - End - #257

[sorry about the break guys-was playing across Europe]

Waetir's summons all go as planned. The guards and watchers going to their appointed places. The scout Tojanida returns at the allotted time reporting Water stinks of Aboleth. Shoreline goes out about [50feet], then drops off, very deep. A few twinkles at the deepest, too far to swim.

Celeste's darkvision allows her to see the surface of the water but no more. She sees no apparent threats.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

<ooc> should the rest of us make spot checks as well?
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-08-16 at 11:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Excalith

Excalith shuffles his feet impatiently, and merely stays silent waiting and watching for something to happen, or for the other's efforts to produce results.

20. - Top - End - #260

A few minutes pass in silent and still watching of the great sea. As Waetir's summons begin to return to their home planes the last one lets out a warning cry as the water begins to froth. A great number of Skum, minions of the Aboleth, come boiling from tunnels hidden in the water.

Celeste is the first to see the mass of bubbles rising to the surface. Quickly followed by the huge head of an Aboleth. A moment later four smaller Aboleth break the surface of the water around it patrolling in circles. The oily mucus of their skin surrounding them in a darkened cloud.

Why have you come to this place outsiders? This is the [Under Sea], you are not welcome here. Comes to you all from the central, larger Aboleth.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Zariel

Unconcerned by the strange, even hideous appearance of the creatures, Zariel floated slowly forward, speaking in a calm, courteous voice. Pardon our intrusion... but we have come to seek a resolution to your conflict with the Kobolds above.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Diplomacy" - (1d20+24)[44]
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-08-17 at 10:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste Guerrier

Keeping a good 40 ft in the air still, Celeste takes a care look at each of the creatures, trying to see if she can spot anything unusual or see any useful information. "We understand you've been attacking the kobolds who mine here. Is there a purpose to the attacks? We'd like for the violence to stop."

diplomacy - (1d20+32)[41]
    spot - was rolled in ooc thread

23. - Top - End - #263

They are our food, and sometimes our slaves. Why are beings like yourselves siding with these less than immortal things? Comes the reply of the central Aboleth.

The Skum form a loose line across the waterline. Two of the smaller (read-normal sized) Aboleth dive beneath the mucus clouded water, dissappearing from view.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Excilath

Excilath merely waits as his companions engage in talks with the Aboleths. He waits ready for action... but he also manages to take a rein on his bloodlust, for even he could realize that it might be better if they could manage to somehow induct such powerful creatures into their cause, or even just to help.

Spoiler
    Show

Excilath readies an action to charge the center Aboleth if hostilities break out.
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-08-18 at 09:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir steps back further from the shore, keeping the homunculus held safe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should actually still be invis, but also readied action to sculpt a nice little stinking cloud on each aboleth left.

Don't be stupid.

26. - Top - End - #266

You all suddenly feel waves of pressure slam into you minds. The grip of control grips you. [Every one please make 3 will saves]

***Begin combat rounds***

The skum begin to rush forward.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Including myself, who is invisible?

Don't be stupid.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Excilath

I can feel that little fish, and I don't like it. It makes me... HUNGRY! Excilath howls with truly fiendish delight as the attempts to root around in his mind brush up against his wellspring of rage, which overpowers them.

Moving forward with a horrid speed, Excilath seems to soar through the air, even as a fountain of blood tinged light envelops his hands even as he roars with laughter and pleasure as he barrels down upon the center aboleth.

He is not certain that this is the best move, it is perhaps even a stupid one given that he does not know much about his opponent, but from what has been shown before, these creatures are manipulators, and not fighters such as he.

Spoiler
    Show

Inherent Mind Blank, though if this overides it I'll edit up.

He makes a charge against the center Aboleth using his flight, and if this provokes an AOO from the Skum, he'll take it.

Swift Action: Psionic Lion's Charge (Psi-Like Ability)

Charge Power Attack for 9 on the center Aboleth

Attack (1d20+21)[32]
    Damage (4d6+52)[68]
    Stun DC 34 (1d4)[1]

Spot check to see if he spots the other two Aboleths in the water, or anything else on the way to the main aboleth.

(1d20+21)[27]

Now... if Trip even works in water (I haven't done much water comba...) and there is another aboleth/skum in range... (but if not he pushes him closer to the edge of the water)

Push (1d20+35)[40]
    Main Aboleth Trip (1d20+31)[33]
    Aboleth (Or nearby Skum) Trip (1d20+31)[50]

Main Aboleth
    Attack (1d20+21)[40]
    Damage (4d6+52)[66]
    Stun DC 34 (1d4)[2]

Side Aboleth (or Nearby Skum if no Aboleth)
    Attack (1d20+21)[41]
    Damage (4d6+52)[63]
    Stun DC 34 (1d4)[1]

Current AC at 31
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-08-20 at 06:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Critical hit... if it even works on the side Aboleth (or skum if no Aboleth are there)

Attack (1d20+21)[32]
    Damage (4d6+52)[65]

30. - Top - End - #270

@Lochar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot about that, You make only 1 will save. The other 2 cannot see you.