New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in Eberron: Beyond the Sea

Irmaet's orb flies for the machine, but misses the machine, concealed as it is behind the brambles. Electricity burns and blackens the brambles, but discharge harmlessly. Mister Bones, however, has more luck, using his halberd like a martial can opener to peel away at the beast's armored plate.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Vaasth's Turn
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

If Vaasth's boney carapace could grin right now, it probably would. He lets out another alien noise as his tentacles all whip and batter Mr. Bubbles. "K'lebannu Quuzet!" His tentacle-whip continues to screech.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking with all tentacles.
    Tentacle Whip: (1d20+19)[26]
    Tentacle 1: (1d20+16)[19]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+16)[27]
    Tentacle 3: (1d20+16)[27]
    Tentacle 4: (1d20+16)[28]
    Tentacle 5: (1d20+16)[23]
    Tentacle 6: (1d20+16)[20]
    Tentacle 7: (1d20+16)[36]

Tentacle Whip: (1d4+5)[9]
    Tentacle 1: (1d4+2)[6]
    Tentacle 2: (1d4+2)[5]
    Tentacle 3: (1d4+2)[6]
    Tentacle 4: (1d4+2)[4]
    Tentacle 5: (1d4+2)[4]
    Tentacle 6: (1d4+2)[6]
    Tentacle 7: (1d4+2)[6]
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-11 at 02:11 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crit Confirm for tentacle 7: (1d20+17)[36]

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Under the onslaught of blade and tentacles, the automaton falls to the ground, its metallic carapace shattering to reveal innards of clockwork gears, interlaced with throbbing veins and inhuman organs. A mixture of oil and blood leaks out onto the ground, sizzling and corroding the metal beneath it.

The little girl, her leg trapped beneath the fallen beast, begins to wail. "You...you killed Mister Bubbles! No! No, he can't die!" She slips out of the thorns, the scratches they leave on her healing as soon as they are made. She continues sobbing, her voice sounding even more harsh, almost inhuman, as she runs for the door. She scampers past all of you, too fast for any of you to react to. But before she reaches the door, she stops, and turns to face you.

"Mister Bubbles is an angel now. And that means I get to play with you now..." Her body begins to twist and distort, growing in size. "I can see the angels..." she whispers, blissfully, as her human form changes into a protoplasmic mass. What was once a seemingly normal little girl is now a massive, formless ooze, staring hungrily at you with minute eyes that coalesce and dissipate all over her body, seemingly at random. With a screech, her protoplasmic form is rent in half, and razor-sharp teeth fill the gap, forming a protplasmic maw. "I'LL UNZIP YOU!" it shouts in a horrifically inhuman voice.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

And you thought you had it easy...

Quentin's Turn
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hector

If it were possible to read Hector's expression behind the spiked reptilian maw, it would probably be something like, 'What. The. Hell.' He continues his strafing tactics; flying overhead and hopefully out of reach of the protoplasmic ooze, clearing the doorway into the room with Dorothy and Kyrek, and getting just close enough to the ooze-thing that had been a little girl to strike with his barbed tail before breaking to his right and putting a little distance between them.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+10)[10](20)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[1](5)
    DC 17 fort save on the poison, again. 2d6 con damage if oozes can be poisoned.

Spoiler
    Show

60ft move with a flyby attack, puts me to the northwest of blob-girl.

That'll teach me to sound confident, all right.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet's eyes widen, and his hands fall to his sides as the little girl turns into some sort of cosmic aberration.

"Ahm... Ah... Sorry?"

Irmaet slowly backs away.

"Well, hope you chaps won't mind me doing this... but-"

By then, of course, QB, Kyrek and Hector had already gone about their business, as he conjures up another dire magic. His robes began to flap in nonexistent wind, and shimmering light coalesced into what observers generally called a formless monstrosity.

"It's time to face your fears, little girl!" he bellows, as formless monstrosity leapt into formless monstrosity.

While the show happened, the necromancer took the opportunity to quickly duck around the corner, Mr Bones running up to take up his former position and defend its master.

Spoiler
    Show
    On his initiative, Irmaet casts Phantasmal Killer at the Little Sister.

DC 22 Will to disbelieve, then DC 22 Fortitude or die.

At least, the ooze seems to have a mind, so maybe it isn't immune to mind-affecting?
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-11 at 11:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

QB

"Oh, for the love of-" QB blurts out as the "little girl's" transformation unfolds. Under his breath, he adds,"Place just keeps piling on the weird, don't it?" He dashes back out of the doorway and across the main room, vaulting the bar before he turns to speed an arrow in the monster's direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dodge vs the little-girl-thing. QB will fetch up just S of our favorite statue, but his path takes him within 5' of the creature; his AC is 32 vs the AoO.
    Attack: (1d20+16)[22]
    Threat: (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9], plus Skirmish: (3d6)[11] assuming that precision-based damage applies.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

As Quentin falls back to get a clear shot at the protoplasmic mass, its jaws stretch out, closing down on his flesh despite his acrobatics. While he manages to pull away, the gnashing fangs still rip and tear at his flesh. (19 damage)

Still bleeding, Quentin nonetheless manages to make a clear hit on the beast with his bow, the arrow burrowing itself in the shambling thing's innards. However, as it does, the thing's skin shifts its form, extruding knobs that harden, creating a bone-like exterior that will not so easily admit any more arrows.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrek's Turn

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kyrek

Kyrek has George close to melee with the Little Sister.
    [SPOILER]
    (1d20+9)[11]
    (3d8+11)[16]
    [/roll]

Kyrek then uses a double move to get away from the blob.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

George's hammer impacts resoundingly on the shapeshifting ooze, causing its amorphous mass to blow back like a wave of water. As it re-forms, however, the bony knobs coating its body shifting, flattening into a thick, rubbery hide. While Kyrek attempts to move away from it, however, he catches the formless things attention, and it rears on him with its gnashing jaws. They draw a spurt of blood from the druid, the spilt blood being absorbed into the ooze, tinging it red (19 damage)).

Hector swoops by the ooze, but his stinger seems unable to do any harm to it. It is rebuffed by the thing's protoplasmic hide, not even drawing the shifting mass's attention. Irmaet's spell likewise fails, the phantasmal spectre that he weaves does not seem to have any effect on the blob.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

[img]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7856/maphu4.jpg
    [/img]

Vaasth's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-13 at 07:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth runs around his companions with his tentacles lashing outward and his sword held tightly. He sees it and speaks from within his closed bone-helm. "Ubb-Godinn... Xellaa Vok... It's an Ubb-Godinn! Hit it with anything and it will become resistant for a number of minutes! Diversify your attacks! Hit it with as much power as you can! Karzu Vachaa!"
    He finishes running toward it and wraps his own arm with his tentacle as he holds his longsword in both hands and slashes at the creature's body as hard as he possibly can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going for all I can, full power attack after a move action with my longsword in both hands.
    Edit: Also using a maneuver I didn't think about before. Using Rabid Bear Strike, so +4 to the attack and a -4 to AC and 10d6 more damage, which will be included in another post.

Attack: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+32)[40]+(1d6)[5] Acid.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-13 at 08:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rabid Bear Strike: (10d6)[47]

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth's blow is wild but devastating, ripping a massive gash in the protoplasmic beast and spewing chunks of wriggling, gelationous flesh everywhere. However, the adamantine of his sword seems to leech into the ooze, as the blue-black hue of adamant spreads throughout the ooze.

It gibbers in rage, an unearthly sound like the slapping of a dead whale on the ground from a great height. Its maw reaches out to Vaast, clamping down on him and breaking through his aberrant armor, leaving blood and ichor to well through the breaches in the armor. It then extends a pseudopod, battering Vaasth upside the head with it and wrapping it around him, locking him in a fierce hold and squeezing him like a ripe tomato (51 damage, Vaasth is grappled).

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Quentin's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-13 at 08:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

He screeches like some unholy man-thing when he's crushed by the psudopod of the monster. As he's lifted from the ground and his blood dribbles out of his armor, the mouth of his helm opens with a sickening crack and his normal voice rings out of it, "Kyrek! Use-AUGHH!!-Use your magic fang magic.. on me!"
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-13 at 08:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

QB

Heeding Vaasth's instruction to hit the creature with something different, QB returns his bow to its carrying case and draws out a quarterstaff instead. He vaults over the bar again and races toward the "back" of the creature, coming in behind a high thrust. He brings the opposite end of his staff around in a whistling arc as his momentum carries him several steps farther along.

Spoiler
    Show
    Movement: 10' W, 5' SW, 10 W'; attack (using George as a flanking buddy); 15' W.
    MH Attack: (1d20+12)[16]
    Threat: (1d20+12)[30]
    Damage:* (1d6+3)[4] plus Skirmish: (3d6)[16]

OH Attack: (1d20+12)[32]
    Threat: (1d20+12)[31]
    Damage:* (1d6+2)[4] plus Skirmish: (3d6)[10]

And now I dearly hope we can kill her now. Because if she hits me as hard as she just hit Vaasth, I'm toast.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I've found an error on my character sheet - it doesn't look like I ever added the extra point of damage for the enhancement. Not that it's likely to matter a lot.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Quentin's clever tactics work, as his quarterstaff seems able to harm the beast despite its newly-adapted hide. However, the wounds he leaves our minimal, as the beast has no one weak point for him to target with his attacks. Almost as soon as his attack is completed though, the beast's hide ripples again, regaining the blubbery texture it took in response to George's hammer while retaining the adamantine hue from Vaasth's sword.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrek's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-13 at 10:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    QB should have ended up 15' farther W, on the opposite side of the blob from Vaasth.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, fixing that.

19. - Top - End - #289

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I within 10' of the blob? I.e: Can I full attack?

Flying just adds a new dimension of confusion to maps.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, you can.

21. - Top - End - #291

Hector

Seeing that his previous level of effort was ineffectual, Hector-Wyvern descends on the Little Sister, bristling with sharp pointies.

Spoiler
    Show

Sting: (1d20+10)[6](16)
    (1d6+4)[6](10) + Poison
    Bite: (1d20+8)[13](21)
    (2d8+4)[4][8](16)
    Wing1: (1d20+8)[19](27)
    (1d8+2)[4](6)
    Wing2: (1d20+8)[6](14)
    (1d8+2)[3](5)
    Talon1: (1d20+8)[6](14)
    (2d6+4)[1][3](8)
    Talon2: (1d20+8)[6](14)
    (2d6+4)[6][4](14)

If one of the talon strikes hits, he'll try for a grapple (Improved Grab): (1d20+15)[13](28), which will include a free Sting attack: [/rollv]1d6+4[/rollv]

Demented, could you look up the Wyvern entry on the SRD and explain it to me? Talons (x2) are listed as part of the full attack, but then it says under 'Combat' that it can only use its talons as part of a flyby attack. Verdict?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet shrugs.

"It was worth a try."

Given the polymorphic nature of the Multi-Eyed Blooglezipper, Irmaet decides not to cast straight away, since changes in circumstances were more than likely.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

OOC for Hector
    Spoiler
    Show

Reading the entry, I'm going to say that text trumps table by default, so you can't use talons in a full attack.

24. - Top - End - #294

Kyrek

Spoiler
    Show

Does this fight take place within an hour after the last one? I had temp hp from Vampiric Touch--19 temp hp. So this either does 19 damage because they are gone, or it deals damage equal to them and nothing more. I've already removed the temp hp because it's gone either way.

Kyrek, from his somewhat safer position, attempts to use Ray of Enfeeblement.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+9)[28]
    (1d6+5)[8]

George, hit it with your hammer, and do it BETTER this time!!

Spoiler
    Show

Hammer:(1d20+8)[26]
    Damage: (3d8+11)[32]

Bite: (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[15]

[roll]1d20+
    Currently playing as:

25. - Top - End - #295

Spoiler
    Show

Hot damn! Crit confirm!
    (1d20+4)[11]
    (2d6)[8]
    Currently playing as:

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Kyrek's necromantic ray easily hits the beast, though it only nearly misses the grappled Vaasth. Where it strikes, the protoplasmic ooze shrivels, withering and drying out. George is also able to connect with his blows, though neither his hammer nor his fangs prove terribly effective.

Hector, however, has far less luck. None of his attacks seem to do any harm to the Ubb-Godinn, though all of them connect. While he futilely assaults it, Irmaet watches, delaying his action until he has a better grasp of the situation.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Vaasth's Turn

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth lets out a sound that is similar to a combination of a bestial roar and what it must sound like is an octopus chuckles, freeing most of the length of his tentacle whip, he arcs it in a way similar to that of a scorpions tail and rams the pointed tip into the body of the beast as deep and painfully as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Elder Mountain Hammer with a full power attack, and shock trooper to take from AC instead of attack.

Attack: (1d20+15)[22]
    Damage: (1d4+20)[23]
    Elder Mountain Hammer: (6d6)[20]

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth's tentacle strikes like a flail, spraying protoplasm everywhere. The Ubb-Godinn recoils in pain, whirring and babbling in pain and wrath. Two pseudopods of protoplasm flow out of it and take on the shape of long, scything claws. As the beast crushes Vaasth within it's oozey grip, it tears into him with its newly-formed claws and its bite, raking bloody lines over Vaasth's body. One of its claws fails to pierce Vaasth's exoskeleton, but the other rips through, shredding skin and muscle (35 damage).

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Irmaet's Turn

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth roars in pain, as his back arches backwards and his strange blood continuing to fall out of him. He bends forward, almost like he's unconscious for a moment but straitens his spine again and pants. "I think...*pant* I need *pant* help."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

Hector

Hector recognizes a losing battle when he sees one.

The reptilian beast flies backwards until he was no longer in immediate danger from the creature, and drops to the ground. With a shudder and a cry of release, the wyvern returns to his original, human form.

Spoiler
    Show