New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in Eberron: Beyond the Sea

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet says nothing, as he mutters the incantation of a dire transmutation.

Ashes to ashes... Dust to dust...

A thin green beam radiates out in a line, the dire magics rending the air as it homed in on its target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+5)[9] (note that it does not suffer from firing into melee penalty)

Damage: (24d6)[98]

EDIT: Die roller hates me so much. That's the third sub-5 roll in a row, across various threads. Still, barring large deflection bonuses, it should make it thanks to size modifiers and loss of dexterity bonus from grapple.

Here's hoping there isn't some firing-into-grapple rule I missed and not accidentally disintegrating Vaasth.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-16 at 02:36 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Irmaet's lance of green light comes dangerously close to striking Vaasth, just barely managing to avoid disintegrating him. Instead, however, it hits the Ubb-Godinn. The protoplasmic green flashes a sickly, electric green for a single instant, and then the ooze begins to disintegrate, turning to ash and falling away. However, only the outermost layer of the ooze sloughs away; all in all, the Ubb-Godinn seems more-or-less unharmed.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Quentin's Turn

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Anyone firing into a grapple has a 50/50 chance of hitting either combatant, guys. Vaasth was very lucky in avoiding disintegration here.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

QB

QB gapes as he watches the creature apparently shrug off the damage the group has inflicted. Gritting his teeth, he returns the quarterstaff to its carrying container and then cross-draws his axes to hack away at the thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack, byeshk axe in MH and adamantine in OH.
    MH Attack #1: (1d20+16)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

OH Attack #1: (1d20+16)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]

MH Attack #2: (1d20+11)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]

OH Attack #2: (1d20+11)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quentin's first axe strikes true, gouging a line in the beast's hide. However, the Ubb-Godinn's hide adapts, extruding a tough, scaly exterior that his subsequent axe blows fail to overcome.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrek's Turn
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kyrek

Kyrek casts Greater Magic Fang on all of Vaasth's natural weapons.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d8+10)[36]

George, hit it AGAIN! And don't do such a pansy job of it this time!

Spoiler
    Show

Hammer attack roll: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage roll: (3d8+11)[26]

Claw 1 attack roll: (1d20+9)[26]
    Claw 1 Damage roll: (1d8+7)[10]
    Claw 1 Acid damage roll: (1d6)[6]

Claw 2 attack roll: (1d20+9)[29]
    Claw 2 Damage roll: (1d8+7)[12]
    Claw 2 Acid damage roll: (1d6)[1]

Rend damage: (2d8+9)[19]
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

6. - Top - End - #306

Spoiler
    Show

Hot dam! Crit confirm again!
    (1d20+9)[10]
    (1d8+7)[14]
    Currently playing as:

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

George does a formidable job of attacking the Ubb-Godinn, pounding it with his hammer and then ripping into it tooth and nail. However, as his attacks go on, they seem to do less and less damage, as the ooze adapts to George's weapons.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Hector's Turn

8. - Top - End - #308

Spoiler
    Show
    I posted way early in the turn rotation.
    Hector backs off 10ft and ends the polymorph, which apparently takes a standard action.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Hector flies away, but draws the ooze's attention before he can successfully make it away. The ooze's gaping maw cannot stop Hector's flight, but it does manage to rip a gaping hole in his scaled hide (19 damage). Once he reaches safety, the mage resumes his human form.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Irmaet's Turn

10. - Top - End - #310

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet reaches out and grabs Mr Bones' arm, while his other arm grabs hold of Hector, though he doesn't try and press it if Hector tries to evade his grasp - there wasn't enough time to be fooling about.

"Mr Bones! Grab hold of Vaasth! We're getting out of here!"

The skeleton lets the poleaxe fall loose in its hand, and reaches out with the other to latch onto the crushed Half-Daelkyr.

"We're ready to go when you are!" he calls, waiting for Vaasth's signal before beaming him out of the danger zone, and near Kyrek.

Spoiler
    Show
    Irmaet and Mr Bones link up with Vaasth and Hector to prepare for teleportation.

Readied Action to cast Dimension Door to behind counter with Kyrek when Vaasth or Hector gives the signal.

Also, deleting off redundant OOC messages to avoid unnecessary clutter.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-17 at 08:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

For curiosity's sake, what exactly are you casting?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Just edit your post to say you delay and then do that, and I'll just delete the last post.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

He pants for a moment and then clutches his fists and does his best to free most of his remaining tentacles from the pseudopod. He begins battering the beast with everything in his natural arsenal, focusing all of his power into ripping and tearing it apart. He continues to roar in an unnatural tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack with all natural weapons available to me, full power attack and shock-trooper-ing it.

Tentacle Whip: (1d20+19)[25]
    Claw: (1d20+16)[27]
    Tentacle 1: (1d20+16)[18]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+16)[24]
    Tentacle 3: (1d20+16)[25]
    Tentacle 4: (1d20+16)[34]
    Tentacle 5: (1d20+16)[25]
    Tentacle 6: (1d20+16)[33]
    Tentacle 7: (1d20+16)[18]

Tentacle Whip: (1d4+17)[19]
    Claw: (1d4+17)[19]
    Tentacle 1: (1d4+14)[17]
    Tentacle 2: (1d4+14)[17]
    Tentacle 3: (1d4+14)[18]
    Tentacle 4: (1d4+14)[16]
    Tentacle 5: (1d4+14)[16]
    Tentacle 6: (1d4+14)[15]
    Tentacle 7: (1d4+14)[15]
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth's tentacles, empowered by Kyrek's spell, prove capable of tearing the Ubb-Godinn, ripping off chunks of protoplasm and slinging them everywhere, leaving the ooze looking pathetic, maimed and disfigured - as much as an ooze has a figure to maim and disfigure. As Vaasth laughs in triumph, Mister Bones grabs his hand, channeling Irmaet's teleportation spell and pulling Vaasth - along with Irmaet, his skeleton, and Hector - to saftey.

Dorothy finally manages to throw off the petrification, the stone crumbling to dust around her as she resumes her natural form. With a look of panic, her eyes flash a brilliant silver, and she disappears, vanishing from the inn.

The Ubb-Godinn rears up and slams into Quentin, mauling him with all the living weapons it has at its disposal. Its protoplasmic claws rake him, drawing deep furrows of blood, and its maw then closes down on his shoulder, with a crushing pain. A massive pseudopod wraps around Quentin's chest, wrapping tightly around him and bending his ribs to the point of breaking (45 damage, Quentin is now grappled).

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Quentin's Turn

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

QB

The pain as the creature's several attacks rip into QB is the worst he's ever experienced, and he screams in agony on his way to destruction. Realizing that he has no chance to survive, he attempts to make his time by hacking at the pseudopod wrapped around his chest with his last reserves of strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+14)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Quentin's hatchet hacks off a goodly chunk of protoplasm, but not enough to free him from the ooze's clutches. However, by this point, it is pitted and scarred, with enough of its protoplasmic mass scattered and destroyed to make it clear that the Ubb-Godinn is in a tenuous state.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrek's Turn

17. - Top - End - #317

Kyrek

HOLD ON QUENTIN!

Kyrek begins his incantations, and a subtle green light envelops George's enormous fists.

Let's see if this helps.

Spoiler
    Show

Cure Critical Wounds
    (4d8+11)[26]

And, if possible, George will also attempt to take QB out of the Grapple:
    (1d20+12)[18]

[/SPOILER]
    Currently playing as:

18. - Top - End - #318

Hector

Hector begins muttering rapidly under his breath, sketching out angles and distances for his next spell. "Kyrek, could you get George to move, say, ten feet closer to Quentin? This next spell is pretty finicky."
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319

Assuming Kyrek's okay on that score:

Hector

Hector nods. "That'll do, Ape. That'll do." He drew strength from the fraction of power of one of the beings that used him: Ghatanathoa the Usurper, the Slaying Gaze, using it's terrible might to empower a teleportation spell.

When they were gone, Hector cast a second spell, attempting to keep the creature from following them. A forest of black tentacles erupted from bare ground and lash out at the Ubb-Grodinn.

Spoiler
    Show

Using one of my 3/day uses of Vestige Metamagic to Quicken my Dimensional Step spell. Quentin and George can teleport up to their normal movement wherever they like. I can no longer use my petrifying gaze or Fast Healing for 5 turns.

Also casting an Evard's Black Tentacles (20' radius centered on the Ubb-Grodinn) trying to grapple our squishy friend: (1d20+19)[29]

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320

George

I may look like a big dumb ape, but I can speak Common just fine. I'll get out of the way!

Spoiler
    Show

If he can pull QB out, and move he does so.
    If he can't do both, he just moves out of the way (NE=self-interested, sorry)
    Currently playing as:

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

QB

The rush of restorative energy causes QB's frame to jerk spasmodically, and he nearly drops his weapons. But he lifts his chin from his collarbone again, snarling as he spits a mouthful of blood at the creature. "Not... yet."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

While Kyrek is able to heal Quentin's wounds, George finds himself unable to wrest the scout from the Ubb-Godinn's grasp. Giving up, the ape moves aside, complying with Hector's request. As he does, there is the quick "flmph" of a teleportation spell, as George and Quentin both shine with a silvery aura.

Then, a field of black tentacles springs up at Hector's beckoning. They tentacles attempt to ensnare the Ubb-Godinn, but it is strong enough to resist their probing, penetrating efforts. However, the flailing tentacles, slick with unearthly slime, trap the ooze, making it all but impossible for it to move.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Irmaet's Turn

23. - Top - End - #323

Irmaet the Black
    The normally collected necromancer was now beginning to sweat.

His preparations had been for day to day use, and he was beginning to run out of useful magic.

Deciding on burning yet another of his more powerful magics, Irmaet produces a small clear gem from his pouch, and throws it into the Blooglezipper, where it hovers for a second over it before exploding into a slightly less disturbing swirling green mass, which tore into the blob's form, traumatising its skin where it touched.

It wasn't pretty, but it was probably the best that could be done, given the circumstances.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if this works, but... it doesn't have a stipulation against conjuring it intersecting creatures or objects...

Spiritwall with 5' radius centred on the Little Sister, with fear effect focussed inwards - basically redundant, though, thanks to immunity to mind-affecting. It just keeps the fear bit from hitting the party.

However, the spell does do 1d10 damage/turn from contact, and if intersecting it counts as passing through, Fortitude DC 25 or take a negative level.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-20 at 06:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Irmaet's magic calls up a wall of ectoplasm that hedges in the Ubb-Godinn. Its protoplasmic flesh seems to writhe and wither as it passes through the ectoplasmic curtain, necrotic energy tainting and weakening it. The ooze takes on a grey pallor, and looks thoroughly drained of its energy.

Initiative
    1. Little Sister
    2. Quentin
    3. Kyrek
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Vaasth's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-21 at 08:18 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

The aberrant daelkyrspawn runs a bit and leaps up onto the bar in one quick motion. He opens the jaw of his armor and lets out an alien bellow, all of his tentacles flailing chaotically. They then all begin to bash at the monster with full force. If his eyes were visible, you'd see menace and bloodlust in them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full power attack, not using shock trooper this time. Only using tentacles since they're what can reach from here.

Tentacle Whip: (1d20+8)[11]
    Tentacle 1: (1d20+5)[18]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+5)[13]
    Tentacle 3: (1d20+5)[25]
    Tentacle 4: (1d20+5)[6]
    Tentacle 5: (1d20+5)[21]
    Tentacle 6: (1d20+5)[16]
    Tentacle 7: (1d20+5)[7]

Tentacle Whip: (1d4+18)[20]
    Tentacle 1: (1d4+15)[16]
    Tentacle 2: (1d4+15)[17]
    Tentacle 3: (1d4+15)[16]
    Tentacle 4: (1d4+15)[16]
    Tentacle 5: (1d4+15)[17]
    Tentacle 6: (1d4+15)[18]
    Tentacle 7: (1d4+15)[18]
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

26. - Top - End - #326

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet looks out past the fourth wall, and notices the little 'now fighting' roller has stuck.

"Mr. Bones? Could you get that sign fixed?"

Click Click.

With a couple of whacks from the poleaxe, the turn counter starts up again and rolls around to the Little Sister's turn.

"Whoops."

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

QB

The argent glow surrounding QB shimmers like a heat haze, blurring and distorting his outline, and he seems almost to dissolve into the air. Fifty feet away, a similar shimmer of refracted light forms above the far end of the long bar; suddenly QB rematerializes in that spot in a flash of silver light.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops. I somehow skimmed past the whole "Quentin and George can teleport up to their normal movement wherever they like" part of Hector's action. Reading is fundamental, they say...

Anyway, a 50' hop ESE should put me standing on top of the bar, in the 3rd square from the S end. Hopefully out of range of the mad tentacle action.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth lashes out with his tentacles, ripping and tearing the protoplasmic beast to shreds. Were it anything of nature's design, its huge guts would splatter the floor, but all it has to bleed is ooze and ichor. By the time Vaasth is finished, there is not a fragment of slime large enough to survive on its own.

They begin to shudder, and then to change. Each hunk of ooze transforms, taking on a twisted mockery of the little girl's shape they once wore. Each of the twisted little sisters is no more than a foot high, and they are freakishly deformed. Some are covered in eyes, others wriggle with tentacles, still more have faces - Vaasth's face, Quentin's, even the draconic snout of Hector's wyvern form. There is a flash of silver, and the little sisterlings have teleported away...onto you. Each one, save for George and Mister Bones, is covered in wriggling, demented little sisters. Before you can act, they dissolve into protoplasm, and seep through your pores, entering your flesh.

The sensation is sickeningly disturbing, but not painful. In fact, you now feel refreshed and relaxed, every muscle calmed, every pain dulled. Even withered old Irmaet feels like a young man, his sore joints free of the faintest trace of arthritis.

Battle over. Everyone gains 2150 XP from the battle, plus an additional 1000 roleplaying XP, for a total of +3150 XP. In addition, you've all gained 150 ADAM from your little protoplasmic infusion.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-21 at 05:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329

Hector

Hector shudders a bit as the little ectoplasmic creatures ooze their way inside him. "Ew. This entire fight was gross, beginning to end." Hector waves his arms around, testing to see if there were any problems.

Reassured that everything moved as he wanted it to, he looked over at where there should have been a girl-shaped statue, only to be greeted with empty space.

"Um."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330

Irmaet the Black
    "Ngk... Urk... That felt... good, actually."

Irmaet rubbed his arm experimentally, the by now familiar ache of age having vanished suddenly.

"In fact, I feel great! I feel better than I've ever felt before!"