New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in Eberron: Beyond the Sea

Kyrek

Oh god, I'm gonna barf. Oooh, I can taste it, and it's all watery..

Kyrek moves out of the way, seemingly to barf. Nothing happens.

George

That is some gross crap right there, and that's coming from a guy whose parents threw poo at him when he didn't behave.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

"Oooh-hooo. That was... wow." Vaasth stood there as his tentacles still moved slightly with ichor on their tips. His armor and tentacles slid back into his body, revealing all the vicious wounds he received during the battle. He sheathes his sword and looks down at himself.

"..."

He falls forward off the bar and onto his face, his blood pooling below him. "I... need healing."
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Irmaet the Black
    "Fant- Ah."

Irmaet snaps out of his ADAM-induced euphoria, and looks over the bar at the bleeding Vaasth.

"Sorry, Vaasth, I'm afraid I'm all out of healing for today. So, we're going to have to resort to more... desperate measures. Mr Bones, please take Vaasth's arms."

Irmaet goes over to the half-daelkyr's legs and picks him up, letting Mr Bones do most of the work.

"Alright, now let's head back down thataway. And... now."

With almost comical effort, Irmaet and Mr Bones lug Vaasth back to the room with the vending machines, and hoist him in.

"Sorry to tell you, by the way, that your girlfriend skipped on us during the fight." remarks Irmaet, as he peers at the vending machine to find out how much it's going to cost him.

4. - Top - End - #334

Hector

Hector, tagging along behind the strange procession, adds helpfully, "Unfortunately, we're still not entirely sure if that's because she was leading us into a trap, or because I turned her to stone. I could see how she might be upset about that."
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-22 at 09:50 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335

Irmaet the Black
    "Funny, that. You used a flesh-stone transmutation, did you not? I'm sure that was supposed to be permanent until reversed."

6. - Top - End - #336

Hector

"Well, yes, a normal flesh-to-stone transmutation would have that effect, but my particular version of it only needed for her to muster her will sufficiently to break the spell. I didn't actually want to petrify her permanently, you understand. I was hoping it would last long enough for us to deal with that.. girl-ooze creature, but it appears her willpower is considerable." Hector looks somewhat chagrinned. "A mistake on my part."

Spoiler
    Show
    It was a vestige ability that mimicked the flesh-to-stone spell - only lasts for 5 rounds on the outside, and she broke it in 3.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-23 at 06:01 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth doesn't really fight it as he's dragged like a rag-doll across the floor, any of his wounds being dragged across the ground don't hurt as much as when they were inflicted. "Well... I can deal without healing for now. If we sleep though don't mind it if you here gentle sobbing."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

QB

QB's eyes snap back into focus, and he hurries over to retrieve his discarded ram and quickly look over the remains of "Mister Bubbles" to see if there's anything there he can scavenge. "Yrrngck!" he mutters to himself as he picks through the mess. "This place is weird, with a capital 'What The Hell?'"

Finishing up, he gathers anything he found and hustles back out to rejoin the rest of the group on the way back to the Vita-Chamber. As he catches up, he calls out, "Hey, guys? Have we seen or heard anything to point us toward a way to hopefully get out of this place?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+18)[38]

Also, a question. Did "In fact, you now feel refreshed and relaxed, every muscle calmed, every pain dulled." mean that we're healed up, or just anaesthetized?

OOC EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And I sure do hope there was something there to find - it'd be a pity to waste that roll.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2008-08-23 at 08:58 PM.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

The corpses of the ooze and the metal man are devoid of anything useful, but Quentin manages to find a few things that seem useful in the shelves of the back room. There is what looks to be a blanket or a cape folded away and placed on a shelf, the red and gold of its fabric brighter by far than anything else in the store-room, and with a stream of runic symbols stitched around its hem. On the other side, there is what looks to be a small cabinet of many tiny drawers, all of them alike. Though most of them hold fragmented crystals and spools of rusted wire, one holds a golden ring, set with a gleaming topaz.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

10. - Top - End - #340

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet looks at Vaasth, nodding.

"Well, if you wish to get some rest, I believe I can conjure us up some shelter, although I must say that if you plan on being this badly mangled every time we get into a scuffle I shall likely need to keep my healing magicks in reserve for when that happens."

Irmaet looks back at the Vita Chamber screen, and taps the expected part of the vending machine to try and get it to figure out how much it was going to charge for Vaasth.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Following Irmaet's lead, the party heads back to the Vita-Chamber. As Irmaet touches it, a floating image of a menu of prices, partially transparent, appears in the air.

{table=head]Product|Price
    Healing (Moderate)|10 gp
    Healing (Greater)|50 gp
    Healing (Premium)|250 gp
    Poison Treatment|250 gp
    Disease Treatment|150 gp
    Therapeutic Treatment|50 gp
    [/table]

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, technically the vending machines aren't quite in reach, but this should suit everyone. I'm assuming Quentin held on to the treasure he found. Keep in mind what's written in the table is what the products are being advertised as, Healing (Moderate) isn't necessarily Cure Moderate Wounds.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

12. - Top - End - #342

Spoiler
    Show

I actually still have some Cure spells left.
    I think someone asked if we had been healed by the ADAm.
    I take it the answer is "no," then?

Currently playing as:

13. - Top - End - #343

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, Kyrek may well have healing left, but Irmaet doesn't know that, now does he?

14. - Top - End - #344

Spoiler
    Show
    Then perhaps Kyrek should whip out the healing magic before we toss Vaasth into the healy-chamber thing.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345

Hector

"It seems like we have a conundrum," Hector points out thoughtfully. "Do we stay in our hidey-hole, when said hidey-hole is known to one who likely wishes us harm, or do we wander around this rather dangerous place looking for a new place to hole up in?"

"I'm rather inclined to take my chances in the inn."

He pauses and re-reads the sign of the Vita-Chamber. "Theraputic treatment? Sounds.. nice. I find myself rather tense at the moment." He points to the bloody rent in his side. By this point, his robes are looking much the worse for wear, after his salt-water bath, and stained with bood and even less pleasant things. "Also, this slash wound is rather unpleasant, now that the adrenalin is wearing off. I am rather delicate, you know."
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-28 at 12:25 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346

Irmaet the Black
    "Now, now, wait your turn. Vaasth has lost about 12* litres of blood today, so I think he'd best get a quick patch-up first."

Irmaet produces 5 platinum coins and inserts them into the machine, before hitting the 'Greater Healing' button.

"Well, let's see what this Vita-Chamber can do, shall we?"

---

"I think it would be wiser to rest now and be ready for when Dorothy comes knocking. As I recall, she was quite the winded individual before, and unless she wishes to pawn off her ring, she isn't in much of a condition to be fighting at the moment, no? At any rate, I have a Secure Shelter dweomer on me, so why don't you fellows figure out where to set up shop and I'll make us a little temporary cabin."

Spoiler
    Show
    Why yes, that is over twice as much blood as the human body has.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-28 at 07:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347

Kyrek

Kyrek begins to speak just before Vaasth is put in the healing chamber, but he speaks up too late.
    [COLOR="Purple"]Hm. I havesome healing spells left. But I doubt they would restore Vaast to full strength, he looks more horrible than usual. I'm somewhat beat up myself. How is everyone else? Hector said he was wounded, how serious is it Hector?

I think we should see how well this thing heals Va'sth, and then use my remaining magics to help supplement that. On the other hand, perhaps I should keep them, in case we run into anything else before...whatever we decide is night.[/SPOILER]
    Currently playing as:

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Positive energy surges through the chamber, washing over Vaasth. However, it is not quite what one might expect of "Greater Healing." It closes his cuts and mends the worst of the broken bones, but the healing is far from complete (27 hp healed).

19. - Top - End - #349

Hector

Hector shrugs unconcernedly - which may have been more convincing had he not been using only one shoulder - and said, "I'll be fine for now. I'm not going to die from it or anything. The inn did have food of some kind, and likely beds as well. It seems like the best place to hole up or the night."

He paused, then added, "You know, barring the fact that we had to battle a horrible monster to the death there."
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-28 at 05:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350

Kyrek

Well, that was less than Greater. Let's try THIS on for size!

Spoiler
    Show

Cure Critical wounds:
    (4d8+11)[24]

Also, I was wondering if Kyrek still had had the Vampiric Touch temp hp during the encounter with the ooze thing?
    They're gone now either way, but it would mean that he has 19 more hp if they were still around.

I've already asked, and I don't recall getting an answer. If you've already responded, I'm sorry for the repetition.
    Currently playing as:

21. - Top - End - #351

Kyrek

Well, that was also dissappinting. Do you feel any better Va'asth?
    Currently playing as:

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, Kyrek still had the temporary hp.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth moves his shoulder and pops a few joints. A few points on his body are still raw and covered in dried ichor and clotted blood. He feels up his ribs and winces some, "Been better, but much better than before..." He coughs into his hand and looks at it with a slightly concerned look before shoving it behind his back. "Um, little more and I'll be perfect."
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-28 at 07:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354

Irmaet the Black
    "I'm afraid I doubt that this machine will be much more generous unless we pay for the premium service. A good night's rest will do you well, and I shall have more magic in the morning."

Helping Vaasth up, Irmaet finds a nice convenient corner and begins conjuring up a modestly sized cottage.

25. - Top - End - #355

Kyrek

Yes, as will I. I only have one healing spell left...and I got beat on a bit myself.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d8+11)[13]
    Currently playing as:

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

QB

"Maybe the machine responds better to the local coinage?" QB muses. "It wouldn't be the strangest thing we've seen today. Irmaet, would you mind digging out some of those odd coins we found on that first group of- what did Dorothy call them? Splicers? I'll try about fifty of them, I think."

27. - Top - End - #357

Irmaet the Black
    Not so much as turning around, he fishes 50 of the odd coins out of a pocket and tosses them to QB.

"Knock yourself out." he said, being a little busy turning thin air into a shack.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

QB

"Great, thanks," QB says, then turns and climbs into the Vita-Chamber. "Here goes!"

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Again the chamber fills with a coruscating pulse of positive energy, but this time the effect is much diminished. Quentin barely feels changed, though the gashes in his flesh have stopped bleeding and started to scab over (12 hp healed).
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-30 at 04:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet finishes the spell, punctuated with a loud WHUMP as the wooden shack fell to the ground.

"And our accommodations are ready, not courtesy of House Ghallanda!"