New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in Eberron: Beyond the Sea

"Of course. Are we gonna use that battering ram or the special door-opener?" He points to his sword in his belt.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

QB

"Your sword is a 'special door-opener'?" QB asks dubiously. "Well, in that case feel free," he says, setting the ram down next to him.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet watches the dynamic duo with curiousity, and finds a place to sit down.

"I doubt they'll be too long." he remarks, waiting patiently for the others to do their work.

"If you can't crack it open, feel free to give me a shout - I'll be happy to disintegrate the damned thing if need be. In the meantime, Hector, I'll be needing your arcane mark... here."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth takes a deep breath and holds his sword in both hands, then his tentacle wraps around both for a better grip. He then vaults at the door and swings as hard as he can, holding his feet flat and firm on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiating Elder Mountain Hammer on the door. Power Attacking for full with sword in both hands, don't think I have to roll for attack.

Sword Damage: (1d8+32)[33]
    Acid Damage: (1d6)[1]
    Elder Mountain Hammer: (6d6)[30]

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth's blow easily knocks the door down, ripping it from its hinges with a sickening squeal and kicking up a cloud of dust as the door falls. The dust seems to glow green, a sickly vitriolic emerald, and as it fades, Vaasth and Quention can see the source of the light. Standing in the back of the room is some sort of mechanical monstrous, like a living suit of armor. Its head is massive and spherical, covered in freely-moving lens what project streams of green light. In place of its right hand, their is instead a four-foot long drill, covered with specks of gore. Its heavy, metallic feet clang against the floor, producing the piston-like sound Quentin heard. Most disturbingly, there is a young girl, pale-skinned and brown-haired, clutching to the monster's shoulders, seemingly whispering to it.

As the green light from the monster's head play over Vaasth and Quentin, they suddenly freeze into position, and becoming a violent red. The drill on its arm begins to spin violently, splattering flecks of gore and bone everywhere. The monster bellows, and the little girl piggybacking on him shouts out, "Kill them! Kill them, Mister Bubbles!"

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Q: Quentin
    K: Kyrek
    G: George
    H: Hector
    I: Irmaet
    MB: Mr. Bones
    V: Vaasth
    S: Dorothy
    D: Big Daddy

The squares with a bold outline contain tables. They're treated as difficult terrain, but you get a +2 elevation bonus while standing in/on them. The big rectangle of bold-outlined squares on the right is the bar, same rule's for it as the squares.

Quentin's Turn
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

QB

QB gapes at the bizarre mechanical-looking creature for a frozen moment before the most obvious implication sinks in. "What the... she played us! Somebody, get the girl!" he shouts, pointing back toward Dorothy. He snatches his axes from his belt as he springs forward, going in low and striking at the thing's knees; then reverses direction and bounds back out of the room, catching at the doorjamb to swing himself around to the side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 4 squares straight forward and attacking. Declaring Dodge vs. Big Daddy.
    MH Attack: (1d20+16)[30]
    Threat: (1d20+16)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] plus Skirmish: [/roll]3d6[/roll]

OH Attack: (1d20+16)[29]
    Threat: (1d20+16)[34]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3] plus Skirmish: [/roll]3d6[/roll]

Then 4 squares straight back, and 2 squares to the right to avoid becoming charge bait.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops. Philistine phails at phormatting. Again. Also, see the perils of copy-paste!
    MH Skirmish: (3d6)[17]
    OH Skirmish: (3d6)[12]

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Quentin's axes strike true, slashing at the weak, unprotected sections between the plates of armor. Steam leaks out in violent spurts, and the machine-beast howls in rage. "No! No!" the little girl shrieks in rage. "DON'T HURT MISTER BUBBLES!" She reaches out to strike at Quentin, but it's too late, as the nimble scout has already withdrawn.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrek's Turn
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

9. - Top - End - #249

Hector

Hector looked up at Quentin's shout. He looks at Dorothy. "Sorry in advance if this is a misunderstanding, girl." His dark eyes become, if anything, even more alien. As if something else was looking out from inside him, focusing on Dorothy.

Spoiler
    Show

Ghanatathoa's Gaze of the Usurper to try and hit Dorothy. Fort save, I'm not sure of the DC. Also: does my Frightening Presence when I use it frighten allies as well as enemies?
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet starts to read one of the old papers, waiting for the Big Daddy to move before acting. Looking up at the unmoving Kyrek, he balls up one of the sports pages and throws it at the dilly-dallying druid.

Attack - (1d20+5)[18]*

The ball of paper whizzes through the air and bounces harmlessly off the back of Kyrek's head.

"Wake up!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Not actually an action, just a flavour roll.

Kyrek's actually 5' out of range for Irmaet, anyway.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-02 at 08:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet drums his fingers on the table some more, and balls up another page from the sports section - this time some banal treatise on the Mage-Hand Powered Wagon Race.

Attack - (1d20+5)[18]

The wad of paper manages to hit Kyrek in the exact same spot again, as Irmaet calls louder.

"Wake up and stop staring at Dorothy's chest! There's a great big creature lumbering our way!"
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-04 at 06:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kyrek

What? Oh, sorry, I was daydreaming that I was watching a movie with my friends, and then that I spent an entire day in a badly lit room rolling dice and eating Cheetos and Mountain Dew. The room smelled like warm baloney. Anyway, hows this?

Kyrek moves left a few squares, just enough to have line of sight to Big Daddy. He then casts Wall of Thorns. He uses the spell to create a barrier surrounding Big Daddy. He is able to create elven ten foot cubes, he uses nine of them to block Big Daddy in completely. He uses the remaining two ten foot cubes to bolster the effect as best he can.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, spent Saturday with my girlfriend (she has no internet), and Sunday with my IRL group. The "warm baloney" is an inside joke. And I'm quite aware that is the incorrect way to spell bologna.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth suddenly focuses and looks stern and then somewhat agonized as the bones of his spine erupt all over his body and plate his body in his armor. Spears of organic tissue rip from the folds of his armor in the back and begin to whip around more fluidly. His tentacle whip unravels from around his hand and sword and he holds both arms out, with one hand gripping his sword and the other forming a forward-palmed claw and he looks ready to slaughter. "Khui'ghov!!"

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Kyrek thoroughly hedges in "Mr. Bubbles" with his summoned brambles. While you can no longer see the automaton, you hear a crashing sound as it forces its way through the brambles, shouting in pain as they scratch at his exposed inner workings. You also hear a higher, piercing squeal of agony as the torns tear the little girl riding atop the beast to bloody shreds. It does not sound as if the beast is able to make any progress, as it bellows, almost bull-like, in frustration. A high-pitched cry can be heard as well: "Unzip them, Mister B! UNZIP THEM!"

As Hector turns his gaze on Dorothy, she shrieks in fear, cowering before his horrific eyes, eyes no mortal man was ever meant to gaze with. Before she can run from him, though, she is turned to stone by the awful power of Ghatanothoa.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Irmaet's Turn

15. - Top - End - #255

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet watches as Hector turns Dorothy to stone, and shakes his head as he walks towards Vaasth, stopping 10' directly behind QB.

"That wasn't very gentlemanly of you, Hector." he remarks, while Mr Bones, perceiving a threat, charges towards the entangled creature, stopping directly to the left of the thorns.

Spoiler
    Show
    No actions this turn, just double moves.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

As Irmaet and Mr. Bones take up positions around the unfortunately hedged-in construct, Vaasth extrudes his aberrant armor and flailing tentacles. Dorothy remains petrified by Hector's baleful eye.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Quentin's Turn

17. - Top - End - #257

Hector

Hector blinks several times, and the presence that had turned Dorothy to stone retreated deep within him once more. He gave Irmaet a crooked smile. "I'll apologize most humbly to the lady afterwards," he said drily. "Hopefully she won't hold her petrification against me."

He turns to see Kyrek's handiwork. "I am unfamiliar with this magic. Do you think it will hold that.. 'Mr. Bubbles' creature?"
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

QB

QB angles back through the doorway, missing a step and nearly pitching over headlong as he sees Mister Bubbles hemmed in by Kyrek's barrier. He returns his axes to the carry-loops on his belt and draws his bow, quickly nocking and loosing an arrow toward one of the lenses on the creature's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving two squares left then 3 squares diagonally into the room, ending against the left wall.
    [roll]Attack: (1d20+16)[19]
    Threat: (1d20+16)[35]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6] plus Skirmish: (3d6)[8]

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Quentin's arrow whistles through the brambles, following a tight path through gaps in the thorns, only to bounce harmlessly off the thick glass lenses that are the construct's eyes. It makes a strange sound like steam leaking from a pipe in bursts, an almost jovial sound.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrek's Turn

20. - Top - End - #260

Hector
    If Big Daddy breaks free of the thorn wall:
    Hector moves left until he can spot their enemy, drawing out a small, delicate platinum chain he from about his neck. A few words and mystic passes over the necklace, and he casts the Howling Chain, summoning a length of glowing red and black chain that emits a howling scream as it lashes out at the unnatural creature. (Placed between Hector and Big D, 15' from Big D)

Spoiler
    Show

Melee touch attack with a 15' reach: (1d20+12)[6](18)
    Trip attack: (1d20+15)[10](25)
    Damage (if trip hits): (2d6+10)[5][3](18), plus a Will save to avoid being shaken.

If Big Daddy is still trapped in the thorn wall:
    Hector once more uses the power of the Crawling Chaos, assuming a dragon-like form covered in sharp bristles and topped with a wickedly barbed, extremely venomous scorpion-like tail (a Wyvern).

The transformed mage takes to the air with a decided lack of grace, but his clumsy wingbeats get him where he wants to be: soaring above Big Daddy and the thorn wall (using 1 charge of my Belt of Battle to fly 120ft and into Big D's room).

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Kyrek

Kyrek casts Ice Storm on the same area as the Wall of Thorns. (This is assuming that Ice Storm does not damage the Wall of Thorns, which by Raw, it doesn't.)

Spoiler
    Show

Bludgeoning damage: (3d6)[10]
    Cold: (2d6)[8]

If you think the Wall of Thorns should be damaged by Ice Storm, then instead Kyrek casts Cloudkill (Fort DC 21)

Either way, he orders George to get up next to QB and Irmaet with his hammer ready if the Big Daddy escapes.
    Currently playing as:

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

As ice and hail pelt the mechanical monster, it bellows in pain and frustration, its drill whirling in staccato bursts. You can hear a girlish scream from within the thickets. "Ow! It hurts! It's cold...I'm so cold...just...why am I so cold?" The little girl breaks down into sobs.

With a grinding sound, the machine pushes through the thorns, its luminous lenses eye-to-eye with Mister Bones's Hollow sockets. The little girl on its shoulder is still sobbing, her dress shredded by thorns and slick with sleet. However, there don't seem to be any cuts or bruises on her.

As it does, Hector shapeshifts into a menacing draconic beast, swooping into the air above the thorns. The ceiling is too low for him to truly soar, but high enough for him to get a good ten feet above the top of the hedges.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Irmaet's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-07 at 12:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet pauses, and ponders the situation. The Big Daddy was more or less completely under control, and pinned down behind a choke point. The only thing he could really help with was to try and sap the behemoth's strength, since every other magick he had at his disposal was either too feeble or too powerful to use on the creature.

He finally settles on moving to line up with the Big Daddy and fires a crimson beam at the creature, while Mr Bones begins mashing at the being with the poleaxe.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[13] Ray of Enfeeblement Ranged Touch Attack
    (1d6+5)[11] Strength Damage, no save granted.

Mr Bones makes Full Attack vs Big Daddy.

Attack - (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[16]

Attack - (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[13]
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-08 at 06:32 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Vaasth uses his newly improved inhuman speed to push between Quentin and George, his tentacles trailing behind him like an unholy bony, humanoid octopus. He stops just behind Mr. Bones and lashes past the skeleton to the entrapped creature with his symbiotic little brother as it lets out a shrill "screee!!"
    Vaasth lets out a louder and more terrifying sound that can't properly worded with english, and likely not even daelkyr. His sword is still held in his left hand, dripping with clear, corrosive liquid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving close enough and attacking with my tentacle-whip. Power-attacking for 4.
    Attack: (1d20+15)[32]
    Damage: (1d4+9)[10]

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Irmaet's ray of necrotic energy strikes true, draining the beast's strength, leaving it a panting, weakened shell of a thing. Between Mister Bones and Vaasth, the thing is soon battered and scarred, its metallic outer shell just barely holding together. It screams in pain, helpless to resist.

Dorothy remains trapped, cold and hard and petrified.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Quentin's Turn

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

QB

QB moves back toward the doorway, angling for a better shot, before loosing another arrow toward Mister Bubbles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 2 squares diagonally.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[18]
    Threat: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5] and Skirmish: (3d6)[11]

27. - Top - End - #267

Hector

Hector's reptilian form dives into battle, strikes at the construct with its tail, and flies past, out of reach once more.

Spoiler
    Show

Sting attack:(1d20+10)[15](25)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5](9)
    Also, if Big D can be poisoned, it's a 'DC 17 Fort save or take 2d6 con' thing

Weird how something so scary when you're one guy with a gun isn't so bad when you're 6 guys with magic powers, huh?
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-08 at 05:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Spoiler
    Show
    Posting my turn early, since I'll be MIA for a day..

Kyrek casts Web

Ref Save: DC 18
    Currently playing as:

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Quentin's arrow bounces harmlessly off the armored plates of the Big Daddy, lost in the brambles. Kyrek's spell though, entangles it with a spider-like web that spreads through the room and among the briars, though none of his allies are caught by it.

Though tangled up in white, the beast is still able to lash out at Mister Bones, goring him (well, ribbing him) with his drill. The blow is devastating, boring a hole clean through the skeleton's breastplate, and sending chips of bone scattering everywhere (30 damage).

Hector then stings the automaton, his draconic barb skewering it. However, despite the copious quanta of venom he pumps in, the construct seems unimpaired.

Initiative
    1. Quentin
    2. Kyrek
    3. Big Daddy
    4. Hector
    5. Irmaet
    6. Vaasth
    7. Dorothy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Irmaet's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-09 at 01:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Irmaet the Black
    "Hmph. That's going to be a pain." comments Irmaet, having little in the way of recharging the skeleton. "At least the breastplate seems to be holding up."

Irmaet, saving his more powerful spells for more dire times, launches a small orb of electricity at the creature.

In the meantime, Mr Bones, being the skeleton that he is, continues the attack, oblivious to the damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ouch. Must've been a crit, what with the -5 to attack and damage.

Is the damage with Mr Bones' 5/bludgeoning DR factored in?

Ranged Touch - (1d20+5)[20]
    Electricity Damage - (5d8)[24]

PoleaxeAttack - (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[17]
    PoleaxeAttack - (1d20+11)[15]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[19]
    Whups, forgot to put +6 for the second full round attack. It most certainly misses.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-09 at 06:45 PM.