New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Creature] Bob Barker would be so proud...

I would have really expected it to make a noticable difference with those creatures (admittedly, my understanding of the side-effects is mainly academic, but I'd have thought it would have similar effects for all animals). By the wway, I couldn't find the article which I mentioned before. The file was called Equine Journel Understanding Stallions, but I can't open the file or find it online anywhere.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    I would have really expected it to make a noticable difference with those creatures (admittedly, my understanding of the side-effects is mainly academic, but I'd have thought it would have similar effects for all animals). By the wway, I couldn't find the article which I mentioned before. The file was called Equine Journel Understanding Stallions, but I can't open the file or find it online anywhere.
    Eh, that's alright on the horse thing. I believe you without proof.

Yeah, people vastly overestimate the effects of testosterone on the strength of the body.

Eunuchorn's castration power seems solid. Though that method would cause extreme pain. You'd probably fall prone.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I thought about the horn of emasculation doing damage. However, I think it makes more sense to have the animal wield it as a weapon rather than it be used as one. Ergo, it's magical infertility which is much more difficult to undo so it needs a wish or miracle to undo it. Plus, I was trying to avoid turning the horn into a magical weapon. At that point, it becomes indestinguishable from a knife with a bonus to sunder.

Debby

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a good point thanks (I assumed that it castrated the target rather then magically sterilising them).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show