New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Perfect Dawn

Probably 12 years of combining the effects of adreniline and pentazemin. Dr. J told me the stuff would probably kill me in my 40's but from what I've seen, they're giving me a lot more time than I would've had if I hadn't taken them. He stands up and stretches, noticing his drugs in the cabinet. He chuckles for a second and looks back over the the doctor. Let me guess, you think I'm a junkie? Hah! I;m no more addicted to these than an old cop is addicted to body armor.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Dr. Hart

"Well...that is...ummm...it... Dr. Hart immediately started to flounder her words. She wanted to say medically how addicting depressants were. She wanted to say that manufactured substances that put the human body into an altered state had a psychologically addictive quality. She wanted to say a lot of things. However, she couldn't even stammer out a yes. The fear started to get to her. Her breathing starting to become a little short, and she ended up saying nothing, avoiding eye contact and continuing to look at her holo-screen.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

You sound a little flustered doc, you should probably eat something. His stomach growls quite audibly I guess I should too. That stuff makes my body burn off what I eat faster than normal.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-07-03 at 10:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Devil

Dr. Hart

"Al...alright." The doctor could never understand how people did that so easily. All she wanted to do was help everyone else. That was the long and short of it. "Maybe...that is...if...um..." She looked at Colin with a sort of unintentional pathetic look, trying to find the words to speak up. He was the cook after all.

No words came. None ever did.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-07-04 at 01:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I simply followed the lead regarding our escape (assuming that we made it to hyperspace and beyond with few complications), but I do regret the missed opportunity for an exciting getaway. Given our absentee-DM, I think that we will all need to work hard on keeping our stories consistent. In this case, we should at least have waited for the pilot to engage hyperdrive before doing much else beyond "surviving a wild escape". I think we can ret-con the stuff in the sick bay (and to some extent engineering) as happening after the chase is over, but I'm still going to wait for Deckmaster to post before taking any more actions.

In other news, my own posting rate will take a steep downturn because I'm going away for a week starting Sunday. While I'm gone, Hugo will be tidying the ship and will basically do any task you ask of him. That is after all his function on the ship...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Cho told Bosque he had no orders for him at this time. He tells Seth that the quarters are just behind the bridge; just pick one.

They made it to hyperspace quickly.

Before long, he was at a monitor, looking up something. He seemed to find it and in an instant the face of an unshaven man with glasses wearing a t-shirt that had seen better days was staring back at him.

"Well, if it isn't public enemy #1!" said the man.

"What are you talking about, Geffin?" said Cho. "Do you know why I just ran afoul of Alliance patrols on a planet that isn't even part of the Alliance?"

"I wouldn't be a very good information dealer if I didn't," said Geffin. "You're a wanted man, Cho. Nothing new for you, but you're priority has gone way up in the eyes of the Alliance. They want you bad."

"Why?" said Cho, wondering why Geffin could never just tell you what you wanted to know. Then he remembered the answer.

"It'll cost you," said Geffin. "My usual fee." Grumbling to himself, Cho pressed some buttons transferring funds from his small (and ever-shrinking) bank account to one owned by Geffin.

"Now, what is this about?" asked Cho.

"You've been getting messages from a Professor Riley. Apparently, the good professor has been accused of stealing a valuable artifact from the Martian History Museum."

"This is about some old Martian artifact?" said Cho. "Archaeologists think that ancient Martian civilization died out 5 million years ago. What's it got to do with anything."

"That I don't know, but old Prof. Riley thinks it's important, and so does the Alliance. The only reason he's not in jail is because they have no evidence he stole it, because he doesn't have it."

Suddenly it dawned on Cho.

"They think I have it?" he asked. He looked over to Ross. "That's it, we're going to Mars!" Going to the center of the Alliance at this point was probably a bad idea, but he had to talk to this Professor if he wanted to find out what this was about.

Meanwhile, Alexia walked onto the bridge, having climbed through a docking tunnel, and sat down at an unattended console.

"Why do you need a fighter pilot if you're alway going to run?" she asked in a tone that sounded more bored than anything.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seth

Seth nods again, and picks one of the rooms with enough space to lay out some serious arms. For now, he leaaves the crates in place and heads back to the ship's medical facilities. Upon entering, he notices Dr. Hart, and the one who calls himself Sabretooth talking, while Bomber stands off to the side. Seeing Sabretooth up, Seth nods, a favorite gesture of his, and walks back out, interested in seeing the rest of the ship.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Weasel

During the conversation on the Bridge, Weasel continued to examine the engine room. With one crisis averted, he began to start to wade through the mess in the engine room, slowly clearing floorspace and sorting parts into bins. He worked diligently, humming a little to himself. As he did, he tried to strike up a conversation with Hugo

So... what made you decide to take up a life of grand larceny in the void between the stars?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Colin Richardson

Colin stared at the Doctor with his usual serious, emotionless stare for several moments. He wasn't quite sure why he did it. Letting her flounder. Maybe part of him just resented her bringing up his scars.
    Then he broke off and addressed Sabertooth. "The kitchen's this way."
    He turned through the door, went around the exterior of the sick bay and up a flight of stairs to the mess hall.
    A small wall of it had clear plastic "shelves". The interior of the plastic was hollow and filled with water and roots. Leafy plants grew out the top and bottom. Mostly leafy small herbs but here and there is spinach and lettuce.
    Colin goes around the counter and reaches into a drawer. He pulls out a foil covered bar about the size of a bite size piece of candy.
    He holds it up. Sugar exterior, dense protein and carbs on the inside. Should help hold you over till a real meal.
    Depending on how you like it
    5 seconds for hot.
    10 for chewy
    15 for mushy.
    He hits the bar against the counter and then tosses it to you. Water vapor comes out the seams.
    Timing starts now. he goes over the greenery and plucks a small peppermint leaves. He hands one to Kelly and the other to Cyrus.
    This will help with the bitter taste.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus forces down the bar and grimaces slightly. Oh well, I've had worse. Back on Artemis I had to eat enemy soldiers a couple of times.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ross Howard

Ross alters course for Mars, clicks the ship into autopilot and turns his chair towards the disgruntled Alexia.

"Want me ta jest park 'er next time so's you can shoot 'em all up? 'Cause if ya ask, I might jest do it."

He leans close, taking care not to breath to offensively at the other pilot.

"Ta be perfectly honest, I was kinda hopin' fer a bit more action same as you. Nothin' like a gud chase ta liven up the day, eh?"

Ross Howard levers his bulk out of the chair and holds out a massive, and slightly grubby, hand.

"Name's Ross. Always a pleasure ta meet a fella' skyman...or woman, as t'case may be."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #72

Devil

Dr. Hart

Dr. Hart's eyes widened at the cannibalism comment for a second. What a sick sense of humor...I can't laugh at that. She ate the bar quickly, not even bothering to chew the peppermint leaf. After all, food was food, and being around that many antibiotics all day tended to leave a taste in her mouth anyway, so she was used to it. She did, however, chew the leaf afterward, as the menthol was beneficial to have on the throat. The only thing she hated, was the fact that it was probably going to end up on her teeth.

She tried to stay out of the way of the cook, for she had clearly upset him, and Sabertooth, whom she still hadn't returned his drugs. It was best, then, for her to eat quickly and return to the infirmary.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabertooth looks at the doctor with slightly morbid expression. I wasn't joking. You remember the 4 year rebellion that started on Artemis IV a decade ago? Well, even wildlife was hard to come by and I had to keep my strength up somehow.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Bosque

Bosque nodded silently and headed off, ducking as he went. He had cut his arm pretty deep at some point on the planet, and he couldn't have the possibility of infection becoming a liability, he had a job to do. He headed off to the infirmary, after stowing his gear in one of the spare cabins, keeping only a pistol, kept in plain view while making it abundantly clear he would not allow anyone else to touch it.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

When eating the bar and leaf Cyrus finds it isn't half bad. It is slightly sweet and has an after flavor that could be described as "chilled". Still, some of the artificall bitterness of preservatives is under the strong flavor of peppermint.
    Dr. Hart finds hers is an unpleasant mixture of sugar, sticky bitterness and leaves a sour mucky taste until she chews her leaf.

Colin Richardson

Colin chooses not to really react to Sabertooth's statement. It might be true or it could be his way of appearing tough. Either way it wasn't something he cared to comment on. Instead he shifts his posture slightly to that of someone who, while there, isn't really of any importance.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

16. - Top - End - #76

Devil

OOC: Dr. Hart's comment wasn't spoken aloud. I use italics for thoughts.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Hugo

Weasel's question brought Hugo to a halt in an awkward position in the middle of passing through the bulkhead leading from engineering. In an uncharacteristically uncertain voice, he says "I guess I was looking for freedom. The life I was living on Europa was comfortable enough, but I had no control over my own destiny. Regular military service is the same, but without even the comfort of home. Ideally, I would hop in a single-ship and cruise between the stars, beholden to no one, but apparently I need people around to be happy. This is simply the best compromise of a life I've come across." Hugo's eyes shift down and left as he murmurs "I also found out that some doors cannot be closed, once opened..."

"But you, you're basically just a kid." Hugo tries to catch Weasel's eyes. "You're decked out in cybernetics and smart enough to have a brilliant future designing ships, yet you're acting as glorified mechanic on a rust bucket. What gives? Didja get your nose in the wrong people's business?
    Last edited by QuantumTroll; 2008-07-20 at 08:43 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

OOC:

Sorry, everyone, but I'm going to have to put this game on hiatus until I can get more time on a computer. I've decided to devote most of the small amount of computer time I have to working on a novel. A fruitless pursuit, perhaps, but it's something I've always wanted to do.

I wanted to announce this sooner but the boards went down.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!