New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Good Gods!!

1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Good Gods!!

Barghulf

Barghulf came to his friend the Marquis in a form he had never worn before. He came in the form of one of his silver elves. He had long silver hair streaked with black and red, pupiless eyes, long sharp teeth and claws, he was taller then any other elf, and he seemed more slender than most, but he still radiated strength and, the oddest feature of all, he had a long prehensile tail that seemed the tail of a large cat, but could grasp like that of a monkey. Old friend, I need a place for my followers where they will be safe from the clutches of Ravax forever. For all my strength I know not of such a place, nor can I create one. Could you help me in this?
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-24 at 09:20 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax was confused had no one else considered goign to the abyss to solve this problem oh well. He began to weave defense spells and retreiveing some obdurium armour and weapons he wove dark magic into the weapons and armour to make it reject all other divine material that it came into contact with to break the bonds that held the divine material together and destroy it if that material was not his.To reject the contact of all divine matter that was not his own. He needed protection now one of the divine enemies was bound to come after him.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 09:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

The Marquis

"That is not so mean a problem,"
    he says simply, donning the shape of small fox with stumpy antlers. "Take Selune, the larger of my moons. It is clear and distant and shines eternal. There, your spirits may forever guide the living world that they watch over from on high."

The Marquis scurries off, quite enjoying the fact that as a fox he can scurry--it's not quite a walk or a jog, more an emotional state than a way of running.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

For the moment, Xorin was calm, and he retreated to the peace and safety of the Dream, watching as his children took their first tentative steps into the world, learning about the new-formed place, and about themselves and one another.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

He decied his home was to small to vulnerable to attack so he decided to increase his homes size He began to make a layer linked by pillars of dark magic the scond layer would be his throne a place of dark magic and enhanced resorces the vary terrain served as a fortress here spike rocks pokedup from a sea of lava and in the middle his palace stood the palace of the dark one

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Burghest

Burghest nods to the retreating fox, his tail twitching anxiously. He moves himself to the moon Selune, and reviews the barren crust. He would need to alter it to make it suitable for his people, and he needed to make guardians for his peoples afterlife. As was his way he took a chunk of the moon, and took a few trees in the silver forest, which were quickly replaced, and he forged them together. He pressed them together and molded them to a new shape. He opened up his hands and out came what looked like tiny figures, which grew in size. They were large sinewy creatures. They had massive wings like a hawk, and a muzzle and forepaws of a massive wolf, and the hind legs and feathery backside of a raptor. They had silver fur and featheres the color of the shining moon, with piercing eyes the same blackness as the sky at night: These were the Luptor. Next he took the beached skull he had found. He infused it with his divine will and created a skeletal form for it made of the moons earth. His head was the bleached white of bone and the rest of his skeletal form was as the shining moon. He sensed that in some creation ages past this once mighty stag had guarded the gates of death as a god, and it seemed fitting that in death it would watch over the spirits of the dead in this new realm. It acted as a living stag, even breathing despite the lack of lungs. Its name was Banis, and it would be the true guardian of his peoples afterlife.

He changed the dark side of the moons surface so that it had all the different kinds of environments that occured in the national world, and gave all those who dwelt their the ability to see even in perfect darkness. He kept the side that faced the world clear, so it could shine brightly upon the world reminding all that it was a place of goodness and peace.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-24 at 09:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin new that war might come - peace had been established, but it was a tenuous and fragile thing at best. The Dream itself needed little defense - the plane itself reacted to his whims, changing and spawning strange and terrible nightmares to defend itself - even the very land would open up and swallow invaders whole. But he set about the work of defense anyway, spawning a legion of potent dragons, as well as half-dragon and demi-draconic creatures. These, he mused, could later be adapted to the waking world. - but for now they were his warriors and defenders in the land of slumber and dreams.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

After he was finsished creating his new alyer of the Abyss. He decied his REalm needed another set of denizens a set of commanders for forcs a commanding caste if you will. From the shadows of Hate fear and darkness he created the Nazgul and from addiction and flame he made their mounts.
    Theses also needed a leader so to the most powerful of these Nazgul He bestowed sentience but neglected to instill free will he also bestowed spell power the ability to use magic to weave the arcane this would be his champion and the chief defender of his realm.
    And know he began making his own race for the world He made man all of his trickery all of his hate all of his love all of his everything he poured it into the hmans any emotion he had felt he gave to the humans he also gave them the most powerful gift of all. Potential the humans had no limit they grew over generations they changed rapidly and although their lives were short they were not meaningless and for the Humans he created their world Earth.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 10:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

The Marquis

The Marquis ambles into the Dream in the form of a fox, clearly uncomfortable in another god's realm. Even still, he sits demurely before the dragon and sketches something in the air with one claw, a design like a dragon but smaller...the size of great lion and infinitely compact and thin and angled. Its wings were then membranes with veins of silver, and its scales were long and angled like feather blades.

"I propose an act of creation,"
    he said at last, setting down his paw. "A fusion of two worlds: the Dream of dragonkind and the legends of my Fey. Small, muscled, agile, graceful...eternal. My kind never age, though they're as susceptible to death as any other mortal creature. I ask you to consider a union of two worlds."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin looked at the drawing, so like life, and nodded with a slight smile on his massive features. Agreed... it is a beautiful thing, and it will serve well as a symbol of the union... Besides, your Fey seem to me to be creatures half of Dream in any case... so ephemeral, so wonderful... You and your host are welcome in my domain, my friend.

The great dragon bent forward, puffing softly, and his breath gave life to the drawing, which took on flesh and form and substance out of dream-stuff, stretching its wings and yawning its great mouth, eyeing the new world in the lazy way of felines.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

waking up from his nap perloo finds his creature going off ravaging coyotes for food. seeing all the destruction and mayhem in the world he sighs, yawns, and gets ready for anything else that will start to happen

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

Barghulf took the form of one of his Luptor, save that he had front paws that were splayed and displayed an opposable thumb, though it was clearly still lupine, and he had a feline grace about his movements. He circled down from the moon Selune and drifted lazily onto a massive treetop near his Feral elves' glade, and observed them and the strange new winged race that danced about the air and between the trees. He made no effort to hide his presence, though he gave no indication of his true nature other than being a mighty member of the Luptor. The Luptor were wise and intelligent creatures, despite their animal nature and instinct, and their savage but beautiful appearance.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax no longered cared about any of the gods but Cale. He now cared for his Humans that would be his race and the ones to assist him one day.

14. - Top - End - #104

The Marquis

The Marquis smiles and circles the newborn, eying it carefully.

"You need a name,"
    he said, "for both you and your kind, first-one. Will you choose wisely?"

The draconic thing considers carefully, appraising its new body and being with a kind of dispassionate curiosity. It opens its mouth and growls and, to the surprise of the Marquis himself, it sounds mysteriously like a baritone voice played over whale-song, utterly haunting.

"I am Akasha, first of the Radia,"
    it pronounces, its regal voice echoed by that strange song.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin cocked his head, watching the creature, and his eyes widened a little when it spoked. And the dragon once more smiled a gentle smile, and nodded

A goodly name, young one. Welcome to your home... or one of your homes. You are born of two-worlds, and you walk now in twilight on the edge of dream and reality.

16. - Top - End - #106

BardGuy

Elated that the Scaled one and him where friends, and The Marquis and himself were allies, Cale etraversed across the landscaped, searching the new world for a place to create his own race of creatures, eings that would touch the sky and see the world below it as he did. Channeling his divine power he made hundreds of species of birds, each with their own little abilities that made them different, and special. Everyonce in a while, Cale would craft something truely marvelous, and he would make a larger version, to rule the sky. He made the giant owls his wise men, and gave them wisdom and the ability to speak any of the tongues of the mortal races. He crafted the giant eagles, and made them the warriors of the sky, the first line of defense of the creatures of the wind.

And as he made his creations, he looked down on the world, and thought, 'How could I make better creatures? I am already a god, and what is more creative than a god?' But as soon as Cale thought the question, an answered poped into his head, the only thing more creative than a god was two gods. And with this in mind, he appeared in front of the Savage one, with a proposal in mind.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

The Luptor that was Barghulf flapped his wings and growled menacingly before seeing who the newcomer was. Barghulf settled down, his head resting on his paws and spoke. What is it you desire oh lord of the skies?

18. - Top - End - #108

BardGuy

Looking around the moon, Cale smiled at the beings, and said, "I seek help to create creatures. I have started to run out of good ideas, and am need of your help. I think the combined power of our domains would create truely unique and great creatures."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax smiled My humans are developing quickly they already have accesed my divine power twice and yet they are only 40 generations old
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 10:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

Barghulf gazed lazily at the sky-god what do you suggest?

21. - Top - End - #111

The Marquis, to Perloo

The White Stag Prince wanders into a legitimate forest by design or by chance, and finds himself overtaken by the sense of lushness and fertility.

"If you can hear me, Woodsman, I'd very much like to speak with you, you whose work inspired my own home."

The Marquis, to Cale

At another time, the Marquis sits in contemplation in a cavern, inspired utterly by the very aesthetic of the bat. He cuts leather from the dark of the moon and spins fine hair from twilight and sews them together into a vaguely man-shaped creature: winged by a thin membrane of starlight with dangerous talons on "hand" and foot. The creature had two black inkdrop-eyes and great, silvered ears. Even still, it was lacking. Knowing his problem, the lord of stories called to the east, singing the first Song of the Wind, seeking audience with Cale.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus and the Saest

Over the 2 or so hundred years, the Saest kept to themselves. Trained and armed by Cerus himself. This training would come to and end soon as they now knew how to craft weapons, armor and tools. Magic, primarily enhancement and healing spells, also constitued a large portion of their lessons. The Saest, as these winged humans were called, began to grow outward from their place in the forest. Some took flight to the deserts, some to the plains, some even to the flying islands that Cerus had created in the middles of the oceans. now would be the final push outward as equal portions of Cerus' vast army would spread out among the world to defend their people.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

23. - Top - End - #113

BardGuy

"I was thinking something along the lines of giving the ability of flight to a couple of your creatures. Have any suggestions?" asked Cale, clearly interested in anything the Savage one had to say.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-06-24 at 10:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Deep inside the dream, out of the primeval earth of the great Mountain, new forms arose from the dreaming mind of the dragon-god. This new shape was tall and powerfully muscled - built like a human, but with features like those of a dragon. They pulled themselves from the earth, and in the dim, flickering light of the cave it was visible that they held all different hues - some were gold or silver, others red or blue, reflections of the First Children in smaller shapes - but more agile and more dextrous of hand. Instinctively, they grouped together by color. And some few among them were like unto the greatest of Xorin's children - the dragons of force and light, respectively. These were exceedingly few in number, but by far the most potent, and they were those who led these new children through the twisting pathways of dream, out into the waking realm. There they tunneled into the earth, building cities in the deeps of the world. Where they found them, the Kobolds became their servants in return for the protection of the greater beasts.

And out of the dream came a name for these creatures - The Zor'Nathal, the Third Children, not so great as the Dragons, but greater by far than the kobolds. Their society would be one of order and majesty, carving great works beneath the earth, with city-states joined in a league of powers, each caste working in its assigned roles for the benefit of all, competing against one another for honor and glory, but never in war. Thus spake the will of the dragon god.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Braghul

Braghul shrugged his lupine shoulders, his long tongue lolling out of his mouth as he panted in thought. The only mortal creatures I have created are the elves, these Luptor are already winged.

26. - Top - End - #116

BardGuy

"Very well, I thank you for your time," replied Baxter, hearing a song the called for him. Leaving in a gust of wind, he appeared before the Marquix, and asked, "What is it, my firend?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

Barghulf flew after the retreating god You misunderstand. I am not denying the ability to help you, however there is not much that I have already created that could be changed so.

28. - Top - End - #118

The Marquis, to Cale

"I've been working on a new type of fey, but I'm afraid I find the concept of wings...problematic,"
    he says, revealing the humanoid bat creature. "By all rights, they should be able to glide, but they can't seem to. Have I missed something?"

29. - Top - End - #119

BardGuy

"Here it is," said Cale, recognizing the problem. "You have to shape the wings differently," he said as he adjusted them wings abit, and added with a smile, "There, they should be good now. And since I helped you, perhaps you could help me. I would like some help coming up with some more humaniod creatures of my own. Perhaps you could help?"

30. - Top - End - #120

The Marquis

"That is quite a conundrum,"
    the Marquis says as he circles the form of the newly-adjusted fey, making cosmetic tweaks here and there like a fine sculptor. "Most of the obvious ones have been done now, haven't they? Winged men and sapient birds...perhaps you should draw inspiration from one of the flight-capable insects? Or whales. Great, silk-smooth whales skimming the foam from a sea of clouds. And small, light, humanoid creatures could live within...like those tiny things, bacteria. But...bigger. And they could eat lightning. For that matter, they could be lightning."

The Marquis rambles on in this fashion, continuing to adjust the new creature's crest with a father's careful attention to details.