New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Good Gods!!

1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Good Gods!!

Burghest

Burghest pondered for a moment, flapping up to the two gods. Would a creature born of three gods not be even more unique and interesting then but two?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"I like where your thinking, Savage one," Cale replied, thinking of the possibilites. Trying to comprehend such a creature, he suggested that each of them take turns making this creature, each going after the other, adding things on, and suggested the Savage one go first.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-06-25 at 12:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Burghest

The savage god considers this, then answers. What about a creature with a form like a fish?

4. - Top - End - #124

BardGuy

"Like a whale as The Marquix suggested? Or something different?" asked Cale, curious to his suggestion?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax knew the gods rested now so know is when he began the change.
    the punishers where no longer of use to him and he decied it was time for change he took some earth from the desert where He had awakened and he molded them he made them into winged with Batlike wings and vicous fangs he gave them a mystic resitance to the elements that would oppose them.
    Fire, Ice, electricty, and sonic and these will be his lieutenets the reavers

OCC. Please dont kill me for stealing the firefly name.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-25 at 04:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

And as he sent his children out into the world, the Scalefather felt as they began to grow and prosper. He could feel the praise and worship of his children, and he walked in their dreams, granting them visions and prophecy.

And from his realm he sent dream also to the mortals who dwelt in the world that the gods had new-forged. He planted within them awe and respect for his children, and also fear, so that they might be protected from thieves and assassins by the weight of those fears.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Barghul

Barghul shakes his had slowly Like a whale but sleeker, quicker, if you know what I mean.

8. - Top - End - #128

BardGuy

Before the savage one could respond, Cale spoke up and said, "I have an even better suggestion. We shall return in one year and hold summit, on the place a shall soon create, and we will combine our powers to create a great creature. We shall call upon the others gods to join us, and we shall create something truely marvelous, worthy of being a creation of gods. But, until then, we shall look over the world, and our creations, and look for inspriration. Until we meet again, I bid you good day." And with that, he left in a gust of wind.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Burghal

Burghal watches the god of air leave, and takes his leave as well. He flies back to the massive forest and alights atop one of the massive treetops, where he can watch both his Feral elves in the woods, and the creations of the god he has not yet met, the angelic creatures which bore similar shape to his elves save for their large feathered wings. He does nothing to hide his presence, but masks his true godly essence.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax had just watched his humans for too long it was time for him to create a rewarding afterlife for them not just a blakch hell to look forward to. But Ravax could not do this on his own so he went to the one other God he thought he might listen to him HE went to visit Cale Lord of the skies and AngelFather. He went to Cale with this request.
    Cale I have come to you with a request I have created a race I have called the humans they have no claws winjgs or other special abilities and although their lives are short they have limitless potential. I want them to have at least a chance at a good afterlife not the just the blakc hell over which I reside so I ask you as my only freind in this new creation to assist me help me create this new afterlife for the humans if not for me than for them.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-25 at 03:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

BardGuy

"A good goal, my friend. I shall help you, as I am about to make my own home, and shall allow good humans to join me there. Come back in three days, and it shall be complete. After it is done, I ask you come with me to the west, where the great desert lies, for have heard of a glass desert, and wish to see it for myself. Now, be gone my friend, and do not see me again till I am done," Cale replied with a smile.

In the skies above the center of the continent, Cale flew, a grand idea in mind. Below him was a seemingly endless forest, spreading in all directions. To the west was a large desert, with curiously enough, according to Xiloscient a large glass center which Cale decided he would look after as soon as he was done here. To the north was a large mountain range that extended to the east, and was home to the Scaled one and his children. To the northeast was the great silver forest, home of the fey. To the south east was a an area of large plains, with a cave somewhere that held an opening to the abyss that was ruled by the dark one.

In the skies above the forest he grabbed the clouds, and changed them, shaping them into a grand castle, the with some clouds changed into ground for those who walk upon them, others to form walls. And in three settings of the sun, the castle was finished, a home suited for a god. This would be his home, his realm, his court, and the home of his followers after their deaths. The castle was on a cloud that stretched over a 25 mile diameter, and flew over all in the sky, touching the heavens. To make sure no mortal reached his realm without his consent, he turned the clouds below his home into a Typhoon, and channeled his divine power so that no mortal could reach it with magic. With what he set up, it made it so that no mortal could reach is realm without his gifts of flight, and only gods could reach it, by way of their divine power. But, so not to offend the forest god for ruining the forest below, he changed the weather system, and made it so the area around the typhoon would be constantly blessed with great weather, turning it into a luscious forest he termed a rain forest.

With his home complete, he looked on and named it Seraphguard, which in Xiloscient's tongue meant "Light's home guard". Content with his creation, he summoned 400 of his most loyal and strongest Celestials, as well as Xiloscient to accompany with him to the desert. With his celestials ready to go, they left in a gust of wind, and appeared in the desert above the great glass desert. What Cale saw infuriated and enraged him. Creatures that appeared to look like mockeries of his celestials, and flew through the sky with out his consent. Howling with rage, Cale roared throughout the world, "Who is responsible for the mockeries! Who dares bestow them with flight! Who thinks he has power over the skies! He who thinks he is, appear unto me!" As soon as he finished speaking, he turned his attention towards the creatures, using his divine might, though he did not harm the physically, he threw them unto the ground and stripped them of their power flight, but allowed them to keep their wings.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Following his hostile actions, Cale can feel the sting of fire burning his flesh as a flash of red steel and white flame carves into his back. When he turns around, he sees Cerus floating with a vengeful look in his eyes as he prepares to strike again.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

Barghulf, hearing the cries, and seeing many of the angelic, flying people fall hundreds of feet to their deaths, was enraged. How dare one god claim ownership and dominion over the right of all things to fly? Commanding his people to aid those of Cerus's people they could in the massive forest he took flight. Still in the form of of the mighty Luptor Barghulf flew to the scene at the desert, his mighty wings beating powerfully.

14. - Top - End - #134

BardGuy

"You! This was your work that gave them flight! I am the one who rules the skies! It was not your place to allow them to fly, only my own! And for that, they have been stripped of flight, you usiper. Now, I do not wish to fight you, I only wish to have you appolize and have your creatures out of my sky. If you surrender now, they shall live, and there can be peace. If not...then I shall have them destroyed and the gods shall clash. I should warn you though, I am not the only who hates those who over step their boundries, and have many friends amoung our fellow gods," Cale replied, venom dripping in his voice, anger apperent as he spoke. Summoning his weapons, a blade so sharp it could cut the wind itself, and a spear that could channel his divine powers and throw lightning wherever Cale directed it, he readied for the worst. His Celestials, raised weapons of their own, expecting bloodshed, as many of them called for their fellow beings of the wind, the giant eagles and owls.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-06-25 at 07:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

Upon this pronouncement Barghulf became enraged, his eyes flew wide in anger and his forehead twisted with his rage. He let out a howl of fury, so loud it knocked the celestials out of the sky, and buffeted the gods in the surrounding area. What is this? You leap to the defense of a black hearted god who would seize control of our peoples immortal souls for his own, and yet you would selfishly attack the innocent creations of a god who committed the grave insult of allowing his creations to fly? And you would have others believe you are a believer of goodness and justice for the world? lies! the words "Grave Insult" were dripping with sarcasm and disdain.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-25 at 07:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

BardGuy

"I see that the anger felt earlier was just, and I am sorry that I took his side for usiping their doamin. But what is done is down. As for giving his creations the power of flight? That gift is mine alone to give, not his. If he would of asked, I would have given them it, but he did not, and for taking what did not belong to them, they were punished," Cale excalimed in his defense.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

The Marquis

A smile appears first, and then the rest of the White Stag Prince shapes around it like so much seafoam. He's laughing, harsh and strange.

"I was right, Barghul! I said it, when he first arrived: hubris. Acting for peace, then so casually threatening war? You're selfish, Cale, and it is unsuitable for a god of any magnitude. Any creature with wings may fly, just as they may enjoy the sun or kindle in them a primal spirit. Vainglory, and now you would take what was never yours to take? I suppose, if he climbs a tree large enough, even a monkey may think himself tall."

In an instant, the Marquis summons his spear, keeping it close like a walking stick rather than a weapon, the appearance of strength rather than aggression.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Burghalf

Burghalf nodded to his friends words. You falsely punished innocents for the supposed misdeed of their creator. There is no justice in that, merely blind arrogance.

19. - Top - End - #139

BardGuy

"So it is okay for him to claim dominion over the sky and may give anyone he wants flight? But for shame if the Dark one does anything to anything thats under your power? Hypocricy is yours, my friend. Of all people, I thought you of all people would understand what I speak of," shot back Cale, as he tried to calm himself down and regain control oer his senses.

20. - Top - End - #140

The Marquis

"If you can't see the difference, I fear that I can not see it for you. Ravax ravished and tainted: what harm does it do you for them to fly? There is room in mortal hearts for more than a single prayer, and instead of seeing children shared, you saw purposeful malice where none existed."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Burghalf

Burghalf became incredulous over the ignorance of Cale. The Dark One sought false dominion over the immortal souls of our followers, to send them to Hell despite their actions and lives they live. All this god did was give his creations wings with which to fly. You cannot compare these actions.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus observes his creations. Most of the have fallen to the ground and died while the rest cling to the trees. He raises his sword and points it at Cale. You cause the death of hundreds and brush it off as though you've done nothing. You attack beings that in a thousand years couldn't hope to stand up to your power and expect to be forgiven so easily? No! You shall pay for your acts! Cerus ignites himself in while flames and charges Cale.

23. - Top - End - #143

BardGuy

"He gave something that was not his to give. The Dark one took something that was not his to take. I understand that he wanted to share something with them, but he should have asked. I took back what was rightfully mine. I did not harm them, sent them to the ground and took away their abilty to fly. That was all I did to them," stated Cale, standing his ground.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"To the Abyss for your duels!" Came another great and forceful voice.

25. - Top - End - #145

BardGuy

OOC: PirateJesus check the post where I did it. I said I didn't kill any of them.

26. - Top - End - #146

The Marquis

"Foolishness is not becoming of you, Cale. What next? Will you demand that no creature may breath save yours? What of my moons: should their light shine only on my children? Should strength be only the gift given to Barghul's? We embody our concepts, we patron them, but we do not own the mechanics of reality. If I were a god of Travel, would only my creatures be allowed to move?"

The Marquis questions deeply and accusingly, tightening his grip on the spear, setting the point an arms length before him warningly.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Still charging, Cerus barrels into Cale and forces him through the portal into the "Abyss". Here without the risk of endagering mortals, he releases his own limits and to fight at full strength.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still charging, Cerus barrels into Cale and forces him through the portal into the "Abyss". Here without the risk of endagering mortals, he releases his own limits and to fight at full strength.
    "Inconceivable!" The Unforeseen quips.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Barghul

To the unseen voice Barghul roars his defiance To the abyss with your commandments, at the least show your face! and with this he bounded after the crashing gods, transforming back into his massive apish form, his size increasing until he was as large as a house, and a long monkey tale swept up past his monstrously angry face

30. - Top - End - #150

BardGuy

"I would never keep another creature from breathing, for all creatures deserve the right to live. but the moonlight is yours to give, nobody elses. It is your choice alone, and nobody may take that from you. We may be the patrons of these things, but we are gods and they are ours to own! These are our gifts to give. Where all creatures given the gift of flight? No! Were all creatures given the ability the breathe water? No! Were all creatues given the ability to go to the moon at their will? No. These are our gifts to gives, and flight is my gift to give," protested Cale, showing no sign of giving up. Lookign at Cerus, Cale adressed him, "You attack me? remeber I am lord of the sky! Whiel I am not all powerful in the dream, the moon, the abyss, or in the forest, but I am here!" With that, he channelled all of his divine power towards the very sky, and its rejecting the presence of Cerus.

EDIT: Cerus, I do this as you try to charge my and force me into the abyss.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-06-25 at 08:36 PM.