New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Project Nucleus

A man stumbled dying in front of me....!?

Excited by the prospect of a more dramatic adventure, Jack move toward the fallen man. By then he realized that he's not supposed to be that excited, and he need to be more careful in the future when dealing with strangers, but by then it's all too late.

"Hey, are you alright?" He said as he holds the man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling something. Dunno what to check against
    (d100)[25]
    (d10)[6]

"Damnit, where is doc? Guys, help me here!"

A case! Mystery of the dying wanderer? Will he sprout some mysterious phrases?
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

<ooc> you may try rolling the first aid or doctor skill, but if you critically fail...

3. - Top - End - #183

Jack
    "Allright. What happened? Hold on, I'll take you to the doctor"

Facing the injured man, Jack tries to remember what those detective novels said about injuries, passed out man, and how to differentiate stab wound from bite wound. He don't want to injure the man more by moving him recklessly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to know anything about the injury: first aid (d100)[51] against 26.
    Heh I guess he pretty much never found anything useful on those novels

Oh, and perception check to find anything strange about the man.
    (d10)[1] against 7
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak has a look of complete sympathy and sadness upon his face as he looks upon the helpless traveler. He takes his gecko pelts and gently lays them over the man, shielding him from the sun, and instead of freaking out he calmly talks to Jack and the others ((assuming there still around)) "Calm yourself, he's probably just been out in the wastelands to long without supplies or knowledge. He'll need salt and water, possibly food, and cool shade if we can find it. Give him some of what we got, in EXACTLY that order if possible, I'll look around for some shade and possibly a place to refill our water. When I get back, I'll carry him." Chinak gets up and starts to look around and rack his brain in the heat for the best place to go.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm having to type this up fast as I'm at school at the moment and its the only time I'll be on the internet, so I'm unable to check the Survival skill as the connections REALLY slow and I don't got much time. here's the roll, hope it works good. (1d100)[17] I have no idea if this will work cause I forgot how the roller works.
    I'm back, and hopefully I'll finally be able to stay !!!
    ...why is everyone all of a sudden screaming at this news?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - You guys are still in town, so getting him to the Gecko's Nest for example would be no problem whatsoever.

Jack's ssearch yields the fact that the man has some tattoos all over his torso. Make an intelligence check vs 4 (so if you get 4 or less) to recognize that this is most likely a tattoo to categorize a slave. It is somewhat well known that DC traffics in humans.

The man replies in a rasping voice, "*gasp* I...I finally escaped...those horrible people. Tried to break me...and my family...wife and children...still there...I need...find help."

6. - Top - End - #186

Jack

The sun shone on the beaten town as... gah! this isn't the time for monologue.

"Hang on man. Don't talk too much, you can talk later when you feel better."

Jack stumbles with the man to the gecko's nest. "Can someone get a doctor here?"

"We need someplace to lie this man down. We found him delirious just on the edge of the town." says Jack to the bartender

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

There is an empty (if someone worn) couch in the bar. The bartender sighs and hurries over with a few cups of water. "I'm sure he's dehydrated to no end. Let's keep him liquid'ed up. Make sure he doesn't throw any of it back up!"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak listens to the mans words and notes the part "I got away from those horrible people" Most speciffically. He makes sure his sledgehammer is close real quick and takes a look around outside for anyone new or rather well armed before going inside. Sometimes horrible people tend to hold grudges and keep trying there horrors. Hope we haven't gotten into something serious Thinks Chinak.

He goes inside and notices them giving a drink to the man, assuming they already gave him salt as per his instructions. He keeps himself by the door making sure its open but close enough to hear everything only commenting "Wouldn't mind getting the pelts back and you getting him a decent blanket or covering. I'll pay for it if you want." And just keeps his eyes on the door. He knows he's probably being paranoid...but his luck DID have a habit every once in a while of spreading arond and it was better not to take chances.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not bothering with the intelligence check since I wasn't looking him over that well, but I AM making a perception check on all that stuff I just mentioned. (1d100)[73]
    Last edited by Niasen; 2008-10-29 at 01:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - you didn't roll well enough on yourperception to notice much.

The man *is* being given salt. The temperature is quite hot, so there's not much chance of him being too cold from black of blankets. The barkeep says, "Well, I got a spare room anyways. He can rest in there for a night. It's not like we're getting tons of visitors everyday."

10. - Top - End - #190

Jack

Spoiler
    Show
    (d12)[6] for inteligence check.

This is a curious event indeed.

"Guys, I know this sounds selfish, especially since we're literally one step away from leaving this town. But can we wait at least until this guy's better. I want to ask him a few questions first.

Especially about these horrible peoples..."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-10-29 at 10:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

You carry the weak, semi-delirious man to the spare room and tuck him into bed. He slips in and out of consciousness. While you may ask him questions, he is not likely to be cohorent until he has gotten at least a day's worth of rest.

12. - Top - End - #192

[Jack[/b]

Jack scratches his chin. "I guess we should wait for him to get better."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-OOC- should we even bother pretending we have the others around?

Chinak Moran

Chinak shrugs non-commitedly about the whole thing. "I'm good with staying, chances are that knowing my luck we'd run into these people out there so best if we find out the most about them if possible."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - the other two went off to do their own thing I guess.

The man finally mamages a few hours of relatively calm sleep. When he finally stirs once again, he opens his eyes. The first thing he does is lookaround grogilly and says, "My family?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak's gut tightens the moment the man asks about his family. Living in his tribe and wandering the wastes this is a familiar scene, someone who is tougher than most and tried to survive something with loved ones find out he was succsesful...but that only THEY were. Chinak kneels down next to the man and very carefully, so careful he is almost sweating, Chinak hands the man his water and says gently "take a small drink first." Chinak then waits till the man is done taking a sip, and takes the glass away and puts it back down. "Ok, I want you to be calm, its possible that with your dehydration and heat stroke you could pass out again if you get to excited..." Whether or not that was true was kind of a coin toss in Chinak's mind. While it IS true that if somebody who had just suffered it tried something would pass out, he doesn't know if the guy rested long enough. Nevertheless, he hoped it might make the guy think about consciously relaxing so they wouldn't have to find out. "Now, we've only found you recently, and I didn't see any sign of anyone else. That doesn't mean there gone mind you, they could have passed out in some shade out there or something..." Whether it is from Chinak's innate sense of kindness, his luck egging him on, or a deeper more primal thing that urged him, Chinak had decided to do something very very foolhardy. "If you tell me there names and what they look like, and maybe who these horrible people are so I can avoid them, I'll go look for them right now ok? And I'll find them, wherever they are."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Taking the water gratefully, he downs the liquids in a few gulps. "Gah...haaah...haaah...they...they have been taken...Some of them wear leather...others...metal armor. Using clubs and whips, they attack travelers like my family." He closes his eyes as if still seeing the horror of the scene. "A few days ago...I and my family were beaten nearly to unconsciousness. I...faked unconsciousness, and when the slavers...those demons went off to take a break...I crawled away...vowing I'd go back soon to...rescue my family. Wife and 2 children are still there...oh gods." He starts sobbing a bit.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-OOC- Sorry, Fallout 3 is so addicting I forget to post here sometimes...and forget to go to school...or bathe...or eat....or drink....

Chinak Moran

SLAVERS! Chinaks blood begins to boil while hearing the mans description. A deep part of him thought to be forgotten begins to stir, the instincts of being a tribal. Something all tribals have had to fend off for years ever since they came back into this world, the beings that take children who wander off too far or merely massacre an entire people for the opportunity for a profit.

Chinaks voice turns ice cold "Tell me a direction to start looking for your family and these people those bastards won't have any bones left to be able to swing any whips or clubs with to capture any travellers..." Chinak takes his sledgehammer out of its sling, twirls it expertly and actually smacks the center of his opposite palm without even apparently being affected by it, "That's something you can put some faith in."

18. - Top - End - #198

Jack

Common criminal is one thing, but slavery is another. Jack's face turn wooden from hearing the man's story. He's new to this part of the more savage waste, but this kind of thing is even worse than what he imagined.

He tries to calm the poor guy for a bit. "Don't worry sir. Rest here for a bit so if, I mean when we find your family, they can see you alive and all."

"I'm all with you, Chinak."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-11-14 at 04:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

He smiles at you two. He looks a bit better now. "Thank yee. There is some good in the wastelands after all. My name is Ramos Aguija. I...can't tell you exactly where they were, because I was mostly delirious, see. But I knew that it was somewhere close to DC...within a day's walk I'm sure. Best chance to find them may be to talk to their...big customers."

20. - Top - End - #200

Jack

Jack smirks as he caress his gun. "Well, guess what? It turns out that this isn't much a detour after all. As a matter of fact, I'm looking for those people. Those so called 'big customers.'

Can you tell me more about those big guys? We might want to visit them, directly or indirectly."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Ramos shakes his head. "I know not the exact people, but I'm sure you can get some good leads by going there and asking around. Look at what groups anbd industries require lots of man...or woman-power, and if you become on good terms with them, they might divulge some useful information."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak just stays quiet throughout it all, figuring that once they get close to the place he'll just figure out where the slavers are by either following the trail of them, which shouldn't be to hard since from the stories he has heard they aren't notorious for keeping clean, or by beating everyone senseless until they tell him what he wants to know. However, for now..."Oy, barkeep, keep those gecko skins of mine I used to cover him from the sun as payment for the food and drink this guy's going to need for his convalesence. Jack, if you got anything you want to do before we leave, nows the time to say it, cause I'm planning on leaving soon." Chinak slings his sledgehammer onto his back and double checks his supply of boomerangs.

23. - Top - End - #203

Jack

"No. were good to go. Just promise me to not maim those slaver too much when we got them. I need at least one alive and able to talk." Jack smiles.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Mr Aguijas smiles. "You are too generous. It's good to know...*cough* that those bastards will get what's coming to them if you're as tough as you look. My wife...she's got skin a bit darker than mine, and beautiful long brown hair. Name's Angela...and she's my angel. My little boy is 9 and he's called Horhito. My girl is only 7 and she's called Myra. Please look for them and help them escape if you could. My main concern is their safety, not the destruction of the slavers. If someone openly wages war on the slavers, they may start moving the slaves elsewhere or even using some slaves as hostages! Please find a way to ensure their safety before attempting anything foolish." The man looks tired again.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak smiles at the man and rests his hand on his forehead. "Don't worry, we'll make sure they're safe. And your overreacting, slavers always expect to lose a few of there parties to possible reprocussions or people who really rather not be slaves. You just rest now, we'll go and do what we can." Chinak doesn't mention what slavers have a tendency to do to women, the man's worried enough. He looks at Jack and says "All right, lead the way Macduff," and motions for Jack to start heading out, shortly following him so they can head out to D.C.

26. - Top - End - #206

Right. So I guess now we prance to DC.

Into DC!

Jack

"So... Chinak. Does this mean that now we're partner? I can see it working. "He is a hard boiled detective that has just started his career. He is a tribesman with a vendetta against anvil. Together, THEY FIGHT CRIME!
    We can even work our own good cop-bad cop routine!"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-11-29 at 02:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak looks at Jack with a raised eyebrow while watching where he steps (so he doesn't inadvertently set off a mine or something equally disastrous). "Yeah, sure, whatever you say...you know, I could of sworn that the town back there didn't sell anything stronger than booze. Huh? Why did I say that? umm...no reason."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Before you two head off, the barkeep catchesup to you two and hands you each a stimpack. "Here. I've dealt with slavers before and know the pain they can cause. If you can do anything about them, then consider these thanks in advance. Go get 'em...for that Ramos fella and for the rest of us poor fellas without protection."

29. - Top - End - #209

<OOC>Um, Frosty. If you still want to continue this game, maybe you should post what happened next. Since I guess neither me or Niasen have any idea what to talk in the desert</OOC>

Jack

Jack nibbled his last lizard jerky and ask,for what seems to be the twentieth dozen time for Chinak.

"Are we there yet? Since, you know, all the desert looks the same for me. I'm really out of my element here..."

Spoiler
    Show