New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Project Nucleus

Chinak's thoughts on survival turn up blank (you almost crit-failed that check, which would've yielded funny ideas in your head). Jack's catch-phrase draws only a cold silence from everyone.

Toothy chuckles at Chinak's consternation. "Pretty much par for the course eh? Look on the bright side. You only got shot at ONCE, *and* no anvils fell. on you as far as I can tell. Jowsy and I are fine, but Pendle over there could use a few finger I think. We need to patch him up." He looks over at Erik. "Hey doc, can you help Pendle while we gather up the last of the eggs? I got some extra bags for the rest of you to carry the eggs in."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Erik

Breathes heavily, blinks and realises that there is a green spot in the middle of his vision where he has been looking at the flare too long.
    The jumble of bodies begin to take focus again and through the ringing in my ears I can hear words, although not quite make out speech.
    This combat thing is something I'm going to have to get used to...fast.

I check the Beretta over in my hands, 11 rounds left in the magazine. The barrel is hot, and the smell on my fingers and in the air is unmistakably the oxidation product of a high molecular weight heterocyclic organic; I think to myself.
    Seeing Chinak take a bullet graze to the arm, and Toothy's friend (whatever his name is, I couldn't concentrate when Toothy spoke) injured and bleeding; I walk over and take a closer look.
    "hey fellas, trust me on this- you don't want to leave Gecko bites to fester. I know we all want to keep moving, but you'll thank me for this later when you're not fevered, delirious, shivering, lockjawed and foaming at the mouth. Now sit down and shut up whining, this probably WILL hurt"
    Using whatever materials might be to hand, I patch them both up as best as I am able while toothy is away.

On Chinak
    First Aid (1d100)[22]
    Doctor (1d100)[17]

On the trapper
    First aid (1d100)[50]
    Doctor (1d100)[70]

All against 67% (I think)
    Wheron of which one cannot speak, thereon one must be silent.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Erik's efforts take a few hours, but in the end, much patching up was done on Chinak, and CHinak recovers a cool 16 hp. The trapper Pendle, however, was only healed for 5 hp. You guys will need to protect him well on the way home.

Toothy fills up a few more bags with eggs and hands them for Chinak and Jack to carry.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak takes the bags and then remembers something chuckling. "Heh, if we want to get even more money out of this excursion, there's an anvil outside we can bring back with us, I THINK I can carry it without to much of a problem. Hopefully it won't attract others of its kind."
    I'm back, and hopefully I'll finally be able to stay !!!
    ...why is everyone all of a sudden screaming at this news?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jack

"Your welcome" said the detective to Chinak as he reload his revolver.

Jack looks at the surrounding area, looking a bit anxious.

(perception check)
    Spoiler
    Show

(d10)[2]

"Glad that this is regular gecko nest. You know, when I hear the ruckus before, for one sec I thought we... stumbled into... something bigger than we can chew. Like, ancient building full of killer robot-mutants or something.. Heh, silly me..."

"And Eric, I remember those things also bit you outside. You sure you're okay? Maybe we should rest for a bit before going back to town. So Doc here can treat the wounds better and in the mean time me and Chinak can skin the geckos.

What do you say guys? You think we can get back without another too-close-encounter with the local fauna?
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

The immediate area looks clear, but unless you crack another flare, you won't be seeing much. The first one is about to go out.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-08-30 at 08:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

The Geckos are not too heavy to carry back between the 6 of you (the 7th is too injured to carry much) so you guys can probably skin them back in town after Toothy teaches you how.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-OOC- Until otherwise noted, Chinak helps out carrying everything he can.

9. - Top - End - #129

Jack

"I guess we prefer town, however bad it is, rather than cave, eh?"

As they pack the loot, Jack asks a question.

"So, what happened back there?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-03 at 03:40 AM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Erik

I look at the bite on my arm, hmm... With patients to care for, I'd forgotten about that. I stash the gun in my belt and open my hiking bag - easier to carry the Geckos in this I recon. And suggest hauling ass back to town asap. We've got what we came for in here, possess no means to illuminate our path if we DID want to explore further, have wounded, and (at least I'm) running low on ammo.

OOC - I seem to remember reading that you can only perform 2x First aid and 2x Doctor per day, is that correct? If so i'll check myself over after I've had a rest.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - You can use them 3x each day.

Toothy grins sheeply and says, "Well, we had sneaked in all quiet-like, but Jowsy tripped and the flare flew out of his hand, and then the golden geckos woke up. That's when the bad started. Still, we're all in one piece...mostly, and we've got a HUGE bounty today! 30 eggs total! That'll fetch a good 1500 dollars. And then there's a radscorpian tail which you guys can take, and 5 gecko pelts in total. Well let you have the pelts of the two Goldens as thanks, and I'll even teech one of ya how to skin 'em. Since you guys helped us out, we'll split the earnings on the eggs evenly, so 250 dollars each. you can probavly sell the pelts for a pretty penny.

12. - Top - End - #132

Jack

It can go worse for a first job, Jack says to himself.

(off we go then! To the town!)

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Erik
    Now I see why these "crazy" trappers risk life and limb.. That's a LOT of dollars, and we've just earned a healthy cut. Well, Chinak did most of the 'earning' but i'm pleased we all helped.
    I lean towards Jack and joke,
    "No idea where that airman went, what with the chaos of battle I didn't really see; but i'm glad he's not here to take his cut! We can get some new kit with this. So you lookin for anyone particular in DC?"
    And continue to make conversation with him until we get back to the oxymoronic 'Civilisation' (where I intend to give myself first aid (1d100)[63])

14. - Top - End - #134

Jack

Hauling his share of gecko carcass, Jack answers.

"I still prefer a town with a good tavern in shouting distance. I'm a through-and-through city kid. But still you're right. As long as we're not clawed, bit, or stomped by the wildlife I can see the good side of working as a trapper."

Jack then think for a bit

"No, I guess I'm not looking for someone in particular in DC. That's why I come to DC, so I can have that 'someone in particular' to look for... If that make any sense to you.

Because now I think about it... It don't really make sense anymore to me. I guess that's why you shouldn't make any travel plan when you're drunk and in volatile emotional condition. But I'm here right now. As someone used to say. 'If life give you lemon, thank god that you have some food!' Or something."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

The trip back to town was rather uneventful. The added weight makes the trip a bit more of a workout, but otherwise it was safe (if thirsty). By the time you get back, the sun is setting. Erik's attempt at giving himself first aid doesn't go so well, but the wound didn't get any worse. You guys will need to unload the eggs to get the profits. Might want to check the restaurants, the bed and breakfast, or even the bar.

16. - Top - End - #136

Jack

"So... this is it I guess?" He said to Erik and Chinak. "Let's go to the bar to cash our gecko carcass. And then we can have some drink. On me. Heh, maybe this happens daily for you chinak, but surviving crazy gecko attack deserved some good drink for me. And we didn't meet any other hungry wildlife on our way home! Maybe your luck is changing for once.

Take it as my apology for the.. friendly fire accident, Chinak.

And maybe we can chat about life, universe, and everything as we drink. Or maybe just about life around here. I'm not exactly from these part of the wastes."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-05 at 06:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

Erik

(OOC- my first aid skill is at 68%, so I'd have thought that I would've succeeded in treating myself, unless there are modifiers in play i'm unaware of? Also, please see OOC thread as i'll be absent until next sunday)

Visibly exhausted from the effort of carrying the carcasses and suffering a slight post-adrenal come down, I'm enthusiastic with Jack's idea to go for a drink.
    "Why not take this haul to the bar and trade for all the dollars they have; then sink a few cold ones to celebrate! If they're skint we can try the restaurant or the trading post too, I could do with some more bullets soon."
    I allow a hint of a swagger into my stride as we walk victoriously back into town.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-OOC- Did we take the Anvil to? If not I'll change part of this post.

Chinak Moran

Chinak actually visibly brightens at the words 'maybe your lucks beginning to change.' Could he actually hope for that? Sure he got shot...but honestly that was Jacks fault more than him wasn't it? Wow...maybe this is what he has been searching for all this time, some people to help change his luck. Chinak smiles broadly, showing some of his chipped teeth. "Heh, sounds perfect to me either way, though if we try selling I might wanna stay outside till the price is finalized since my luck is famous around these parts already and they might assume there's something wrong with all the stuff. Though god DAMN, lets see if we can sell this Anvil first would ya?" Chinak drops it, dodging out of the way quickly before it hits his foot, and wipes off the sweat on his brow and shakes out his arms.

He pops a few joints and stretches some, though unfortunately while stretching forward his sledgehammer slips and lands on his foot. "Ow...*some words in chinese, most likely cursing*. Anyway, I'll give ya any info I know about the surrounding area, and maybe a few about my travels to. I gotta warn ya though, I have had a tendency to stay away from cities for kinda obvious reasons...I don't like lynch mobs, so most of my info is about the nature around here and my old tribe's practices, though honestly that stuff can come in pretty handy if you can figure it out without getting hurt hehe."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - yes you brought the anvil back. Erik failed due to trying to do it while moving, or are you waiting untily ou get back to attempt it? That should succeed.

Toothy gives a friendly slap on Chinak's back. "I think the best place to unload some of these is at Momma Attakin's Bed and Breakfast. She always pays nice money for some eggs. She won't need them all, but she always pays on time so I always give her the first pick. After we unload allt he eggs, stick around and I'll show you hwo to skin geckos ok? Or if you don't want to, I can show one of your friends instead."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-OOC- Umm, I have NO idea what you said in your ooc...oh well.

Chinak Moran

Chinak smiles "Nah, show me as well. Its always nice to be more knowledgable. I gotta wonder though, how's your bud doing? He going to be all right? He wasn't looking so hot in the cave."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - I was responding to two things. Erik tried to first aid himself.

Toothy points over to the Bed and Breakfast. "Momma Attakin's husband is also a competent doctor. He can help my friend. Well, after we unload all the eggs, meet me in the tavern again and I'll teach ya."

22. - Top - End - #142

Jack

"So... I guess we have to haul these smelly carcasses for another couple of hours."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-06 at 06:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak looks increddously at Jack for a few seconds while resting a foot on the anvil. "Your kidding right? Your actually going to stand there and whine about those gecko carcasses in front of me while I've lugged this thing around?" Chinak kicks the Anvil, unfortunately with the toe he hurt earlier and grimaces and says that chinese word again.

After he's finished umm...'expressing' himself, he gives a derisive laugh. "Tell you what, if you don't want to mess with the stinky old carcasses I'd gladly take them off your hands if you'd lug this hunk of metal around." Chinak holds his hand to one ear as if listening. "Huh? Whats that? Nevermind? Yea, that's what I thought. Now, does anybody have any earthly idea where we can sell this hunk of metal? I don't know if the local blacksmith still has the one from the LAST time one fell from the sky, but maybe he'd want another one...or someone else might to compete with him anyway."

24. - Top - End - #144

Jack

"Er.. Sorry, the smell of these things kinda screw my senses. Anyway, why we have to haul these things outside, under the sun? Let's just wait for Toothy in the gecko nest. I mean the bar of course, not that stinkhole.

I'm sure he won't mind another couple of dead geckos on his floor.

To the Drinks, my friends!"

Jack leads two of his new friends to the gecko nest. "Don't need any outdoorsy experience to find that bar again, right?"

OOC: Sorry for not posting for this long, I was kinda confused. Eh, Toothy and co have all the eggs right? Now we just have to wait for them in the tavern?
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-09 at 06:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak's eyes begin to twitch as he bends over and has to lift the heavy anvil and carry it with them to the bar. He yells at the others "I'm going to go looney toons on somebody's ass with this thing if I have to carry it much farther. When can we frickin get RID of this thing anyway, its making me nervous. I'm afraid its going to start attracting some of its friends and I'll have to take cover in a cave somewhere or something."

-OOC- Um, I think we have to sell our stuff on our own actually...well at least the anvil at any rate, but yes, I suppose we have to wait on Toothy and Co. to teach us how to skin gecko's before we can really sell those.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

ooc it's up to you guys. Do you want to rp out selling of the egg and anvil? In my games I have people roll against their Barter to see how much of a discount they might get.

27. - Top - End - #147

OOC: Ah, that explain things! I thought we're only get paid by toothy, and toothy got all the eggs! Or... we really didin't get any eggs? Well, we can't sell the gecko skin yet.

Jack

"Alright, I'll accompany you. I think someone said that the town blacksmith would pay a good price for it?

Let's check the town blacksmith first then before we wasted ourselves. If you want, I'll help you negotiate your payment. "

(if, we have any egg)

"After that backbreaking anvil gone then we sell the eggs"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-10 at 08:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

Jack

41 bullet left. I guess I don't need to buy them yet. But I'm so going to buy some flare. Lesson learned...
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-12 at 12:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

At the smithy, you see a short bearded man doing some work. He looks sweaty and as he sees Chinak carrying the anvil, he laughs and says, "Another anvil, O Unlucky One?" On the ground in his workshop are 4 anvils, looking very much like the one Chinak is carrying.

30. - Top - End - #150

Jack

Jack grins and whisper to his tribal friend.

"I don't understand why do you work as a trapper if you could make a good living from these things. Now, let me try something."

He pushes the tip of his hat and gives his most charming smile to the blacksmith.

Before Chinak could say anything, Jack moves forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

Charisma
    (1d10)[2] against 7

"Greeting sir. I see that you and my friend here are old acquintance. No wonder why Chinak kept saying that he only want to sell his precious metal here to you.

My name is Marlowe, Jack Marlowe, and we found this shiny anvil in our travel.

We can do a lot of things using that much of good iron. But Chinak said, Jack, we're on travel now and I know someone who need good quality iron more than us.

I said, oh well. It's yours anyway. And I guess a busy smithy like this, I should say, the only smithy in this busy town, would need a lot of metal.

So, how much do you want to pay for this beautiful anvil that you might use for.. whatever a blacksmith use an anvil for, my good man? A blacksmith in your caliber could easily turn this into more valuable things, and I know you won't ran out of customer as the only smith in this town."

Jack nods and smiles and hoping that he's not looking as dumb as he thought.

Spoiler
    Show

Speech
    (1d100)[34] against 55

Barter
    (1d100)[82] against 28

OOC: I hope that's not as stupid as I thought, guys
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-12 at 08:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show