New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Project Nucleus

The blacksmith rubs his bald head and sighs. "Well, I could always use more metal I suppose, but I dunno where he keeps finding these. But, as long as there's nothing wrong the the metal, I'll take it. 200 dollars, just like last time."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

<OOC: Sorry If I'm posting this here because nobody read the ooc thread anyway. But where's everyone? I like this game too much to let it withers>
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

<ooc> I have no idea where everyone is. I would like to continue as well.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Erik[

Hey guys, have I missed anything? I went for a leak out of town and must've got a little disorientated.
    Say how much did this guy offer you for this anvil? Because I sure haven't seen as good an alloy as this in ages! What do you think sir? Cast beautifully and work hardened by the looks of it, I'd be a happy blacksmith to own an anvil like that :) (1d100)[61] against 55% Barter.
    When we've finished here I could definately do with a beer. And after shifting the Gecko's and learning a bit of skinning, I think we should have a look for that golden egg toothy spoke about before- then we could really tool up before heading to DC. What do you all recon?
    Wheron of which one cannot speak, thereon one must be silent.

5. - Top - End - #155

Jack

"I don't actually recall any golden egg. And I really don't want to deal with those lizard again, not this fast. I actually prefer if we try to get closer to DC, or at least try to find a job that do not involve homicidal giant lizard.

But hmm... Cash. You're right, Doc. And maybe we can get more information and tool.

Chinak, you'll come with us right? Ah, and actually, we were planning to go to the big city later. Do you want to tag along for some more time?"
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

The blacksmith picks up the anvil and examines it closely. "It's just as beautifully crafted as last time. In fact, it seems exactly the same. There's gotta be some factory pumping these things out or something...but my price stands. 200 dollars for the anvil."

7. - Top - End - #157

Jack

Jack quickly change his charming smile expression into his usual face and shrugs to his friends.

"Well, at least we're trying"

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

The blacksmith takes the anvil and sets it down next to the many others identical to it. "Here's your money. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do." From behind you all, you hear Toothy calling out to you.

9. - Top - End - #159

Jack

"Toothy's back. Now we can get rid of these carcasses. Too bad, I'm getting fond of them"

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

ooc where is everyone? Is Fri and I the only ones left?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC- Err, I had a problem with something called Hurricane Ike. Heck, I'm STILL having trouble, this isn't my comp I'm posting on.

Chinak Moran

Chinaks nervously quiet in the blacksmith shop, and constantly rubs his head and looking up. When toothy calls, he seems only to happy to leave the shop "Right, now lets get going! Two hundred's just fine, though I might be leaving soon so you probably should enjoy this last little anvil...cause I'll probably be to far to drag it back" Chinak gives a nervous smile before he leaves and goes to where toothy's callin.
    I'm back, and hopefully I'll finally be able to stay !!!
    ...why is everyone all of a sudden screaming at this news?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - Welcome back, Niasen

Toothy waves y'all over to follow him. He has a wicked-looking knife in his hand. "Let's sit-down at a nice table in the bar. Now, the trick is to use a really sharp knife like this combat knife I got here. You'll want to work quickly, and not get too much of the blood let out. If we hurry, after we skin 'em we can also sell the meat for a little bit of profit. Gecko on'a stick is much like iguana on a stick, except it gets really dry and tough if you let all the blood out."

He shows all of you how to skin geckos, and then will let you practice on one of the regular geckos.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-09-30 at 02:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak manages to skin one gecko without to much trouble, but on the second one, one of the gecko's that he smashed, he apparently had ripped some skin without noticing with his hammer, so his knife slipped out quicker than he expected. Because his hands were so slippery from the blood and gunk from the gecko's, he lost control of the knife, and it shot out of his hand to knock into a nearby beer bottle shattering it, sending several glass shards towards his unprotected face. The knife then kept going on an erratic pathway to go outside a nearby window where suddenly a meaty thunk is heard and a dog yelps.

Chinak, small pieces of glass stuck in his face including just inside his nose where his sensitive scar is, just sighs and says "Right...now WHY did I expect anything different to happen?"

14. - Top - End - #164

Jack

Covered in more sweat and gecko blood than what he think he like, Jack smiles and wipes his forehead.

"Well, thanks toothy. I think this will be handy if I found a dead gecko somewhere in the desert...

Anyway..." he says as he skin the gecko. "Do you have any plan after this, Chinak? Me and Doc here were planning to go to the DC after this. From what I heard, that place isn't too friendly. And...

Ah shucks, who am I bullcraping now. Actually, that place sounds scary and I think three people are better than two, especially if the third one is a big, scarry, experienced warrior."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-10-07 at 12:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak, slowly picking out glass shards from his face, responds in a bit of a forced voice caused most likely from the act of removing the glass than any emotions to the question. "Yea, assuming that wasn't *pluck* ow, some uber super mutants dog I just hit outside who wants a word with me with a mini nuke or something, it'd probably be a good idea to give this town a break from my bad luck, so what the hell. Besides, if the place is as bad or worse than what you seem to think it is, least my luck will either be the par of the area or will go generally unnoticed by the populace who'll just think that the chaos and destruction are just life as usual."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - Shall we wait for Kalev?

17. - Top - End - #167

OOC: Well, I have no real objection.

Jack
    "Do we have any place where we can buy ammunition or tools here? After our near-disastrous encounter and Toothy's beautiful payment, I'd like to buy some things. Like, a flashlight. And some flare..."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-10-08 at 02:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

You have seen a trading post/general store on the way into town.

19. - Top - End - #169

Jack

"Right. For now let's just celebrate our first success and make our pre-travel toast. Even the most hard boiled detective drink booze after a successful investigation. They call it 'drowning the harshness of real life' or 'trying to blur themselves from reality' or something like that though...

Spoiler
    Show

Later, jack notices the general store and buy a few things.

Huh. Later for the details. I'll update the character sheet too

I guess now we wait until the party members are complete.
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-10-10 at 01:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak has finished taking the glass out of his face and is rubbing the spots gently to try and find any other pieces left. "Yea, that sounds pretty nice. But just going to say I'm not getting drunk. Nothin personal against you guys mind you, hell it'd probably be fun...buuuttt there's been some incidents when I was drunk that don't bear repeating...EVER. However I'll take a FEW drinks as long as they're not bombers of some sort. Oh, I also need to get that knife back to Toothy." Chinak gets up and goes outside to find his knife, and assuming anything ELSE doesn't happen to him, he'll head out with the others.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing bad happens (as far as Chinak knows) and each of you present at the skinning learns the Perk "Gecko Skinning." you now know how to skin Geckos for their pelts, which fetch a decent price in most places! You have also gained one Golden Pelt and 2 Silver Pelts.

22. - Top - End - #172

[ooc]Why I heard the Legend of zelda 'got item' song when I read that post[/ooc]

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

[ooc] CHinak and Jack can head up to DC by themselves. It's not like without a group of 4 you guys will die immediately. You just gotta pick your fights more carefully.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-OOC- Right, sure, whatever. but Unfortunately Chinak's not the one on the timetable here, so somebody else has got to suggest when to go *hint hint* since he doesn't really care where he is. But whenever your ready just automatically assume Chinak agree's to leave. (Yes, I'm being lazy, but I got papers to write for college, and I'm thinking about starting a freeform zombie game)

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - I think it's time for me to introduce a more important NPC to the game. Someone to get you guys a little more motivated.

26. - Top - End - #176

<ooc>wait, wait. THe reason I'm not posting much is because I'm rather confused on what to do next. Do we wait for other PC? Or we set up to DC, where the remaining player npc-ing the other PC? Who are the remaining players anyway(do hyden's character is still here)?

I was just planning to continue our journey to DC, when you said you want to introduce an important NPC. Uhm... are we going to meet him in the town? So that means we're not going to go to DC yet?

Uh... the summary... We're supposed to go to DC now or not?

Heh. Thanks for not abandoning this game Frosty. Group hug guys?</ooc>
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-10-16 at 02:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Jack

The young detective checks his revolver and pays his bill.

Faris, I always want to brood about foxy flirty femme fatalle, dust that rained down from the skies like frozen tears of fallen angel, and how death fell upon the mysterious stranger like the closing door of toilet stalls...

But now I'm just... a kid that loves to talk too much for his own good...

But I will make you proud. I'll make them pay.

And as monologue goes, that wasn't too bad.

"I guess this is the time. We want to reach DC before dark."

He swipes his long coat, pull his fedora down, and strides toward the city exit with his newfound friends.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chinak Moran

Chinak is barely paying attention to anything in the shop other than avoiding accidentally breaking things and then having to buy them. Upon hearing Jack he grunts an acknowledgement and gets ready to leave.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

<ooc> sorry for the delay. I will put up a post after work Monday evening. Had a busy weekend. I will likely introduce an NPC which will giveyou a plot-hook into DC.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

As you two leave, you see someone stumble into town...a man. He looks to be dehydrated, in bad health, and is naked from the waist up. Before he makes it too far in, he falls onto the ground flat on his face, gasping.