New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Strangers in Paradise: A games of Fates. (Fate 2e, to be exact.)

Somewhere in the eastern reaches of the Dohiri
    A young girl skips up to the top of a lonely island, the seagulls whirring around her as the salt sprays whip her fragile form, hidden under a white floral dress. As she reaches the top, she sings a glorious tune as the seagulls fly ever closer. At first her song is just a hummed melody, but by the second stanza she burst into lyrics, her crystal voice piercing the briny sea air. :
    "A man from the past, an ancient knight,
    walks by She whose touch blooms roses of white.
    "

Tanis, port-capital of Mapanos
    A young woman in the light green robe of an apprentice Druidess walks through the gates nonchalantly, her face free of cares, yet her mind full of worries. She walks as if she knows the cobbled streets of the bustling city by heart, yet she tries her best to escape the notice of old friends, old enemies, and even worse: Old relatives. At her feet a lean grey wolfhound lopes, sniffing in the myriad smells of the city and reveling in the disturbance his wild appearance causes. Beside her, a tall figure hidden by a cloak walks forward purposefully, yet from the dark eyes that peek out under the wide-brimmed hat one would be perplexed, as he stares so intently at nothing at all...

An unknown location in the far south of the Dohiri
    A beautiful woman dressed in a form-hugging grey shift, her dark-toned skin betraying her encroaching age with minor wrinkles. (Yet these make her no less of a ravishing beauty.) She chants over a cauldron, the pungent fumes wafting up past her nose and up to the rainforest canopy.
    At first her chant is just a hummed melody, but by the second stanza she bursts into lyrics, her husky voice susurring through the trees:
    "A mighty warrior from the northern lands,
    striding by one of the Wanderer's Hands.

Tanis, the docks this time
    A man in the weather-worn clothes of a seasoned traveler steps of the deck of a 3-masted brig from the land of gods, Aglaia. As he pays the captain of the ship, a brooch on his tunic carved with the insignia of Maramros, the Traveler god of the Aglaians, flashes in the sunlight. Upon seeing this, the captain politely refuses his payment, and bows to the priest-wanderer.
    Next to him stands a massive hulk of a man, a barbarian from the northlands, whose steely glares silences the whispers of the crowds of gawking dockers.

The far west of the Dohiri, in a mountain cave on a craggy island
    An old and wizened crone in a shift of blackest silk crouches over a pool of icy mountain snowmelt, her decrepit eyes seeing things unseen as she recites an ancient poem. At first her poem is just a hummed melody, but by the second stanza she bursts into lyrics, her crackling voice echoing between the mountains:
    "The last of their number, was a fear-ridden lad,
    who knew not what a role these heroes had.
    "

Somewhere is the Dohiri.
    A young man stands on the deck of a ship, his well-wrought armour glinting as he sets out from land. His hand on the tiller trembles, and tears well up in his eyes, yet he turns back not once, as to see the land of his youth again would be too much pain to bear.

A female figure lies naked in a pool of growing blood. She wears only a white face mask with an expression of inhuman pain upon it, her features contorted in a grim rictus of sadness and anger. A man is strange clothes stands above her, others like him outside the door, as he lowers the strange fire-stick that caused the mortal blow. He turns around and says to his men: "We go. There is nothing else left for us here."
    Then they march away, bloody boots staining the white, pure glacial snow.
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-25 at 04:35 AM.
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Strangers in Paradise: A games of Fates. (Fate 2e, to be exact.)

Sage stood just tall enough that Linden could brush her fingertips against his head as they walked. She needed the frequent contact, because the city unnerved her. Her feet were bare against the cobblestones. They didn't cause her physical pain, but being separated from the earth by a manmade barrier made her feel lost. And yet once I thought nothing of living like this.... if it could be called living....

She threaded her way through the streets, headed towards the home of one of the city's sages. He was not the most renowned of the historians of the city, but he was the only one who had no ties to her father and could possibly be persuaded to keep her secret. Or perhaps, if the gods were with her, he might not recognize her at all.

She did not glance back at her companion. She didn't have to look to feel him behind her--a blankness in the chaotic life of the city. He frightened her. Not so much in himself, but for what he represented. Nothing but the most severe danger would have dragged him from his barrow. And I have no idea what the gods expect of us!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nemain adjusted the hat on his bare scalp and tried not to stare at the scenes unfolding on the city streets. It was so unusual - he had a feeling of novelty, of change, but nothing in the back of his mind to correlate it with. Like deja vu, but - not the same. Not at all.

He smiled, and let himself take a furtive look around the street, tipping the brim of the hat low. It's been so long. The presence of other people kicked off something inside him - a feeling that his thoughts were taking root, that the vagueness he dealt with daily was edging backwards.

Leaning in low, he spoke in what he thought was a whisper to Linden, "This person we're going to see - how far away is he?" He halfheartedly wished that the man would be absent, or would take a long time to help them. If it weren't for the graveness of the situation, he could stand here for hours.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-06-25 at 11:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Not far," Linden said in a low voice. "But I'm not taking the most direct route."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Calix bows his head to the captain in thanks, then says a blessing for the man, his crew, and his ship. He turns to the barbarian next to him and motions for the young man to follow him. "Come along then and we'll see if we can't find someone that knows a little more about your people."

Calix takes off down the dock, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick. He glances around idly, apparently used to the city and thus not finding anything of particular interest. Occassionally checking to make sure the young man is keeping up with him, he heads towards the marketplace.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-06-25 at 09:57 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: Okay, I'm going to invoke minor challenges now, just to represent the difficulties associated with your characters being in Tanis at the current time. Please make these checks in the order that I have given them to you guys. (Mainly, this means Sharikov should do his before happyturtle.)

@Sharikov: I'm negatively invoking your Bound to the Land aspect (Th one that most represents your...odd nature. You can pay one of your three Fate points to blend in with the crowd, or gain a Fate point by being noticed as wierd/gawped at/your robe slips off/something not at all subtle. (You can decide the negative effect that occurs if you choose to gain a Fate point.)

@happyturtle: Okay, I'm assuming that your knowledge of the city needs no check, but avoiding the notice of your family will require a Static Challenge of your stealth skill. The difficulty is Average, but if Nemain gets noticed (See above.) the difficulty goes up to Fair. The challenge uses the standard ladder on page 10 of the book. If you ever get an MoF of 2, you lose a success. And an MoF of 3 or more means you are noticed by a relative or friend.
    Make three rolls per post, with a short bit of narration after each one, explain the results of the roll in IC terms. Rolling is done by rolling 4d6, and treating 5-6's as "+"'s and 1-2's as "-"'s. See the book for more information.

@Ipphli and MatrimC: Read the above for ideas about how to roll. You guys can take turns rolling twice using your "Area Knowledge", "Search", "Spot", or "Charm" skills, describing after every roll how you used that skill. Don't use the same skill twice in the one post. Difficulty is Mediocre and if any of you get an MoF of 3 or more, you get waylaid by a bunch of thugs. Any questions?

Good luck!
    Altharis))

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

(4d6)[1][4][5][1](11)

Stepping down the landing bridge from the boat, Bothvar eyes the colourful people around the dock just like searching for something. "I sure value what you're doing, but I still can't figure out what's in it for you. You can't be helping me out just for the sake for it, can you."

(4d6)[6][5][1][1](13)

Bothvar adjusts the broad sword on his back as he imagines spotting something at the corner of his eye. He feels how drips of sweat slide between his hand and the grip of the sword. He has never felt himself natural in big crowds.

(OOC: Doing the rolls right?)

8. - Top - End - #8

Spoiler
    Show

I'll gain the point, unless Happyturtle is vehemently opposed.

Leaning over to speak, Nemain didn't notice the big man coming from the side until it was too late. Apparently the man weren't paying too much attention to him, either, because he was knocked sprawling, one hand pressed hard to the ground to keep himself up. His hat flew off and skidded among the feet of the nearby walkers, who kicked it still further. Nemain dived after it, but he already knew it was too late - he could hear whispers spreading through the crowd, and almost feel the gawping stares and glances of those he was moving amidst.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Linden's heart sank as she heard the commotion. Quickly, quickly... out of sight... She recovered Nemain's hat and handed it to him, then ducked down a side alley, trying to avoid the notice of the crowd.

Spoiler
    Show

Sneak (4d3)[2][2][3][1](8)
    Sneak is Fair, MoS 0

The voices behind them die down as the crowd's interest moves on to other things. That was close. Too close.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-06-27 at 12:36 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[6]

Calix glances at the barbarian and smiles. "If you must, think of it as a sworn duty. But to be honest, helping you will help continue my quest. Perhaps later we can discuss it in more detail." Calix approaches a wool merchant that had been trying to get their attention and attempts to discover where there might be a mapmaker or historian nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[5]

Calix nods his thanks to the merchant before heading back down the street, attempting to remember where the nearest temple or shrine to Maramros is in this large town.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Are you hurt?" Linden asked her companion. "I should have avoided the crowds."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak (4d3)[2][2][2][2](8)
    Sneak is Fair, MoS 0

As Linden continues to lead her companions through the city, she sees a man just turning the corner ahead. The set of his shoulders... it could have been her father's seneschal. She wasn't sure. But he hadn't seen her. She was certain of that. He had been turned away from her, and now he was out of sight.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-06-27 at 12:25 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC:
    @happyturtle: In the first roll, (Please make three rolls per post!) you only gained an MoS of 0. You forgot that your 1 and your 3 canceled out.

@Ipphli and MatrimC: See the recruitment thread for comments on your rolling. You have together acheived a MoS of 2, one of 1, and two MoF's of -1. Luckily, you guys don't get a penalty for small MoF's.))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-27 at 12:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    3rd Sneak roll that I should have done all in one post:

(4d3)[1][1][2][2](6) MoF 2

Plus next 3 Sneak rolls:
    (4d3)[2][3][1][2](8) MoS 0
    (4d3)[1][2][2][3](8) MoS 0
    (4d3)[1][3][1][3](8) MoS 0

(Both boxes of MoS 1 are checked off now, correct? And be patient! I can't add the text on the first pass. I have to post first to see how the rolls turn out.)

As they continued to weave through the city, they came near one of the exits towards the inland. Linden could smell the forest on a gust of wind. Her body wanted to take her that way. It hated the city. Her feet even took a step in that direction. Linden reminded herself of her duty and turned her back to the forest as they moved on.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-06-27 at 12:46 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC:
    @Happyturtle: I won't make you roleplay those rolls, but next post please put some text after every roll. That first roll is an MoF of 2, so subtract your lowest success (A MoS 0), and the other three are MoS 0's. All told, you've filled four of the 9 boxes on the challenge.

EDIT: The first roll is an MoF of -2. This means that you have filled in both the 0 and the 1 boxes, and no others.

EDIT2: You've got it perfectly right. Good job.))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-27 at 12:48 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bothvar bumps shoulders against a merchant and just when the merchant was about to say something, Bothvat turns his head and with a stare over his shoulders silences the middle aged man. "I think you are wasting your time", Bothvar snaps at the wanderer walking ahead of him and tapping his quaterstaff against the groud annoyingly on each of his step. "Only one who could ever help me to find my people, would be one of our elders or the ship captain's."

Bothvar graps an apple from a fruit stand and takes a big bite from it's shiny surface. God I feel hungry...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC:Good job guys, but remember to keep making rolls. These challenges shouldn't take too much of our precious game time. Though try to time your rolls so that you both reach a conclusion (positive or negative) at the same time, if you can.

EDIT: Also: Sorry if I'm being a little nitpicky. I often get that way with games I'm excited about. I so want this game to live!))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-27 at 06:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d3)[1][1][2][2](6) MoF 2
    (4d3)[1][2][3][2](8) MoS 0
    (4d3)[3][2][1][2](8) MoS 0

Taking me (I think) to one tick marked off on solid

Sorry I'm at work now, so flavour text will have to come later. (after 5pm GMT)

Linden continues to weave through the crowds of the city (Um... I'm having a hard time thinking of creative ways to write about sneaking around the city! )
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-06-27 at 11:50 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak sneak sneak: (4d3)[3][1][3][3](10) MoS 2
    (4d3)[1][1][1][1](4) MoF 4
    (4d3)[2][1][3][2](8) MoS 0

Okay, did I just run headlong into my brother or something?
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-06-27 at 11:56 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

charm
    (4d3)[3][1][1][1](6)

Spoiler
    Show

spot
    (4d3)[3][3][1][1](8)

Calix sighs as he turns to look at Bothvar. "Perhaps. But the captain didn't know anything, and I don't see any of your elders around. So we'll have to try something else. And I suggest you stop taking things without paying for them unless you want to wind up in jail. Then you'd never get home." Calix smiles at the fruit vendor and flips him a coin to cover the apple as he strikes up a conversation with the man. He attempts to find out whether they are any closer to a mapmaker or historian. He occasionally glances around to see if he can see any sign of one himself.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC:
    @Ozzymindous: See the recruitment thread for an explanation, but for game purposes your two posts are going to have to be ignored for now. You've also committed a few errors in posting.
    1) Never, ever add modifiers to a roll in such a granular game by yourself. Fudge dice are very granular and the slightest modifier unbalances the roll greatly. I gave Linden a -1 from the added difficulty of covering up for Nemain and look what happens? She bumps into her own brother!
    2) Please read the part of the book on skills, as you seem to be having trouble understanding the concept that with any ranks in a skill, the skill defaults to -1. Each rank over this gives +1.
    3) Please put a little bit more effort into post length, and most of all legibility. I know that this is an international community, yet I have not see any proof that your first language is not english. I also believe (as a bilingual person myself) that with enough time taken to write carefully most typos can be avoided. Sorry if I'm being abit too nitpicky, though. See my above post.

@happyturtle: MoF of 4? Good gods, that's horrible! You do bump into your own brother. The one who always wanted you to marry that duke as he was best friends with his son. Ever since you broke the marriage off the duke has severed all ties to your family. He is righteously pissed. Good luck trying to get out of this one! (It's alright, though. Narrative insurance says you get to escape. It never says when, or after how much hardship though...) I'll narrate the exchange between you two soon, unless you particularly want to do that.

@Ipphli: Your first roll is an MoF of one. The 3 cancels out one of the 1's, and your skill bonus cancels out another, but one 1 still remains. The second is an MoS of 0.))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-27 at 07:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Sorry.., Stopped rolling after I understood only to roll twice in a post. . I'm still a little confused how we can react on the rolls since we can't see the result until posting the post. Do we have to use only those skills you give us, or can we get creative?)

(4d3)[3][3][1][2](9)
    Search +1

Bothvar finishes his newly acquired apple quickly and throws the leftover down an alley where few rats scare off the sudden movement. His eyes stray along the street in search of a sword working for the law."Few guards and few bars don't hold me long if at all. But for your sake I'll keep a low profile. I surely wouldn't want to cause your death just 'cause you're helping me", Bothvar says and gives a little grin at Calix.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d3)[3][3][3][3](12)
    Area knowledge +0

"This town is really something. The bars here must have really great dishes and ale", Botvar steers his view over most of the bypassers head as he raises above half an head of most of the citizens. Several wooden signs swing gently from the breeze coming from the sea. Most of the shops down the street sell mostly anything made of dead animals, food or clothes. But two intresting signs cross Bothvar's sight and he reads them aloud: "Caeran's Bookshop and Magic Emporium. Calix hey... You think you could run into any maps in either one of those."
    Last edited by MatrimC; 2008-06-27 at 07:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC:
    @MatrimC: You can edit your post to react to the rolls, as it doesn't change the rolls themselves. You could get creative...PM me with what you have in mind. It won't be needed, though, as you have just won the challenge! Actually, you haven't (Your Area knowledge is a -1 mod, not a +0!), but you rolled damn well and happyturtle has come to a conclusion in her challenge, so you guys might as well finish too.))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-27 at 07:39 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere in the City of Tanis

After a few minutes of fruitless searching, Calix and Bothvar begin to lose hope, as their legs become tired of walking and their purses become empty by bribing their way through the city streets.
    Calix is about to open his mouth to suggest taking a rest, but then Bothvar says: "Look! That place's sign is a book! Does that mean we can find knowledge there?"
    Calix's head sharply turns to view past Bothvar's meaty pointing finger. "Caerac's Bookstore and Curio Emporium..." He reads. "Yes, this might just do the trick. After you, my good man." He muses, holding the door to the shop open as he does so.
    As they enter the shop, both Calix and Bothvar (Especially Bothvar!) are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of...well, stuff that clutters this place: Rickety book shelves stacked in triple rows of well-thumbed pamphlets and novels, the entire edifice being only held up by an old box with a hole inexpertly cut into the top and "2 crowns a dip. No refunds." neatly written on the front, rickety stands propping up a variety of beaded and feathered talismans and charms, the moth-eaten pelt of a northern Eisbaer hanging from the ceiling, rusted graven ceremonial daggers hang precariously from a low chandelier, etc. etc. As Calix and Bothvar proceed walking down the narrow path between the layers of "curios", a small man's head pokes out from behind one of the bookshelves and says in a crisp tone: "And what would you... gentlemen be pursuing this very day?"

((OOC:
    @MatrimC and Ipphli: After talking to this strange little man, you may make some sort of check to find something valuable or useful in this mess. Tell me what skill you are using (should be somewhat relevant) and make a roll and I'll tell you what you find. (Literacy finds a useful book, Appraise finds something with a good resale value, Pickpocket grabs something without having to pay, Search or Spot finds something in good condition, etc. etc.) Only one roll per character.

@happyturtle: I'll narrate Linden's exchange with her brother later.
    ))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-28 at 09:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

search
    (4d3)[3][2][1][3](9)

At the man's words, Calix turns and smiles at the man. "A little of this, a little of that. Everyone we asked said this would be the place. What do you have pertaining to the barbarians to the north?"
    Calix glances around, seeing if anything catches his eye.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bothvar eyes around in awe of all the err... stuff stacked in this small room. As Calix and the shopkeeper focus their attention to each others, Bothvar passes them both and advances towards the back of the room, gasping at all the seemingly valuable items hanging on a northside wall. Shopkeeper's voice turns already a mumble as Bothvar finds an antique box lying on a wooden table. He gives a small nudge on the lid but it doesn't open, locked.

Bothvar looks back at his companion and notices the two of them still at converstation, shopkeeper's back towards him. What a perfect opportunity for Bothvar to find out what's so important to be locked inside this precious looking antique box left alone in the shop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lockpicking I

(4d3)[3][3][3][2](11)
    Last edited by MatrimC; 2008-06-29 at 01:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show

@Altharis: Is there someway that Nemain can notice the approach of Linden's brother? Either through her reaction, or just by perceiving someone in the crowd intent on them.

@Altharis, Happyturtle: I'm thinking about causing a big, dramatic distraction - or appealing to the crowd and involving your brother in some way. This gives you the chance to slip away, but what I imagine it'll also mean is that your family is now actively looking for you, and even that they might encounter you on turf that's in your favour. Hell, you could even go see your parents before your brother gets back to them. This will mean that you don't get to sort out this dialogue right now, though, so it's obviously your prerogative.

Plus, it gives me the opportunity to get lost or in a fight (and y'know, possibly killed, but we'll skim over that) in the city.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caerac's Bookstore and Curio Emporium
    The little man buts down a book, sighs and then leaps off a rickety stool and lands semi-nimbly in the middle of the narrow walkway. Calix now notices that he is quite short, his body out of natural human proportions. He wears a small red waistcoat over a tunic and pantaloons, garments which do not seem to cause him to sweat despite the typical heat of a Mapanan day. He mutters to himself as he walks closer, lifting his spectacles to rubs his eyes in a tired manner, and then settling them back on his nose again. As he approaches Calix, he eyes him up and down, as if to size him up in some arcane terms, then stops and says: "I might have something of the sort, yesss... Now you tell me, what is a Wanderer of Maramros doing with a northern Barbarian in Tanis?" As he says this, he scans the bookshelves, peering at the worn titles intensly.

As this exchange takes place, Bothvar's surprisingly deft fingers work the latch, and eventually the box comes open with a hastily-muffled click. Inside is the skull of a raven, carved with mystic swirls around the eyes and mouth, rising toward the top of the head. A faded tag attached to the skull reads: "Doranic Raven Skull, carved. Circa. 174 To do: Test for magic properties."

((OOC: Things to remember:
    1) The man is a /human/ dwarf, not a /metahuman/ one. I hope that is clear enough. This ain't no axe-sharpenin' ale-swillin' stunty!
    2)I'm changing his font to Red, as Dark Red is reserved for the guy up in first post, last paragraph.
    3)Ipphli: You have rolled saying you are using the "Search" skill, but your description is more of a use of the "Spot" skill, which you have more ranks in. Which are you using?))
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-06-30 at 06:31 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Suddenly, Sage perked up. Before Linden could stop him, he gave a short, happy bark and bounded ahead to jump up on a man.... Oh no, no, no.... It was her brother Gareth.

"Sabre?!" he said, in complete shock. Don't look around, don't see me, don't look.... She tried to duck into a market stall, but a pair of women were blocking her way. Before she could find another escape route, Gareth looked up. His eyes locked with hers.

His face turned pale, and she saw his lips shape the name 'Cory', but no sound came out. Sage was wagging his tale joyfully and trying to get Gareth's attention, but in vain. Gareth crossed the square in long, quick strides, shoving through the crowd and pushing aside anyone who didn't move out of his way. He grabbed Linden by the shoulders.

"Cory! Is it really you? Thank the gods! I thought you were dead!" He crushed her in a tight embrace, and kissed the top of her head. "Thank the gods. You're alive!"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-06-30 at 11:27 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Charm
    (4d3)[3][1][2][2](8)

And yes the previous roll was for spot, not search. My apologies.

Calix raises an eyebrow at the dwarf's blunt question, then bows his head to the man. "If you know of my order, then you know I could not refuse help to one who was lost. Which brings us back to why we are here. You have one of the largest and, I must say, most impressive collections of curios I've seen in all my travels. Tell me, how much do you know of the barbarians to the north?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bothvar's fingers grace the smooth surface of the raven's skull. Just a second or so, Bothvar stares blankly at the hollow eye sockets of the raven, just mesmorized from the carvings circling the sockets. A deep feeling... No, more of a voice succumbs from deep inner thoughts trying to reach someone to hear their call.

Just when the voices would have been loud enough to make any sense, Bothvar snaps out of it and turns his head side ways to Calix and the shopkeeper. "Did you say something to me?" As both of them didn't give any obvious answer as they were occupied their own search of the shelfs, Bothvar turns his eyes back at the raven's skull. With a quick sweep of his hand, Bothvar covers the eye sockets and closes the skull into his fist. Skull feels surprisingly sturdy as he clenches his hand around the skull. Temptation and curiosity overwhelms Bothvar and he slides the skull at his bag's pocket. "I might get good price from this later on", Bothvar thinks as he steadies the box back to it's original place and wonders back to Calix.