New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

Xam saw the new sun god get kicked. He frowned.

"Oh. So sad..." And Xam saw the darkness following the sun's path. "Balance. As friend Xiau'Hi said. Eul and me. Light and Dark. Hmm... Night and Day?"

And then Xam sat and smiled. And he looked at the animals. And he played with them to make friends for the elves. He took a dog and made the lupins from his form.And he took and ant and made the spider. And he took an elf and a dog and made the lycans. And he smiled.

Then he saw the elves and lupins and decided they needed a way for him to help even a little. And he gave a lupin the idea to pray and listen. And made the first priest.

And Xam looked sad as the lycans ran off into the woods, not wanting to come back. Except when the Moon was big. Then they came back. Or maybe those were wolves...

(7 AP = 19 - 2(Create Lupins) - 2(Create Spiders) - 3(Create Concept: Night and Day) - 2(Create Lycanthropes) -3(Create Class: Cleric and Adept))

(OOC: There ya go. I have 7 left. I hope that moved things along. Oh wait...)

(1 AP = 7ap- 3AP (Gain Portfolio Element: Sheparding (because he sees himself as the shepard of the world, creting it how he sees it must... or he'd like)) - 3 AP (Gain Domain: Animal)
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2008-06-29 at 10:30 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi awakens fully, for the first time since the creation of the playground, feeling a suddern surge of divine power. And his eyes are met with the glowing heavens, and as time passed, he viewed the empty sky, and thought aloud

"What shall fill the darkness, so that light shines for our creations?"

And with his utterence, a silver disk hung in the air, shining soft light down to the sleeping world

(Create Concept[Moon]-3, Create Land[Moon]-2{18-5=13})

But he was still awake, the powers somehow not drained from his body, and he wondered, if there is such a thing in the sky, how are our creations going to reach it? And with that he bent the soft silver light into a doorway, and placed it deep in the most primal forest, and dubbed it the Pathway of the Heavens. But with this pathway, a great payment must be given to this world, only when the day after the moon and sun merge shall this gate be open.
    (Create portal-2, {13-2=11})

He then reached unto the new land, and rested upon it, gazing down at the playground and his fellow gods work,and smiled slightly.

Here i shall stake my first claim in the new world
    (Assume Portfolio-Moon{11-2=9})

And with his work done, he returned to the void, and bowed to his fellow's.

"I ask your premission oh great lords of this playground, with humility and humbleness, for the right to govern this heavenly body"
    (Gain Domain-Moon{9-2=7})
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-06-29 at 10:42 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

The first ghast ate, it murdered and made it's sons, ghouls to plague the land, these too ate, devoured, fed, immortal, perfect in the black eyes of their maker, and each life they claimed sated his hunger a bit more.

But then, his first was killed and raised back as he was, preposterous! Untolerable! His children were attacked and undone, his hunger grew with the unlife undone, and even more with the life reborn.

Eul stirred in his dark home, and his fury corrupted the adjacent land of the material world, a great plain it was, but the grass grew ashen and the bark grew gray, and the land itself died under the sweeping touch of death.

(16= 18-1-1, Mold Land, Pestilence: Create Unholy Wasteland)

And thus, the Dead Wastes were born, and this place was a heaven for all that is undead (entire area is desecrated and unhallowed).

The dead of this place rose as undead, wildlife and sentients alike, and so would be for the rest of times.

But Eul knew he could not watch upon this heaven for long, lest his continued presence angered the greater maker, or attracted the others to the Playground, so he devised a plan.

From his dark home, Eul took the black rocks that coalesced from the cold dark, and molded six beings from these, two bats, two humanoids, and two worms, all of proportions far larger than anything similar that roamed the land, or would roam it.

Then he threw these upon his new land, and the statues took unlife in their trip, the bats lifted and screeched, the worms dug deep in the dead land, and the titanic dark humanoids stood tall, lords of all that was dead.

"You are the nightshades, the mightiest champions of shadow! The champions of unlife! The dark lords of all that walks in the dark corners of the world!"

(14= 16-2, Create population: Nightshades)

The six monsters roared and roamed the dead land.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma feeling good with his new creations, settles into his great burning void, both prison and home.

Allowing his power to simmer and grow. His power expelled around him and consumed him. He was no longer just a burning question mark. Nothing about him was the same. He had long arms around that hung from his sides, and apon his head burned an inferno, an never ending flame came out of his head. Now he had legs, so he did not float forward. His body now nothing like it had been. He was now a burning twisted form like the elves below. His flames flickered and hissed, he knew he was a Flameborn creature.
    [3 =6 - 3 Evolve Physically]

His new form brought him new found joy. He wished to share his joy with others, he brought three elves to his home, the burning Void. As the first one arrived it disenigrated at the heat around him. The second, Enigma protected with a shield against flames. But, as he showed him the great power of his new form. He broke the barrier and distroyed his new freind. The third elf as he arrived was impowered, and was born just as Enigma himself. Replicated in the flames of the burning void the creature made a multitude. A whole race.

[0 = 3 - 3 Create Life]

Seeing how they are live himself, he sent them unto the world itself. To spread their flame with others.

Enigma bellowed out "Yes, Go forth my brothers, go forth my creators of flame! The flame born!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am still working on the homebrew of this race

Edit: Changed for Grammer and such.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2008-06-29 at 11:19 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #35

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Tia, I need a name to put in the Races block...

Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli sees this new race, how it could withstand the heat of his fiery gift. As the one who fashioned him went off, he found them and taught them of the world's rejection to his advances. "I do not yet know what it is called, but I was struck by the beauty of this land. And it would not return my passion for it."

If they would like, he leads them to the place of the scar he left on the world; to live within its truth.

[1 = 2 - 1 Teach populous; working towards Unrequited Love]
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-01 at 07:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

(OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can appreciate a god of unrequitted love. I'm like Charlie Brown. The same little red headed girl has sent me to the Relationship thread with tears for the past few years.

Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul, back in his home, felt the worship of his new sons, and he felt his hunger lessening.

"Hmm..."

And so, the worship fed the dark god.

(10 = 14-2-2, Gain Portfolio element and Domain, Undeath)

And with this, his form shifted, and the consuming shadow expanded, it took on a slender shape, both humanoid and serpentine, all of it dark and cold, with black wings sprouting from his back, and titanic tail in place of legs, and a featureless humanoid torso, arms and head. And he grew mightier in his solitude, while the others deities squabbled over life, he was supreme in undeath.

(4=10-3-3, Evolve Physically, Raise Divine Rank)

------------- Disclaimer ---------

Add two cleric levels please.

------------- Disclaimer ---------

Meanwhile, in the world, the nightwalkers took separate ways, their minds guided by divine inspiration. The creatures wandered and raised the corpses around them in new, abominable shapes.

Eul watched that, and retreated again, to let his children do his grim job in the world.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #39

Xam looked upon himself, and upon the land, and scratched his chin in wonder.

He looked at the Void and noticed a dog. The dog growled. And one of his new lupins was there as well.

"What is this?" Xam asked.

The lupin looked to Xam. "Lord, I am the spirit of a stillborn lupin. I died. And I awoke here."

Xam nodded. "And are there others?"

The lupin notioned behind him and Xam saw a few elves, lupins and lycanthropes looking at Xam expectantly.

"Ah. It would seem that my followers come to me in death. But this never happened before."

The lupin nodded. "But we never had priests before. My mother basked in thoughts for you. When I was not born, she prayed you would protect me."

Xam opened his mouth in awe.

He instantly sent a few of the small birds to run messages written on created paper and written in created ink to the other gods, even Eul.

The MEssage
    Spoiler
    Show

My friends, my allies, and Eul-

I have created something that I did not expect. I tried to find a way for our followers to gain help. They seemed to innately know of what we are, even if they do not know our divine names.

And so their... thoughts find us when they die if they are not the non-dead of Eul. I think we are to shepard them, like the elves and lupins do for sheep. They are our flock joining us. But more inportantly:

We have those teaching our most basic teachings. We have methods of sending our will to the people. We have priests. And because of these priests, we have the Petitioners: those that find us after death. I say, those of us still in the void, we should attempt to make new homes. And with these homes, we should care for our worshippers.

This is my opinion. My opinion that, for some, found you.

Best wishes
    -Xam.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show

Kind of funny that there was Undeath before death
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show

Just as far as the gods are concerned. I just posted something to make Death seem a bit of a tougher domain to want. But I don't want it...
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Xiua'Hi began to grow more tired, but felt his work yet undone, this perplexed him but for a moment, but he knew then what he had to do. With the last of his divine essence, he raised a new form from the ocean, a second land, not far from the first, but not close, and not nearly as large as the other. It rose higher then its fellow, but not as high as its largest peak((A rather mountainous island to start), and took the gems and metals found within, and shifted them into a common form, one with wings, and a long body that walked on all fours. The first was made of the most clear crystal, and it would guard the mountain tops of this new island, the second was made of the most beautiful and stunning emerald, and it would guard the lands, and the third was crafted of topaz so brilliant, that it made the night seem almost like day, and these would guard the water's around this new land.

He then spread his arm over the land and allowed himself to bleed, more tree's and plants springing forth from his blood and growing over the entirity of the land. And from the leaves and bark he formed another body, and from the earth he made the nerves, and each moment that he took, he took with painstaking effort. And once he was done, another creature walked the earth, its body shorter then the elves, buth lithe, with several legs, and wings upon their backs, but their upper body resembling the elves. And with that, he felt the energies finaly drain from his form, uttering only a single sentence before leaving to the void again.

"I shall return, my chosen Hachi, the Ryu'Lung shall watch over you in my stead" ((Homebrew to come))

(Create land-2, Create Populous-Dragon((Gem)) -2, Nourish Land-1, {7-2-2-1-2=0})

All this time, the elves adapted to the world around them, forming crude homes from the earth and tree's, speaking and learning to communicate with one another, and form bonds with one another to keep their legacy alive in these dark times. And once the sun shone, they saw the world they were truely dwelled in, and fled deeper into the earth, only to return when twilight and night were high.

And the Hachi looked unto the large beasts, and bowed low. And the beasts in return bowed back
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #43

The lupins ran the earth, and at the twilight they enjoyed the company of the dark skinned elves.

And the lupins and the elves became allies.

***The Void***

Xam looked at the dragons and smiled. "I like them. I want to make my own."

And as he thought, a butterfly appeared from nowhere and whispered in his ear.

"In my expereince, molding in clay works better to shape your thoughts." the butterfly said. And Xam smiled.

And he made clay and crafted an assortment of dragons. And he smiled and made thier larval form. But Xam had not the energy to give them life yet, and so waited.

"They start in the water, and when they age, they come to embody an element. I like it. Thank you, small butterfly. And who are you?"

"I come from the same world as the oozing worm Ooulzoth. I was mortal, like an elf, but had blood like a dragon. I used magic, like Teerp, to change my form. They called me Tanner." And Xam nodded that he understood.

"You rule the animals Xam. But know this: there are five strongest types. The humanoids, the dragons, the undead, and two that don't exist here yet. Do not try to gain them for power. Do so to keep power from those like Eul or Ooulzoth. And if you do not try hard enough, then gods like your sun god or your fire god will become tainted. I have seen this a few times. It happens. One of my own flock did so. He was the Butcher."

And Xam listened to the tales of the butterfly Tanner, and nodded. And once the butterfly told Xam everything, Xam sat up and nodded again.

And Xam's voice shook all of the Void, and the Burning Void, and the Sun.

"My fellows, I wish to speak with you!" And only Eul could not hear this.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kaern Began, and he was afraid.
    He was alone. He was weak. He was naked.

He must remedy this.

Kaern searched the land for inspiration, and he came upon a vein of basalt, revealed by the upthrust of a mountain. This will do.

Kaern sat with his back to the basalt, and drew it into himself, hardening, strengthening. When a crack in the mountain was all that remained, He was a towering, smooth statue of basalt. And He was pleased.
    (0=3-3, Evolve Physically)

Kaern walked the world, and He met the races. It saddened him that all the mortals had an end to their days, but He considered: if I can not save the individual, perhaps I can preserve the race. Kaern walked the world again, and for the Elves, the Lycanthropes, and the (unnamed flame guys) He chose three defensible sites. All nine sites, he made anathema to undead, and strengthened the hearts of those who would defend it. (casts Hallow x9, with Remove Fear as optional spell).

He then chose a settlement of each race, and Forbade entry, and told those who dwelt there the way in. (Forbiddance x3)

Kaern went then to the Dead wastes, and saw that much of what he could do had already been done. Nevertheless, He Forbade entry to a cave, and taught a Nightwalker the way in. (Forbiddance)

Kaern retired to the Void, to watch and wait.

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bugger, I took too long to type that up. Can we place this before the call to assembly, chronologically? Also, I thought that you meant "coyotes and wolves" by Lupins, but apparently they're an intelligent race. So, yeah, I include them in the hallow/forbidding
    Last edited by tsuuga; 2008-06-29 at 11:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Xiua'Hi was rattled awake from the void, and turned to the sound, frowning, bowing and extending a hand to the new entry to the formless ocean.

"Why have you awoken me Creator Xam? I have done much in the playground and desire to rest so i can return."
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kaern heard the voice of his father, and was gratified that he no longer feared it. He went, to see his father with the eyes of an equal.

"Father. I am here, and I am strong. What news have you?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ramus began blessing the land again. He began shaping mountains again, with his wings, and caused the clouds to rain blessing waters on the land. (nourish land, mold land. He continuously did this, (nourish land twice again -2).

He decided that he must express himself. Because of this, he took out dirt of his finger nails, and flung it to the ground. After cultivitating the dirt with his wish spells and water, he eventually created alot of statues, which he gave sentience.(-3 Create populace, Halflings)

He immediately took a liking to the halfling race, and he began muttering a great incantation. The chanting lasted for hours, and it was filled with child voiced, but immensely important and dramatic things that no one heard. (-4 Create Domain, Halfling -4)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma trapped in his own burning sent his flames, his fire, but now himself before Xam. He stayed in his burning prison, for now, forever.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli dove into the shadows from his place on the sun in search of the one called Eul. He had seen things in his recent travels and his soul called to advance his interests. Beasts of the shade were developing and he saw an opportunity. Elimanishon drew his radiant aura tightly around him, more in a sign of respect to keep from disturbing the shadows too much than self-defense.

"Eul... Is this where you lurk?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

If ya'll wanted a Pelor, I'd have named him Pelor. He's only got 1 point left; with the next week's points he'll create the concept of bards/poetry...
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-06-30 at 08:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

The great form stirred in the dark, it's own bleakness impossible to distinguish from everything else in the plane. The Consuming Shadow was no shadow, for it needed no light to exist.

"Speak. Small one."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have been watching the creatures of this new world. The elves of stone, the flameborn, and the other works rising up all around. They live, but it is not enough. They need something to drive them or they will stagnate. I have seen your creations briefly and it gave me an idea. I seek to create storytellers, those who will spread the words of our deeds and stir up passion within those who listen."

He scuffs his foot on the ground.

"But they will need something to inspire them first and give them these stories to tell - fear, and hate in turn."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

"You wish something for the mortals to fear?"

The great serpentine body writhes and curls around a titanic throne of voidstone.

"Fear more than the deadlands? More than the walkers in the night?"

A gigantic hand wildeing a titanic halberd moves in the dark, it's cruel blade leaving a trail of severed reality behind itself, the Astral Void briefly visible behind it.

"What. Dare you say. Could instill more fear on the living, than the walking dead? The spirits of the fallen? The cold darkness given hunger?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, death by those intended to spread such a thing is fearsome. But it's expected. It's cold, distant and yet so blatant. Frost in a cold soul is to be expected! Yet when one's own kin grow cold and still walk the flesh, commit the atrocities that were only thought to exist in beasts of the night, that terror is far more real. That they too could fall..."

"Why do I muse over this? I have a fear that they will exist without having lived. There must be sacrifices within the populace... umm, villains... to be hated and thereby rally the others. My wanderers-to-be will walk the world to tell of the cold and the warmth. It is a humble request by a humble fool."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul growls in the dark, or maybe his non-existing stomach does, he hungers, you know?

"What you ask could benefit me, maybe my mortal followers could feed my hunger with their kin."

Dread words echoed in the dark plane, traveling to the world bellow, to every creature who cared nothing for his peers, only for himself, for every elf, lupin or whatever else that, in hislone moments, cursed those who wronged them, and to all those wicked souls, Eul spoke of his faith, of excess, of eternal unlife, of the dark dogma of the Comsuming Shadow.

And most of all, he spoke of murdering enemies of the faith for the glory of the dark god.

(2=4-2, Guide Populace, createunify the Cult of Eul)

"I can already feel my hunger waning a bit more..."
    Last edited by Draken; 2008-07-01 at 05:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

"It will suffice. Fiends without food that lacks the passion to live may as well eat dirt. And a populace without passion, no matter what the cost, might as well be less than that. But I must rest before I fulfill my plan."

Elimanishon casts a quick bow and retreats back to the sun; he has a schedule to keep, after all. As he set foot there, he heard the call of one far greater than himself and so he set out once more.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

When does AP regenerate? He's only got 1 left. Planning to create the concept of bards and poets (3 AP), which should be the third of three acts towards Unrequited Love. 1 - His creation of the desert in his attempt at love, 2 - teaching the flameborn of such emotion.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-01 at 09:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are awarded more points each thursday.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma feeling generous sends flames upon his volcanoes in the material plane. Burning them ever brighter. Roaring in his Prison and waiting for the message for Xam the Elder. Sending echoes of his voice throughout the world.

-------------------------

Infern the Flameborn Priest sees the fires, and sees them as a sign from up above. Starting a temple on top of the blighted mountains of the Ocean. Waiting for blessings or destruction of his newfound worship spot. No other flameborn will follow without proof.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

The wormlike creature that emerged from the ball of clay, made it's escape from the other deities, searching for a deserted area within this new world, this 'playground' as he had heard the others call it.

29. - Top - End - #59

Xam looked at his children and friends.

"I have been warned of an odd... event that shall happen. Apparently, the Creator did not only make this world. He created many other worlds, in which time runs differently. This small god from another world, Tanner," Xam mentioned while motioning to the butterfly, which attempted to bow, "has wandered the planes with a blue door. He followed another god to find us after he saw what the other gods are capable of."

Xam looked down. "In those worlds, a thing exists called 'war'. and war is a bad thing. And these other gods wish to bring war to us. And, the only thing that can stop war is war."

Xam sighed. "I have existed longer than all but Eul and the Creator. Apparently, Tanner and Ooulzoth are older than us, but still younger than the Creator. But, and this is what scares me, these gods that wish to bring us war were made after us but are older than us. And I only know the name of thier leader. His name is Varr."

Xam looked to Xiua'Hi and Kaern and Enigma. "Only you three answered me. I expected my son Ramus to come as well. Perhaps Eli, or Nessius, or even Ooulzoth. But I am fine with just you three. Will you help me stop Varr? Or am I to fight this old upstart myself?"

And Xam looked at them all, with the eyes that reflected the skies of the Playground, and the flesh that copied the life. His feet were now furry, and his ears as well, and his skin a dark gray.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Xiua'Hi yawns loudly, turning his back to the gathered gods.

"I seek nothing but balance in this playground. Should this "war" grace us, then i will maintain a balance, with what...i know not, but it shall be maintained. My answer is simply that."
    My Current Works